UKSF World Cup 2010 PredictoCompo

1 view

Mister M

May 10, 2010, 12:17:44 AM5/10/10
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling so jaded that the prospect of
the upcoming World Cup in Serth Iffrica is failing to cause even the
faintest of stirrings in my nether regions. There's only one way to fix
that - a UKSF PredictoCompo! Woah, yeah, now THAT'S what I call a 1.2cm
chubby!

So, here we have it. The rules are very simple. The scoring system
isn't, mainly coz I haven't dreamed it up yet. For each of the teams
(listed below in the their first-round groups), please state what their
final result will be, using the following mind-bendingly complex code:
1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111
2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)
3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff
4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff
QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)
16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)
FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
16 of these)

Make your selection for all of the teams now, and you will NOT be
allowed to change it part way through teh tournament. Mainly coz that
would make it Too Fecking Hard for yours truly to keep up with it. This
is a one-shot deal, a fire-and-forget if you will, just like Joe's lovelife.

There will be the usual prize for the winner.

The teamz:

Group A:
France
Mexico
South Africa
Uruguay

Group B:
Argentina
Greece
Nigeria
South Korea

Group C:
Algeria
England
Slovenia
USA

Group D:
Australia
Germany
Ghana
Serbia

Group E:
Cameroon
Denmark
Netherlands
Japan

Group F:
Italy
New Zealand
Paraguay
Slovakia

Group G:
Brazil
Ivory Coast
North Korea
Portugal

Group H:
Chile
Honduras
Spain
Switzerland

Deadline for entries is 4th June 2010. Competition organiser's decision
is final (are you listening Gay Nigel?).

Get busy.

nigel

May 10, 2010, 8:33:22 AM5/10/10
Mister M wrote:

> Deadline for entries is 4th June 2010. Competition organiser's decision
> is final (are you listening Gay Nigel?).

I have no problems with that provided the rules don't change in
mid-competition because the organiser doesn't want me to win.

> Get busy.

I certainly intend to enter, but could you publish the fixtures from the
knockout stages (eg Winner Group A v Runner-up Group ?) to save everyone
having to look them up for themselves?

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 10, 2010, 10:54:10 AM5/10/10
nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Deadline for entries is 4th June 2010. Competition organiser's decision
>> is final (are you listening Gay Nigel?).
> I have no problems with that provided the rules don't change in
> mid-competition because the organiser doesn't want me to win.

No, see, the organiser's decision is final, if they decide that they want to
change the rules mid-competition becuase they don't want you to win, that is
covered by this rule. What you don't seem to realise is that no-one really
gives that much of a fuck about whether you win or not to /bother/ changing
the rules to make it anti-nigel. Apart from now you've made a point about
it, of course, so it's obligatory to do it now.

> I certainly intend to enter, but could you publish the fixtures from the
> knockout stages (eg Winner Group A v Runner-up Group ?) to save everyone
> having to look them up for themselves?

Tell you what, I'll post mine without looking at the fixtures, and I'll have
a side bet with you that I do better than you, no matter how much research
you do. 10 quid to the winner's choice of charity?

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 10, 2010, 11:08:10 AM5/10/10
Bound to be some mistakes and impossibilities in here, but frankly, I don't care. :-)

1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111
Spain

2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Germany

[...]

nigel

May 10, 2010, 1:44:43 PM5/10/10
vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk wrote:

> nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>>Deadline for entries is 4th June 2010. Competition organiser's decision
>>>is final (are you listening Gay Nigel?).
>>
>>I have no problems with that provided the rules don't change in
>>mid-competition because the organiser doesn't want me to win.
>

> No, see, the organiser's decision is final, if they decide that they want to
> change the rules mid-competition becuase they don't want you to win, that is
> covered by this rule.

I just want the same chance as every other fucker :(

> What you don't seem to realise is that no-one really
> gives that much of a fuck about whether you win or not to /bother/ changing
> the rules to make it anti-nigel.

That's good. I want to support this competition (and SBL next season)
but I don't want to waste time on it if it's not going to be fair.

> Apart from now you've made a point about
> the rules to make it anti-nigel. Apart from now you've made a point about
> it, of course, so it's obligatory to do it now.
>

>>I certainly intend to enter, but could you publish the fixtures from the
>>knockout stages (eg Winner Group A v Runner-up Group ?) to save everyone
>>having to look them up for themselves?
>

> Tell you what, I'll post mine without looking at the fixtures, and I'll have
> a side bet with you that I do better than you, no matter how much research
> you do. 10 quid to the winner's choice of charity?

No. I don't mind betting against bookies (did alright this weekend) but
I never ever bet against friends(?) for money.

Joe and I had a sort of bet that Rooney wouldn't get 30 league goals
this season. As it turned out he didn't deserve to lose and I wouldn't
have wanted him to lose money as a result of Rooney's unfortunate
injury. Unless his full name was Joe Paddy-Power.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 10, 2010, 4:53:17 PM5/10/10
nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Tell you what, I'll post mine without looking at the fixtures, and I'll have
>> a side bet with you that I do better than you, no matter how much research
>> you do. 10 quid to the winner's choice of charity?
> No. I don't mind betting against bookies (did alright this weekend) but
> I never ever bet against friends(?) for money.

That's silly. It adds interest and competitiveness. I'd much rather my
money came or went to someone I knew instead of an anonymous bookie

> Joe and I had a sort of bet that Rooney wouldn't get 30 league goals
> this season. As it turned out he didn't deserve to lose and I wouldn't
> have wanted him to lose money as a result of Rooney's unfortunate
> injury. Unless his full name was Joe Paddy-Power.

But this won't be fair or unfair, it will be based on yours or my own
prediction power, not the ability of Mr Potato Head to kick a ball and the
(sir) drunken scotsman's mind games.

Mister M

May 10, 2010, 4:57:27 PM5/10/10
nigel wrote:
> Mister M wrote:
>>
>> Deadline for entries is 4th June 2010. Competition organiser's
>> decision is final (are you listening Gay Nigel?).
>
> I have no problems with that provided the rules don't change in
> mid-competition because the organiser doesn't want me to win.

I can guarantee that I will not change the rules because I don't want
you to win. The only reason I will change the rules is if I've forgotten
something, or if I suddenly realise that doing it the way I'd planned to
do it will make life supremely difficult for me. As I am a genius,
neither of these circumstances is likely to occur.

> I certainly intend to enter, but could you publish the fixtures from the
> knockout stages (eg Winner Group A v Runner-up Group ?) to save everyone
> having to look them up for themselves?

No, stop being a lazy cunt. This is the sodding World Cup, it's not like
it's hard to find out who's playing who.

Osbourne Ruddock

May 10, 2010, 5:16:31 PM5/10/10
<vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk> wrote in

>> I certainly intend to enter, but could you publish the fixtures from
>> the knockout stages (eg Winner Group A v Runner-up Group ?) to save
>> everyone having to look them up for themselves?
>
> Tell you what, I'll post mine without looking at the fixtures, and
> I'll have a side bet with you that I do better than you, no matter how
> much research you do. 10 quid to the winner's choice of charity?

Heh heh. C'mon Vicky, marry me and we'll bugger off and make some more
babies and go and live in a hut by the beach and laugh about the old
times when you pwned ghey nigel during Mart's 'UKSF World Cup 2010
PredictoCompo' thread. Please?

--
Cheers, Os

nigel

May 10, 2010, 5:33:53 PM5/10/10
Mister M wrote:

> No, stop being a lazy cunt. This is the sodding World Cup, it's not like
> it's hard to find out who's playing who.

Okay, first I'll reprise teh groups from your initial post:

Then here's stuff I butchered from the FIFA webshite (soory about the
formatting):

Round of 16
Sat 26.06.10
49 Nelson Mandela Bay / PLZ 16:00 hrs 1A - 2B
50 Rustenburg 20:30 hrs 1C - 2D
Sun 27.06.10
51 Mangaung / BFN 16:00 hrs 1D - 2C
52 Johannesburg - JSC 20:30 hrs 1B - 2A
Mon 28.06.10
53 Durban 16:00 hrs 1E - 2F
54 Johannesburg - JEP 20:30 hrs 1G - 2H
Tue 29.06.10
55 Tshwane / Pretoria 16:00 hrs 1F - 2E
56 Cape Town 20:30 hrs 1H - 2G
Quarter-finals
Fri 02.07.10
57 Nelson Mandela Bay / PLZ 16:00 hrs W53 - W54
58 Johannesburg - JSC 20:30 hrs W49 - W50
Sat 03.07.10
59 Cape Town 16:00 hrs W52 - W51
60 Johannesburg - JEP 20:30 hrs W55 - W56
Semi-finals
Tue 06.07.10
61 Cape Town 20:30 hrs W58 - W57
Wed 07.07.10
62 Durban 20:30 hrs W59 - W60
Play-off for third place
Sat 10.07.10
63 Nelson Mandela Bay / PLZ 20:30 hrs L61 - L62
Final
Sun 11.07.10
64 Johannesburg - JSC 20:30 hrs W61 - W62

Mister M

May 10, 2010, 5:37:51 PM5/10/10
nigel wrote:

[snip]

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Joe Horowitz

May 10, 2010, 6:58:25 PM5/10/10

"nigel" <use...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Joe and I had a sort of bet that Rooney wouldn't get 30 league goals this
> season. As it turned out he didn't deserve to lose and I wouldn't have
> wanted him to lose money as a result of Rooney's unfortunate injury.
> Unless his full name was Joe Paddy-Power.

Hmmm.. I remember offering that bet, but I can't remember if you accepted
it or not. If you did, though, I'd definitely want to pay up. Cunts who
don't pay their debts are cunts.

--
Joe

"I am the fat puddin', but a single puddingness" - Vicky Conlan

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 10, 2010, 6:05:08 PM5/10/10
Mister M <ne...@mandab.co.uk> wrote:
> I can guarantee that I will not change the rules because I don't want
> you to win. The only reason I will change the rules is if I've forgotten
> something, or if I suddenly realise that doing it the way I'd planned to
> do it will make life supremely difficult for me. As I am a genius,
> neither of these circumstances is likely to occur.

But if you do it's bound to coincidentally make sure nigel loses! :-D

> No, stop being a lazy cunt. This is the sodding World Cup, it's not like
> it's hard to find out who's playing who.

And it's not as if it really matters!

nigel

May 11, 2010, 5:07:30 AM5/11/10
Joe Horowitz wrote:

> "nigel" <use...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>Joe and I had a sort of bet that Rooney wouldn't get 30 league goals this
>>season. As it turned out he didn't deserve to lose and I wouldn't have
>>wanted him to lose money as a result of Rooney's unfortunate injury.
>>Unless his full name was Joe Paddy-Power.
>

> Hmmm.. I remember offering that bet, but I can't remember if you accepted
> it or not. If you did, though, I'd definitely want to pay up. Cunts who
> don't pay their debts are cunts.

I don't think a formal bet was actually made/accepted, but I would
certainly not have gambled any money on it with you.

That reminds me, after Leon Best moved from a free-scoring struggling
team to a low-scoring high-achieving team, did he actually score another
league goal? I know Ben's bet failed and the Championship's top
scorer(s) were Whittingham and Maynard on a relatively paltry 20
(actually a good achievement by Whittingham since he's not a central
striker).

nigel

May 11, 2010, 5:23:28 AM5/11/10
vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk wrote:

> nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>>Tell you what, I'll post mine without looking at the fixtures, and I'll have
>>>a side bet with you that I do better than you, no matter how much research
>>>you do. 10 quid to the winner's choice of charity?
>>
>>No. I don't mind betting against bookies (did alright this weekend) but
>>I never ever bet against friends(?) for money.
>

> That's silly. It adds interest and competitiveness. I'd much rather my
> money came or went to someone I knew instead of an anonymous bookie

I see taking money from bookies as a 'victimless crime', except that
it's not a crime. If I take money from friends, that's less they've got
to buy me drinks with. :)

> But this won't be fair or unfair, it will be based on yours or my own
> prediction power, not the ability of Mr Potato Head to kick a ball and the
> (sir) drunken scotsman's mind games.

I've looked at your entry and it seems quite strong to me. I've decided
on my tictacs, I just haven't had the time to work through the fixtures
yet. I'm going to submit an entry which IMO is more likely to win the
competition than yours, but simultaneously likely to finish lower than
yours.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 11, 2010, 6:50:19 AM5/11/10
nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
> I've looked at your entry and it seems quite strong to me. I've decided
> on my tictacs, I just haven't had the time to work through the fixtures
> yet. I'm going to submit an entry which IMO is more likely to win the
> competition than yours, but simultaneously likely to finish lower than
> yours.

Don't feel like you have to sit on the fence at all, Nige!

nigel

May 11, 2010, 9:03:03 AM5/11/10
Osbourne Ruddock wrote:

Is Vicky restricted to the number of husbands she can have? I'd like to
stake a claim too :)

CJM

May 11, 2010, 11:03:21 AM5/11/10
Being the helpful soul that I am, I've uploaded a WC Fixture Schedule (Excel
2MB) to RapidCunt. It has all the fixtures and you can 'simulate' the whole
tournament if so inclined.

http://rapidshare.com/files/386077431/World_Cup_2010.xls.html

I ask nothing in return, other than a few sly rule changes from Mr M halfway
through, that ensures I finish above Ghey Nigel...

Osbourne Ruddock

May 12, 2010, 1:36:21 AM5/12/10
nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote in news:YZ-
dnfSlk64ayHTWn...@brightview.co.uk:

>> Heh heh. C'mon Vicky, marry me and we'll bugger off and make some more
>> babies and go and live in a hut by the beach and laugh about the old
>> times when you pwned ghey nigel during Mart's 'UKSF World Cup 2010
>> PredictoCompo' thread. Please?
>>

> Is Vicky restricted to the number of husbands she can have? I'd like to
> stake a claim too :)

Only in the sense of a black widow spider being restricted in the number
of post-coital meals it can have...

--
Cheers, Os

Joe Horowitz

May 14, 2010, 10:13:33 AM5/14/10

"Mister M" <ne...@mandab.co.uk> wrote in message
> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Spain

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Brazil

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

Argentina

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

England

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

Holland, France, Italy, USA

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

South Korea, Serbia, Germany, South Africa, Paraguay, Chile, Cameroon,
Portugal

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)

Mexico, Uruguay, Greece, Nigeria, Slovenia, Algeria, Australia, Ghana,
Denmark, Japan, Slovakia, New Zealand, Ivory Coast, North Korea,
Switzerland, Honduras

Martin rocks!1!1one!1\m/!!1

nigel

May 21, 2010, 5:06:58 AM5/21/10
Mister M wrote:

> So, here we have it. The rules are very simple. The scoring system
> isn't, mainly coz I haven't dreamed it up yet. For each of the teams
> (listed below in the their first-round groups), please state what their
> final result will be, using the following mind-bendingly complex code:
> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Italy

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Holland

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

England

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

Germany

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

Brazil, France, Argentina, Spain

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

South Korea, Serbia, USA, South Africa, Slovakia, Switzerland, Cameroon,
Ivory Coast

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)

Chile, Honduras, North Korea, Portugal, Paraguay, New Zealand, Denmark,
Japan, Australia, Ghana, Algeria, Slovenia, Nigeria, Greece, Uruguay, Mexico

That result is physically possible and generated using CJM's spreadsheet
(thanks!). Yes, I did take longer than Conlan, but probably not much.

<boringstuff>
The prediction is somewhat different to my finger-in-the-air first-cut,
which had Italy and Germany as the finalists. Most people will
justifiably pick Spain or possibly Brazil as the winners. I think
Italian and German footie is at the start of a renaissance, and although
the tournament is probably a couple of years too early for them, if my
theory about the Spanish team starting to get over the hill with
over-familiar tactics is correct, they perhaps represent the best chance
amongst the outsiders. I think conditions for the closing stages will
best suit European teams rather than South American.
</boringstuff>

Cunts!

Sir Benjamin Nunn

May 21, 2010, 8:08:46 AM5/21/10

"Mister M" <ne...@mandab.co.uk> wrote in message
> I don't know about you, but I'm feeling so jaded that the prospect of the
> upcoming World Cup in Serth Iffrica is failing to cause even the faintest
> of stirrings in my nether regions. There's only one way to fix that - a
> UKSF PredictoCompo! Woah, yeah, now THAT'S what I call a 1.2cm chubby!
>
> So, here we have it. The rules are very simple. The scoring system isn't,
> mainly coz I haven't dreamed it up yet. For each of the teams (listed
> below in the their first-round groups), please state what their final
> result will be, using the following mind-bendingly complex code:

ghey.

> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Brazil

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Germany

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

France

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

Italy

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

England definitely
Holalnd
Argentina
Spain

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

Greece
Serbia
USA
Mexico
Paraguay
Switxerland
Denmark
Portugal

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)

Uruguay
S Africa
Nigeria
Korea R
SLovenia
Algeria
Ghana
Australia
Cameronon
Japan
Slovakia
N Zealan
IVory Coast
Korea D
Chile
Honduras

> Get busy.

gheyness.

BTN

Sir Benjamin Nunn

May 21, 2010, 8:18:11 AM5/21/10

"Joe Horowitz" <my_...@youblunder.co.youghey> wrote in message

> Mexico, Uruguay, Greece, Nigeria, Slovenia, Algeria, Australia, Ghana,
> Denmark, Japan, Slovakia, New Zealand, Ivory Coast, North Korea,
> Switzerland, Honduras
>
> Martin rocks!1!1one!1\m/!!1

Yes, Joe, but so do Mexico. Relatively.

And you've put them to not go beyond the first round.

What a cunt.

What an absolutely unbelievable fucking cunt. Cunt.

BTN

Sir Benjamin Nunn

May 21, 2010, 8:28:04 AM5/21/10

> "nigel" <use...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Joe and I had a sort of bet that Rooney wouldn't get 30 league goals this
>> season. As it turned out he didn't deserve to lose and I wouldn't have
>> wanted him to lose money as a result of Rooney's unfortunate injury.
>> Unless his full name was Joe Paddy-Power.
>
> Hmmm.. I remember offering that bet, but I can't remember if you
> accepted it or not. If you did, though, I'd definitely want to pay up.
> Cunts who don't pay their debts are cunts.

Not as big a shower of cunts as people who don't rate Mexico's chances
though.

Like you.

Cunt.

BTN

Joe Horowitz

May 21, 2010, 9:48:46 AM5/21/10

"Sir Benjamin Nunn" <ben...@depro.co.uk> wrote in message

> Not as big a shower of cunts as people who don't rate Mexico's chances
> though.
>
> Like you.
>
> Cunt.

You know I was molested by Mexico as a child.

Cunt.

Joe Horowitz

May 21, 2010, 9:49:15 AM5/21/10

> Yes, Joe, but so do Mexico. Relatively.
>
> And you've put them to not go beyond the first round.
>
> What a cunt.
>
> What an absolutely unbelievable fucking cunt. Cunt.

You know that Mexico raped my mother.

Cunt.

Joe Horowitz

May 21, 2010, 9:52:23 AM5/21/10

>> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of
>> these)
> Mexico

Mexico!11!11!lol!!11mongtards!1

they are looosers.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 21, 2010, 11:41:20 AM5/21/10

Hmm. I definitely want that bet with you.

Joe Horowitz

May 21, 2010, 12:45:24 PM5/21/10

<vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hmm. I definitely want that bet with you.

Err..... who are you talking to and to which bet do you refer? It's one
thing keeping your quote percentage down but a little here and there is
nice, you know, just for context.

Cunt.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

May 21, 2010, 12:59:14 PM5/21/10
Joe Horowitz <my_...@youblunder.co.youghey> wrote:
>> Hmm. I definitely want that bet with you.
> Err..... who are you talking to and to which bet do you refer? It's one
> thing keeping your quote percentage down but a little here and there is
> nice, you know, just for context.

Oh, that's odd, I intended to keep the attribution line in, but it seems to
have been eaten. *munches very subtley behind her hand*

It was Nigelous. Apparently he doesn't take bets with non-bookie-persons.
Which is very mean, I think I should be just as entitled to take his money
off him as any bookie!

Joe Horowitz

May 21, 2010, 8:17:34 PM5/21/10

> It was Nigelous. Apparently he doesn't take bets with non-bookie-persons.
> Which is very mean, I think I should be just as entitled to take his money
> off him as any bookie!

Yeah, right-wing reactionary Gay Nigel in discrimination shocker. He
probably thinks it's alright to turn non-bookie-persons away from B&B as
well.

Osbourne Ruddock

May 23, 2010, 7:27:38 PM5/23/10
Mister M <ne...@mandab.co.uk> wrote in

> So, here we have it. The rules are very simple. The scoring system
> isn't, mainly coz I haven't dreamed it up yet. For each of the teams
> (listed below in the their first-round groups), please state what
> their final result will be, using the following mind-bendingly complex
> code:

I don't know what I'm doing.

> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Brazil

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Spain

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

Germany

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

England

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

Argentina
Netherlands
Mexico
Italy

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of
> these)

France
Algeria
Australia
Cameroon
USA
Paraguay
Portugal
Chile

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you
> should have 16 of these)

South Africa, Uruguay, Slovenia, Serbia, Denmark, Japan, New Zealand,
Slovakia, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Honduras, Switzerland, South Korea,
Nigeria, Greece, Ghana

--
Cheers, Os

Mister M

May 24, 2010, 1:23:30 AM5/24/10
Mister M wrote:

And here are my predictions, without looking at anyone else''s:

> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111
Spain

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)
Brazil

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

England

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

Argentina

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

France
Australia
Netherlands
Italy

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

Mexico
Nigeria
USA
Germany
Cameroon
Slovakia
Ivory Coast
Chile

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)
South Africa

Uruguay
Greece
South Korea
Algeria
Slovenia
Ghana
Serbia
Denmark
Japan
New Zealand
Paraguay
North Korea
Portugal
Honduras
Switzerland

> Get busy.

Damn right.

Mister M

May 24, 2010, 4:20:08 PM5/24/10
Mister M wrote:
> Mister M wrote:

[snip]

>> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

> Australia

[snip]

>> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should
>> have 16 of these)

> New Zealand

Having watched the Sheilaroos v All Whites game last night I wish I
could change at least one of these predictions.

Joe Horowitz

May 25, 2010, 9:53:34 AM5/25/10

> Having watched the Sheilaroos v All Whites game last night I wish I could
> change at least one of these predictions.

Heh. Having watched England vs Mexico I felt the same. Fuck me we were
awful. Spain would have beaten us 10-0.

Cornelius

May 25, 2010, 10:11:42 AM5/25/10
On May 10, 5:17 am, Mister M <n...@mandab.co.uk> wrote:

> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Italy

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Brazil

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

England

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

Argentina

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

Netherlands
France
USA
Ivory Coast

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

Greece
Australia
Germany
Uruguay
Slovakia
Switzerland
Cameroon
Spain

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)

Mexico
South Africa
Nigeria

South Korea
Algeria
Slovenia
Ghana
Serbia
Denmark
Japan
New Zealand
Paraguay

Portugal
North Korea
Honduras
Chile

--
Cornelius

nigel

Jun 1, 2010, 6:24:26 AM6/1/10
Mister M wrote:

> The scoring system isn't, mainly coz I haven't dreamed it up yet.

Eat cheese last thing at night. That will make you dream, and perhaps
dream up a scoring system.

> Deadline for entries is 4th June 2010.

Hint hint, for everyone who hasn't entered yet.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

Jun 2, 2010, 6:26:59 AM6/2/10

Mr Conlan says ...

1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Spain

2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Brazil

[...]

nigel

Jun 2, 2010, 7:41:14 AM6/2/10
vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk wrote:

> Mr Conlan says ...
>

> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111
>
> Spain

<snip>

Unless there's a sudden flood of late entries, I calculate that by
bribing Cornelius with the money you won off Ben at poker you are both
more likely to finish higher than me and more likely to win the
competition than me :)

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

Jun 2, 2010, 12:58:58 PM6/2/10
nigel <use...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Unless there's a sudden flood of late entries, I calculate that by
> bribing Cornelius with the money you won off Ben at poker

I have not yet managed to play Ben at poker.

Joe Horowitz

Jun 2, 2010, 3:05:08 PM6/2/10

<vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk> wrote in message

I played Ben at poker once.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

Jun 2, 2010, 5:01:06 PM6/2/10
Joe Horowitz <my_...@youblunder.co.youghey> wrote:
>>> Unless there's a sudden flood of late entries, I calculate that by
>>> bribing Cornelius with the money you won off Ben at poker
>> I have not yet managed to play Ben at poker.
> I played Ben at poker once.

R? AHDTWOFTPOY?

nigel

Jun 2, 2010, 5:19:43 PM6/2/10
Joe Horowitz wrote:

> I played Ben at poker once.

Really? Did it get you thrown out of the Christian-owned B&B you were
staying in?

Tony McChrystal

Jun 2, 2010, 8:31:26 PM6/2/10
On 10 May, 05:17, Mister M <n...@mandab.co.uk> wrote:

> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Eng-er-land

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Neth-er-lands

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

Italy

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

Brazil

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

France
South Africa
Ivory Coast
Spain

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

Argentina
Nigeria
Germany
USA
Cameroon
Ghana
Paraguay
Chile

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)

> Mexico

> Uruguay
> Greece
> South Korea
> Algeria
> Slovenia

> Australia

> Serbia
> Denmark
> Japan
> New Zealand

> Slovakia

> North Korea
> Portugal
> Honduras
> Switzerland

IHNIWIJS.

Osbourne Ruddock

Jun 3, 2010, 12:27:29 AM6/3/10
Tony McChrystal <tony.mc...@googlemail.com> wrote in

I > On 10 May, 05:17, Mister M <n...@mandab.co.uk> wrote:

>> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111
>
> Eng-er-land
>
>> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)
>
> Neth-er-lands

I like your style TMAK. Always have, always will.

--
Cheers, Os

Joe Horowitz

Jun 3, 2010, 2:44:57 PM6/3/10

"nigel" <use...@nospam.com> wrote in message

No, we were merely asked to refrain from horsecocking the other residents.

Ben, to his credit, refused.

Joe Horowitz

Jun 3, 2010, 2:46:19 PM6/3/10

<vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk> wrote in message

I'm glad you asked, Vicky Conlan, I'm glad you asked. It was the Best
Weekend Of My Life.

Ben was underwhelmed of course, but that's his problem.

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

Jun 3, 2010, 4:18:18 PM6/3/10
Joe Horowitz <my_...@youblunder.co.youghey> wrote:
> Ben was underwhelmed of course, but that's his problem.

Actually, I think you may find that that is all our problem.

Goalie of the Century

Jun 3, 2010, 4:37:01 PM6/3/10
In message <84pfn9...@mid.individual.net, Mister M <ne...@mandab.co.uk
writes
>1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111
Brasil

>2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Espana

>3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

Deutschland

>4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

Italia

>QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

England
Argentina
France
Nederland

>16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen
>(you should have 8 of these)

South Africa
Hellas
USA
Srbija
Danmark
Slovensko
Republica Portuguesa
Chile

>FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage
>(you should have 16 of these)
Mexico
Uruguay

Nigeria
Daehan-minguk
al Jazairiyya
Slovenija
Ghana
Australia
Nippon-koku
Cameroun
New Zealand
Paraguay
Cote d'Ivoire
Choson Minjujuui Inmin Konghwaguk
Confederatio Helvetica
Honduras

--
Goalie of the Century

Michael Cunningham

Jun 4, 2010, 8:33:12 AM6/4/10
"Mister M" <ne...@mandab.co.uk> wrote in message news:84pfn9...@mid.individual.net...
> 1 - Teh Winnerzzzzz!!1111

Brazil

> 2 - Runners-up (aka Teh Looserz)

Spain

> 3 - Winners of the Turd Place playoff

Netherlands

> 4 - Looserz of the Turd Place playoff

England

> QF - Losing quarter-finalist (you should have 4 of these)

Uruguay
Argentina
Germany
Denmark

> 16 - Losers in the Round Of Teh Sweet Sixteen (you should have 8 of these)

Mexico
Greece
Serbia
USA
Italy
Slovakia
Portugal
Chile

> FR - Muppets who didn't progress beyond teh Group Stage (you should have
> 16 of these)

South Africa
France
Nigeria

South Korea
Algeria
Slovenia
Australia

Ghana
Cameroon
Japan
New Zealand
Paraguay
Ivory Coast
North Korea
Honduras
Switzerland

--
Mike

http://theheroicartoflosing.wordpress.com/

Mister M

Jun 7, 2010, 5:01:24 PM6/7/10
On Jun 5, 12:33 am, "Michael Cunningham"
<super...@xxblockxxuksf.org.uk> wrote:

[snip]

Noting the time above, I can see that Mikey made a supreme effort to
get this in before the deadline but failed miserably. However, because
he's so sexy, I'll let his entry stand. Much as Ben did.

None of you other fuckers should attempt to take advantage of my
forgiving nature by, say, getting your entries in before the end of
Tuesday.

Fuck this Googlefrups shite is shite.

nigel

Jun 7, 2010, 5:53:03 PM6/7/10
Mister M wrote:

> On Jun 5, 12:33 am, "Michael Cunningham"
> <super...@xxblockxxuksf.org.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Noting the time above, I can see that Mikey made a supreme effort to
> get this in before the deadline but failed miserably. However, because
> he's so sexy, I'll let his entry stand. Much as Ben did.

For those mystified by this assertion I will pretend to be intelligent.

Mister M's IP Address appears to place him in New Zealand.

So although my newsreader claims Mikey posted his entry at 1.33 pm on
the 4th, to someone standing the wrong way up he will appear to have
posted perhaps 12 hours later.

> None of you other fuckers should attempt to take advantage of my
> forgiving nature by, say, getting your entries in before the end of
> Tuesday.

Might I suggest using South African time, which is 1 hour ahead of the
UK and ten hours behind Wellington if my calculations are correct?

> Fuck this Googlefrups shite is shite.

I can't understand why Google jettisoned the Deja interface - it was
simple to use and WORKED!

vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk

Jun 7, 2010, 6:43:41 PM6/7/10
Mister M <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Noting the time above, I can see that Mikey made a supreme effort to
> get this in before the deadline but failed miserably. However, because
> he's so sexy, I'll let his entry stand. Much as Ben did.

Fair enough. Why is the date tonight rather than start of the first match,
out of interest?

Mister M

Jun 7, 2010, 7:53:29 PM6/7/10
On Jun 8, 10:43 am, <vi...@dinky.vm.bytemark.co.uk> wrote:

Just because. Anyone suggesting that it was an arbitrary date plucked
out of Ben's arses to be annoying would be entirely correct.

Joe Horowitz

Jun 7, 2010, 9:05:16 PM6/7/10

"Mister M" <martin....@gmail.com> wrote in message

You know what I think? I think it was an arbitrary date plucked out of Ben's
arses to be annoying.

I'm almost convinced of it.

nigel

Jun 8, 2010, 4:14:11 AM6/8/10

It was reported here that New Zealand was stuffed up Ben's arses and
Mister M's IP Address appears to emanate from New Zealand so that is
indeed the case.

Michael Cunningham

Jun 8, 2010, 9:26:17 PM6/8/10

> Noting the time above, I can see that Mikey made a supreme effort to
> get this in before the deadline but failed miserably. However, because
> he's so sexy, I'll let his entry stand. Much as Ben did.

The day UKSF operates according to New Zealand time,
Martin, is the day that Ben Nunn forms a loving, meaningful
relationship with someone who loves him back.

--
Mike

http://theheroicartoflosing.wordpress.com/

Osbourne Ruddock

Jun 8, 2010, 10:55:36 PM6/8/10
"Michael Cunningham" <supe...@xxblockxxuksf.org.uk> wrote in news:humqkg
$m6c$1...@news.eternal-september.org:

>> Noting the time above, I can see that Mikey made a supreme effort to
>> get this in before the deadline but failed miserably. However, because
>> he's so sexy, I'll let his entry stand. Much as Ben did.
>
> The day UKSF operates according to New Zealand time,
> Martin, is the day that Ben Nunn forms a loving, meaningful
> relationship with someone who loves him back.

I operated according to New Zealand time once.

--
Cheers, Os

nigel

Jun 9, 2010, 3:57:56 AM6/9/10
Osbourne Ruddock wrote:

> I operated according to New Zealand time once.

Did the patient survive?

Osbourne Ruddock

Jun 10, 2010, 5:04:02 PM6/10/10
Mister M <ne...@mandab.co.uk> wrote in

> I don't know about you, but I'm feeling so jaded that the prospect of
> the upcoming World Cup in Serth Iffrica is failing to cause even the
> faintest of stirrings in my nether regions. There's only one way to
> fix that - a UKSF PredictoCompo! Woah, yeah, now THAT'S what I call a
> 1.2cm chubby!

So, according to New Zealand time, we've still got about 36 hours or so
to get our picks in, yeh?

--
Cheers, Os