How to uninstall/delete custom keyboards

Jason LR

Jan 14, 2017, 5:34:40 AM1/14/17
to Ukelele Users
Hello,

I was creating a new keyboard layout and I accidentally installed the whole Roman bundle instead of the one I made. I now have multiple duplicated keyboards in the preferences (as it can be seen in the attachment). This really bothers me and I don’t know how to remove them. Any help?
Keyboards.png

John Brownie

Jan 14, 2017, 5:45:48 AM1/14/17
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Go to the appropriate Keyboard Layouts folder, either in the Library
folder at the top level of your startup disk (if installed for all
users) or in the (hidden) Library folder of your own home directory (if
installed for just you). Move the Roman bundle out of that folder, and
all should be OK.

John
--
John Brownie
In Finland on furlough from SIL Papua New Guinea

Jason LR

Jan 14, 2017, 6:01:28 AM1/14/17
to Ukelele Users
Thank you so much! It worked. Now that you told me to look inside the hidden Library folder I found the file immediately.

amir.a...@mail.huji.ac.il

May 1, 2017, 3:15:12 AM5/1/17
to Ukelele Users

בתאריך יום שבת, 14 בינואר 2017 בשעה 12:45:48 UTC+2, מאת John Brownie:
Jason LR wrote:
> I was creating a new keyboard layout and I accidentally installed the
> whole Roman bundle instead of the one I made. I now have multiple
> duplicated keyboards in the preferences (as it can be seen in the
> attachment). This really bothers me and I don’t know how to remove
> them. Any help?
Go to the appropriate Keyboard Layouts folder, either in the Library
folder at the top level of your startup disk (if installed for all
users) or in the (hidden) Library folder of your own home directory (if
installed for just you). Move the Roman bundle out of that folder, and
all should be OK.

Thank you very much for posting this. I had the same problem and this solved it.

I couldn't find a solution for this in the user manual PDF. It really should be mentioned there, and if it's already mentioned, it's hard to find. I searched for "uninstall" and "remove", and couldn't find it.