RTL

Mohamed Thaufyq

Jun 30, 2016, 5:40:08 AM6/30/16
to Ukelele Users
i have difficulties on writing right to left language in my mac os pages. when i write the sentence and after the full stop (.) it goes right side of the sentence. any one plz solve this issue.
މަސްވެރިކަން.   this wrong
.މަސްވެރިކަން  this correct

Sorin Paliga

Jun 30, 2016, 5:58:12 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I am not familiar with RTL languages, but this seems an application-related issue. Have you tested to use other apps, e.g. Nisus or Mellel. They are planned to work fine with RTL input languages. Reportedly, LibreOffice and OpenOffice may handle RTL too.

Mohamed Thaufyq

Jun 30, 2016, 6:00:16 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
yes only problems having in pages.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ukelele Users" group.

Sorin Paliga

Jun 30, 2016, 6:01:09 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
OK, do not use Pages, there is no other way for the time being, use an app, which handles RTL scripts.

Tom Gewecke

Jun 30, 2016, 6:12:44 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com

> On Jun 30, 2016, at 5:59 AM, Mohamed Thaufyq <this...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes only problems having in pages.

Pages 4 cannot do RTL. Pages 5 should work ok.

Thaufyq

Jun 30, 2016, 6:24:50 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Can wright but full-stop goes right side

Sent from my iPhone

Tom Gewecke

Jun 30, 2016, 6:38:54 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com, this...@gmail.com

On Jun 30, 2016, at 6:24 AM, Thaufyq <this...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can wright but full-stop goes right side

Not for me.   Are you using some non apple font or keyboard?

Gé van Gasteren

Jun 30, 2016, 7:06:15 AM6/30/16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thaufyq,

Did you read Tom Gewecke’s solution? He wrote that if you update to Pages version 5, it should work.

Good luck!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ukelele Users" group.