Endurance athlete cycles round the world in less than 80 days

Bod

Sep 19, 2017, 12:00:00 AM9/19/17
A British ultra-endurance cyclist has circumnavigated the globe in 79
days - beating the previous record by 44 days.

The gruelling challenge involved cycling for 18 hours a day, with Mr
Beaumont burning 9,000 calories every 24 hours.

http://news.sky.com/story/endurance-athlete-cycles-round-the-world-in-less-than-80-days-11042589
--
Bod

JNugent

Sep 19, 2017, 9:04:33 AM9/19/17
Is there anything in the story about the route taken?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 19, 2017, 9:18:00 AM9/19/17
123 days to 79 days, that's a hell of a record breaker.

--
Confucius say: "Boy who go to sleep with stiff problem wake up with solution in hand."

Bod

Sep 19, 2017, 9:22:55 AM9/19/17
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 04:59:59 +0100, Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> A British ultra-endurance cyclist has circumnavigated the globe in 79
>> days - beating the previous record by 44 days.
>>
>> The gruelling challenge involved cycling for 18 hours a day, with Mr
>> Beaumont burning 9,000 calories every 24 hours.
>>
>> http://news.sky.com/story/endurance-athlete-cycles-round-the-world-in-less-than-80-days-11042589
>>

> 123 days to 79 days, that's a hell of a record breaker.

You're not kidding. That'll be hard to beat, I bet.

--
Bod

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 19, 2017, 10:26:12 AM9/19/17
He must have tremendous thighs ;-)

--
The remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served us nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. -- Calvin Trillin

Bod

Sep 19, 2017, 10:38:07 AM9/19/17
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 14:22:55 +0100, Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> 123 days to 79 days, that's a hell of a record breaker.
>>>
>> You're not kidding. That'll be hard to beat, I bet.
>
> He must have tremendous thighs ;-)

You're a leg man then? ;-)

--
Bod

Peeler

Sep 19, 2017, 11:43:14 AM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 14:17:54 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> A British ultra-endurance cyclist has circumnavigated the globe in 79
>> days - beating the previous record by 44 days.
>>
>> The gruelling challenge involved cycling for 18 hours a day, with Mr
>> Beaumont burning 9,000 calories every 24 hours.
>>
>> http://news.sky.com/story/endurance-athlete-cycles-round-the-world-in-less-than-80-days-11042589
>
> 123 days to 79 days, that's a hell of a record breaker.

"Beaumont"? How "British" indeed! <BG>

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's cleverness:
"I'm clever enough to know a bin is not a large fire."

Incubus

Sep 19, 2017, 11:43:23 AM9/19/17
On 19/09/2017 04:59, Bod wrote:
Did he have a front brake installed?

Peeler

Sep 19, 2017, 11:43:33 AM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:26:06 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>>> 123 days to 79 days, that's a hell of a record breaker.
>>>
>> You're not kidding. That'll be hard to beat, I bet.
>
> He must have tremendous thighs ;-)

You sound like you will wank off at the thought of those "tremendous
thighs", you chronic wanker.

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a wanker:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave

MrCheerful

Sep 19, 2017, 12:27:45 PM9/19/17
He would need a propellor or sails and rudder,

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 19, 2017, 12:32:25 PM9/19/17
Simon Mason is. I prefer breasts.

--
A woman sends her clothing out to the Chinese laundry. When it comes back there are still stains in her panties. The next week she encloses a note to the Chinaman that says, "Use more soap on panties."
This goes on for several weeks, the woman sending the same note to the laundry.

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 19, 2017, 12:33:05 PM9/19/17
What are those for? To compensate for stupid pedestrians who don't look the fuck where they're going?

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 19, 2017, 12:33:20 PM9/19/17
Or lots of baked beans.

--
Please tell your pants it's not polite to point.

Peter Parry

Sep 19, 2017, 12:37:25 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 14:04:33 +0100, JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

>Is there anything in the story about the route taken?

http://www.artemisworldcycle.com/the-challenge/around-the-world-route-map/

Peeler

Sep 19, 2017, 1:00:57 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:32:21 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> You're a leg man then? ;-)
>
> Simon Mason is. I prefer breasts.

You won't get either, wanker!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."

Peeler

Sep 19, 2017, 1:02:03 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:33:17 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> He would need a propellor or sails and rudder,
>
> Or lots of baked beans.

Or an idiot like you behind him, blathering constantly!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"If you ask me a question, I don't reply before you've asked it."

Peeler

Sep 19, 2017, 1:02:48 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:33:03 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> Did he have a front brake installed?
>
> What are those for? To compensate for stupid pedestrians who don't look
> the fuck where they're going?

Idiot! <tsk>

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) endless idiotic
drivel:

Bod

Sep 19, 2017, 1:57:42 PM9/19/17
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:38:06 +0100, Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> He must have tremendous thighs ;-)
>>>
>> You're a leg man then?  ;-)
>
> Simon Mason is.  I prefer breasts.

On men!?

--
Bod

James Wilkinson Sword

Sep 19, 2017, 2:09:31 PM9/19/17
You're putting words into my mouth!

--
Listerine was invented in the 19th century as powerful surgical antiseptic. It was later sold, in a very distilled form, as both a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea. But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution to "chronic halitosis", the faux medical term that the Listerine advertising group created in 1921 to describe bad breath. By creating a "medical condition" for which consumers now felt they needed a cure, Listerine created the market for their mouthwash. Until that time, bad breath was not conventionally considered catastrophic, but Listerine's ad campaign changed that. In just seven years, the company's revenues rose from $115,000 to more than $8 million.

Peeler

Sep 19, 2017, 2:45:20 PM9/19/17
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:09:27 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> On men!?
>
> You're putting words into my mouth!

And you sure keep sucking on them, wanker!

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" at work:
"If you need a speed limit sign to tell you how fast is safe to drive on a

JNugent

Sep 19, 2017, 8:31:58 PM9/19/17
About 50:50 on land and in the air?