First 'car-free' day in Paris sees massive pollution and noise drop

1 view

Alycidon

Oct 4, 2015, 3:18:36 AM10/4/15
QUOTE:
"A 'car-free' day in Paris led to a dramatic drop in both air and noise pollution - leading the mayor to propose more vehicle free days in the French capital.

"We have to change people's attitudes and behaviour. The fact is you don't need a car to get around in Paris and there is no reason to use one most of the time. You can take public transport, bicycles and even walk.

"My dream Paris would be a city without cars. It may be idealistic, but we have to start somewhere. And this is the road we have to go down if we want to have a city we can live in."

http://road.cc/content/news/166652-first-car-free-day-paris-sees-massive-pollution-and-noise-drop