Re: Insurance NCD protection ripoff

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 2:58:44 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 11:25 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> http://www.uswitch.com/blog/2015/06/22/1-in-3-drivers-mistakenly-believe-no-claims-discount-prevents-premiums-rocketing
>

> "In fact, NCD protection insurance only protects the years of no claims
> a driver has built up, which is a discount applied after the insurance
> premium is calculated. Your car insurance premium is calculated using a
> wealth of information including whether you’ve had a crash or any
> convictions, the type of car, your age and location. In the event of a
> crash or other claim, your risk level rises, which means your premium
> goes up. Your no claims discount is applied after this premium is
> calculated, which means if the premium is higher to start with, the
> final price will also rise, even after applying the full discount."

I thought all that was common knowledge. If you drive a Lamborghini,
your premium (with or without NCD protection) will be higher than if you
drive a Fiesta.

People who don't understand basic concepts like that deserve all the
greeking they get from insurance companies.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 3:13:13 PM6/29/15
Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically saying "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have been accident free for 5 years".

--
Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. "Oh Marie," she said to her maid, "I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his secretary."
"I don't believe it for one minute." Marie snapped. "You're just saying that to make me jealous."

John

Jun 29, 2015, 3:20:45 PM6/29/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote

> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing
> after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically saying
> "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have
> been accident free for 5 years".

No, what they're saying is although we'll preserve your NCD we may still put
the basic premium up if you make a claim. If you move to another company
you'll still have to tell them you've had an accident and made a claim.

Sounds fair enough to me.

John.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 3:25:49 PM6/29/15
It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago and have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD means. And 1 in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.

--
America remains the international benchmark for institutionalised stupidity. -- Neil Allen, circa 2014
Message has been deleted

Loose Cannon

Jun 29, 2015, 3:32:26 PM6/29/15
In article <mms4h3$j72$1...@news.mixmin.net>,
NEMO <brianlambsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I thought

You "thought", you shiteating freak? Good one.

Message has been deleted

Mick

Jun 29, 2015, 4:09:50 PM6/29/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
http://www.uswitch.com/blog/2015/06/22/1-in-3-drivers-mistakenly-believe-no-claims-discount-prevents-premiums-rocketing

"In fact, NCD protection insurance only protects the years of no claims a
driver has built up, which is a discount applied after the insurance premium
is calculated. Your car insurance premium is calculated using a wealth of
information including whether you've had a crash or any convictions, the
type of car, your age and location. In the event of a crash or other claim,
your risk level rises, which means your premium goes up. Your no claims
discount is applied after this premium is calculated, which means if the
premium is higher to start with, the final price will also rise, even after
applying the full discount."

the unemployed, skint, low IQ, pikey prick asked the above stupid question
he has not had a shag for years -------- = ---------------- wanker

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 5:09:27 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 12:13 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:58:36 +0100, NEMO
> <brianlambsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/2015 11:25 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> http://www.uswitch.com/blog/2015/06/22/1-in-3-drivers-mistakenly-believe-no-claims-discount-prevents-premiums-rocketing
>>>

>>> "In fact, NCD protection insurance only protects the years of no claims
>>> a driver has built up, which is a discount applied after the insurance
>>> premium is calculated. Your car insurance premium is calculated using a
>>> wealth of information including whether you’ve had a crash or any
>>> convictions, the type of car, your age and location. In the event of a
>>> crash or other claim, your risk level rises, which means your premium
>>> goes up. Your no claims discount is applied after this premium is
>>> calculated, which means if the premium is higher to start with, the
>>> final price will also rise, even after applying the full discount."
>>
>> I thought all that was common knowledge. If you drive a Lamborghini,
>> your premium (with or without NCD protection) will be higher than if you
>> drive a Fiesta.
>>
>> People who don't understand basic concepts like that deserve all the
>> greeking they get from insurance companies.
>
> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing
> after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically
> saying "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You
> have been accident free for 5 years".

Premiums change for all sorts of reasons. How do you know the accident
history is responsible for the increase in premiums?

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 5:11:24 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 12:25 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:20:39 +0100, John <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>

>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote
>>
>>> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing
>>> after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically
>>> saying
>>> "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have
>>> been accident free for 5 years".
>>
>> No, what they're saying is although we'll preserve your NCD we may
>> still put
>> the basic premium up if you make a claim. If you move to another company
>> you'll still have to tell them you've had an accident and made a claim.
>>
>> Sounds fair enough to me.
>
> It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago and
> have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD means. And 1
> in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.

If you had an accident a year ago and you have NCD protection, it
doesn't mean you have been accident free for 5 years. It means your one
accident doesn't count as much as it would with no NCD protection.

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 5:14:08 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 12:32 PM, NOT Loose Cannon but jew raghead sicko yidoid
Jakobsohn forging as Loose Cannon desperately forged:
> In article <mms4h3$j72$1...@news.mixmin.net>,
> NEMO <brianlambsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought
>
> I "thought" too, even though I'm a shiteating jew freak. Good one.

GREAT one, kikey!

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 5:14:48 PM6/29/15
The webpage said that not me. My insurance has nothing to do with it, I haven't had an accident in a long time.

--
The three types of marriage: Polygamy, bigamy, and monotony.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 5:15:51 PM6/29/15
It's totally misleading.

--
My car is a hybrid. It burns petrol AND oil.

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 5:18:16 PM6/29/15
30 Britons dead in Tunisia, and STILL rising... Praise Allah! LOLOK!

Alex Heney

Jun 29, 2015, 5:33:39 PM6/29/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:13:08 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:58:36 +0100, NEMO <brianlambsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/2015 11:25 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> http://www.uswitch.com/blog/2015/06/22/1-in-3-drivers-mistakenly-believe-no-claims-discount-prevents-premiums-rocketing
>>>

>>> "In fact, NCD protection insurance only protects the years of no claims
>>> a driver has built up, which is a discount applied after the insurance
>>> premium is calculated. Your car insurance premium is calculated using a
>>> wealth of information including whether you’ve had a crash or any
>>> convictions, the type of car, your age and location. In the event of a
>>> crash or other claim, your risk level rises, which means your premium
>>> goes up. Your no claims discount is applied after this premium is
>>> calculated, which means if the premium is higher to start with, the
>>> final price will also rise, even after applying the full discount."
>>
>> I thought all that was common knowledge. If you drive a Lamborghini,
>> your premium (with or without NCD protection) will be higher than if you
>> drive a Fiesta.
>>
>> People who don't understand basic concepts like that deserve all the
>> greeking they get from insurance companies.
>
>Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically saying "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have been accident free for 5 years".

Only somebody who *really* doesn't have the slightest clue about
insurance, or about the meaning of NCD could possibly believe that.

NCD is not about whether you have been involved in accidents, it is
about whether you have made claims which they have paid out on.

And protected NCD means you don't lose it even in the event of a
claim.

So having 5 years NCD does not in any way say "You have been accident
free for 5 years". Not even close.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
He who Laughs, Lasts.

Alex Heney

Jun 29, 2015, 5:36:40 PM6/29/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:25:43 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:20:39 +0100, John <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>

>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote
>>
>>> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing
>>> after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically saying
>>> "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have
>>> been accident free for 5 years".
>>
>> No, what they're saying is although we'll preserve your NCD we may still put
>> the basic premium up if you make a claim. If you move to another company
>> you'll still have to tell them you've had an accident and made a claim.
>>
>> Sounds fair enough to me.
>
>It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago and have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD means.

It isn't remotely close to what NCD means.

> And 1 in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.

I do not believe for one millisecond that 1 in 3 drivers believe that
5 years NCD means 5 years without accidents.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
This library isn't safe - I just stumbled on an idea.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 5:53:03 PM6/29/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:33:35 +0100, Alex Heney <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:13:08 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
> wrote:

>>> I thought all that was common knowledge. If you drive a Lamborghini,
>>> your premium (with or without NCD protection) will be higher than if you
>>> drive a Fiesta.
>>>
>>> People who don't understand basic concepts like that deserve all the
>>> greeking they get from insurance companies.
>>
>> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically saying "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have been accident free for 5 years".
>
> Only somebody who *really* doesn't have the slightest clue about
> insurance, or about the meaning of NCD could possibly believe that.

1 in 3 according to the website.

> NCD is not about whether you have been involved in accidents, it is
> about whether you have made claims which they have paid out on.
>
> And protected NCD means you don't lose it even in the event of a
> claim.
>
> So having 5 years NCD does not in any way say "You have been accident
> free for 5 years". Not even close.

A claim makes your premium rise, so protecting your "no claims" suggests it should not rise.

--
"One dies in Istanbul suicide attack"

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 5:54:11 PM6/29/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:36:35 +0100, Alex Heney <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:25:43 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:20:39 +0100, John <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote

>>> No, what they're saying is although we'll preserve your NCD we may still put
>>> the basic premium up if you make a claim. If you move to another company
>>> you'll still have to tell them you've had an accident and made a claim.
>>>
>>> Sounds fair enough to me.
>>
>> It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago and have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD means.
>
> It isn't remotely close to what NCD means.
>
>> And 1 in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.
>
> I do not believe for one millisecond that 1 in 3 drivers believe that
> 5 years NCD means 5 years without accidents.

Then go talk to the writer of the article, not me.

And everyone I've ever talked about car insurance with has said that NCD protection means you don't get a premium rise when you have the odd accident. Most people associate the premium cost as how much NCD you have.

--
You are The One. But not The One. The One who is not The One, but is Another One. But you are that One who is The One who is The Other One who is, in fact, The One. All is lost.
Message has been deleted

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 6:54:17 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 2:18 PM, Jakobsohn forged:
> 6 million dead in 'holocaust'®™, and STILL rising... Praise Allah! LOLOK!

The number goes up every greeking year, kikey! LOLOK!

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 6:55:49 PM6/29/15
You will if you keep driving the way you do. Luckily for you, there's
no other traffic up where you are!

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 6:57:10 PM6/29/15
Or it suggests it should not rise as much.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 6:58:45 PM6/29/15
Unlike most people round here, I indicate, and observe priorities at junctions. Red lights and speed limits, irrelevant.

--
What's red and sits in the corner?
A baby chewing on razor blades.

What's blue and sits in the corner?
A baby in a plastic bag.

What's green and sits in the corner?
The same baby a month later.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 29, 2015, 7:03:23 PM6/29/15
All they ever state is how many accidents you can have before it no longer protects you. They never suggest the premium can rise another way. And 1 in 3 people agree with me.

--
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words. On occasion English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James Nicoll, rasfw

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 9:31:06 PM6/29/15
That's intentional.

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 9:34:30 PM6/29/15
A red light at a junction indicates priorities: you're supposed to wait
until it changes to green.

NEMO

Jun 29, 2015, 9:36:04 PM6/29/15
It remains to be proven that premiums rise after a claim because of that
claim if you have NCB protected.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 2:20:35 PM6/30/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:10:29 +0100, Paul Pot <P...@sibu.hq> wrote:

> Tough Guy no. 1265 formulated the question :
> A very poor troll, even for you.

You'd better talk to uswitch if you disagree with them.

--
HELP WANTED:
Baiters. Local fishing boats need 4 baiters to bate hooks for tourists. Must have strong hands and work hard. Good pay-$15 per hour, and benefits.

Ophelia

Jun 30, 2015, 2:32:45 PM6/30/15

"Paul Pot" <P...@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message news:mmum04$de0$1...@dont-email.me...
He keeps trying though ... very ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Message has been deleted

Paul Pot

Jun 30, 2015, 2:10:32 PM6/30/15
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 3:15:07 PM6/30/15
So because I agree with 1 in 3 people (see website), I'm a troll. You are the most childish fool I've ever known.

--
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed." - U.S. Air Force Pilot training manual
Message has been deleted

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 4:09:34 PM6/30/15
The site says they do. I'm sure they checked first.

--
Two men were talking.
"My son asked me what I did during the Sexual Revolution," said one.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 4:10:00 PM6/30/15
But if there is nobody else there, then nobody has priority over you.

--
O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."
United 239: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 4:10:47 PM6/30/15
Indeed.

--
Mistress: Something between a mister and a mattress.
Message has been deleted

Paul Pot

Jun 30, 2015, 6:13:44 PM6/30/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 was thinking very hard :
I don't disagree with them.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 6:16:34 PM6/30/15
And neither do I, so stop disagreeing with me!

--
"TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."
"Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Alex Heney

Jun 30, 2015, 6:31:14 PM6/30/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:54:04 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:36:35 +0100, Alex Heney <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:25:43 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago and have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD means.
>>
>> It isn't remotely close to what NCD means.
>>
>>> And 1 in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.
>>
>> I do not believe for one millisecond that 1 in 3 drivers believe that
>> 5 years NCD means 5 years without accidents.
>
>Then go talk to the writer of the article, not me.

Why?

the article did not suggest in any way that 1 in 3 drivers believe "5
years NCD means 5 years without accidents."

>And everyone I've ever talked about car insurance with has said that NCD protection means you don't get a premium rise when you have the odd accident. Most people associate the premium cost as how much NCD you have.

That is closer to the truth, although I believe it is much closer to
what the article says than to what you say - namely that 1 in 3 (as
opposed to your "Most") drivers don't realise that premiums will rise
after an accident even if you have protected no claims bonus.

But that just shows how thick many people are.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
...file not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Alex Heney

Jun 30, 2015, 6:33:12 PM6/30/15
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:52:57 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:33:35 +0100, Alex Heney <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:13:08 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically saying "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You have been accident free for 5 years".
>>
>> Only somebody who *really* doesn't have the slightest clue about
>> insurance, or about the meaning of NCD could possibly believe that.
>
>1 in 3 according to the website.

Only "according to the website" for people who can't read.

>> NCD is not about whether you have been involved in accidents, it is
>> about whether you have made claims which they have paid out on.
>>
>> And protected NCD means you don't lose it even in the event of a
>> claim.
>>
>> So having 5 years NCD does not in any way say "You have been accident
>> free for 5 years". Not even close.
>
>A claim makes your premium rise, so protecting your "no claims" suggests it should not rise.

That is what 1 in 3 people believe according to the website.

Which just shows how thick 1 in 3 people are, since it is obvious with
the slightest thought or knowledge of the subject.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If laughter is the best medicine, shouldn't we be regulating it?

Alex Heney

Jun 30, 2015, 6:34:24 PM6/30/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:03:17 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
wrote:

>>> A claim makes your premium rise, so protecting your "no claims" suggests
>>> it should not rise.
>>
>> Or it suggests it should not rise as much.
>
>All they ever state is how many accidents you can have before it no longer protects you. They never suggest the premium can rise another way. And 1 in 3 people agree with me.

Which means that 2/3 of people disagree with you.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 6:37:04 PM6/30/15
They probably just assumed that an insurance company would rip them off in some way or other.

Anyway, if one third of their customers don't know what they're buying, then the insurance companies are ripping them off.

--
There are two sides to every divorce:
Yours and the stupid idiot's.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 6:38:49 PM6/30/15
Most people (and in uk.legal that may be a different proportion) do not read and/or understand legal gobbledegook in an insurance document.

>>> NCD is not about whether you have been involved in accidents, it is
>>> about whether you have made claims which they have paid out on.
>>>
>>> And protected NCD means you don't lose it even in the event of a
>>> claim.
>>>
>>> So having 5 years NCD does not in any way say "You have been accident
>>> free for 5 years". Not even close.
>>
>> A claim makes your premium rise, so protecting your "no claims" suggests it should not rise.
>
> That is what 1 in 3 people believe according to the website.
>
> Which just shows how thick 1 in 3 people are, since it is obvious with
> the slightest thought or knowledge of the subject.

It is fair to assume that if your no claims discount is not affected, that it's as though you did not make a claim. Why would you assume that they work out TWICE your premium based on your claims?

--
Computers are like air conditioners: They stop working when you open Windows.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 6:40:04 PM6/30/15
They believe it means you get the same premium price as if you had no accidents during that period.

>> And everyone I've ever talked about car insurance with has said that NCD protection means you don't get a premium rise when you have the odd accident. Most people associate the premium cost as how much NCD you have.
>
> That is closer to the truth, although I believe it is much closer to
> what the article says than to what you say - namely that 1 in 3 (as
> opposed to your "Most") drivers don't realise that premiums will rise
> after an accident even if you have protected no claims bonus.
>
> But that just shows how thick many people are.

It shows that most of us can't be bothered translating con-artist legal jargon into English.

--
Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because that is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

Brian Reay

Jun 30, 2015, 7:01:33 PM6/30/15
On 29/06/2015 20:13, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:58:36 +0100, NEMO
> <brianlambsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/2015 11:25 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> http://www.uswitch.com/blog/2015/06/22/1-in-3-drivers-mistakenly-believe-no-claims-discount-prevents-premiums-rocketing
>>>

>>> "In fact, NCD protection insurance only protects the years of no claims
>>> a driver has built up, which is a discount applied after the insurance
>>> premium is calculated. Your car insurance premium is calculated using a
>>> wealth of information including whether you’ve had a crash or any
>>> convictions, the type of car, your age and location. In the event of a
>>> crash or other claim, your risk level rises, which means your premium
>>> goes up. Your no claims discount is applied after this premium is
>>> calculated, which means if the premium is higher to start with, the
>>> final price will also rise, even after applying the full discount."
>>
>> I thought all that was common knowledge. If you drive a Lamborghini,
>> your premium (with or without NCD protection) will be higher than if you
>> drive a Fiesta.
>>
>> People who don't understand basic concepts like that deserve all the
>> greeking they get from insurance companies.
>
> Type of car irrelevant, what I'm talking about is your premium changing
> after an accident, even with NCD protection. So they're basically
> saying "You had an accident 1 year ago" and at the same time saying "You
> have been accident free for 5 years".

They are not saying that at all.

At best they are saying 'you had an accident but we won't stop your
discount'.

I've never been in that position but, as I recall the rules, you are
allowed 1 or 2 'fault' accidents before they start decreasing the
discount. Don't forget, it doesn't stop them reassessing your risk
factor and deciding your are a higher risk than they thought before.
Some companies insist on no accident or claims, even no fault ones, for
5 years before they will insure you. Their premiums are attractive however.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jun 30, 2015, 7:08:26 PM6/30/15
The problem is, when someone says to you, "I've got a 6 year no claims discount," you assume they have not had an accident for 6 years (as far as policy price goes). That's what I and everyone I know has always thought. The next time I get insurance over the phone, I'll tell him he's about to rip me off and make him calculate the premium if I had an accident with or without the NCD protection.

--
Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, "I'll man the guns, you drive".
Message has been deleted

NEMO

Jul 1, 2015, 9:06:15 AM7/1/15
It doesn't matter if anybody is there or not. Your priority is to wait
for the light to change to green.

Message has been deleted

Alex Heney

Jul 1, 2015, 5:32:08 PM7/1/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:39:56 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com>
I know.

Which is not in any way the same as saying they believe it means you
have had no accidents.

>>> And everyone I've ever talked about car insurance with has said that NCD protection means you don't get a premium rise when you have the odd accident. Most people associate the premium cost as how much NCD you have.
>>
>> That is closer to the truth, although I believe it is much closer to
>> what the article says than to what you say - namely that 1 in 3 (as
>> opposed to your "Most") drivers don't realise that premiums will rise
>> after an accident even if you have protected no claims bonus.
>>
>> But that just shows how thick many people are.
>
>It shows that most of us can't be bothered translating con-artist legal jargon into English.

No, it shows that 1 in 3 ( which is *way* less than "most") are too
thick to understand the obvious.

There is no need to "translate" any jargon at all for anybody who
thinks about it for a few minutes, or who knows anything at all about
how insurance works, because it is absolutely bloody obvious.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
What do batteries run on?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 2, 2015, 4:07:29 PM7/2/15
Only the first is relevant in the case of car insurance.

>>> That is closer to the truth, although I believe it is much closer to
>>> what the article says than to what you say - namely that 1 in 3 (as
>>> opposed to your "Most") drivers don't realise that premiums will rise
>>> after an accident even if you have protected no claims bonus.
>>>
>>> But that just shows how thick many people are.
>>
>> It shows that most of us can't be bothered translating con-artist legal jargon into English.
>
> No, it shows that 1 in 3 ( which is *way* less than "most") are too
> thick to understand the obvious.

It's a damn big proportion. If a company is making something that 1 in 3 people think is something else, they're not doing it right.

> There is no need to "translate" any jargon at all for anybody who
> thinks about it for a few minutes, or who knows anything at all about
> how insurance works, because it is absolutely bloody obvious.

Why should Joe Public know how insurance works? Most people quite sensibly believe they are paying extra so they can be forgiven for the odd accident. The extra payment then covers those accidents.

--
A group of cowboys were branding some cattle.
While they were out the cook saw a sheep tied to a post. Thinking it was for that nights dinner he cooked it.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 2, 2015, 4:07:29 PM7/2/15
Only the first is relevant in the case of car insurance.

>>> That is closer to the truth, although I believe it is much closer to
>>> what the article says than to what you say - namely that 1 in 3 (as
>>> opposed to your "Most") drivers don't realise that premiums will rise
>>> after an accident even if you have protected no claims bonus.
>>>
>>> But that just shows how thick many people are.
>>
>> It shows that most of us can't be bothered translating con-artist legal jargon into English.
>
> No, it shows that 1 in 3 ( which is *way* less than "most") are too
> thick to understand the obvious.

It's a damn big proportion. If a company is making something that 1 in 3 people think is something else, they're not doing it right.

> There is no need to "translate" any jargon at all for anybody who
> thinks about it for a few minutes, or who knows anything at all about
> how insurance works, because it is absolutely bloody obvious.

Message has been deleted

Paul Pot

Jul 4, 2015, 9:23:08 AM7/4/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 has brought this to us :
You presumed I disagreed with them.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 4, 2015, 9:51:56 AM7/4/15
You disagreed with me when I was agreeing with them.

--
A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"

NEMO

Jul 4, 2015, 10:01:55 AM7/4/15
I agree.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 4, 2015, 8:15:52 PM7/4/15
Priority requires two things, one having more of it than the other. If there is only one thing, it can do what it likes. Nothing else is there to be affected.

--
All this "expressionism" in art, personally I think things ought to look like things. To me it's fairly easy to
tell what the artists are trying to say with their smears and swirls -- they're trying to say they can't paint worth a damn.

NEMO

Jul 4, 2015, 9:26:54 PM7/4/15
The red light has priority over you...it really is that simple.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 5, 2015, 3:38:55 PM7/5/15
You don't understand the word priority.

--
Remember when you were kid and you used to blow bubbles?
Well, I saw him the other day and he says hello.

Paul Pot

Jul 6, 2015, 2:39:50 PM7/6/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 used his keyboard to write :
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:11:16 +0100, NEMO
> <brianlambsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/2015 12:25 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

>>> It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago
>>> and
>>> have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD means.
>>> And 1
>>> in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.
>>
>> If you had an accident a year ago and you have NCD protection, it
>> doesn't mean you have been accident free for 5 years. It means
>> your one
>> accident doesn't count as much as it would with no NCD protection.
>
> It's totally misleading.

You've had an accident and your premium will rise accordingly but your
protected NCD entitles you a large discount on that premium.

I mean who hard could it be for someone who claims an IQ of 160?

FAF!1

Paul Pot

Jul 6, 2015, 2:42:55 PM7/6/15
It happens that Tough Guy no. 1265 formulated :
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:36:35 +0100, Alex Heney <m...@privacy.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:25:43 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265"
>> <n...@spam.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It stinks of ripoff. How can you have had an accident 1 year ago
>>> and have also been accident free for 5 years? That's what NCD
>>> means.
>>
>> It isn't remotely close to what NCD means.
>>
>>> And 1 in 3 drivers and the report agree with me.
>>
>> I do not believe for one millisecond that 1 in 3 drivers believe
>> that
>> 5 years NCD means 5 years without accidents.
>
> Then go talk to the writer of the article, not me.
>
> And everyone I've ever talked about car insurance with has said that
> NCD protection means you don't get a premium rise when you have the
> odd accident. Most people associate the premium cost as how much NCD
> you have.

Utter bollocks!

FAF!11

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 6, 2015, 2:44:28 PM7/6/15
135 actually. And it's not hard for me to work out that all insurance companies are scam artists. I only have the minimum insurances required by traffic law and my mortgage company.

--
An optimist thinks this is the best possible world.
A pessimist fears this is true.

Paul Pot

Jul 6, 2015, 2:46:32 PM7/6/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 laid this down on his screen :
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:39:45 +0100, Paul Pot <P...@sibu.hq> wrote:
>
>> Tough Guy no. 1265 used his keyboard to write :

You must be on here 24/7. Don't you get out of the cage musch these
days?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 6, 2015, 2:50:38 PM7/6/15
Tisn't.

--
If you jog in a jogging suit, lounge in lounging pajamas, and smoke in a smoking jacket, why would anyone want to wear a windbreaker?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 6, 2015, 2:50:59 PM7/6/15
I work from home. You're distracting me from paperwork, stoppit.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jul 6, 2015, 2:55:33 PM7/6/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
Oh!
You told me and another person it was 140. You were adamant about this.
What happened Peter?
Did you forget your lie and get all mixed up?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jul 6, 2015, 2:57:03 PM7/6/15

"Paul Pot" <P...@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message news:mneibi$m8d$1...@dont-email.me...
On the old king cole .............. and always will be.

Paul Pot

Jul 6, 2015, 2:57:11 PM7/6/15
on 7/6/2015, Tough Guy no. 1265 supposed :
Oh yeah, I forgot you were Scotland's best Bettaware salesman.

FAF!1

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 6, 2015, 3:32:39 PM7/6/15
I told them to get lost actually.

--
In a recent survey 40% found they didn't have time to answer the
question, 25% hung up the phone when the question was being

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 6, 2015, 3:32:39 PM7/6/15

Paul Pot

Jul 6, 2015, 3:38:02 PM7/6/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 formulated the question :
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:57:06 +0100, Paul Pot <P...@sibu.hq> wrote:
>
>> on 7/6/2015, Tough Guy no. 1265 supposed :

>>> I work from home. You're distracting me from paperwork, stoppit.
>>
>> Oh yeah, I forgot you were Scotland's best Bettaware salesman.
>>
>> FAF!1
>
> I told them to get lost actually.

You're not still Bitcoin mining are you?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Jul 6, 2015, 3:53:15 PM7/6/15
No.

--
What if there is air in space, and the government doesn't want us to escape?
Message has been deleted