Falling Asleep While Driving Admitted To By One In Ten British Motorists

Bod

Aug 15, 2017, 2:52:45 AM8/15/17
More than three million British drivers have fallen asleep behind the
wheel in the last year, according to new research.

Almost one in 10 (3.4 million) of the UK’s more than 38 million
motorists “nodded off” while driving, a survey for LV= car insurance
firm found.

It contributed to at least 3,357 fatigue-related accidents which have
been recorded over the past five years, according to official police
figures obtained by the company.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/19/drivers-falling-asleep_n_3301262.html

James Wilkinson Sword

Aug 15, 2017, 9:03:19 AM8/15/17
I find this impossible. I cannot sleep unless doing nothing and horizontal. How anyone can fall asleep in an upright position while doing something (eg driving) I don't know.

Anyway, easy enough to stop, have a 30 minute nap, then continue. What's the problem?

--
When I was in the pub I heard a couple of plonkas saying that they wouldn't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman. What a pair of sexists. I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody thing!

James Wilkinson Sword

Aug 15, 2017, 9:03:20 AM8/15/17

JNugent

Aug 15, 2017, 10:01:21 AM8/15/17
Were they carrying their bikes in those silly roof-top bike-stand things?

James Wilkinson Sword

Aug 15, 2017, 10:06:30 AM8/15/17
What's silly about those?

--
Yesterday scientists in the USA revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones.
To prove their theory they fed 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them started talking nonsense and couldn't drive.