Tax By Noise

Bret Cahill

Jun 25, 2017, 2:48:03 AM6/25/17
Put decibel meters in intersections and photograph anyone over 70 dB.

Then send the offender a bill.

A simple elegant way to solve all problems.

Bret Cahill

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2017, 3:03:40 AM6/25/17
Electric cars go free.

Bret Cahill

Jun 25, 2017, 3:32:07 AM6/25/17
> > Put decibel meters in intersections and photograph anyone over 70 dB.

> > Then send the offender a bill.

> > A simple elegant way to solve all problems.

> > Bret Cahill

> Electric cars go free.

For awhile anyway.

Then we start taxing the space they occupy.

Bret Cahill

"The world revolves, not around the inventors of new noises, but around the inventors of new values. It revolves _inaudibly_."

-- Nietzsche

James Wilkinson Sword

Jul 1, 2017, 8:18:23 PM7/1/17
Police are too stupid to do that. They got me into trouble for a small hole in my exhaust because of "pollution". When I asked them to do something about much louder cars with deliberately fat exhausts, they said it's not a criminal offence, the council has to do them for noise pollution. I told them to get their priorities straight.

--
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jul 1, 2017, 8:18:42 PM7/1/17
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 08:32:04 +0100, Bret Cahill <bretc...@aol.com> wrote:

>> > Put decibel meters in intersections and photograph anyone over 70 dB.
>
>> > Then send the offender a bill.
>
>> > A simple elegant way to solve all problems.
>
>> > Bret Cahill
>
>> Electric cars go free.
>
> For awhile anyway.
>
> Then we start taxing the space they occupy.

Or hopefully motorists are never taxed again.

--
Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: "Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."