6-Way Aerial Distribution Amplifier

1 view

Norman Wells

May 21, 2009, 4:24:06 AM5/21/09
I'm looking for one of these 'ere things, and have come across the
following:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29413&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=StaticFamilyPages&doy=search&MenuName=6 x
Aerial Distribution Amplifier

I guess it will do the job, but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions
or comments. Is there anything better anyone would recommend please?

Woody

May 21, 2009, 2:44:18 PM5/21/09
"Norman Wells" <no-...@myarl.co.uk> wrote in message

Have a look at this one:-

http://cpc.farnell.com/proception/proamp310x/amplifier-ir-uhf-multi-use-10-way/dp/AP01843

Has the advantage of three separate inputs for FM, DAB, and TV,
and relatively low gain per port which means little chance of
overload. They also have a very good built-in Tetra filter, and
it is about the same price as your SL6.

(If you dig around the CPC site you will find they do the SL6
rather cheaper than Maplins even including P&P.)

Although they are rather more expensive, have a look at those by
Televes. I've had one now for about four years and it is superb -
very low noise, totally screened (inside a metal box) so it gets
no interference, and a useable amount of gain to boot.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Norman Wells