drunk cyclist caught climbing level crossing barriers

MrCheerful

Mar 17, 2018, 3:46:51 AM3/17/18

Simon Jester

Mar 17, 2018, 6:01:57 AM3/17/18
On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:46:51 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5511285/Impatient-cyclist-narrowly-escapes-hit-train.html

No cyclist in that video, just a pedestrian with a bicycle that may or may not have belonged to him.
What I am curious about is why the police, having stopped in the road, decided to pick their car up and move it sideways onto the pavement.

Simon Jester

Mar 17, 2018, 9:04:59 AM3/17/18
On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:46:51 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5511285/Impatient-cyclist-narrowly-escapes-hit-train.html

I am surprised Nugent has not replied telling us that if we had implemented the Freak-Noddy system where trains have to stop at level crossing whilst the driver operates a 'manual device', then this would not have happened.
Alternatively we could use Nugent's other idea that we close all level crossings to trains and make rail companies dig tunnels underneath them.

JNugent

Mar 17, 2018, 9:16:26 AM3/17/18
On 17/03/2018 10:01, Simon Jester wrote:

> On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:46:51 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:

>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5511285/Impatient-cyclist-narrowly-escapes-hit-train.html
>
> No cyclist in that video, just a pedestrian with a bicycle that may or may not have belonged to him.

<FX: Raises eyes to Heaven>

Can you not think of an even sillier defence of that criminal?

You MUST be able to... go on... have a try... if anyone can do it, it's you.

Bret Cahill

Mar 19, 2018, 1:39:45 AM3/19/18
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5511285/Impatient-cyclist-narrowly-escapes-hit-train.html

In that amount of time I could have gotten an entire aircraft carrier group across the border -- no water.