Vehicle Tax

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2017, 1:54:59 PM4/16/17

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
There was no mention of Road Tax.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Apr 16, 2017, 1:58:49 PM4/16/17
Prick.

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 16, 2017, 2:01:18 PM4/16/17
Would you like to write that in English?

--
After three years of marriage, Kim was still questioning her husband about his lurid past.
"C'mon, tell me," she asked for the thousandth time, "How many women have you slept with?"

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2017, 2:07:25 PM4/16/17
On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100, <fredal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
> > Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
> > There was no mention of Road Tax.
>
> Would you like to write that in English?

Which part of my english post did you not understand?

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2017, 2:09:21 PM4/16/17
You seem obsessed with Prick, has Silly Billy left you for another child?

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 16, 2017, 2:11:12 PM4/16/17
1) "fourth power of axle loading"

2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.

3) Some bollocks about "road tax".

--
Q: If you have a mothball in one hand and another mothball in the other hand, what would you have?
A: The undivided attention of a very large moth!

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2017, 2:16:56 PM4/16/17

http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=1586

> 2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.

When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.

> 3) Some bollocks about "road tax".

Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 16, 2017, 3:27:17 PM4/16/17
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:16:55 +0100, <fredal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:11:12 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

>> > Which part of my english post did you not understand?
>>
>> 1) "fourth power of axle loading"
>
> http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=1586

I'm not reading all that. Try answering my question.

>> 2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.
>
> When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.

But you're paying for your car with the road tax.

>> 3) Some bollocks about "road tax".
>
> Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.

I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.

--
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Apr 16, 2017, 4:35:18 PM4/16/17
Is that is the best that you can do?
If so, you have just confirmed yet again that cyclists are not very bright.
Then again, everybody knows this.

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2017, 12:23:50 AM4/17/17
On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 8:27:17 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:16:55 +0100, <fredal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> 1) "fourth power of axle loading"
> >
> > http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=1586
>
> I'm not reading all that.

It is your choice to remain ignorant.

> Try answering my question.

What question?

> >> 2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.
> >
> > When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.
>
> But you're paying for your car with the road tax.

No, Vehicle Tax.

> >> 3) Some bollocks about "road tax".
> >
> > Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.
>
> I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.

Again, Vehicle Tax not road tax.

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2017, 12:27:27 AM4/17/17
On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:35:18 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> fredal...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 6:58:49 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Prick.
> >
> > You seem obsessed with Prick, has Silly Billy left you for another
> > child?
>
> Is that is the best that you can do?

I was not aware I was being judged.
I assumed Prick was your latest fluffy toy.

> If so, you have just confirmed yet again that cyclists are not very bright.
> Then again, everybody knows this.

What metric do you use to determine a persons Brightness?

Peter Keller

Apr 17, 2017, 5:20:57 AM4/17/17
On 17.04.2017 08:35, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> fredal...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 6:58:49 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Prick.
>>
>> You seem obsessed with Prick, has Silly Billy left you for another
>> child?
>
> Is that is the best that you can do?
> If so, you have just confirmed yet again that cyclists are not very bright.
> Then again, everybody knows this.

Look you cunt, I will fucking well continue to ride my bicycle, a very
convenient economical delightful viable means of transport for many things.
You are a fucking prick.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a prick by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no fucking interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a fucking bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
fuckwitted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

JNugent

Apr 17, 2017, 9:29:56 AM4/17/17
1. Whatever name(s) you dare not give the tax, what are the (exact)
circumstances in which it must be paid?

2. And in what exact circumstances is the tax not due (even at the
ill-advised nil rate, fated soon to disappear)?

I'll answer the second question for you: the tax is not due (not even at
the stupid nil rate) in respect of any motor vehicle which is not kept
or used on a highway (colloquially known as the road or the roads) and
in respect of which that fact has been officially declared to the DVLA
(in other words, vehicles which are not in use - for whatever reason, on
the road).

Now I'll let you answer the first question.

Don't chicken out...

---
http://www.avg.com

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 17, 2017, 11:11:58 AM4/17/17
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 05:23:48 +0100, <fredal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 8:27:17 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

>> > http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=1586
>>
>> I'm not reading all that.
>
> It is your choice to remain ignorant.

Why don't you just write the answer instead of giving me a huge document to read through for half an hour?

>> Try answering my question.
>
> What question?

What does "fourth power of axle loading" mean?

>> > When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.
>>
>> But you're paying for your car with the road tax.
>
> No, Vehicle Tax.

Don't be so fucking stupid, most people call it road tax, just like most people call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover. Get used to it.

And if you want to be pedantic, it's "Vehicle Excise Duty", not tax. So you're still wrong.

>> > Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.
>>
>> I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.
>
> Again, Vehicle Tax not road tax.

Again, you're a moron.

--
Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Paul Cummins

Apr 17, 2017, 11:13:46 AM4/17/17
In article <eljuai...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> I'll answer the second question for you: the tax is not due (not
> even at the stupid nil rate) in respect of any motor vehicle which
> is not kept or used on a highway (colloquially known as the road or
> the roads)

So it's a fuel-driven-Motor Vehicle Tax, not a Road Tax.

After all, vehicles without oil-based fuel-driven-motors[1] do not have
to pay it to use the roads, so it can't be Road tax.

[1] including Carts, Stagecoaches, hackneys, surrey's, drays, Traction
Engines powered by steam, electric bicycles and tricycles, etc...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 17, 2017, 11:14:51 AM4/17/17
Since he thinks it's vehicle tax, why doesn't he pay it for his bicycle? Psycholists seem to think their bikes are vehicles....

> 2. And in what exact circumstances is the tax not due (even at the
> ill-advised nil rate, fated soon to disappear)?

It's not soon to disappear. They're putting the tax for big 4x4s up to £2000 for the first year (although not subsequent years, which makes no sense at all), but they're not removing the nil band for electric cars.

> I'll answer the second question for you: the tax is not due (not even at
> the stupid nil rate) in respect of any motor vehicle which is not kept
> or used on a highway (colloquially known as the road or the roads) and
> in respect of which that fact has been officially declared to the DVLA
> (in other words, vehicles which are not in use - for whatever reason, on
> the road).

They should get rid of the road tax completely, and just put it all on the petrol. That way the more you use the car, the more you wear out the roads, the more you pay. Also bigger heavier cars creating more pollution automatically pay more as they use more fuel.

> Now I'll let you answer the first question.
>
> Don't chicken out...

He will evade as he always does.

--
President Bush is rehearsing his speech for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.
He begins with "Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!"

JNugent

Apr 17, 2017, 12:22:30 PM4/17/17
On 17/04/2017 16:13, Paul Cummins wrote:

> (JNugent) wrote:

>> I'll answer the second question for you: the tax is not due (not
>> even at the stupid nil rate) in respect of any motor vehicle which
>> is not kept or used on a highway (colloquially known as the road or
>> the roads)

> So it's a fuel-driven-Motor Vehicle Tax,

That bit is true.

> not a Road Tax.

Well, that's what we're trying to establish. Your unsupported assertion
does not make it so.

Your falty definition fails to comply with or address with one of the
central parts of the question - doesn't it?

And we all know why that is.

But if "The Tax" is not due (and it isn't) in respect of any motor
vehicle which is NOT kept or used on a highway (colloquially known as
the road or the roads), in what circumstances does it become due in
respect of a motor vehicle?

Have a little think about that and see whether you can think of yet
another pointless wriggle which takes you nowhere.

> After all, vehicles without oil-based fuel-driven-motors[1] do not have
> to pay it to use the roads, so it can't be Road tax.

> [1] including Carts, Stagecoaches, hackneys, surrey's, drays, Traction
> Engines powered by steam, electric bicycles and tricycles, etc...

What is a "hackney", out of interest?

A horse or a motor vehicle?

Paul Cummins

Apr 17, 2017, 3:44:41 PM4/17/17
In article <elk8e3...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> But if "The Tax" is not due (and it isn't) in respect of any motor
> vehicle which is NOT kept or used on a highway (colloquially known
> as the road or the roads), in what circumstances does it become due
> in respect of a motor vehicle?

But, by the same proves, if it's NOT due for vehicles which are used on
the roads, even though such vehicles do have to pay tolls etc, then it
can;t be a "Road" tax, and must be some other form of tax.

This is especially true if it isn't used to pay for roads.

I have no need to wriggle, these are facts, which you seem to be ignoring
as they don;t fit your faulty hypothesis.

As the tax only applies to certain *vehicles*, used in a specified way,
and not others used in the same way, it cannot be a Road Tax, but must be
a VEHICLE tax.

> What is a "hackney", out of interest?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hackney+Coach

JNugent

Apr 17, 2017, 8:26:49 PM4/17/17
On 17/04/2017 20:44, Paul Cummins wrote:

>> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>> But if "The Tax" is not due (and it isn't) in respect of any motor
>> vehicle which is NOT kept or used on a highway (colloquially known
>> as the road or the roads), in what circumstances does it become due
>> in respect of a motor vehicle?
>
> But, by the same proves, if it's NOT due for vehicles which are used on
> the roads, even though such vehicles do have to pay tolls etc, then it
> can;t be a "Road" tax, and must be some other form of tax.

What are you on?

I'd cut down on it if I were you.

How on Earth can the owner or driver of a vehicle be liable to pay tolls
if it never goes on a road?

> This is especially true if it isn't used to pay for roads.

> I have no need to wriggle, these are facts, which you seem to be ignoring
> as they don;t fit your faulty hypothesis.

Your "tolls" point was the biggest wriggle seen round these parts for
some time.

> As the tax only applies to certain *vehicles*, used in a specified way,

What IS that "specified way"?

Be clear. Be honest.

I ask that with no real hope that you will attepmpt to be either.

> and not others used in the same way, it cannot be a Road Tax, but must be
> a VEHICLE tax.

A vehicle tax would be levied on a vehicle irrespective of whether it
was used on the roads.

>> What is a "hackney", out of interest?

> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hackney+Coach

That's not a hackney. That's a Hackney Coach.

A hackney is (or rather, was) a horse.

Here's the actual Google return for the term you used, which was "hackney":

<https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB726GB726&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hackney>

The return on that page marked "hackney - meaning" takes you to:

<https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB726GB726&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hackney+meaning>

Paul Cummins

Apr 18, 2017, 7:36:15 AM4/18/17
In article <ell4q7...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> > As the tax only applies to certain *vehicles*, used in a
> specified way,
>
> What IS that "specified way"?
>
> Be clear. Be honest.

In a manner which makes them liable for Vehicle Excise Duty.

Now lets deal with all the vehicles which don't have a liability, that
you can freely use on the roads. What "Road Tax" do they pay?

After all, over 200 millions cars can (currently) use our roads without
having to pay even a zero-rated "road tax", and that's not counting all
of the lorries, motorbikes etc.

JNugent

Apr 18, 2017, 11:12:08 AM4/18/17
On 18/04/2017 12:36, Paul Cummins wrote:

> (JNugent) wrote:

>>> As the tax only applies to certain *vehicles*, used in a
>> specified way,

>> What IS that "specified way"?
>> Be clear. Be honest.

> In a manner which makes them liable for Vehicle Excise Duty.

And what, precisely, *is* that manner of use which makes them liable for
The Tax?

What use has to be made of a motor vehicle to make its user/owner liable
to pay The Tax and where does the use have to take place?

Go answer the question - don't chicken out.

[Did you play the spoon salesman in Fawlty Towers, by the way? Oh no...
that was Bernard Cribbins. Why are you channelling him in that character?]

> Now lets deal with all the vehicles which don't have a liability, that
> you can freely use on the roads. What "Road Tax" do they pay?

No. We'll deal with those motor vehicles in respect of which The Tax IS
due in some circumstances and NOT due in other circumstances.

We need to establish what those circumstances are and what the
differences between them are.

Stop being evasive. It doesn't make you look clever.

Paul Cummins

Apr 18, 2017, 4:47:46 PM4/18/17
In article <elmom7...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> Stop being evasive. It doesn't make you look clever.

So explain to me why there are many many vehicles that can use the road
but don't pay your so-called road tax?

JNugent

Apr 18, 2017, 8:48:27 PM4/18/17
On 18/04/2017 21:47, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <elmom7...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:

>> Stop being evasive. It doesn't make you look clever.

> So explain to me why there are many many vehicles that can use the road
> but don't pay your so-called road tax?

First, answer the question about the exact circumstances in which The
Tax has to be paid, when it has to be paid, that is.

Then maybe the discussion can be widened so as to encompass the
not-so-relevant circumstances where it does not have to be paid.

So... in what circumstances, does this tax have to be paid?

Whu so nervous? Does truth always frighten you?

JNugent

Apr 21, 2017, 10:16:03 AM4/21/17
If you don't need to pay tax to use your car on the road, why did you
pay it?

JNugent

Apr 21, 2017, 10:17:02 AM4/21/17
He didn't say that.

He said that what you wrote about Road Tax was bollocks.

Do keep up.

JNugent

Apr 21, 2017, 10:18:50 AM4/21/17
If you have a vehicle (presumably, since the discussion is about your
car, a motor vehicle), do you have to pay your "Vehicle Tax" on it even
if it is never used on a road?

Yes / No [delete as appropriate]

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 21, 2017, 10:25:37 AM4/21/17
I find that rule unfair on people who don't have a drive. I can keep my car SORNed on my drive, but others cannot. You should only need tax to DRIVE the car.

--
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Paul Cummins

Apr 21, 2017, 11:04:57 AM4/21/17
In article <elnqep...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> First, answer the question about the exact circumstances in which
> The Tax has to be paid, when it has to be paid, that is.

I have already done so clearly. The fact you either refuse to read it or
cannot understand it is not my concern.

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2017, 12:07:58 PM4/21/17
Have you stopped beating your wife?

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2017, 12:19:06 PM4/21/17
Why should anyone be able to annexe the public road adjacent to their property for their own use free of charge?

Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.

JNugent

Apr 21, 2017, 12:19:40 PM4/21/17
On 21/04/2017 16:04, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <elnqep...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>> First, answer the question about the exact circumstances in which
>> The Tax has to be paid, when it has to be paid, that is.
>
> I have already done so clearly. The fact you either refuse to read it or
> cannot understand it is not my concern.

Your refusal to answer the plain question(s) you were asked would be
disappointing were it not for the fact that everyone knew you wouldn't
answer.

JNugent

Apr 21, 2017, 12:22:44 PM4/21/17
The possible range of answers to that do not impinge upon the two
answers which are the only possible responses to:

If you have a vehicle (presumably, since the discussion is about your
car, a motor vehicle), do you have to pay your "Vehicle Tax" on it even
if it is never used on a road?

What stops you (and to be fair, others) from answering that very
straightforward question?

After all, we need to be clear as to whether "The Tax" is a vehicle tax
or a tax only payable when a vehicle is used on the roads, don't we?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Apr 21, 2017, 12:54:41 PM4/21/17
That I do agree with. Had to happen sometime and is nothing to do with my
disdain of Phucker.

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 21, 2017, 4:23:54 PM4/21/17
Your explanation, although very straightforward to 99.9% of us, will fly straight over the psycholist's head.

--
The biggest difference between sex for money and sex for love is that sex for money usually costs a LOT less.

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 21, 2017, 4:26:10 PM4/21/17
Because it's their property. They own the road, the council just maintains it.

And the road tax is to pay for wear and tear on the road, a parked car does not cause any wear at all.

Anyway, council tax pays for local roads which is where they would be parked.

> Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.

Since cars are the main user of the road, primary road users would be cars. Why do psycholists make up stupid phrases like this?

--
This exchange was overheard between the separated sections of the jail.
A male voice yells over to the female side: "I got 12 inches over here you would love to have."

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2017, 6:21:19 PM4/21/17
Some people own property up the centre of the highway, most don't.

> And the road tax is to pay for wear and tear on the road, a parked car does not cause any wear at all.

So you agree with the 4th power of axle loading rule.

> Anyway, council tax pays for local roads which is where they would be parked.

So you agree cyclists pay for the road space they use.

> > Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.
>
> Since cars are the main user of the road, primary road users would be cars. Why do psycholists make up stupid phrases like this?

No, people are the main users of roads.
Pedestrians, equestrians and cyclists use roads by right. Motorists need permission.

James Wilkinson Sword

Apr 21, 2017, 6:56:03 PM4/21/17
AFAIK it's most.

>> And the road tax is to pay for wear and tear on the road, a parked car does not cause any wear at all.
>
> So you agree with the 4th power of axle loading rule.

If you tell me what it is, I'll tell you if I agree with it.

>> Anyway, council tax pays for local roads which is where they would be parked.
>
> So you agree cyclists pay for the road space they use.

No, they pay for the cycle paths which cost millions.

>> > Parking temporarily on the road not obstructing primary road users and emergency vehicles is one thing, thinking the public road next to your property is exclusively yours is another.
>>
>> Since cars are the main user of the road, primary road users would be cars. Why do psycholists make up stupid phrases like this?
>
> No, people are the main users of roads.

Your childish pedantry is tiresome. Grow up and I might bother replying to you some more.

> Pedestrians, equestrians and cyclists use roads by right. Motorists need permission.

So what? That doesn't make anyone a "primary road user", whatever that's supposed to mean. Try to speak common English instead of making up your own phrases, then we could have a sensible discussion.

--
No-one scares me more than someone who is blindly "law-abiding".
I'd rather we all asked our consciences before the law.

Paul Cummins

Apr 21, 2017, 7:51:07 PM4/21/17
In article <elupop...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> > I have already done so clearly. The fact you either refuse to
> read it or
> > cannot understand it is not my concern.
>
> Your refusal to answer the plain question(s) you were asked would
> be disappointing were it not for the fact that everyone knew you
> wouldn't answer.

I have given a complete and accurate answer to your question.

Vehicle Excise Duty becomes payable when a dutiable vehicle is used in an
excisable way.

Why are there so many vehicles which are not dutiable?

JNugent

Apr 21, 2017, 8:15:33 PM4/21/17
On 22/04/2017 00:51, Paul Cummins wrote:7
> In article <elupop...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>>> I have already done so clearly. The fact you either refuse to
>> read it or cannot understand it is not my concern.
>>
>> Your refusal to answer the plain question(s) you were asked would
>> be disappointing were it not for the fact that everyone knew you
>> wouldn't answer.
>
> I have given a complete and accurate answer to your question.

What porkie pies you tell.

> Vehicle Excise Duty becomes payable when a dutiable vehicle is used in an
> excisable way.

And what is that "excisable way"?

> Why are there so many vehicles which are not dutiable?

Not an issue.

We are talking about vehicles in respect of hich the Tax has to be paid
in certain circumstances (and only in those certain circumstances), but
you will not admit what those circumstances (your weasel phrase is "in
an excisable way").

What are you so frightened of?

Kerr Mudd-John

Apr 22, 2017, 6:05:59 AM4/22/17
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 23:21:18 +0100, <fredal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 9:26:10 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
> wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 17:19:04 +0100, <fredal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> wrote:

It's like arguing with a demented frog. Give it up. The definition of VED
is very clear.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

TMS320

Apr 22, 2017, 7:35:08 AM4/22/17
On 22/04/17 11:06, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:

> It's like arguing with a demented frog. Give it up. The definition of
> VED is very clear.

It would be much easier arguing with a demented frog.

I wonder whether VED deniers would argue that Alcohol Duty and National
Insurance are something other than what they are.

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of road
rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes. It would be interesting to know how much is
virgin money.

Paul Cummins

Apr 22, 2017, 10:13:01 AM4/22/17
In article <elvll2...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> > Vehicle Excise Duty becomes payable when a dutiable vehicle is
> > used in an excisable way.
>
> And what is that "excisable way"?

Ignorance of the law is no defence, so why don't you do soem research
about that yourself.

No, don't bother, I already know the answer.

JNugent

Apr 22, 2017, 10:27:55 AM4/22/17
So you too cannot admit that Road Tax is only payable in respect of a
motor vehicle used on the roads and that it is not due in respect of a
vehicle not used on the roads.

What a surprise.

MrCheerful

Apr 22, 2017, 11:13:32 AM4/22/17
On 22/04/2017 15:13, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <elvll2...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>>> Vehicle Excise Duty becomes payable when a dutiable vehicle is
>>> used in an excisable way.
>>
>> And what is that "excisable way"?
>
> Ignorance of the law is no defence, so why don't you do soem research
> about that yourself.
>
> No, don't bother, I already know the answer.

most pathetic answer so far, keep going.

Rob Morley

Apr 22, 2017, 11:27:21 AM4/22/17
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:35:00 +0100
TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of
> road rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
> recycling other taxes.

All the money from general taxation goes into the same pot, that
includes fuel duty, vehicle duty, VAT, income tax ...

JNugent

Apr 22, 2017, 11:45:30 AM4/22/17
I have the long-term use (free of charge other than fuel and servicing
costs) of a car which does not belong to me.

I also have a car of my own, which is kept on private land and rarely
used. I really ought to sell it. But it is nevertheless insured and taxed.

But if I were to simply declare it off-road (which is true), and
complete the appropriate Statutory Off Road Notification, would I have
to pay "vehicle duty" on that car of mine which is not in use and which
is on private land?

Paul Cummins

Apr 22, 2017, 3:58:31 PM4/22/17
In article <em17ja...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> So you too cannot admit that Road Tax is only payable in respect of
> a motor vehicle used on the roads and that it is not due in respect
> of a vehicle not used on the roads.

Can you show me this "Road Tax" in legislation please?

TMS320

Apr 22, 2017, 6:52:56 PM4/22/17
Indeed, but my point is that a large amount of money going through the
DVLA door has been taken from people receiving benefits out of general
taxation or from people that can reduce tax on profits. When it is
variously claimed that "motorists pay £xxx" it is not the true figure.

JNugent

Apr 22, 2017, 7:21:19 PM4/22/17
On 22/04/2017 20:58, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <em17ja...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>> So you too cannot admit that Road Tax is only payable in respect of
>> a motor vehicle used on the roads and that it is not due in respect
>> of a vehicle not used on the roads.
>
> Can you show me this "Road Tax" in legislation please?

I'm the one asking the questions.

You are the one failing to answer them.

Your turn comes when I've had an answer to mine.

JNugent

Apr 22, 2017, 7:22:00 PM4/22/17
"£xxx" is definitely not the true figure.

It's a lot more than that.

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2017, 7:55:23 PM4/22/17
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 8:58:31 PM UTC+1, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <em17ja...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
> > So you too cannot admit that Road Tax is only payable in respect of
> > a motor vehicle used on the roads and that it is not due in respect
> > of a vehicle not used on the roads.
>
> Can you show me this "Road Tax" in legislation please?

I am not sure why we are arguing about this.
Even Autohoilcs Anonymous and The Association of Bad Drivers admit that VED only pays for 60% of motorway maintenance costs.
Motorists are sponging freeloaders.

Paul Cummins

Apr 23, 2017, 5:56:26 AM4/23/17
In article <em26rd...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> > Can you show me this "Road Tax" in legislation please?
>
> I'm the one asking the questions.

Are you?

> You are the one failing to answer them.

I've answered you clearly and succinctly on each occasion, you have
failed to either read or comprehend the answers, because they don;t suit
your agenda.

> Your turn comes when I've had an answer to mine.

That's not how discussion works.

So again, please show me where this "Road Tax" is in legislation.

JNugent

Apr 23, 2017, 12:45:31 PM4/23/17
On 23/04/2017 10:56, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <em26rd...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>>> Can you show me this "Road Tax" in legislation please?
>>
>> I'm the one asking the questions.
>
> Are you?
>
>> You are the one failing to answer them.
>
> I've answered you clearly and succinctly on each occasion, you have
> failed to either read or comprehend the answers, because they don;t suit
> your agenda.
>
>> Your turn comes when I've had an answer to mine.
>
> That's not how discussion works.
>
> So again, please show me where this "Road Tax" is in legislation.

So you still daren't answer the question (you were asked to identify the
circumstances in which The Tax becoimes payable in respect of a motor
vehicle), then?

Why is that?

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2017, 1:28:48 PM4/23/17
I am asking you the question.
Where does 'Road Tax' appear in current legislation?

JNugent

Apr 23, 2017, 1:51:40 PM4/23/17
There is an answer to that question which will be given when my question
has had a truthful answer.

fredal...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2017, 2:13:30 PM4/23/17

Judith

Apr 25, 2017, 11:54:22 AM4/25/17
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:47 +0100 (BST), agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul
Cummins) wrote:

>In article <elmom7...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
>(JNugent) wrote:
>
>> Stop being evasive. It doesn't make you look clever.
>
>So explain to me why there are many many vehicles that can use the road
>but don't pay your so-called road tax?

Oh dear - not bright are you.

Please explain why there so many people who have an income: but do not pay
Income Tax?