Re: Illegal to block a speed camera van?

Mr Macaw

May 1, 2016, 3:53:50 PM5/1/16
On Sun, 01 May 2016 20:49:02 +0100, Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein <yit...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> R. Mark Clayton <notya...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, in supermarkets here, we often see scameras hidden behind mirrors,
>>> to catch shoplifters. How sneaky of the shop owners, eh? They should
>>> make their scameras obvious, so that shoplifters know where it's safe
>>> for them to slip some stuff into an inside jacket pocket.
>>>
>>> Fair play and all that, eh?
>
>> You seem unable to distinguish an absolute crime with a victim (theft)
>> and a victimless crime of degree (speeding).
>
> Ah, I _see_.
>
> So, basically, an offence that _you_ commit is 'victimless', whereas those
> of which don't approve ... well, aren't.
>
> Thanks for clearing that up.

No, it's simply whether there's a victim or not. If you speed and don't crash, no victim. If you drive at the speed limit and kill someone, there's a victim. Spot the difference?

>> Nobody supports dangerous driving, but pointless strict enforcement of
>> arbitrarily and unrealistically low speed limits in places (as above)
>> where there are virtually no accidents (I've checked before you ask)
>> strikes most people as just a get rich quick scheme for the local
>> 'partnership', with little if any benefit for road safety.
>
> I don't give a shit about the above self-entitled bluster.
>
> Speeding is against the law. If you're not happy with that, petition your
> MP to have the law changed.
>
> Meanwhile, whining about those nasty, sneaky people putting cameras where
> you can't see them, so you can't speed with impunity, just makes you sound
> like a hypocrite.
>
> Or, to use another word: a car driver.

No, someone with more sense than the morons in power. People who follows laws blindly, just because they are laws, don't have two brain cells to rub together.

--
Amanpreet was overheard at the hospital angrily say, "My wife just delivered twins!!!"
A passerby said, "So? You should be happy about that. Why are you so angry?"