Govt passing distance petition

Alycidon

May 2, 2016, 12:46:23 PM5/2/16

Tosspot

May 2, 2016, 3:59:24 PM5/2/16
On 02/05/16 17:46, Alycidon wrote:
> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128190

It isn't going anywhere. Nobody really cares.

Alycidon

May 2, 2016, 4:15:37 PM5/2/16
What?
It was 4200 a few hours ago. Now over 5000.

JNugent

May 2, 2016, 6:34:31 PM5/2/16
It still isn't going anywhere.

Nobody important cares.

doug

May 2, 2016, 7:08:29 PM5/2/16
On Monday, 2 May 2016 17:46:23 UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:
> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128190

It's funny that they don't give the same clearance when passing a pedestrian on the footway.

They also don't seem to need so much clearance when they pass motor vehicles.

Alycidon

May 3, 2016, 2:27:52 AM5/3/16

MrCheerful

May 3, 2016, 2:47:45 AM5/3/16
Is it a cycle path?

Alycidon

May 3, 2016, 3:43:41 AM5/3/16
Now over 6000.

colwyn

May 3, 2016, 5:20:57 AM5/3/16
Averaging 100 signatures every hour - so far!
5 month 26 days to go (432000 possibles)

Alycidon

May 3, 2016, 5:30:47 AM5/3/16
This one seems to be struggling. :-)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/112220

JNugent

May 3, 2016, 6:42:44 AM5/3/16
So Doug was successful!

Network Rail now not only allow cycling along railway platforms but they
have marked out cycle lanes as well.

JNugent

May 3, 2016, 6:43:02 AM5/3/16
Snap. My thought exactly.

Tony Dragon

May 3, 2016, 1:35:01 PM5/3/16
On 03/05/2016 07:27, Alycidon wrote:
Is it to stop cyclist passing pedestrians on the footway?

---

Rob Morley

May 3, 2016, 2:05:17 PM5/3/16
On Mon, 2 May 2016 09:46:22 -0700 (PDT)
Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128190

I'm not sure that we need additional legislation[1] and even if it is a
good idea I'm not sure that the suggested distances are appropriate.

[1] We would probably benefit from more enforcement of existing
legislation against careless and inconsiderate driving, phone use etc.

MrCheerful

May 3, 2016, 2:26:29 PM5/3/16
Drivers would take more care around cyclists if cyclists behaved
themselves better, and pro. cyclists agree.

Alycidon

May 3, 2016, 2:40:56 PM5/3/16
What chance is there if the RAC shows pictures like this?

https://twitter.com/RAC_Breakdown/status/727521605350387712

JNugent

May 3, 2016, 8:02:57 PM5/3/16
What's wrong with the photograph?

MrCheerful

May 4, 2016, 4:30:00 AM5/4/16
They are too thick to realise that it is a 'breakdown status' report
that is being looked at, therefore the car is stopped because it is
broken down, and therefore there is no crime being committed related to
the handheld device.

JNugent

May 4, 2016, 4:31:43 AM5/4/16
That was my thought precisely.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

May 4, 2016, 5:40:03 AM5/4/16
all carried a D-lock and demonstrated their willingness to use it.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

Nick

May 4, 2016, 1:50:08 PM5/4/16
On 02/05/2016 17:46, Alycidon wrote:
> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128190

I've signed.

9540 Almost at the point where it requires a government response.

Alycidon

May 4, 2016, 1:59:44 PM5/4/16
Not bad for less than a week - who said it was a dead duck?