Wanker cyclist undertakes

Mr Pounder Esquire

Feb 19, 2018, 2:31:47 PM2/19/18

MrCheerful

Feb 19, 2018, 2:34:54 PM2/19/18
On 19/02/2018 19:31, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> From Harry on the diy group.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5408529/Dramatic-footage-shows-cyclist-crashing-car.html

yep totally ignoring the very clear signal, and travelling too fast for
the conditions. I hope he has fridge freezer insurance.

Simon Jester

Feb 19, 2018, 2:42:40 PM2/19/18
On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 7:31:47 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> From Harry on the diy group.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5408529/Dramatic-footage-shows-cyclist-crashing-car.html

This would never had happened if the cyclist was wearing a helmet, "So sayeth Thompson, Rivara and Thompson"

Mr Pounder Esquire

Feb 19, 2018, 3:37:35 PM2/19/18
Cyclists can't afford insurance, or a car. That is why they ride a bicycle
in the pissing down rain from their council flats to sign on the dole.
They are truly the dregs of society.

Peter Keller

Feb 20, 2018, 4:37:13 AM2/20/18
On 20/02/18 09:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> MrCheerful wrote:
>> On 19/02/2018 19:31, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>>> From Harry on the diy group.
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5408529/Dramatic-footage-shows-cyclist-crashing-car.html
>>>

>> yep totally ignoring the very clear signal, and travelling too fast
>> for the conditions. I hope he has fridge freezer insurance.
>
> Some Cyclists can't afford insurance, or a car.

At least they get mobile on a bicycle, a very viable cheap form of
transport.

> That is why they ride a bicycle

Of course. Thy wouldd not waste their meagre resources on a
fume-belching stinking cage.

> in the pissing down rain from their council flats to sign on the dole.
> They are truly the dregs of society.

Thanks greatly for the compliment coming from YOU.

I have no fucking interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
fuckwitted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

TMS320

Feb 22, 2018, 4:43:03 AM2/22/18
In any civilised country (*) the whole point of a bike lane is that a
collision between car and bicycle in such a lane is quite plainly the
driver's fault. The car even crosses a continuous section of line. The
only issue for the victim is that it is usually better to survive than
to be in the right.

(*) Don't know about Ireland but unlikely to apply to the UK: where the
main point of installing "cycle facilities" seems to be for councils to
get "sustainable transport" grants to give their workers something to do.

Peter Keller

Feb 22, 2018, 5:06:37 AM2/22/18
Sp.
Should be "cycle farcilities"

TMS320

Feb 22, 2018, 7:04:28 AM2/22/18
I am corrected.

JNugent

Feb 22, 2018, 12:07:56 PM2/22/18
In any civilised country, the rule of the road is that traffic gives way
to traffic travelling in the same direction on its offside. It is what
leads to rules such as letting in overtaking traffic rather than
officiously budging up to prevent the move and refraining from
overtaking on the nearside.

TMS320

Feb 22, 2018, 4:14:35 PM2/22/18
On 22/02/18 17:07, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/02/2018 09:43, TMS320 wrote:

>>> yep totally ignoring the very clear signal, and travelling too fast
>>> for the conditions.  I hope he has fridge freezer insurance.
>>
>> In any civilised country (*) the whole point of a bike lane is that a
>> collision between car and bicycle in such a lane is quite plainly the
>> driver's fault. The car even crosses a continuous section of line. The
>> only issue for the victim is that it is usually better to survive than
>> to be in the right.
>>
>> (*) Don't know about Ireland but unlikely to apply to the UK: where the
>> main point of installing "cycle facilities" seems to be for councils
>> to get "sustainable transport" grants to give their workers something
>> to do.
>
> In any civilised country, the rule of the road is that traffic gives way
> to traffic travelling in the same direction on its offside.

The rule of the road is that when changing lane, you give way to anybody
in the lane you want to move into. Even in Britain it is permitted to
overtake on the inside in certain circumstances.

Like the driver in the clip you also don't seem to understand the
distinction between a solid and dotted line. If it is a bus lane next to
you you could end up far worse off than the driver in that clip.

JNugent

Feb 22, 2018, 5:56:41 PM2/22/18
On 22/02/2018 21:14, TMS320 wrote:
> On 22/02/18 17:07, JNugent wrote:

>>> In any civilised country (*) the whole point of a bike lane is that a
>>> collision between car and bicycle in such a lane is quite plainly the
>>> driver's fault. The car even crosses a continuous section of line. The
>>> only issue for the victim is that it is usually better to survive than
>>> to be in the right.
>>>
>>> (*) Don't know about Ireland but unlikely to apply to the UK: where the
>>> main point of installing "cycle facilities" seems to be for councils
>>> to get "sustainable transport" grants to give their workers something
>>> to do.
>>
>> In any civilised country, the rule of the road is that traffic gives
>> way to traffic travelling in the same direction on its offside.
>
> The rule of the road is that when changing lane, you give way to anybody
> in the lane you want to move into.

Wrong. When moving to the nearside (eg, when pulling back to the left
after overtaking), the traveller is entitled not to be overtaken on the
nerside. That's pretty basic - it isn't a race.

> Even in Britain it is permitted to
> overtake on the inside in certain circumstances.

Not on a two-way road where traffic is flowing at normal speeds.

One-way streets (including roundabouts as a special form of that) are
exceptions.

> Like the driver in the clip you also don't seem to understand the
> distinction between a solid and dotted line. If it is a bus lane next to
> you you could end up far worse off than the driver in that clip.

A solid single line does not mean that you may not cross it. There are
plenty of circumstances where you would have to do precisely that.

TMS320

Feb 23, 2018, 8:29:33 AM2/23/18
When you're on a motorway moving from L3 to L2 you have to be aware of
many things other than the person you have just overtaken. The person
you have overtaken is entitled to expect you to maintain a speed
differential so you continue to move away from them.

>> Even in Britain it is permitted to overtake on the inside in certain
>> circumstances.
>
> Not on a two-way road where traffic is flowing at normal speeds.

Making a turn is not flowing at normal speed.

> One-way streets (including roundabouts as a special form of that) are
> exceptions.
>
>> Like the driver in the clip you also don't seem to understand the
>> distinction between a solid and dotted line. If it is a bus lane next
>> to you you could end up far worse off than the driver in that clip.
>
> A solid single line does not mean that you may not cross it. There are
> plenty of circumstances where you would have to do precisely that.

Do not forget that I was talking about cycle lanes in civilised countries.

>>> It is what leads to rules such as letting in overtaking traffi

swldx...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 9:04:27 AM2/23/18
On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 1:29:33 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

> When you're on a motorway moving from L3 to L2 you have to be aware of
> many things other than the person you have just overtaken. The person
> you have overtaken is entitled to expect you to maintain a speed
> differential so you continue to move away from them.

We call them "swoopers" - idiot drivers that overtake in L3 and then turn off at the next exit. These idiots cause false jams by the catenation effect.

TMS320

Feb 23, 2018, 2:55:24 PM2/23/18
Even then, they don't tend to turn across the lanes perpendicular to the
flow.