"Corrupt" keyboard layout and trouble creating collections

Adam Lindberg

Dec 19, 2016, 4:11:36 AM12/19/16
to Ukelele Users
Hi,

I've been using Ukelele for a while, thanks for a great program!

The keyboard layout I have been modifying has been working well, but I recently discovered that this layout file seems a bit broken because Ukelele can't use it in all places. Clicking a few different menus does nothing, notably "Set Keyboard Language..."

I'm also having trouble (even without involving this "broken" layout) to create a new layout collection. Whenever I create a new collection and try to add layouts to it, none of the + menu items work ("Standard Keyboard Layout...", "Existing file..." etc.).

I've attached the layout I'm working with. Any input on how to solve these two problems would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam

Adam Lindberg

Dec 19, 2016, 4:14:56 AM12/19/16
to Ukelele Users
Forgot the attachment.

Also attached a "broken" bundle file where I cannot add new layouts or change/delete the existing one.
svdvorak2.keylayout
svdvorak.bundle.zip

John Brownie

Dec 19, 2016, 4:36:57 AM12/19/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
A couple of "oops" moments!

For some reason, the connection from the + menu's items disappeared, so that they don't do anything.

Set Keyboard Language shouldn't be available for a keyboard layout outside a collection.

Both will be fixed in the next beta. In the meantime, use the current stable release, 3.1.1.

John
19 December 2016 at 11:14
Forgot the attachment.

Also attached a "broken" bundle file where I cannot add new layouts or change/delete the existing one.

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 10:11:36 AM UTC+1, Adam Lindberg wrote:

<<< For your safety, one or more compressed files (such as ZIP) were removed from this message. We do this because many spam and phishing messages are using such files to trick you into giving them information about yourself or your account. If you need the file shared by the sender, please work with them to find another way to access the file, such as through Google Drive. (SIL) >>>
19 December 2016 at 11:11
Hi,

I've been using Ukelele for a while, thanks for a great program!

The keyboard layout I have been modifying has been working well, but I recently discovered that this layout file seems a bit broken because Ukelele can't use it in all places. Clicking a few different menus does nothing, notably "Set Keyboard Language..."

I'm also having trouble (even without involving this "broken" layout) to create a new layout collection. Whenever I create a new collection and try to add layouts to it, none of the + menu items work ("Standard Keyboard Layout...", "Existing file..." etc.).

I've attached the layout I'm working with. Any input on how to solve these two problems would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam

John Brownie
In Finland on furlough from SIL Papua New Guinea

Adam Lindberg

Dec 19, 2016, 4:39:06 AM12/19/16
to Ukelele Users
Brilliant, thanks!