Cycling Tests

Simon Jester

Nov 27, 2015, 4:28:00 PM11/27/15

Shouldn't we, as cyclists, insist that anyone wishing to operate a motor vehicle on our roads pass a cycling test every 3 years?

[Dave, your ICYPFY has already been anticipated so stop being so childish]

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 5:02:25 PM11/27/15
On 27/11/2015 21:27, Simon Jester wrote:

> Shouldn't we, as cyclists, insist that anyone wishing to operate a
> motor vehicle on our roads pass a cycling test every 3 years?

Cyclists are an insignificant minority of journey makers and are
sponging freeloaders, so can't 'insist' on anything.

Motorists do pass a written and practical test of competence, whereas
any moron came ride a push bike - and indeed they do. It's cyclists who
should have to pass a test.

> [Dave, your ICYPFY has already been anticipated so stop being so
> childish]

Ironic. Someone who rides a child's toy calling me childish.

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 5:21:43 PM11/27/15
On 27/11/2015 22:04, David Hume wrote:
> Simon Jester <sj81...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Shouldn't we, as cyclists, insist that anyone wishing to operate a motor
>> vehicle on our roads pass a cycling test every 3 years?
>>

> You would have to let them use stabilizers.
>
> Why don't motorists obey the speed limit?

Because it's idiotic. The 30mph limit came in in 1934, car breaking,
steering, tyres etc have improved beyond belief, as has driver training.

Why don't cyclists obey traffic lights and the law about riding on
pavements?

Simon Jester

Nov 27, 2015, 5:25:46 PM11/27/15
On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 10:02:25 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

> Cyclists are an insignificant minority of journey makers and are
> sponging freeloaders, so can't 'insist' on anything.

Nevertheless, paved roads only exist in this country because of the Cyclists Touring Club.
Currently motoring taxes only pay for 60% of the motorway network.
If you want to use our roads you have to follow our rules.

Simon Jester

Nov 27, 2015, 5:35:49 PM11/27/15
On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 10:21:43 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
> The 30mph limit came in in 1934,

Curiously the same time that the Road Fund was abolished even though some idiots still insist on calling it Road Tax.

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 6:38:30 PM11/27/15
On 27/11/2015 22:25, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 10:02:25 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
>
>> Cyclists are an insignificant minority of journey makers and are
>> sponging freeloaders, so can't 'insist' on anything.
>>

> Nevertheless, paved roads only exist in this country because of the Cyclists Touring Club.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

What a load of old bollox.

> Currently motoring taxes only pay for 60% of the motorway network.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

£46bn paid, £9bn spent on roads.

> If you want to use our roads you have to follow our rules.

Be quiet you insignificant minority sponging freeloader.

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 6:42:14 PM11/27/15
Snickers was sold under the brand name Marathon until 1990. It's the
same chocolate bar. Changing the name of something doesn't mean it
doesn't exist.

Motorist pay £46bn a year in 'specific' 'extra' taxes to use the roads.
How much do cyclists pay?

Remember 'specific' 'extra' taxes.

Peter Keller

Nov 28, 2015, 4:53:48 AM11/28/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 22:02:26 +0000, Cycle-Ops wrote:

> any moron

It really is delightful to be labelled a moron by the Davie.

Peter Keller

Nov 28, 2015, 4:55:29 AM11/28/15
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 23:38:31 +0000, Cycle-Ops wrote:

> insignificant minority

seems to annoy you significantly.
Perhaps if you interacted more with the significant majority?