Bikes 5 Cars 1

Alycidon

Oct 22, 2016, 2:23:14 PM10/22/16

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 22, 2016, 2:51:40 PM10/22/16
Alycidon wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3861240/The-proof-cycle-lanes-lunacy-car-races-bike-three-cities-Guess-wins-tells-gridlocked-roads.html#comments

Just for once I actually bothered to click on one of your never ending
links.
Is that turd on the bicycle you?

Alycidon

Oct 22, 2016, 3:06:31 PM10/22/16
Since I have never worn a silly plastic hat, no.

JNugent

Oct 22, 2016, 3:29:16 PM10/22/16
On 22/10/2016 19:23, Alycidon wrote:

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3861240/The-proof-cycle-lanes-lunacy-car-races-bike-three-cities-Guess-wins-tells-gridlocked-roads.html#comments

Ah... yes... of course...

...the daily commuter grind from the Tower of London to Tate Britain
(Millbank).

There are so *many* *thousands* of people who live at Tower Hill and use
their cars to go to work at Millbank, aren't there?

I wonder whether the bike would beat the car over a more realistic road
commute - say - Brentwood to Ilford? Or perhaps Guildford to Tolworth?
Arkley to Enfield?

JNugent

Oct 22, 2016, 3:30:44 PM10/22/16
Harry Wallop is usually involved in more honest endeavours.

His lending his name to a bogus "commute" from Cable Street to Millbank
does him no favours.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 22, 2016, 4:03:03 PM10/22/16
You have previously stated you have me in your k/f for the past 5 years.
So you have obviously lied.
Get a grip Simon!
Go get a part time job or something.
You are a bit too young to retire.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 22, 2016, 5:00:47 PM10/22/16
Why did he post a link which tells us that cycle lanes are making congestion worse? I didn't realise Simon was that dopey.

--
Backup not found. A)bort, R)etry or P)anic?

MrCheerful

Oct 22, 2016, 5:36:00 PM10/22/16
How about Southend to Aldgate ?

Any London road commute would be much faster if the cycle lanes were
removed.

Bret Cahill

Oct 22, 2016, 11:14:27 PM10/22/16
> >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3861240/The-proof-cycle-lanes-lunacy-car-races-bike-three-cities-Guess-wins-tells-gridlocked-roads.html#comments
> >
> > Just for once I actually bothered to click on one of your never ending
> > links.
> > Is that turd on the bicycle you?
>
> Why did he post a link which tells us that cycle lanes are making congestion worse?

Actually the article suggests motorists mired in motor vehicle traffic are trying to scape goat cyclists when the real problem is too many motorists.

Traffic fatalities are up 10% in the U.S. because of low fuel prices -- too many motorists on the freeways -- not because of cyclists.

Bret Cahill

Alycidon

Oct 22, 2016, 11:20:52 PM10/22/16
On Sunday, 23 October 2016 04:14:27 UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:

> > > Just for once I actually bothered to click on one of your never ending
> > > links.
> > > Is that turd on the bicycle you?
> >
> > Why did he post a link which tells us that cycle lanes are making congestion worse?
>
> Actually the article suggests motorists mired in motor vehicle traffic are trying to scape goat cyclists when the real problem is too many motorists.

The Daily Mail is well known as being a rag that winds up its core readership by pulling certain strings, cyclists being just one.

Express is even worse.

http://expressbingo.org.uk/

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 3:17:55 AM10/23/16
>The bus lanes are worse. There are far more of those.

MrCheerful

Oct 23, 2016, 3:29:45 AM10/23/16
I agree, the bus lanes are a major hold up everywhere, not aided at all
by their extremely variable operation times.
However, adding on the cycle lanes was the equivalent of pouring treacle
into an old clock.
London has now stopped, and cannot be easily traversed at any time of
the day.

Alycidon

Oct 23, 2016, 3:37:54 AM10/23/16
On Sunday, 23 October 2016 08:17:55 UTC+1, Bod wrote:

> >The bus lanes are worse. There are far more of those.

I was in London last week and after 6 hours of walking at 1500 I had had enough. Luckily, there were dozens of taxis gridlocked around the theatre district, so I just strolled along a queue until I found a spare cab and £20 later I was at King's X and back home at 1830.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 4:18:22 AM10/23/16
Wrong, I picked up some of my family at St Pancras/Kings Cross a few
months back. It took me 40 minutes from Berkshire to the station, I left
at 6.30pm. You exaggerate.

MrCheerful

Oct 23, 2016, 5:35:02 AM10/23/16
I think you are the one exaggerating, your time would give an average
speed of 60 mph for the whole journey (assuming you are travelling from
the near edge of Berkshire. Even top, speed cyclists have a job to
reach such a speed on a track. Was it a family of mice you were picking up?

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 5:53:50 AM10/23/16
The A40 most of the way and travelling at a rough average of 40mph for
most of the way. It was one of my sons/his wife & two grandkids.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 5:57:32 AM10/23/16

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 5:59:52 AM10/23/16
Do I get an apology for your accusation of exaggeration?

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 6:07:47 AM10/23/16
.
It also debunks your wild claim that I would've had to average 60mph.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 6:16:25 AM10/23/16

JNugent

Oct 23, 2016, 7:37:38 AM10/23/16
Does the A40 now pass through Berkshire?

It's so hard to keep up with local government reorganisation.

JNugent

Oct 23, 2016, 7:42:16 AM10/23/16
£20 from Shaftesbury Avenue (the end farthest south) to King's Cross
Station (2.4 miles)?

That's some congestion.

Time that taxis were allowed to use the cycle superhighways.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 7:45:27 AM10/23/16
>No it doesn't. Why do you ask?

JNugent

Oct 23, 2016, 8:13:54 AM10/23/16
Have a guess.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 8:24:21 AM10/23/16
Get someone to show you how to Google.
If you can't manage that, then find and click the links that you've
deleted showing the A40 route that I posted.

MrCheerful

Oct 23, 2016, 8:56:13 AM10/23/16
I was taking Bracknell as a starting point. 6.30 in the evening going
into town is scarcely normal commute. I am still impressed that you can
ride so fast (34mph average) over such a distance.

and traverse means to cross, not go halfway and then back

MrCheerful

Oct 23, 2016, 8:57:38 AM10/23/16
If the taxis were gridlocked then there was no point getting in one, and
where was his viable transport?

JNugent

Oct 23, 2016, 9:20:33 AM10/23/16
I already knew, but wanted an answer from you.

You must be able to see why.

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2016, 11:55:50 AM10/23/16
So what?
The limited road space has to be shared between all types of road users.
If that means less space for cars then tough.
If you chose to travel alone in a vehicle designed to carry 5 people + cargo with a grossly over engineered power plant then you bring congestion on yourself.

MrCheerful

Oct 23, 2016, 12:01:41 PM10/23/16
All the traffic, including bicycles, could move better if the cycle
lanes were removed . If bicycles cannot mix with the London traffic
(which is often moving at cycle speed) then they are clearly not viable
transport, and should be phased out.

Paul Cummins

Oct 23, 2016, 12:41:35 PM10/23/16
In article <e73fld...@mid.individual.net>, bodr...@yahoo.co.uk (Bod)
wrote:

> The A40 most of the way and travelling at a rough average of 40mph
> for most of the way.

The A40 does not enter Berkshire at any point.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2016, 1:37:49 PM10/23/16
On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 5:01:41 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 23/10/2016 16:55, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> How about Southend to Aldgate ?
> >>
> >> Any London road commute would be much faster if the cycle lanes were
> >> removed.
> >
> > So what?
> > The limited road space has to be shared between all types of road users.
> > If that means less space for cars then tough.
> > If you chose to travel alone in a vehicle designed to carry 5 people + cargo with a grossly over engineered power plant then you bring congestion on yourself.
> >

> All the traffic, including bicycles, could move better if the cycle
> lanes were removed .

Can you provide evidence for this?

If bicycles cannot mix with the London traffic
> (which is often moving at cycle speed) then they are clearly not viable
> transport, and should be phased out.

Bicycles are not the cause of congestion.
If motor vehicles cannot mix with traditional London Traffic( pedestrians, equestrians and cyclists), then motor vehicles should be phased out.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 1:40:10 PM10/23/16
On 23/10/2016 17:41, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <e73fld...@mid.individual.net>, bodr...@yahoo.co.uk (Bod)
> wrote:
>
>> The A40 most of the way and travelling at a rough average of 40mph
>> for most of the way.
>
> The A40 does not enter Berkshire at any point.

Correct, that's why I said "A40 *most* of the way".
Got it now?

Paul Cummins

Oct 23, 2016, 2:11:22 PM10/23/16
In article <e74avo...@mid.individual.net>, bodr...@yahoo.co.uk (Bod)
wrote:

> Correct, that's why I said "A40 *most* of the way".
> Got it now?

Why would anyone go nearly 10 miles north to join the A40 from Slough?

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 2:25:43 PM10/23/16

Alycidon

Oct 23, 2016, 2:30:28 PM10/23/16
On Sunday, 23 October 2016 19:11:22 UTC+1, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <e74avo...@mid.individual.net>, bodr...@yahoo.co.uk (Bod)
> wrote:
>
> > Correct, that's why I said "A40 *most* of the way".
> > Got it now?
>
> Why would anyone go nearly 10 miles north to join the A40 from Slough?

Stupid people from Hull drive 60 miles west to Sheffield just because they think that the M1 is the shortest way to London.

I cut out 50 miles by doing Humber Bridge, Scunthorpe, A15, A46 to Newark, A1 to Hendon.

Bod

Oct 23, 2016, 2:33:44 PM10/23/16
Show me the better way?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 23, 2016, 3:00:40 PM10/23/16
Q:
"Hey "Bod", how far is Wembley away for Uxbridge"?
A:
"Dunno Steve, I don't get that far".
He lived in Uxbridge.

(21 min (10.8 mi) via Western Ave/A40)

Says it all about southerners.

Paul Cummins

Oct 23, 2016, 3:21:36 PM10/23/16
In article <e74e46...@mid.individual.net>, bodr...@yahoo.co.uk (Bod)
wrote:

> Show me the better way?

A4 of course...

MrCheerful

Oct 23, 2016, 4:18:46 PM10/23/16
I did not say that bicycles are the cause of the congestion, but that
cycle lanes have reduced the road capacity making the congestion worse
than it was.
Before the cycle lanes, average traffic speeds were higher.

2012 19.33
2016 16.5

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2016, 4:57:01 PM10/23/16
And your point is?

JNugent

Oct 23, 2016, 6:37:46 PM10/23/16
On 23/10/2016 16:55, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
"Shared"?

MrCheerful

Oct 24, 2016, 2:27:43 AM10/24/16
I have written the point in my statement above. Are you on drugs?

Peter Keller

Oct 24, 2016, 4:32:00 AM10/24/16
On 24.10.2016 05:01, MrCheerful wrote:
> they are clearly not viable transport

Bicycles are very viable transport for many things.

Peter Keller

Oct 24, 2016, 4:33:17 AM10/24/16
Pot. kettle black.

Bod

Oct 24, 2016, 4:48:35 AM10/24/16
The advantages of using a bicycle:

1. They don't need filling with fuel/oil etc.
2. No tax required.
3. No insurance required.
4. You can enter bus lanes.
5. Can be parked virtually anyware.
5. 50% less chance of a puncture (only two wheels)
6. Keeps you fit.
7. No yearly MOT.
8. Can't be nicked for speeding.
9. Traffic jams do not slow you down.
10.Can be used on most terrain.
11.Makes you more handsome.

ps: *No.11 needs verifying*

So, all in all, there are many advantages.

Paul Cummins

Oct 24, 2016, 5:00:40 AM10/24/16
In article <nuj1c2$nvh$1...@dont-email.me>, MrPo...@RationalThought.com
(Mr Pounder Esquire) wrote:

> Q:
> "Hey "Bod", how far is Wembley away for Uxbridge"?
> A:
> "Dunno Steve, I don't get that far".
> He lived in Uxbridge.
>
> (21 min (10.8 mi) via Western Ave/A40)
>
> Says it all about southerners.

It's always amazed me that so many people have no perception of distance.

I lived most of my childhood in the Blackwater Valley, which has, for
example, Bracknell, Slough and Reading only a few miles away to the north
east, north and north west.

Yet as a child, we'd go to Salisbury, Exeter, Guildford, Portsmouth but
never Reading etc.

Indeed, despite living only 15 miles away, I never went to Basingstoke
until after I was 21, but would be in Guildford pretty much every
weekend.

Now, I see no issue with jumping in the car for an 80 mile run to my
girlfriend, mostly Motorway, or going to Scotland for the day to see
relatives. And no, I live south of the Thames.

MrCheerful

Oct 24, 2016, 5:17:03 AM10/24/16
only for a tiny subset of journeys, times, weather, purpose and use

Bod

Oct 24, 2016, 5:21:44 AM10/24/16
Yet a surprising amount of cyclists manage perfectly well without a car.

MrCheerful

Oct 24, 2016, 8:20:10 AM10/24/16
Did you pick up your family by bicycle?

Bod

Oct 24, 2016, 8:24:23 AM10/24/16
Read again what I said, I never mentioned my family.

MrCheerful

Oct 24, 2016, 10:14:01 AM10/24/16
"Wrong, I picked up some of my family at St Pancras/Kings Cross a few
months back. It took me 40 minutes from Berkshire to the station, I left
at 6.30pm. You exaggerate. "

Was it just body parts that you collected? Did you travel by bicycle to
do so? Were you able to travel 28 miles in 40 minutes by bicycle?

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 12:40:26 PM10/24/16
""Shared?""?

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 12:45:14 PM10/24/16
On 24/10/2016 10:21, Bod wrote:
And many more manage without a bicycle.

Some even manage without either.

But such a life isn't for everyone. In fact, it isn't for most people.

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 12:54:37 PM10/24/16
Yes.

What does it mean?

Is the Ritz Hotel being shared with you when you are not allowed past
the door?

Bod

Oct 24, 2016, 1:09:44 PM10/24/16
Well spotted.
Any other life changing information to tell us?

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 2:29:41 PM10/24/16
No doubt you have some sort of semantic trap I am supposed to fall into so I am not going to play your childish game.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 24, 2016, 3:18:59 PM10/24/16
Indeed. Usually you are carrying luggage, or going a long distance, or need to be there quicker, or would prefer to get to work without being all wet.

--
Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.

soup

Oct 24, 2016, 4:05:40 PM10/24/16
Usually ? Most car journeys are sub five miles with one occupant .

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 4:08:35 PM10/24/16
Do you have any more lifestyle prescriptions to offer to others?

After all, no matter what inconvenience others have to put up with, you
won't feel a thing.

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 4:11:23 PM10/24/16
No semantics involved.

You said the road has to be shared between all types of road users.

Maybe it does need to be shared, but as you well know, that's not what
happens and the sabotage over recent years of the main routes in London
is the best proof of that (to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes and
a working brain).

So do you have a definition of "shared" to offer?

Or was it just an attempt at a clever throwaway?

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 4:11:53 PM10/24/16
That's quite a way to carry a suitcase.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 24, 2016, 4:18:00 PM10/24/16
Try getting off the dole and getting a job. You may find out differently.
Or, fuck off back to the moderated cycling wanker group........ all your
little friends are there.

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 5:29:14 PM10/24/16
Stop wriggling.

> You said the road has to be shared between all types of road users.
>
> Maybe it does need to be shared

Glad you agree

, but as you well know, that's not what
> happens

I know nothing of the sort.

and the sabotage over recent years of the main routes in London
> is the best proof of that (to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes and
> a working brain).

Thank you for proving my point.

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 6:55:26 PM10/24/16
What?

Does English differ very much from our language on your planet?

>> You said the road has to be shared between all types of road users.

>> Maybe it does need to be shared

> Glad you agree

Indeed I do.

But the road is *not* "shared between all types of road users", is it?

> , but as you well know, that's not what happens

> I know nothing of the sort.

I shouldn't have over-estimated your knowledge, but I am charitable to a
fault.

>> and the sabotage over recent years of the main routes in London
>> is the best proof of that (to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes and
>> a working brain).
>>

> Thank you for proving my point.

Your *what*?

There you go with your extra-terestrial English variant again.

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 7:13:07 PM10/24/16
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:55:26 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

> What?
>
> Does English differ very much from our language on your planet?

I do not speak 'Liverpool'

> >> You said the road has to be shared between all types of road users.
>
> >> Maybe it does need to be shared
>
> > Glad you agree
>
> Indeed I do.
>
> But the road is *not* "shared between all types of road users", is it?

Precisely.
I am glad you agree it should be.

> > , but as you well know, that's not what happens
>
> > I know nothing of the sort.
>
> I shouldn't have over-estimated your knowledge, but I am charitable to a
> fault.

My knowledge of light stable isotope geochemistry is just fine.

> >> and the sabotage over recent years of the main routes in London
> >> is the best proof of that (to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes and
> >> a working brain).
> >>

> > Thank you for proving my point.
>
> Your *what*?

My point.

> There you go with your extra-terestrial English variant again.

As I said, I don't speak 'Liverpool'

JNugent

Oct 24, 2016, 7:30:31 PM10/24/16
On 25/10/2016 00:12, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:55:26 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>> What?

>> Does English differ very much from our language on your planet?

> I do not speak 'Liverpool'

That was never an issue. Your use of language in your idiosyncratic
Humpty Dumpty style ruled that out from the outset.

>>> Glad you agree

>> Indeed I do.
>> But the road is *not* "shared between all types of road users", is it?

> Precisely.
> I am glad you agree it should be.

>>> , but as you well know, that's not what happens

>>> I know nothing of the sort.

>> I shouldn't have over-estimated your knowledge, but I am charitable to a
>> fault.

> My knowledge of light stable isotope geochemistry is just fine.

Maybe. Who knows? Who cares?

You clearly ought to know that the roads are not "shared between all
types of road users".

But you claim not to know it.

>>> Thank you for proving my point.

>> Your *what*?

> My point.

>> There you go with your extra-terestrial English variant again.

> As I said, I don't speak 'Liverpool'

You need not repeat your non-sequiturs. They came across as the required
nonsense first time.

mycro...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 7:51:11 PM10/24/16
On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 12:30:31 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 25/10/2016 00:12, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:55:26 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>
> >> What?
>
> >> Does English differ very much from our language on your planet?
>
> > I do not speak 'Liverpool'
>
> That was never an issue. Your use of language in your idiosyncratic
> Humpty Dumpty style ruled that out from the outset.

As I said, I don't speak Liverpool.
Can you translate the above into English.

> >> Indeed I do.
> >> But the road is *not* "shared between all types of road users", is it?
>
> > Precisely.
> > I am glad you agree it should be.

> >> I shouldn't have over-estimated your knowledge, but I am charitable to a
> >> fault.
>
> > My knowledge of light stable isotope geochemistry is just fine.
>
> Maybe. Who knows? Who cares?

You do.
Without light stable isotope geochemistry oil supplies would have run out decades ago.

> You clearly ought to know that the roads are not "shared between all
> types of road users".
>
> But you claim not to know it.

> >> Your *what*?
>
> > My point.
>
> >> There you go with your extra-terestrial English variant again.
>
> > As I said, I don't speak 'Liverpool'
>
> You need not repeat your non-sequiturs. They came across as the required
> nonsense first time.

So you agree with my point, thanks for your support.

TMS320

Oct 25, 2016, 9:05:54 AM10/25/16
On 25/10/2016 00:12, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:55:26 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>
>> But the road is *not* "shared between all types of road users", is
>> it?
>
> Precisely. I am glad you agree it should be.

Given that a person using a car requires something like 10 times the
space of any other mode, if Nugent wants road users to have equal
shares, he should be careful about what he wishes for.

JNugent

Oct 25, 2016, 9:55:11 AM10/25/16
Who said anything about equal shares?

Only you.

And you know how much I value your opinion.

TMS320

Oct 26, 2016, 3:32:56 AM10/26/16
My reply was to mycroftxx10. Why reply when you have nothing to add?

JNugent

Oct 26, 2016, 8:23:28 AM10/26/16
But you deceitfully attempted to attribute a view to me which I do not
hold and had not expressed.

Try being honest for a change and there'll be no need to correct your
untruths.

Will there?

TMS320

Oct 27, 2016, 3:50:41 AM10/27/16
On 26/10/2016 13:23, JNugent wrote:
> On 26/10/2016 08:37, TMS320 wrote:

>>> Who said anything about equal shares?
>>> Only you.
>>> And you know how much I value your opinion.
>
>> My reply was to mycroftxx10.
>
> But you deceitfully attempted to attribute a view to me which I do not
> hold and had not expressed.

So what? It's less than why you habitually do. Anyway, I shall leave it
to other readers to use your response to decide what this view is that
you claim not to be holding.

TMS320

Oct 27, 2016, 4:18:35 AM10/27/16
On 27/10/2016 08:51, TMS320 wrote:

> It's less than why you habitually do.

............than what you..............

JNugent

Oct 27, 2016, 8:43:52 AM10/27/16
On 27/10/2016 08:51, TMS320 wrote:
You'd have done better posting that in English, surely?

Alycidon

Oct 28, 2016, 10:38:30 PM10/28/16
On Saturday, 22 October 2016 22:00:47 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 19:51:35 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire <MrPo...@rationalthought.com> wrote:
>
> > Alycidon wrote:
> >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3861240/The-proof-cycle-lanes-lunacy-car-races-bike-three-cities-Guess-wins-tells-gridlocked-roads.html#comments
> >
> > Just for once I actually bothered to click on one of your never ending
> > links.
> > Is that turd on the bicycle you?
>
> Why did he post a link which tells us that cycle lanes are making congestion worse? I didn't realise Simon was that dopey.

On Saturday, 29 October 2016 00:24:06 UTC+1, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

You believe it is OK to cycle on pavements so long as you do not endanger pedestrians?

How about drink driving? No harm, no foul, right?

Alycidon

Oct 29, 2016, 12:38:48 PM10/29/16
On Saturday, 22 October 2016 21:03:03 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Alycidon wrote:
> > On Saturday, 22 October 2016 19:51:40 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Just for once I actually bothered to click on one of your never
> >> ending links.
> >> Is that turd on the bicycle you?
> >
> > Since I have never worn a silly plastic hat, no.
>
> You have previously stated you have me in your k/f for the past 5 years.
> So you have obviously lied.
> Get a grip Simon!
> Go get a part time job or something.
> You are a bit too young to retire.

I have applied for this - just up my street.

http://eclipsejobs.recruitment-software.co.uk/vacancies/details.aspx?id=9436

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 29, 2016, 2:01:57 PM10/29/16
What is this? Are you quoting someone else, me, you, what?

--
Sat opposite an Indian lady on the train today, she shut her eyes and stopped breathing. I thought she was dead, until I saw the red spot on her forehead and realised she was just on standby.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 29, 2016, 2:07:18 PM10/29/16
Okay, good luck then.
A job will get you away from a keyboard and this silly cyclist group.
I took part time when I retired (too) early as I was getting bored.
I'm 65 in 9 days :-(

Alycidon

Oct 29, 2016, 2:15:13 PM10/29/16
On Saturday, 29 October 2016 19:07:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> > I have applied for this - just up my street.
> >
> > http://eclipsejobs.recruitment-software.co.uk/vacancies/details.aspx?id=9436
>
> Okay, good luck then.
> A job will get you away from a keyboard and this silly cyclist group.
> I took part time when I retired (too) early as I was getting bored.
> I'm 65 in 9 days :-(

I will use the spare cash to save for a £25000 motorhome so I can spend all summer in Bosnia and Albania using cheap Diesel and food like the Dutch do.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 29, 2016, 3:50:18 PM10/29/16
Retired?

--
"Sir, your daughter says she loves me, she can't live without me, and wants to marry me."
"And you're asking my permission to marry her?"

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 29, 2016, 3:51:06 PM10/29/16
Spend £25000 then save fuel ROTFPMSL!

On that subject, isn't an Alfa a rather thirsty car?

--
A young blonde girl goes to the doctor for a physical. The doctor puts his stethoscope up to the girl's chest and says, "Big breaths."
The girl replies, "Yeth and I'm not even thickthteen."

Alycidon

Oct 29, 2016, 3:53:16 PM10/29/16
On Saturday, 29 October 2016 20:51:06 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> >> Okay, good luck then.
> >> A job will get you away from a keyboard and this silly cyclist group.
> >> I took part time when I retired (too) early as I was getting bored.
> >> I'm 65 in 9 days :-(
> >
> > I will use the spare cash to save for a £25000 motorhome so I can spend all summer in Bosnia and Albania using cheap Diesel and food like the Dutch do.
>
> Spend £25000 then save fuel ROTFPMSL!
>
> On that subject, isn't an Alfa a rather thirsty car?

Nope as I drive up the arris of HGVs at 56 mph and get 38 mph.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 29, 2016, 4:38:22 PM10/29/16
38 isn't particularly good.

--
I took my Biology exam last Friday. I was asked to name two things commonly found in cells. Apparently "Blacks" and "Scousers" were not the correct answers.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 29, 2016, 4:47:04 PM10/29/16
For over 5 years. I will never spend the rest of my life spouting attention
seeking replies on a legal group. You know who I mean. So sad.
I could still take you down in a fist fight Hucker.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 29, 2016, 5:06:19 PM10/29/16
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 19:15:12 +0100, Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Okay, good luck then.
>>> A job will get you away from a keyboard and this silly cyclist
>>> group. I took part time when I retired (too) early as I was getting
>>> bored. I'm 65 in 9 days :-(
>>
>> I will use the spare cash to save for a £25000 motorhome so I can
>> spend all summer in Bosnia and Albania using cheap Diesel and food
>> like the Dutch do.
>
> Spend £25000 then save fuel ROTFPMSL!
>
> On that subject, isn't an Alfa a rather thirsty car?

Can you do what he is thinking of doing?
If so, please tell us.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 29, 2016, 7:19:18 PM10/29/16
So you left voluntarily?

> I will never spend the rest of my life spouting attention
> seeking replies on a legal group.

I do no such thing any more than you do.

> You know who I mean. So sad.
> I could still take you down in a fist fight Hucker.

I severely doubt it. I bet even your wife could beat you up.

--
Proceed to your next incarnation. Use any means available.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 29, 2016, 7:19:34 PM10/29/16
Steven loves Simon!

--
If you want a stable relationship....buy a horse.

Alycidon

Oct 29, 2016, 11:29:25 PM10/29/16
On Saturday, 29 October 2016 21:38:22 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:53:15 +0100, Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Spend £25000 then save fuel ROTFPMSL!
> >>
> >> On that subject, isn't an Alfa a rather thirsty car?
> >
> > Nope as I drive up the arris of HGVs at 56 mph and get 38 mph.
>
> 38 isn't particularly good.

Actually, 38 is more or less cock on for the 2.2JTS out of town.
Glad I didn't get the 3.2 V6.

http://www.whatmpg.co.uk/Alfa%20Romeo%20MPG%20information.html

Bod

Oct 30, 2016, 1:50:29 AM10/30/16
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:53:15 +0100, Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, 29 October 2016 20:51:06 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
>> wrote:

>>> http://eclipsejobs.recruitment-software.co.uk/vacancies/details.aspx?id=9436

>>> spend all summer in Bosnia and Albania using cheap Diesel and food
>>> like the Dutch do.
>>>
>>> Spend £25000 then save fuel ROTFPMSL!
>>>
>>> On that subject, isn't an Alfa a rather thirsty car?
>>
>> Nope as I drive up the arris of HGVs at 56 mph and get 38 mph.
>
> 38 isn't particularly good.

Damn sight more than my 22mpg.

Bod

Oct 30, 2016, 1:52:10 AM10/30/16
>What about a naked mud wrestle?

Bod

Oct 30, 2016, 1:57:39 AM10/30/16
You can almost feel the intense sexual tension between them ;-)

Bod

Oct 30, 2016, 2:00:51 AM10/30/16
Sounds good to me. Mine is a 2.2 (petrol though) and only get 22.
28 on a long run

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 30, 2016, 2:31:49 PM10/30/16
That was my original point - you bought the wrong car for economy. People are getting 80mpg nowadays.

--
In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 30, 2016, 2:33:03 PM10/30/16
Is sexual tension when you try to pull apart with this?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_captivus

--
I can kind of understand why Muslims get so frustrated.
I mean, how many more people are they going to have

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 30, 2016, 2:33:44 PM10/30/16
Would I get disqualified if the sight of his naked body caused me to vomit all over him?

--
Local police hunting the "knitting needle nutter", who has stabbed six people in the last 48 hours, believe the attacker could be following some kind of pattern.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 30, 2016, 2:34:20 PM10/30/16
You don't have an economical car either. But Simon repeatedly says he tries to save fuel. He's bought a thirsty car then drives it carefully. Insanity!

--
Peter is listening to "Ministry of Sound - The Sound of Dubstep 4"

Bod

Oct 30, 2016, 3:22:27 PM10/30/16
I'm not a penis captivus expert.

Bod

Oct 30, 2016, 3:23:38 PM10/30/16
Not sure..... check rule 6b.

Alycidon

Oct 30, 2016, 3:37:02 PM10/30/16
On Sunday, 30 October 2016 18:31:49 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> > Actually, 38 is more or less cock on for the 2.2JTS out of town.
> > Glad I didn't get the 3.2 V6.
> >
> > http://www.whatmpg.co.uk/Alfa%20Romeo%20MPG%20information.html
>
> That was my original point - you bought the wrong car for economy. People are getting 80mpg nowadays.

Not with a car that has 185 BHP you don't.

I bought my car as an Autobahn mile muncher, not a cheap runaround.

It is loading more messages.