Wannabe pop star, 27, whose girl band toured with Little Mix weeps as she is JAILED for eight months for mowing down and killing cyclist mother-of-three at roundabout

Bod

Nov 26, 2018, 8:54:49 AM11/26/18

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2018, 9:12:45 AM11/26/18

JNugent

Nov 26, 2018, 9:14:37 AM11/26/18
On 26/11/2018 13:54, Bod wrote:

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

"Bang to rights" (as they say) by the sound of it.

In fact, is eight months not a little too lenient?

Simon Jester

Nov 26, 2018, 1:53:22 PM11/26/18
The problem with these cases is that there was no intent to cause harm.
Nevertheless motorists need to accept they are in charge of a deadly weapon and should drive accordingly.
A just outcome IMO.

JNugent

Nov 26, 2018, 3:58:11 PM11/26/18
On 26/11/2018 18:53, Simon Jester wrote:

> On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 2:14:37 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
>> On 26/11/2018 13:54, Bod wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
>>
>> "Bang to rights" (as they say) by the sound of it.
>>
>> In fact, is eight months not a little too lenient?
>
> The problem with these cases is that there was no intent to cause harm.

In ordinary traffic law cases, there is rarely an intention to cause
harm. Even deliberate actions which cause inconvenience to others (like
parking on a double yellow line) are not intended - or at least not
wished - to cause harm (however defined).

> Nevertheless motorists need to accept they are in charge of a deadly weapon and should drive accordingly.
> A just outcome IMO.

Driving without due care and attention has always covered instances like
this.

I'm never quite sure about the relatively new offence of causing death
by careless driving (as opposed to dangerous driving), but that's the
way the rules are. The other parallel "new offences" of causing death
whilst driving whilst either unlicensed or uninsured (or both) seem very
fair. It's the law taking a commonsense view along the lines "He
shouldn't even have *been* driving, there or anywhere else".

MrCheerful

Nov 26, 2018, 4:12:21 PM11/26/18
If she had shouted 'Get out of the way, I'm not stopping' then she
might have just got a fine instead of a prison sentence.

JNugent

Nov 26, 2018, 6:59:40 PM11/26/18
Oh, don't remind me...