PICO2000 surveillance software

ch

Dec 6, 2003, 7:40:03 PM12/6/03
Can someone share out his/her PICO2000 English version of the
software? I just install a copy, but I think it is of a Chinese
version. After installing, and I launch the software, it doesnt seem
to display the words on the buttons/menu correctly. It shows something
like "???????DV??????".

Really appreciate if someone can share his/her copy of the PICO2000
(English version). Thanks in advance.

rgs,
ch

SantaUK

Dec 7, 2003, 4:05:59 AM12/7/03
Yes - but isn't there a patch on the disk that you run after installing?
This converts it to English, I'll need to check.

--
Regards

SantaUK
Mail me at:
arjf (ng) zzvyyne (qbg) pb (qbg) hx <=== ROT13
Use http://andrewu.co.uk/tools/rot13/ to convert to readable format

"ch" <choo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dec 11, 2003, 10:02:42 AM12/11/03
Look in the root of the CD after installing, there is an English update.
Run this. It looks like nothing has happened, but it changes all those
funny squares to real words. ;-)

Jim Donald

Dec 27, 2003, 9:22:52 AM12/27/03

That's an easy one. A registry edit. Go to:

HKCU/SOFTWARE/UNIVISION CANADA/PICO 2000

And delete the <language> key.

The HARD part about this setup is getting it to work AT ALL under
WINXP and WIN98SE. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I can
get it working on one machine, then when I try another PC with EXACTLY
the same settings - zilch!

I am using the UUC4 capture card version 2.0 (four composite ports and
audio). On starting the program I keep getting the message:

<Security key not found. If the problem persisted [sic], please
contact your dealer>

What gives with this setup? Any ideas gratefully received.

Jim

David Quinton

Dec 30, 2003, 4:38:09 AM12/30/03
On 27 Dec 2003 14:22:52 GMT, Jim Donald <jim...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On starting the program I keep getting the message:
>
><Security key not found. If the problem persisted [sic], please
>contact your dealer>

I think I got that once. Reinistalled and it was OK.

Then I got bored with the software and did:-
So I followed the instructions on this page:
<http://www.nzwinesonline.com/videocard/pico2000.htm>
Hard work - but worthwhile.

I can now access any of the 4 inputs on the card from "normal" Windows
programs.
--
UK Computer stuff from Morgan Auctions. Bids start at £1. No reserve. Sign up NOW!
<http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/morgan.php>

ch

Dec 30, 2003, 9:50:53 PM12/30/03
Thanks for all the help provided here. I finally got the PICO2000
software to work. I use a different version of PICO2000 shared by a
person over the net. My copy of PICO2000 just doenst work well. Thanks
to the gentleman/lady.

Now, after using PICO2000 for awhile, I am not too happy with it. Some
of the essential features are not there, like alert notification thro
email, phone, pager, etc. I understand that by using another driver
featured in http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ I can use other WDM
surveillance software to work with the UCC4 card that I have. I am
trying out Gotcha Multicam(http://www.gotchanow.com/). I install the
btwincap driver, and run Gotcha Multicam, but I can only view 1
screen (i.e. one input from one of the 4 ports on the DVR card).

My question is, how do I have all the 4 screen appear on the Gotcha?
In Gotcha, there is only one video source available.

David, I understand you managed to access all 4 inputs on your DVR
card. Did you managed to view all the 4 input simultaneously in the
surveillance sw that you are using? May I know how you manage to do
that? Really appreciate some assistance / tips from you. Thanks in
advance.

Rgds,
ch

David Quinton