Re: Elderly lady in her 70s who tripped up a cyclist while walking a friend's dog

Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein

Nov 27, 2015, 5:46:03 AM11/27/15
Richard McKenzie <richardm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yet it is acceptable for cyclists to speed past at 20mph.

Yes.

Happy to have cleared things up for you.

Y.
--
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein
'Smile first thing in the morning. Get it over with'

Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein

Nov 27, 2015, 5:46:03 AM11/27/15
Richard McKenzie <richardm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> My brother had a knife pull on him by a cyclist. It was a yob on a
> mountain bike.

I've had a knife pulled on me by a car driver.

Y.
--
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein
'Peace for us means the destruction of Israel. We are

True Blue

Nov 27, 2015, 6:31:40 AM11/27/15

"Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein" <yit...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Richard McKenzie <richardm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> My brother had a knife pull on him by a cyclist. It was a yob on a
>> mountain bike.
>
> I've had a knife pulled on me by a car driver.

What makes you think this had anything to do with you being on a bicycle?

Bod

Nov 27, 2015, 6:32:30 AM11/27/15
He was riding a bicycle.

--
Bod

---

Judith

Nov 27, 2015, 9:19:45 AM11/27/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 02:40:41 -0800 (PST), Richard McKenzie
<richardm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Yet it is acceptable for cyclists to speed past at 20mph.

On a shared use footpath?

I think not.

That is exactly the sort of action which is making more and more people despise
such cyclists.

Judith

Nov 27, 2015, 9:22:07 AM11/27/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:05:44 -0000, "John" <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>"Richard McKenzie" wrote
>
>> Regularly when I walk the dog cyclist whizz up behind
>> with no bell ringing or indication that they are approaching.
>
>That happens all the time round here, usually oin footpaths.
>
>> If the pseudo- Lance Armstong wannabes slowed down and indicated
>> their presence that would allow dog owners to retrieve
>> their dogs.
>
>Agreed.
>
>> I would like to see a bike licence and test.
>
>I'm not sure about that, but I would like to see compulsory Third Paty
>insurance for cyclists.

I have heard that many people have fridge-freezer insurance which covers their
cycling accidents.

>We used to have the voluntary Cycling Proficiency Test, but that was
>scrapped by one of our past governments to save money.

Perhaps it could return and be compulsory for those over a certain age.

Judith

Nov 27, 2015, 9:26:51 AM11/27/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 02:53:57 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason <swld...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Friday, 27 November 2015 10:46:04 UTC, Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein wrote:
>> Richard McKenzie <richardm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > My brother had a knife pull on him by a cyclist. It was a yob on a
>> > mountain bike.
>>
>> I've had a knife pulled on me by a car driver.
>
>I've had a car pulled on me by a car driver.
>
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3189465/Dashcam-footage-rumbles-wicked-dangerous-cash-crash-scam.html

Have you moved up market, got rid of your old banger, and bought a Vauxhall
Corsa then?

Judith

Nov 27, 2015, 9:27:43 AM11/27/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:32:30 +0000, Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 27/11/2015 11:31, True Blue wrote:
>> "Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein" <yit...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

>>> I've had a knife pulled on me by a car driver.
>>
>> What makes you think this had anything to do with you being on a bicycle?
>>

>He was riding a bicycle.

Irrelevant: I bet they just recognised him.

Bod

Nov 27, 2015, 10:17:23 AM11/27/15
By his fitness?

John Smith

Nov 27, 2015, 10:20:03 AM11/27/15
Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 27/11/2015 14:27, Judith wrote:

>>> He was riding a bicycle.

>> Irrelevant: I bet they just recognised him.

> By his fitness?

/| /| | |
||__|| | Please don't |
/ O O\__ feed |
/ \ the trolls |
/ \ \ |
/ _ \ \ ----------------------
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 12:27:38 PM11/27/15
On 27/11/2015 15:17, Bod wrote:
> On 27/11/2015 14:27, Judith wrote:

>>> He was riding a bicycle.
>>

>> Irrelevant: I bet they just recognised him.
>>
> By his fitness?

More likely by him looking like a bell end.

Bod

Nov 27, 2015, 12:33:55 PM11/27/15
Lol.

Peter Keller

Nov 28, 2015, 5:01:07 AM11/28/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 17:27:28 +0000, Cycle-Ops wrote:

> looking like a bell end.

I love looking like a bell end. Just for you.