Seen today

Alycidon

Aug 23, 2016, 11:18:17 AM8/23/16
House selling cyclists cold water for £0.50 when you can go into a pub and get it for free according to the law.

https://youtu.be/vh3BL54pc1s

Peter Parry

Aug 23, 2016, 12:33:18 PM8/23/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:18:16 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
<swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

>House selling cyclists cold water for Ł0.50 when you can go into a pub and get it for free according to the law.

Which law might it be that you think gives any odiferous antisocial
decorated traffic cone a right to stroll off the streets into a pub
and to demand free water? (or even worse a peleton of loud smelly oiks
dressed as matching traffic cones out "training" for something or
other.)

You might be getting confused with the Licensing Act 2003 (Mandatory
Licensing Conditions) (Amendment) Order 2014 that provides that the
responsible person (in premises serving alcohol) must ensure that free
potable water is provided on request for customers where it is
reasonably available.

Customer = someone who buys goods or services from a business.

Any establishment is entitled to prevent anyone from becoming a
customer by refusing to serve them and asking them to leave.

If you are not a customer you are not entitled to free water.

Alycidon

Aug 23, 2016, 12:43:01 PM8/23/16
On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 17:33:18 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:

> If you are not a customer you are not entitled to free water.

Bit more hi-tech these days.

http://www.tapwater.org/about

Peter Parry

Aug 23, 2016, 1:06:59 PM8/23/16
This is a new definition of "free" which involves paying for it?

Simon Jester

Aug 23, 2016, 1:09:09 PM8/23/16
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 5:33:18 PM UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:

> Which law might it be that you think gives any odiferous antisocial
> decorated traffic cone a right to stroll off the streets into a pub
> and to demand free water? (or even worse a peleton of loud smelly oiks
> dressed as matching traffic cones out "training" for something or
> other.)

What a sad lonely life you must lead.

Alycidon

Aug 23, 2016, 1:17:05 PM8/23/16
It is these sort of hooligans he hates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7czGClCHlU

soup

Aug 23, 2016, 1:26:06 PM8/23/16
On 23/08/2016 16:18, Alycidon wrote:
> when you can go into a pub and get it(water) for free according to the law.

Cite?

Alycidon

Aug 23, 2016, 1:46:55 PM8/23/16

soup

Aug 23, 2016, 3:48:58 PM8/23/16
That states they were customers in the bar/lounge not just cyclists off
the street.
Any cite that a pub has to supply non-customers with water(anything)?

Peter Parry

Aug 23, 2016, 5:33:07 PM8/23/16
The bit that said "“Police said that they were within their rights to
ask anybody they wished to leave their property at any time, and that
they were under no obligation to provide us with tap water.”"?

Rob Morley

Aug 23, 2016, 5:40:05 PM8/23/16
Licensed premises must provide /customers/ with free tap water on
request.

Licensing Act 2003 (Mandatory Licensing Conditions) Order 2010 para.3

"The responsible person shall ensure that free tap water is provided on
request to customers where it is reasonably available."

JNugent

Aug 23, 2016, 8:06:08 PM8/23/16
Don't you say that simply because you can't answer his question?

JNugent

Aug 23, 2016, 8:07:26 PM8/23/16
What is a customer?

Alycidon

Aug 23, 2016, 10:01:34 PM8/23/16
On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 22:33:07 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:

> The bit that said "“Police said that they were within their rights to
> ask anybody they wished to leave their property at any time,

True - I've been booted out of pubs for winning too much money on quiz machines several times.