YCMIU: Cycling campaigner mown down on pavement by bicycle weapon.

MrCheerful

Sep 22, 2016, 5:04:55 AM9/22/16
A leading cycling campaigner is calling for tougher action against
law-breaking cyclists after she was knocked unconscious in the street.
Barnes town centre manager Emma Robinson had left a meeting to discuss
improving cycle routes when she was sent flying by a man riding on the
pavement outside offices in Twickenham.
Mrs Robinson said she was briefly knocked out and suffered severe
concussion as a result of the collision last month.

She returned to work the next day but had to revisit the hospital after
she “blacked out” and said she still suffers from dizzy spells.
She said medics told her it may take up to three months to make a full
recovery.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cycling-champion-knocked-unconscious-by-rider-calls-for-tougher-action-against-cyclists-a3349591.html

Jude

Sep 22, 2016, 5:54:14 AM9/22/16
From MrCheerful <g.odon...@yahoo.co.uk>:

>A leading cycling campaigner is calling for tougher action against
>law-breaking cyclists after she was knocked unconscious in the street.
>Barnes town centre manager Emma Robinson had left a meeting to discuss
>improving cycle routes when she was sent flying by a man riding on the
>pavement outside offices in Twickenham.
>Mrs Robinson said she was briefly knocked out and suffered severe
>concussion as a result of the collision last month.
>
>She returned to work the next day but had to revisit the hospital after
>she "blacked out"ť and said she still suffers from dizzy spells.
"A leading cycling campaigner is calling for tougher action against
law-breaking cyclists": this action is something that cyclists are in full
agreement with.

Don't forget, BTW, to mention the good news in that story. Police have
confirmed a man was arrested and although they have not provided any further
details, we can expect justice to be done in this case?