Context menu questions/requests

Aural Architect

Jun 17, 2017, 9:30:02 AM6/17/17
to Ukelele Users
I have a question that's been on my mind for a while but I keep forgetting/neglecting to ask...

Is there a specific reason that the "Edit Key..." command is not included in the context menu when right clicking a key?  It would be very convenient and seemingly logical and intuitive for that to be one of the options, IMHO—unless there is some reason that it isn't there.  For some strange reason I can't seem to remember that "Edit Key..." is not in the context menu—I guess I want it to be, and think it should be, and my brain keeps "forgetting" that it really isn't there!

On a somewhat related note:  I'm not sure if this is by accident or design, but the "Unlink Key" command is always available in the context menu (for right clicking a key) as opposed to being unavailable/dimmed when the key is not linked.  It seems logical to me that the option would simply be unavailable/grayed-out instead of returning an error-dialog box.

Also, it seems rather odd to me that when I right click a key and select the "Enter Dead Key State" command, I am presented with a dialog box with a drop-down menu to select the state to enter instead of entering the state associated with the key which I right clicked (which MUST be a dead key otherwise that item is not in the context menu).  Using that drop-down menu to select the dead key state can be a pain, especially if the layout has a large number of dead keys (and depending on whether custom names were given to them and how effective those names are); and it seems like the whole point of the "context" menu is defeated when the "context" is ignored.

Anyway, first world problems...    Thank you so much for your consideration.