Druggie cyclist , wrong way in a one-way, another one dead.

MrCheerful

Nov 20, 2018, 4:40:40 AM11/20/18

TMS320

Nov 20, 2018, 6:24:41 AM11/20/18
On 20/11/2018 09:40, MrCheerful wrote:

One might have hoped that ad and cookie blockers would reduce the number
of posts you send.

JNugent

Nov 20, 2018, 7:26:49 AM11/20/18
One might have hoped that you and some of the other usual suspects would
be able to find it in your hearts to condemn cycling the wrong way in a
one-way street, especially when one sees this sort of outcome arising
out of it.

Sussex Police, like other forces, bears some of the responsibility for
this incident for their utter failure to enforce traffic rules on
cyclists, this allowing (some) cyclists to believe that it is acceptable
for them to behave with their usual criminal disregard for traffic law.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 20, 2018, 9:31:02 AM11/20/18
MrCheerful wrote:
> I hope he was insured, or had some assets.
>
> https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/eastbourne-cyclist-dies-in-town-centre-accident-1-8707243

Insured???????? Assets????? Cyclists are poverty filth.
My thoughts are with the driver.

TMS320

Nov 20, 2018, 9:34:45 AM11/20/18
On 20/11/2018 12:26, JNugent wrote:
> On 20/11/2018 11:24, TMS320 wrote:
>> On 20/11/2018 09:40, MrCheerful wrote:
>>
>> One might have hoped that ad and cookie blockers would reduce the
>> number of posts you send.
>
> One might have hoped that you and some of the other usual suspects would
> be able to find it in your hearts to condemn cycling the wrong way in a
> one-way street, especially when one sees this sort of outcome arising
> out of it.

Obviously you couldn't work out from the clues that I haven't read the
story. No surprises.

> Sussex Police, like other forces, bears some of the responsibility for
> this incident for their utter failure to enforce traffic rules on
> cyclists, this allowing (some) cyclists to believe that it is acceptable
> for them to behave with their usual criminal disregard for traffic law.

When enforcement has to prioritise, it needs to prioritise on
behaviour that is most productive of casualties.

Anyway, I think you will find that most road casualties occur due to a
disregard for the Laws of Physics. The problem is, that the Laws of
Physics often punish the wrong person and the law of humans often has no
effective punishment or means to punish the surviving transgressor. A
good thing then that this person, described as a "druggie" wasn't
driving a car.

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2018, 9:56:53 AM11/20/18
On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 2:34:45 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

> When enforcement has to prioritise, it needs to prioritise on
> behaviour that is most productive of casualties.

Indeed.

Hence the police are bogged down by this lot on a day to day basis and have to prioritise, as you correctly state.

Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc - ran out of space.

Simon Jester

Nov 20, 2018, 4:19:42 PM11/20/18
Current maximum dole is £71.70 per week or £3782.40 per year.
You claim you are 67 years old so you have been sponging off the tax payers for a minimum of 50 years or £186420 at the current rate. My mortgage free house is worth more than that so at least one cyclist has assets which proves you wrong.
Message has been deleted

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 21, 2018, 10:23:34 AM11/21/18
swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> I just sold my house for £180000 and am moving to a house in
> Lincolnshire that was £100000, so I have a few bob as well!

Jester seems to know all about dole, I don't.
Good luck Simon.

JNugent

Nov 21, 2018, 11:18:20 AM11/21/18
On 21/11/2018 10:50, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 9:19:42 PM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
> I just sold my house for £180000 and am moving to a house in Lincolnshire that was £100000, so I have a few bob as well!

There are only so many times you can do that.

How long will £80,000 (less fees and costs) last?

Four years? Less?

JNugent

Nov 21, 2018, 11:31:34 AM11/21/18
Whoever it was (Jester, I expect) who said that "maximum dole" is £71.70
a week was simply wrong. Fancy that.

The current JSA (contributory) rate for a single person of at least 25
is £73.10, so it is more than was stated. But that is not the maximum
either.

The maximum benefit rate outside London is £20,000 a year for a "family"
(defined in several different ways) and £13,400 for a single adult.

That's £384.62 and £257.69 a week respectively.

In London the equivalents are a little higher (by 15%):

£23,000 (= £442.31 pw) and £15,410 (= £296.35 pw) respectively.

There is no benefit scale rate currently standing at £71.70 a week.

<https://www.turn2us.org.uk/About-Us/News/Benefit-Rates-2018>

<https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/benefit-cap-amounts>

MrCheerful

Nov 21, 2018, 12:22:54 PM11/21/18
he has a half million pound pension pot, don't forget that.

Simon Jester

Nov 21, 2018, 1:11:49 PM11/21/18
On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 4:31:34 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 21/11/2018 15:23, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> > swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> I just sold my house for £180000 and am moving to a house in
> >> Lincolnshire that was £100000, so I have a few bob as well!
> >
> > Jester seems to know all about dole, I don't.
> > Good luck Simon.
>
> Whoever it was (Jester, I expect)

Nice to know you are thinking of me.
I have not read the rest of your post because it can be summed up as 'It was the cyclist's fault'.
Message has been deleted

JNugent

Nov 21, 2018, 2:14:10 PM11/21/18
No, it was just your fault. No other cyclists were involved.

Simon Jester

Nov 21, 2018, 2:41:39 PM11/21/18
Define cyclist.

JNugent

Nov 21, 2018, 6:57:29 PM11/21/18
Don't you know what a cyclist is?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 22, 2018, 6:23:34 AM11/22/18
swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 3:23:34 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:
>
>> Good luck Simon.
>
> Cheers.
> I'm in my 60's now, don't want a job, so downsized OK and am enjoying
> life with my BP pension pot and PIP payments to live on. Plus I get
> free car tax as well, as my car is for a registered disabled person.

I assume that you are still riding a bicycle?
How can you be a registered disabled person if you can ride a bicycle?

MrCheerful

Nov 22, 2018, 7:08:48 AM11/22/18
usual MO for a cyclist, ponce off everyone else.
Message has been deleted

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 22, 2018, 8:25:35 AM11/22/18
swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 11:23:34 AM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Cheers.
>>> I'm in my 60's now, don't want a job, so downsized OK and am
>>> enjoying life with my BP pension pot and PIP payments to live on.
>>> Plus I get free car tax as well, as my car is for a registered
>>> disabled person.
>>
>> I assume that you are still riding a bicycle?
>
> Now and again.
>
>> How can you be a registered disabled person if you can ride a
>> bicycle?
>
> I was sectioned under mental health - it does not have to be physical.

Thus you are capable of driving a car and riding a bicycle - which is a road
vehicle.
I can't understand how you get this PIP thing and free car tax if you can do
the above.
I'm not being horrible.

MrCheerful

Nov 22, 2018, 8:50:12 AM11/22/18
should suicidal people have driving licences would be a very serious
question to be raised. Disabled car benefits only arise when walking is
a serious problem, as Simon's was self inflicted he should not be
eligible, and should repay his debt to the NHS out of all this money he has.
Message has been deleted

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 22, 2018, 9:00:43 AM11/22/18
Indeed. But Simon is not the biggest cycling wanker in this group.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 22, 2018, 9:05:27 AM11/22/18
Simon, you snipped my question and posted a link to a poor lady.
Would you care to anwer my question?

Message has been deleted

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 22, 2018, 9:59:18 AM11/22/18
swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 2:05:27 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
> I do not get a disabled badge or car as I do not qualify for those,
> if that is what you mean.

But, you free "car tax". Cyclists tell me that car tax does not exist.
You get this PIP thing.
Yet, you can still drive a car and ride a bicycle. I just can't see the
disability.
And, I don't understand.

Message has been deleted

Simon Jester

Nov 22, 2018, 3:04:53 PM11/22/18
it's Road Tax that was abolished in the 1930's, not Car Tax.
Glad you agree that Car Tax has nothing to do with road funding.

> You get this PIP thing.
> Yet, you can still drive a car and ride a bicycle. I just can't see the
> disability.

Maybe, like you, he is mentally disabled.

> And, I don't understand.

Point proven.

TMS320

Nov 23, 2018, 12:37:55 PM11/23/18
On 22/11/2018 11:23, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> How can you be a registered disabled person if you can ride a bicycle?

Why not?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 23, 2018, 1:30:10 PM11/23/18
Care to answer my question?

MrCheerful

Nov 23, 2018, 2:13:17 PM11/23/18
many cyclists are mentally disabled
Message has been deleted

TMS320

Nov 23, 2018, 3:08:59 PM11/23/18
On 23/11/2018 18:29, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The answer is that it is perfectly possible for someone with parts
missing or not functional to ride a bike. Now answer mine.

TMS320

Nov 23, 2018, 3:26:57 PM11/23/18
> many cyclists are mentally disabled...

...but most still have the mental wherewithal that you and Pounder lack.

A few years ago I was invited to be a bike mechanic by a charity that
takes people with "learning difficulties" out on rides. I expect that if
they are doing something they enjoy it is good for them.
Message has been deleted

JNugent

Nov 24, 2018, 2:21:36 PM11/24/18
On this occasion, it is easy to agree with the implication of your
question, and you are right to highlight your area of concern.

"Disabled" has many definitions, and cyclists in the UK might well, for
instance, live with one or more of the following list of disabilities
(gleaned from
<https://www.gov.uk/when-mental-health-condition-becomes-disability>):

QUOTE:
When a mental health condition becomes a disability
A mental health condition is considered a disability if it has a
long-term effect on your normal day-to-day activity. This is defined
under the Equality Act 2010.

Your condition is ‘long term’ if it lasts, or is likely to last, 12 months.

‘Normal day-to-day activity’ is defined as something you do regularly in
a normal day. This includes things like using a computer, working set
times or interacting with people.

If your mental health condition means you are disabled you can get
support at work from your employer.

There are many different types of mental health condition which can lead
to a disability, including:

dementia
depression
bipolar disorder
obsessive compulsive disorder
schizophrenia
The Mind website has more help and guidance.
ENDQUOTE

The "Mind website" can be found at: <https://www.mind.org.uk/>

JNugent

Nov 24, 2018, 2:22:51 PM11/24/18
On 23/11/2018 22:07, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 8:26:57 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
>
>> A few years ago I was invited to be a bike mechanic by a charity that
>> takes people with "learning difficulties" out on rides. I expect that if
>> they are doing something they enjoy it is good for them.
>
> We even have a local cycling club for the blind.
>
> https://www.sightsupport.org/services/clubs-and-groups/beech-holme-tandem-club

Thank you. That answers several questions in one go.