Probably not news to us in this group.

Peter Keller

Nov 12, 2018, 4:58:41 AM11/12/18

JNugent

Nov 12, 2018, 6:37:54 AM11/12/18
On 12/11/2018 09:58, Peter Keller wrote:

> https://bit.ly/2B0tMhW

QUOTE (headline):
Data From Millions Of Smartphone Journeys Proves Cyclists Faster In
Cities Than Cars And Motorbikes
ENDQUOTE

Do they really mean "in cities", where the word "in" would be better
expressed as "within"?

Or do they mean "in city centres liable to congestion, especially where
traffic is deliberately hampered and hobbled by the highway authority"?

The reason I ask is because it is possible to envisage a journey within
a city area, for example:

(a) Sylmar to Irvine (Los Angeles), 77+ miles along the I-405
(alternatively I-5), or

(b) Speke John Lennon Airport to Maghull (Liverpool) 18+ miles along
A562 / A5300 / M57 / A59, or

(c) Katy, TX to McNair (Houston (TX)), 50+ miles largely along I-10...

...all of which would be far quicker by car, despite the existence of
non-motorway/freeway routes just as direct (or even more direct) as
those mentioned above.

I have only asked in relation to locations and routes with which I am
familiar. I have no doubt that plenty of others could be identified.

Kerr-Mudd,John

Nov 12, 2018, 6:50:24 AM11/12/18
Probably it means In General, not that /every/ journey would be faster by
bike. Sheesh.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

JNugent

Nov 12, 2018, 8:30:44 AM11/12/18
If it *does* mean "in general", as you suggest, it is nonsense. Most
journeys are not along routes where the highway authority seeks to
prevent movement, even in cities.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 12, 2018, 11:59:06 AM11/12/18
Peter Keller wrote:
> https://bit.ly/2B0tMhW

In the cold, the dark and the rain pissing down?
You are what you are, you are a cyclist - low life poverty scum.

JNugent

Nov 12, 2018, 1:17:50 PM11/12/18
I liked the ihe illustration, which showed a cyclist delivering pizza,
or something, anything, on a bike.

Of course, that McJob makes him Considerably Richer Than Yow.

Peter Parry

Nov 12, 2018, 1:33:18 PM11/12/18
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:58:40 +1300, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk>
wrote:

>https://bit.ly/2B0tMhW

Proof that in the centre of some crowded cities only fit young
antisocial bicyclists willing to disregard traffic laws, red lights
riding on pavements or whatever else suits them can reach their
destination carrying a small pizza as sweat soaked smelly creatures a
few seconds quicker than someone on a motorbike.

I think we all knew this.

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2018, 2:27:20 PM11/12/18
We all know this as well!

Time to wheel out:

Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc - ran out of space.

Simon Jester

Nov 12, 2018, 2:43:31 PM11/12/18
On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 4:59:06 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> In the cold, the dark and the rain pissing down?

No one is interested in your domestic situation.

Simon Jester

Nov 12, 2018, 2:47:28 PM11/12/18
What do Canadian Airports have to do with it?

Kerr-Mudd,John

Nov 12, 2018, 3:33:22 PM11/12/18
I thought you two weren't speaking?

Peter Keller

Nov 13, 2018, 4:36:47 AM11/13/18
On 11/13/18 5:59 AM, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> You are what you are, you are a cyclist - low life poverty scum.

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment, coming from YOU
Especially as it has come from YOU.
Now please vomit in my direction the further excellent honour of smarmy
lagerlout git, bloody woofter sod, pillock, and grotty wanking oik
artless base-court apple-john.

After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
viable means of transport, and we all know what YOU think of
bicyclists.are the fuckwitted pits of humanity.

It really is a very great compliment to be called low life poverty scum
by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no fucking interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
fuckwitted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Peter Keller

Nov 13, 2018, 4:38:52 AM11/13/18
How can that be?
That hagfish Pounder blurts till it is purple in the face that he is
low-life POVERTY scum!

Peter Keller

Nov 13, 2018, 4:39:44 AM11/13/18
I did not know that hagfish could piss.

Peter Keller

Nov 13, 2018, 4:41:38 AM11/13/18
And also non-fit social bicyclist obeying traffic laws.
As I said, not news in this group.

Peter Parry

Nov 13, 2018, 5:08:17 AM11/13/18
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:41:37 +1300, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk>
wrote:

>On 11/13/18 7:33 AM, Peter Parry wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:58:40 +1300, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://bit.ly/2B0tMhW
>>
>> Proof that in the centre of some crowded cities only fit young
>> antisocial bicyclists willing to disregard traffic laws, red lights
>> riding on pavements or whatever else suits them can reach their
>> destination carrying a small pizza as sweat soaked smelly creatures a
>> few seconds quicker than someone on a motorbike.
>>
>> I think we all knew this.
>>

>And also non-fit social bicyclist obeying traffic laws.
>As I said, not news in this group.

No non-fit social cyclists in the group mentioned - they were all Uber
riders, a group of predominately young male riders noted for their
aggressive thoughtless behaviour and dangerous riding.