Why average speed cameras are pointless

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 3, 2017, 8:04:43 PM9/3/17
60mph limit, SPECS cameras all the way along the road.
But there's laybys....
Stop in a layby, then you can drive faster for the rest of that camera gap.
Easy calculation, you want to drive 4/3 of the speed (eg. 80mph in a 60mph limit).
You must therefore drive for 3/4 (flip the fraction over) of the time (eg stop for 5 minutes, then drive for 15 minutes).
Fuck the law.

soup

Sep 4, 2017, 4:13:42 AM9/4/17
Why ?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 4, 2017, 4:47:13 AM9/4/17
Because Mr law abiding citizen has to drive for 4 hours.
I drive for 3 hours and get a 1 hour rest for eating sandwiches, taking a nap etc.
And I get the fun of overtaking everyone and making them wonder why I'm not getting fined.

Oh and driving at 60mph is boring, tedious, sleep inducing, and therefore dangerous.

--
Koalas feed their young through their arse.

AnthonyL

Sep 4, 2017, 7:34:21 AM9/4/17
Why bother with the layby - just stop in the road.

--
AnthonyL

Nick

Sep 4, 2017, 8:28:31 AM9/4/17
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 09:13:43 +0100, soup <cheeses...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 04/09/2017 01:04, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>>> 60mph limit, SPECS cameras all the way along the road.
>>> But there's laybys....
>>> Stop in a layby, then you can drive faster for the rest of that
>>> camera gap.
>>> Easy calculation, you want to drive 4/3 of the speed (eg. 80mph in a
>>> 60mph limit).
>>> You must therefore drive for 3/4 (flip the fraction over) of the time
>>> (eg stop for 5 minutes, then drive for 15 minutes).
>>
>> Why ?
>
> Because Mr law abiding citizen has to drive for 4 hours.
> I drive for 3 hours and get a 1 hour rest for eating sandwiches, taking
> a nap etc.

Yebut, the AIUI the averaging is done at least every 10km. So at 60 mph
that means stopping at least every 6 minutes. So at best that is 4
minutes at 90 mph with a 2 minute rest.

I suppose that is long enough for a wank if you are quick about it.

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 4, 2017, 9:04:04 AM9/4/17
Sounds good to me. I get to drive fast.

> I suppose that is long enough for a wank if you are quick about it.

--
On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the "Kung Fu Kapers" episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman with his bagpipes battling a master of the Lancastrian martial art "Eckythump", who was armed with a black pudding. After 25 minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure. His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments of life so pleasant.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Sep 4, 2017, 10:49:00 AM9/4/17
Speed cameras? LOL

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 4, 2017, 10:54:26 AM9/4/17
Whassofunny?

--
A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

bm

Sep 4, 2017, 9:01:23 PM9/4/17

"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote in message
Prick.

Peter Keller

Sep 5, 2017, 6:51:17 AM9/5/17
I would rather fuck something else.

AnthonyL

Sep 5, 2017, 7:39:42 AM9/5/17

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 5, 2017, 8:32:00 AM9/5/17
No point in holding up others.

--
Confucius say: "Boy who go to sleep with stiff problem wake up with solution in hand."

Nick Finnigan

Sep 6, 2017, 5:15:53 AM9/6/17
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 09:13:43 +0100, soup <cheeses...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 04/09/2017 01:04, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>>> 60mph limit, SPECS cameras all the way along the road.
>>> But there's laybys....
>>> Stop in a layby, then you can drive faster for the rest of that camera gap.
>>> Easy calculation, you want to drive 4/3 of the speed (eg. 80mph in a
>>> 60mph limit).
>>> You must therefore drive for 3/4 (flip the fraction over) of the time
>>> (eg stop for 5 minutes, then drive for 15 minutes).
>>
>> Why ?
>
> Because Mr law abiding citizen has to drive for 4 hours.
> I drive for 3 hours and get a 1 hour rest for eating sandwiches, taking a
> nap etc.
> And I get the fun of overtaking everyone and making them wonder why I'm not
> getting fined.

So that's working for you then, being clever ?

> Oh and driving at 60mph is boring, tedious, sleep inducing, and therefore
> dangerous.

What is this 240 mile stretch of road with specs and no HGVs ?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 6, 2017, 6:09:35 AM9/6/17
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 10:15:53 +0100, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

> On 04/09/2017 09:47, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

>>> Why ?
>>
>> Because Mr law abiding citizen has to drive for 4 hours.
>> I drive for 3 hours and get a 1 hour rest for eating sandwiches, taking a
>> nap etc.
>> And I get the fun of overtaking everyone and making them wonder why I'm not
>> getting fined.
>
> So that's working for you then, being clever ?

Yes.

>> Oh and driving at 60mph is boring, tedious, sleep inducing, and therefore
>> dangerous.
>
> What is this 240 mile stretch of road with specs and no HGVs ?

The numbers were just examples.

--
Girl with skirt up run faster than boy with trousers down!!

Simon Jester

Sep 6, 2017, 1:31:11 PM9/6/17
On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 9:47:13 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> And I get the fun of overtaking everyone and making them wonder why I'm not getting fined.

You never told us drove so many cars in so many countries,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitW2QnZOVQ

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 6, 2017, 1:43:57 PM9/6/17
Countless examples of slow people causing dangerous obstructions.

--
The combined weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the combined weight of humans.

Simon Jester

Sep 6, 2017, 2:38:04 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:43:57 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 18:31:09 +0100, Simon Jester <sj81...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 9:47:13 AM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> >
> >> And I get the fun of overtaking everyone and making them wonder why I'm not getting fined.
> >>

> > You never told us drove so many cars in so many countries,
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitW2QnZOVQ
>
> Countless examples of slow people causing dangerous obstructions.

You can't count to 35?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 6, 2017, 2:52:25 PM9/6/17
Did you really think I'd watch the entire video?

--
You wag your tail like your mother, you repugnant, hairball engorging, cat buggering, pseudo-human android spawn of a foul-smelling telephone solicitor!

Simon Jester

Sep 6, 2017, 2:57:41 PM9/6/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 7:52:25 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 19:37:59 +0100, Simon Jester <sj81...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Countless examples of slow people causing dangerous obstructions.
> >>

> > You can't count to 35?
>
> Did you really think I'd watch the entire video?

How many clips did you watch before they became 'countless' to you?
The video title clearly states 35, an number beyond your comprehension.

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 6, 2017, 3:46:26 PM9/6/17
4, and I saw there was a lot of time left to play.

> The video title clearly states 35, an number beyond your comprehension.

Why would I look at the title?

--
Sky have just won the rights to screen the first World Origami Championships from Tokyo.
Unfortunately it's only available on Paper View.

Nick Finnigan

Sep 7, 2017, 5:19:16 AM9/7/17
What is the longest stretch of single carriageway between paired SPECs
camera that you have observed ?

Simon Jester

Sep 7, 2017, 2:41:52 PM9/7/17
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 8:46:26 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 19:57:39 +0100, Simon Jester <sj81...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Did you really think I'd watch the entire video?
> >>

> > How many clips did you watch before they became 'countless' to you?
>
> 4, and I saw there was a lot of time left to play.

So you can't count beyond 4. Even the Ubber Blubber Eskimos could count to 6.

> > The video title clearly states 35, an number beyond your comprehension.
>
> Why would I look at the title?

So you can't read.

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 7, 2017, 2:51:52 PM9/7/17
No, I just don't see the point in watching it all.

>> > The video title clearly states 35, an number beyond your comprehension.
>>
>> Why would I look at the title?
>
> So you can't read.

No, I don't see the point in reading it.

--
A father buys a lie detector robot that slaps you when you lie.
He decides to test it out on his son at supper.

Simon Jester

Sep 7, 2017, 3:11:36 PM9/7/17
On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 7:51:52 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 19:40:57 +0100, Simon Jester <sj81...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> 4, and I saw there was a lot of time left to play.
> >
> > So you can't count beyond 4. Even the Ubber Blubber Eskimos could count to 6.
>
> No, I just don't see the point in watching it all.

> >> Why would I look at the title?
> >
> > So you can't read.
>
> No, I don't see the point in reading it.

You're not an alcoholic you just like the taste, right?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 7, 2017, 3:41:52 PM9/7/17
Would you call everyone who eats chocolate a chocoholic? It's quite clear to everyone that you're a dimwitted OCD moron. You can't think for yourself, you just follow instructions like a computer program. You're like Simon Mason but worse.

--
Which sexual position produces the ugliest children?
Ask your mum.

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 7, 2017, 3:44:38 PM9/7/17
I didn't measure it, but it was quite a long way. They're further apart on non-motorways.

--
Why were so many niggers killed in the Vietnam war??
Because when the sergeant said to "get down", they all got up and started dancing.

Simon Jester

Sep 7, 2017, 3:50:28 PM9/7/17
I think I touched a nerve.
You can quit anytime you want, right?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 7, 2017, 4:45:18 PM9/7/17
No, I showed you why your argument was wrong, and explained that you're a useless person. I'm waiting for your response.

--
Stupid laws, number 467: In America, it is illegal to put money in someone else's parking meter.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Sep 7, 2017, 5:30:14 PM9/7/17
Prick

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 7, 2017, 5:36:41 PM9/7/17
Like I'd pay attention to someone who cleans his driveway with a toothbrush. Dunno why you bother, you've got a rather plain concrete one.

--
I limit my Political Correctness to voting.

Peeler

Sep 7, 2017, 5:50:51 PM9/7/17
On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 22:36:36 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>>> for yourself, you just follow instructions like a computer program. You're
>>> like Simon Mason but worse.
>>
>> Prick
>
> Like I'd pay attention to someone who cleans his driveway with a
> toothbrush. Dunno why you bother, you've got a rather plain concrete
> one.

Idiot!

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

Kerr-Mudd,John

Sep 8, 2017, 4:52:07 AM9/8/17
"Mr Pounder Esquire" <mrpounder@invalid..co.uk> wrote in

[]

> Prick

Your wit is back on "sin-tell"ating form again I see.
Glad you've given up any pretence at rational though.
Or are you being forged by an even worse imitator? ITWSBT.

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 8, 2017, 5:25:39 AM9/8/17
Is ITWSBT a more complicated form of LBTS?

--
It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go "Aaaaaaagghhhh!!!!" and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.

Nick Finnigan

Sep 26, 2017, 3:53:58 PM9/26/17
Where was it ?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 26, 2017, 4:05:56 PM9/26/17
The A9.

--
I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.

Nick Finnigan

Oct 11, 2017, 4:00:45 PM10/11/17
There are supposed to be 5 to 7 km apart, so you get to spend 1 minute at
a time taking a nap.

James Wilkinson Sword

Oct 11, 2017, 4:09:50 PM10/11/17
So you just stop and have a sandwich, then get to drive really fast. Sounds worth it to me.

--
Why do niggers always have sex on their minds?
Because they have pubes on their heads.

Peter Granger

Dec 15, 2022, 7:50:29 AM12/15/22
He had your number, didn’t he, Collins? And Mason’s. Where did he go?