Mac OS Sierra Logitech Dinovo Edge

Xavier

Feb 14, 2017, 4:39:46 PM2/14/17
to Ukelele Users
Hi I have an iMac running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.3
Iant to remap a Logitech Dinovo Edge Bluetooth Keyboard
I am using Ukulele 3.2.1

The program seems to run fine on the computer.

I created and exported my new keyboard layout in the library / Keyboard Layouts

But in the System Preferences / Keyboards I don't find the keyboard layout I created...

Any help? Thanks in advance

Gé van Gasteren

Feb 14, 2017, 6:09:29 PM2/14/17
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavier,

I can think of several things:
1. Did you log off and back on after installing the keyboard layout?
2. Did you specify a language for your keyboard layout? If not, you’ll find it under "Other" in that System Preferences panel.

The simplest way to install a keyboard layout is to use the Ukelele menu option File / Install / Install for current user, log off and back on, and then go to System Preferences to activate the installed layout.

Actually, did you install it, or did you just create a .dmg package with the menu option "File / Install / Export Installer Disk Image" but never opened that disk image?

Xavier

Feb 14, 2017, 8:03:56 PM2/14/17
to Ukelele Users
Thank you very much for your precious help. Actually, I followed your instruction about logging off and On. And Then The keyboard finaly appeared in the system preferences.

Thank you again

Geke

Feb 15, 2017, 4:15:22 AM2/15/17
to Ukelele Users
OK, great!

I guess it works like that because Mac OS copies the active layouts into RAM when you log on, or some such thing, I don’t really know.

Welcome to the world of custom keyboard layouts!