OT:ukrm Film Klub (for Auvache)

CT

Oct 15, 2010, 6:12:38 AM10/15/10
We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.

It was shit.

[1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443632/

--
Chris

Message has been deleted

ogden

Oct 15, 2010, 6:17:55 AM10/15/10
des wrote:
> We're going to be watching 'Iron Man II' tonight. I expect it to be shit.

I can't remember the last time I watched a shit film with anything but
ironic motivation.

If it looks shit, don't watch it. Simple.

--
ogden

gsxr1000 - the gentleman's sports-tourer
ktm duke - the practical cross-town commuter

CT

Oct 15, 2010, 6:19:10 AM10/15/10
des wrote:

> In uk.rec.motorcycles, CT <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:

> We're going to be watching 'Iron Man II' tonight. I expect it to be
> shit.

[replying just for darsy]

I think that there can be a time and a place for shit films. If one is
expecting it to be shit, it can be "enjoyable" shit.

The Sentinel, which I was hoping to be a half-decent thriller, was just
shit-shit, though.

I've not seen Iron Man II, so cannot comment.

--
Chris

prawn

Oct 15, 2010, 6:22:54 AM10/15/10
CT <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:
> We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.
>
> It was shit.

You should have watched what was on next instead.

Que la bête meur [1]

[1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064861/
--
Leviticus 11:10

CT

Oct 15, 2010, 6:27:32 AM10/15/10
prawn wrote:

But it's in French! What do you take me for - some kind of
interlekchewell?!

--
Chris

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

steve auvache

Oct 15, 2010, 7:04:06 AM10/15/10

Very nice of you and all that but shouldn't you have directed your
attentions to Darsy? It is, after all, he who needs the desless
stimulation.

Although if it helps any I did see the last 10 minutes of My Gun Has A
Zillion Bullets 48 or something on the telebox a few weeks back.

It was shit.

--

steve auvache

CT

Oct 15, 2010, 7:09:21 AM10/15/10
steve auvache wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2010 10:12:38 GMT, "CT" <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.
> >
> > It was shit.
> >
> > [1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443632/
>
> Very nice of you and all that but shouldn't you have directed your
> attentions to Darsy? It is, after all, he who needs the desless
> stimulation.

Yes, but it was you mentioned the lack of Filkm Klub & GPS threads, and
now you have both!

> Although if it helps any I did see the last 10 minutes of My Gun Has A
> Zillion Bullets 48 or something on the telebox a few weeks back.
>
> It was shit.

Yeah, the first twelve are so much better

--
Chris

steve auvache

Oct 15, 2010, 7:22:01 AM10/15/10
On 15 Oct 2010 11:09:21 GMT, "CT" <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:

>steve auvache wrote:
>
>> On 15 Oct 2010 10:12:38 GMT, "CT" <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.
>> >
>> > It was shit.
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443632/
>>
>> Very nice of you and all that but shouldn't you have directed your
>> attentions to Darsy? It is, after all, he who needs the desless
>> stimulation.
>
>Yes, but it was you mentioned the lack of Filkm Klub & GPS threads, and
>now you have both!

I only fucking mentioned it. I didn't fucking say go out and fucking do
it did I? Fuck me the world would be in a sorry fucking state if
everybody just when out and did everything I happened to mention.

--

steve auvache

Veggie Dave

Oct 15, 2010, 7:10:03 AM10/15/10
prawn <sean....@gmail.com> wrote the following literary masterpiece:

>You should have watched what was on next instead.
>
>Que la b�te meur

I tried watching that and couldn't decide if it was boring or of I was
just too tired to concentrate. Either way, after 40 mins I went to bed.

--
Veggie Dave
http://www.iq18films.co.uk

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim
that Jesus was not born of a virgin." Cardinal Bellarmine

R C Nesbit

Oct 15, 2010, 7:51:47 AM10/15/10
Ct spoke:

> We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.

I caught the last 1/2 hour of Jaws 4 The Revenge last
night.

> It was shit.

Does not begin to describe it!

However it was so bad it *was* entertaining.

--
Rob_P
UKRM(at)indqualtec.co.uk

ogden

Oct 15, 2010, 8:07:35 AM10/15/10
R C Nesbit wrote:
> Ct spoke:
> > We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.
>
> I caught the last 1/2 hour of Jaws 4 The Revenge

It's just "Jaws: The Revenge". Jaws 3D wasn't Jaws 3.

R C Nesbit

Oct 15, 2010, 8:15:51 AM10/15/10
Ogden spoke:

> > I caught the last 1/2 hour of Jaws 4 The Revenge
>
> It's just "Jaws: The Revenge". Jaws 3D wasn't Jaws 3.

"FILM: Jaws 4: The Revenge
On: ITV4 (120)
Date: Thursday 14th October 2010 (Already shown)
Time: 20:10 to 22:00 (1 hour and 50 minutes long)

Fourth in the series of action adventures about a
malevolent great white shark. After her younger son is
killed in the water, the widow of the man who killed the
first Amity great white shark begins to believe her entire
family is targeted by a monster of the deep. She heads for
the Bahamas to warn her other son, a marine biologist,
unaware that she is being followed by a large, hungry shark
intent on revenge.
(Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Including Entertainment
News Update, Audio Described, 1987, 15, 1 Star)

Director: Joseph Sargent
Starring: Lorraine Gary, Lance Guest, Mario Van Peebles,
Michael Caine, Karen Young, Judith Barsi

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide
available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=43083

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited."

HTH

CT

Oct 15, 2010, 8:22:52 AM10/15/10
R C Nesbit wrote:

> Ogden spoke:
> > >
> > > I caught the last 1/2 hour of Jaws 4 The Revenge
> >
> > It's just "Jaws: The Revenge". Jaws 3D wasn't Jaws 3.

> "FILM: Jaws 4: The Revenge
> On: ITV4 (120)
> Date: Thursday 14th October 2010 (Already shown)
> Time: 20:10 to 22:00 (1 hour and 50 minutes long)

Unfortunately for you, that's just ITV being a bit shit[1]:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093300/

[1] non-shocker!
--
Chris

Beav

Oct 15, 2010, 11:51:15 AM10/15/10

"des" <d...@des.com> wrote in message news:g4mlo7-...@yahoo.co.il...

> In uk.rec.motorcycles, CT <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:

> We're going to be watching 'Iron Man II' tonight. I expect it to be shit.

It's as far fetched as shit from China is what it is. It's also not bad.

--
Beav

Beav

Oct 15, 2010, 11:52:05 AM10/15/10

"des" <d...@des.com> wrote in message news:3lnlo7-...@yahoo.co.il...

> In uk.rec.motorcycles, ogden <og...@pre.org> wrote:
>> des wrote:

>>> We're going to be watching 'Iron Man II' tonight. I expect it to be
>>> shit.
>>
>> I can't remember the last time I watched a shit film with anything but
>> ironic motivation.
>>
>> If it looks shit, don't watch it. Simple.
>

> I sometimes like movies where I can sit there sipping a beer and just
> _not_
> think.

Book the tickets Des, it fits the bill perfectly.

--
Beav

Beav

Oct 15, 2010, 11:54:05 AM10/15/10

"steve auvache" <dont...@thecow.me.uk> wrote in message

I missed "Torque" couple of weeks ago. I was gutted. Fucking great film
that.

--
Beav

Simon Wilson

Oct 15, 2010, 4:06:18 PM10/15/10
On 15/10/2010 11:17, ogden wrote:
> des wrote:
>> In uk.rec.motorcycles, CT<m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:
>>> We watched The Sentinel[1] on Film4 the other night.
>>>
>>> It was shit.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443632/
>>
>> We're going to be watching 'Iron Man II' tonight. I expect it to be shit.
>
> I can't remember the last time I watched a shit film with anything but
> ironic motivation.
>
> If it looks shit, don't watch it. Simple.

Unless you're on a 13 hour flight and have already seen *all* of the
other films available.

Sex in the city 2: Shit
The A Team: Shit
Prince of Persia: Shittier than a shitty shit thing

--
/Simon

Message has been deleted

frag

Oct 16, 2010, 1:15:05 PM10/16/10
Simon Wilson pondered for a while, and then said...

> Unless you're on a 13 hour flight and have already seen *all* of the
> other films available.
>
> Sex in the city 2: Shit
> The A Team: Shit
> Prince of Persia: Shittier than a shitty shit thing

But they're all slightly less shit than watching the X Factor or some soap on
the other side(s).

--
frag

MicroPlanet Gravity Newsreader V3.0 http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Beav

Oct 16, 2010, 3:01:48 PM10/16/10

"des" <d...@des.com> wrote in message news:sb9oo7-...@yahoo.co.il...

> It was actually pretty shit. But Scarlett Johanssen looks good in
> leather.

She'd look good in shit.

--
Beav

Message has been deleted

Beav

Oct 18, 2010, 11:16:45 AM10/18/10

"des" <d...@des.com> wrote in message news:fv9po7-...@yahoo.co.il...

> Beav <beavis....@ntlwoxorld.com> wrote:

>>> It was actually pretty shit. But Scarlett Johanssen looks good in
>>> leather.
>>
>> She'd look good in shit.
>

> Agreed. SO was a bit bemused that I wound back the film four times to see
> the close-up of her arse, the first time she walked across the room in
> leather.

A bonnie lass and no mistake.

--
Beav

CT

Oct 18, 2010, 11:44:42 AM10/18/10
des wrote:

> It was actually pretty shit. But Scarlett Johanssen looks good in
> leather.

http://www.blog4iphone.com/wallpapers/upload/DesktopWallpapers/cache/Scarlett-Johansson-in-Iron-Man-2-640x960.jpg

OK - might have to watch it now!

--
Chris

Message has been deleted

Thomas

Oct 18, 2010, 1:30:30 PM10/18/10
On Oct 18, 8:44 am, "CT" <m...@christrollen.co.uk> wrote:
> des wrote:
> > It was actually pretty shit.  But Scarlett Johanssen looks good in
> > leather.
>
> http://www.blog4iphone.com/wallpapers/upload/DesktopWallpapers/cache/...

Is it just me or is the boob on the left twice the size of the one on
the right?

Jim

Oct 19, 2010, 5:37:47 AM10/19/10

It's photoshopped.

CT

Oct 19, 2010, 6:20:04 AM10/19/10
Jim wrote:

<fx:waits for ogden to do his thing>

--
Chris

ogden

Oct 19, 2010, 6:22:21 AM10/19/10

Don't hold your breath.

CT

Oct 19, 2010, 6:31:38 AM10/19/10
ogden wrote:

> CT wrote:
> >
> > <fx:waits for ogden to do his thing>
>
> Don't hold your breath.

Got some work to do today, eh?

--
Chris

ogden

Oct 19, 2010, 6:33:20 AM10/19/10

Always, but since when did that have anything to do with how I spend my
time?