Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

sp...@potato.field

Jun 23, 2017, 4:46:14 AM6/23/17
What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters causing
trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of the
cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

--
Spud

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 5:36:10 AM6/23/17
We get those jams in Yorkshire too!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_ZjzdoXcAEPk_Z.jpg

TMS320

Jun 23, 2017, 5:46:54 AM6/23/17
On 23/06/17 09:46, sp...@potato.field wrote:
> What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
> a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
> dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
> traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters..

Some kind of "time trial" perhaps. If some people like to call it a
"race" it is a matter of opinion but there is a legal distinction.

> ... causing
> trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of the
> cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
> organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

I don't believe permission is needed to ride a bicycle.

I will accept that what you describe is annoying and maybe the law needs
tweaking but I don't understand why anyone thinks that riding on such a
fast, busy road embodies an idea of fun.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 23, 2017, 8:29:55 AM6/23/17
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:46:52 +0100
TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 23/06/17 09:46, sp...@potato.field wrote:
>> What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
>> a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
>> dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
>> traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters..
>
>Some kind of "time trial" perhaps. If some people like to call it a
>"race" it is a matter of opinion but there is a legal distinction.

No idea, end result for drivers is the same.

>> ... causing
>> trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of
>the
>> cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
>> organise and shame on whoever gave permission.
>
>I don't believe permission is needed to ride a bicycle.

Perhaps its time to ban bicycles from all roads where the national speed limit
applies, not just motorways.

>I will accept that what you describe is annoying and maybe the law needs
>tweaking but I don't understand why anyone thinks that riding on such a
>fast, busy road embodies an idea of fun.

Like most people I occasionally ride a bike for leisure but you sure as hell
wouldn't get me riding on that road for any money. Its a motorway in all but
name.

--
Spud

TMS320

Jun 23, 2017, 12:05:37 PM6/23/17
On 23/06/17 13:29, sp...@potato.field wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:46:52 +0100 TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't believe permission is needed to ride a bicycle.
>
> Perhaps its time to ban bicycles from all roads where the national
> speed limit applies, not just motorways.

Major problem - single track country lanes are NSL, even if the
practical limit is often just 25mph; for the cross country traveller
there are major A roads with sections that genuinely have no minor road
alternative.

Tony Dragon

Jun 23, 2017, 6:24:56 PM6/23/17
In the past we have been told that you can not ban cyclists from roads.

Are they allowed in the Hindhead Tunnel?

---

JNugent

Jun 23, 2017, 7:26:23 PM6/23/17
On 23/06/2017 23:24, Tony Dragon wrote:
> On 23-Jun-17 9:46 AM, sp...@potato.field wrote:
>> What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
>> a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the
>> main
>> dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car
>> and truck
>> traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred
>> meters causing
>> trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of
>> braking of the
>> cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
>> organise and shame on whoever gave permission.
>>

> In the past we have been told that you can not ban cyclists from roads.
>
> Are they allowed in the Hindhead Tunnel?

Or the Mersey Tunnels?

The Dartford Tunnels (and bridge)?

The Blackwall Tunnels?

How about the Tyne Tunnel(s) (I ask that not knowing what the answer is)?

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2017, 8:16:30 AM6/24/17
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 10:46:54 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

> I will accept that what you describe is annoying and maybe the law needs
> tweaking but I don't understand why anyone thinks that riding on such a
> fast, busy road embodies an idea of fun.

THIS is fun!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDFetxPXUAACSbj.jpg

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 24, 2017, 11:18:15 AM6/24/17
Fuck off you health and softy twat.

--
Up until 1948 there was a gold medal for town planning in the Olympics.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 24, 2017, 11:18:50 AM6/24/17
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 23:24:53 +0100, Tony Dragon <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 23-Jun-17 9:46 AM, sp...@potato.field wrote:
>> What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
>> a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
>> dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
>> traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters causing
>> trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of the
>> cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
>> organise and shame on whoever gave permission.
>
> In the past we have been told that you can not ban cyclists from roads.

Running races try to ban runners too, but they can't, as it's public land.

--
People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

fredal...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2017, 12:41:40 PM6/24/17
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:24:56 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
> On 23-Jun-17 9:46 AM, sp...@potato.field wrote:
> > What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
> > a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
> > dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
> > traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters causing
> > trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of the
> > cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
> > organise and shame on whoever gave permission.
> >

> In the past we have been told that you can not ban cyclists from roads.

Please cite the relevant post.

> Are they allowed in the Hindhead Tunnel?

I am guessing not, but why would they want to when the tunnel cyclists paid for has created a more pleasant alternative.

fredal...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2017, 12:44:50 PM6/24/17
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 12:26:23 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 23/06/2017 23:24, Tony Dragon wrote:
> > On 23-Jun-17 9:46 AM, sp...@potato.field wrote:
> >> What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
> >> a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the
> >> main
> >> dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car
> >> and truck
> >> traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred
> >> meters causing
> >> trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of
> >> braking of the
> >> cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
> >> organise and shame on whoever gave permission.
> >>

> > In the past we have been told that you can not ban cyclists from roads.
> >
> > Are they allowed in the Hindhead Tunnel?
>
> Or the Mersey Tunnels?

Yes.

> The Dartford Tunnels (and bridge)?

No

> The Blackwall Tunnels?

No

> How about the Tyne Tunnel(s) (I ask that not knowing what the answer is)?

So why ask?

JNugent

Jun 25, 2017, 7:52:07 AM6/25/17
On 24/06/2017 17:44, fredal...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 12:26:23 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> In the past we have been told that you can not ban cyclists from roads.
>>>
>>> Are they allowed in the Hindhead Tunnel?
>>
>> Or the Mersey Tunnels?
>
> Yes.

Wrong (again).

QUOTE (from the Mersey Tunnels website):
Bicycles are not permitted through the Kingsway Tunnel. Through the
Queensway Tunnel, they are not allowed between the hours of 6:00am to
8:00pm, Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 8:00pm on Saturday and 8:00am to
9:00pm on Sunday.
ENDQUOTE

The "Kingsway Tunnel" is, in fact, two tunnels (dual carriageway
connecting A59 with the M53, via an all purpose Road in Wirral on which
cycling is prohibited).

The Queensway Tunnel is the "old" (single-carriageway)
Liverpool-Birkenhead route joing the A57/A59 junction with the A41 on
the Wirral side.

You are welcome to cycle through that tunnel when it's not busy with
proper traffic, but remember, it is one tunnel, not plural "tunnels".

>> The Dartford Tunnels (and bridge)?

> No

>> The Blackwall Tunnels?

> No
>
>> How about the Tyne Tunnel(s) (I ask that not knowing what the answer is)?
>
> So why ask?

In order to find out.

Was that too difficult for you?

Here's the answer:

The "Tyne Tunnel" is the name for the 1960s-built road tunnels
(dual-carriageway) under the Tyne to the east of Newcastle. The tunnels
form part of the A19, though there was a period (back in the 1970s) when
the A1 was routed via those tunnels and over part of what is now (part
of) the A19. But the A1 now passes through Newcastle city centre again.
Cycling is not permitted on the A19 as it passes under the Tyne through
the Tyne Tunnel(s).

There is also a separate pair of amall-bore tunnels, opened in 1951, one
for pedestrians and one in which cyclists are tolerated.

Both of theose have been closed for more than four years (that alone
shows you how important they are) and will not be re-opened until next
spring (2018) at a minimum. It might be later than that. It has already
been postponed from summer 2017.

fredal...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2017, 9:21:25 AM6/25/17
A single main bore with side tunnels on both sides of the river, so it's tunnels plural.

> >> The Dartford Tunnels (and bridge)?
>
> > No
>
> >> The Blackwall Tunnels?
>
> > No
> >
> >> How about the Tyne Tunnel(s) (I ask that not knowing what the answer is)?
> >
> > So why ask?
>
> In order to find out.

So do some research.

> Was that too difficult for you?
>
> Here's the answer:
>
> The "Tyne Tunnel" is the name for the 1960s-built road tunnels
> (dual-carriageway) under the Tyne to the east of Newcastle. The tunnels
> form part of the A19, though there was a period (back in the 1970s) when
> the A1 was routed via those tunnels and over part of what is now (part
> of) the A19. But the A1 now passes through Newcastle city centre again.
> Cycling is not permitted on the A19 as it passes under the Tyne through
> the Tyne Tunnel(s).
>
> There is also a separate pair of amall-bore tunnels, opened in 1951, one
> for pedestrians and one in which cyclists are tolerated.
>
> Both of theose have been closed for more than four years (that alone
> shows you how important they are) and will not be re-opened until next
> spring (2018) at a minimum. It might be later than that. It has already
> been postponed from summer 2017.

Was that too difficult?

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 4:28:21 AM6/26/17
On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 16:18:13 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:46:12 +0100, <sp...@potato.field> wrote:
>
>> What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
>> a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
>> dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
>> traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters
>causing
>> trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of
>the
>> cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
>> organise and shame on whoever gave permission.
>
>Fuck off you health and softy twat.

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

--
Spud

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 4:29:25 AM6/26/17
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:05:35 +0100
TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 23/06/17 13:29, sp...@potato.field wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:46:52 +0100 TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I don't believe permission is needed to ride a bicycle.
>>
>> Perhaps its time to ban bicycles from all roads where the national
>> speed limit applies, not just motorways.
>
>Major problem - single track country lanes are NSL, even if the
>practical limit is often just 25mph; for the cross country traveller

Good point. Perhaps just a ban from dual carriageways then where vehicles
routinely manage the NSL.

>there are major A roads with sections that genuinely have no minor road
>alternative.

There are always alternatives, it just depends how much of a detour you're
willing to take.

--
Spud

TMS320

Jun 26, 2017, 6:05:38 AM6/26/17
There is a matter of reasonableness. 30 miles to avoid a mile or two
between two junctions can hardly be considered reasonable. Particularly
when a road gets built or upgraded which cuts off past access.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 7:05:28 AM6/26/17
So what? The cyclist chooses to enter the race, the cyclist decides what risks to take. If he thinks the roads are too dangerous for bicycles, he doesn't enter.

--
An old black-and-white photograph of a man milking a cow was sent to a photo-finishing company.
The man was sitting behind the cow, and all that was visible of him were his legs and feet.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 7:12:51 AM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:05:25 +0100
And in the meantime vehicles are having to swerve in and out dangerously
often just because a bunch of dickheads want to have a little race.

--
Spud

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 7:21:58 AM6/26/17
Are you incapable of an overtaking manoeuvre? You don't swerve dangerously, you get held up. The only thing you can possibly complain about is being held up. If the driver swerves dangerously, it's the driver at fault.

--
An airliner was having engine trouble, and the pilot instructed the cabin crew to have the passengers take their seats and get prepared for an emergency landing.
A few minutes later, the pilot asked the flight attendants if everyone was buckled in and ready.

JNugent

Jun 26, 2017, 8:02:16 AM6/26/17
Thirty miles instead of a mile?

Most people can agree with that objection, but are there any examples of
it happening (other than maybe an estuarial crossing being temporarily
closed)?

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 8:12:28 AM6/26/17
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:28:21 AM UTC+1, sp...@potato.field wrote:

> Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
> quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
> manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
> family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

Due care and manslaughter?

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 8:14:40 AM6/26/17
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:28:21 AM UTC+1, sp...@potato.field wrote:

> Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
> quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
> manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
> family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

Sir Brad a had armed policemen on the A63, so bring it on Fatso.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/bradley-wiggins-wins-hull-10mi-tt-but-misses-out-on-record-172007

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 8:15:14 AM6/26/17

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 8:15:40 AM6/26/17

MrCheerful

Jun 26, 2017, 8:23:16 AM6/26/17
just ban racing on the roads, problem solved, a dozen or so lives saved
per year, plus 12 million quid or so that doesn't get taken from the tax
paying public, and millions of man hours saved from being stuck in
traffic hold ups caused by the races and their crashes.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 8:26:53 AM6/26/17
"Bayern-Runfahrt" - [titter]

--
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's fun and games that you can't see anymore.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 8:27:20 AM6/26/17
Is Brad a target or something?

--
Three guys go to a ski lodge, and there aren't enough rooms, so they have to share a bed. In the middle of the night, the guy on the right wakes up and says, "I had this wild, vivid dream of getting a hand job!" The guy on the left wakes up, and unbelievably, he's had the same dream, too. Then the guy in the middle wakes up and says, "That's funny, I dreamt I was skiing!"

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 8:27:54 AM6/26/17
Indeed - driving without being able to see your stopping distance ahead.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 8:50:16 AM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:21:54 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:12:49 +0100, <sp...@potato.field> wrote:
>> And in the meantime vehicles are having to swerve in and out dangerously
>> often just because a bunch of dickheads want to have a little race.
>
>Are you incapable of an overtaking manoeuvre? You don't swerve dangerously,
>you get held up. The only thing you can possibly complain about is being held
>up. If the driver swerves dangerously, it's the driver at fault.

Coming around a bend on an NSL dual carraigeway you don't expect to see an
idiot in lycra with a silly helmet doing 15mph. Its bad enough for cars to
manouvre past them, but try telling the truckers why they have to come to a
virtual stop every few hundred metres and then try and pull out into 70mph
traffic, or failing that just stay in the outside line and cause a couple of
mile tailback.

So explain to me again how these fuckwits can justify holding a bike race on
the A3 in the middle of the fecking week?

--
Spud

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 8:57:26 AM6/26/17
You are driving along not being able to stop for an unknown obstacle in the road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual carriageways have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not tight corners like B roads.

And what's this NSL? No speed limit? I think you'll find there is one, it's 70.

--
Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 10:16:07 AM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:57:23 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>You are driving along not being able to stop for an unknown obstacle in the
>road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual carriageways
>have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not tight corners like B roads.
>
>And what's this NSL? No speed limit? I think you'll find there is one, it's

National Speed Limit you dribbling cretin. And you're telling me to take my
test again?? Perhaps you should take yours in the first place. Clearly you
know the square root of fuck all clue about driving. Stick to your little
pedal bike.

--
Spud

TMS320

Jun 26, 2017, 10:19:17 AM6/26/17
My only personal experience is that an alternative to going to the next
junction can sometimes look an awfully long way round on the map. What
I will say to someone looking at it with a detached view to be aware
that some avoidance routes suggested by Google maps can involve unmade
roads on private property.

> (other than maybe an estuarial crossing being temporarily
> closed)?

You have asked about water crossings previously. A major dual
carriageway over or under water is unlikely to have closed an historical
route previously accessable on foot or bicycle. Where a ban on riding a
bike has been placed on such crossings (so long as the ban was placed
from the time the crossing was first opened to the public), it won't
have taken anything away from what existed previously.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 10:20:11 AM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:57:23 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual carriageways
>have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not tight corners like B roads.

Like this for example?

https://goo.gl/maps/FAFt7Pg9ep52

--
Spud

JNugent

Jun 26, 2017, 10:26:14 AM6/26/17
I would never suggest that anyone trespass on private property.

>> (other than maybe an estuarial crossing being temporarily closed)?

> You have asked about water crossings previously. A major dual
> carriageway over or under water is unlikely to have closed an historical
> route previously accessable on foot or bicycle.

I mentioned it specifically because of the four-year-long (so far)
closure (for refurbishment) of the Tyne pedestrian and cycle tunnels
(not due to re-open for another year).

It is very much an exception, though, I'm sure we can agree on that.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 10:34:49 AM6/26/17
Acronyms are not a requirement of driving.

--
In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick thicker than his thumb. Hence we have the "rule of thumb".

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 10:36:17 AM6/26/17
Yes, I can see far enough to be able to stop. If you can't, try driving slower until you can. What do you do if there's a blown tyre in the road? What do you do if someone broke down or crashed? Just pile into them?

--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 11:09:14 AM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:34:46 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:16:05 +0100, <sp...@potato.field> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:57:23 +0100
>> "James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>>> You are driving along not being able to stop for an unknown obstacle in the
>>> road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual carriageways
>>> have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not tight corners like B
>roads.
>>>
>>> And what's this NSL? No speed limit? I think you'll find there is one,
>it's
>>
>> National Speed Limit you dribbling cretin. And you're telling me to take my
>> test again?? Perhaps you should take yours in the first place. Clearly you
>> know the square root of fuck all clue about driving. Stick to your little
>> pedal bike.
>
>Acronyms are not a requirement of driving.

What, like MoT? Just admit you don't have a license and are clueless and move
on.

>Yes, I can see far enough to be able to stop.

You stated dual carraigeways don't have tight corners. I simply proved
otherwise.

Any further ways in which you wish to make a fool of yourself or are you done
for today?

--
Spud

JNugent

Jun 26, 2017, 11:17:07 AM6/26/17
<sp...@potato.field> wrote:

> "James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:

>> road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual
>> carriageways have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not
>> tight corners like B roads.

> Like this for example?
> https://goo.gl/maps/FAFt7Pg9ep52

Is that the bit of A3 where the cycle racing was taking place? It's got
to be the worst and most congested stretch of the road in Surrey.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 26, 2017, 11:48:28 AM6/26/17
No, it was further south than guildford. But he seems to believe dual
carraigeways never have tight corners. Clearly he doesn't drive and doesn't
have a clue.

--
Spud

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 11:49:11 AM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:09:11 +0100, <sp...@potato.field> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:34:46 +0100
> "James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:16:05 +0100, <sp...@potato.field> wrote:

>> roads.

>> it's
>>>
>>> National Speed Limit you dribbling cretin. And you're telling me to take my
>>> test again?? Perhaps you should take yours in the first place. Clearly you
>>> know the square root of fuck all clue about driving. Stick to your little
>>> pedal bike.
>>
>> Acronyms are not a requirement of driving.
>
> What, like MoT? Just admit you don't have a license and are clueless and move
> on.

I have a clean license and a full no claims discount. MOT is used by everyone, but NSL is not. Just look up any 3 letter acronym and you'll find it can mean 40 things.

>> Yes, I can see far enough to be able to stop.
>
> You stated dual carraigeways don't have tight corners. I simply proved
> otherwise.

Then you failed, that was a very gradual corner, one which I could clearly see well more than my stopping distance at 70mph. So if a bicycle appeared, I'd see it and be able to slow to a standstill, even if he wasn't moving at all.

> Any further ways in which you wish to make a fool of yourself or are you done
> for today?

You're the one making a fool out of yourself. You are unable to overtake a slow moving bicycle safely. Please retake your test.

--
Tip of the day: Do not fart in the bath while you have the runs.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 11:49:35 AM6/26/17
Yes, there's a whole one other vehicle on this side.

--
Did you know? Jizz can be used as invisible ink.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 11:52:33 AM6/26/17
What you showed was not a tight corner. You're clearly a shit driver.

Again, are you telling me you actually drive fast enough round corners that you can't see your stopping distance ahead of you?

If yes: You are a dangerous driver.
If no: The cyclists aren't a problem for you.

Pick yes or no, or fuck off into my killfile.

--
Peter is listening to Eric Clapton - Layla

spu...@patata.field

Jun 26, 2017, 12:01:00 PM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:52:29 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:48:25 +0100, <sp...@potato.field> wrote:
>>> Is that the bit of A3 where the cycle racing was taking place? It's got
>>> to be the worst and most congested stretch of the road in Surrey.
>>
>> No, it was further south than guildford. But he seems to believe dual
>> carraigeways never have tight corners. Clearly he doesn't drive and doesn't
>> have a clue.
>
>What you showed was not a tight corner. You're clearly a shit driver.

Its a tight corner for the speed limit there. If you had anything resembling
a clue you'd be able to see that straight away.

>Again, are you telling me you actually drive fast enough round corners that
>you can't see your stopping distance ahead of you?
>
>If yes: You are a dangerous driver.
>If no: The cyclists aren't a problem for you.

Go get yourself a driving license so you might actually know more about
driving than you picked up sitting next to mummy when she took you to school.
Then get back to us you muppet.

>Pick yes or no, or fuck off into my killfile.

Oh shame, I changed my name so this won't go in your killfile but now you've
flounced off you'll either have to pretend you never read this and stew in
silence or swallow your pride and respond. Which is it going to be bikeboy? :)

--
Spud

James Wilkinson Sword

Jun 26, 2017, 12:05:00 PM6/26/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:00:57 +0100, <spu...@patata.field> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:52:29 +0100
>>>
>>> No, it was further south than guildford. But he seems to believe dual
>>> carraigeways never have tight corners. Clearly he doesn't drive and doesn't
>>> have a clue.
>>
>> What you showed was not a tight corner. You're clearly a shit driver.
>
> Its a tight corner for the speed limit there. If you had anything resembling
> a clue you'd be able to see that straight away.

I can clearly drive better than you, I'd be going 90 there nad be able to stop before an unseen thing, which would have to be after the truck.

>> Again, are you telling me you actually drive fast enough round corners that
>> you can't see your stopping distance ahead of you?
>>
>> If yes: You are a dangerous driver.
>> If no: The cyclists aren't a problem for you.
>
> Go get yourself a driving license so you might actually know more about
> driving than you picked up sitting next to mummy when she took you to school.
> Then get back to us you muppet.

Thought so, you failed to answer. It was a simple enough question. I can only assume that you drive faster than you can stop in the space you can see ahead of you. One day you'll wreck your car, kill somebody, and go to jail. Now piss off.

>> Pick yes or no, or fuck off into my killfile.
>
> Oh shame, I changed my name so this won't go in your killfile but now you've
> flounced off you'll either have to pretend you never read this and stew in
> silence or swallow your pride and respond.

My killfile isn't that stupid, and why did you think you were already in it? I was waiting for your lack of answer before I did. Now you're in it.

> Which is it going to be bikeboy? :)

Funny you should call me that, considering I use a car 99% of the time.

--
Excuse me sir, are you playing the bagpipes or sexually abusing an octopus?

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jun 26, 2017, 12:28:44 PM6/26/17
Hucker's killfile is by his own admittance huge.
Well done for showing the unemployable sociopath up.

TMS320

Jun 26, 2017, 7:42:48 PM6/26/17
The word "racing" does not appear anywhere in the text you quote above
your reply. Besides, racing is banned on public roads unless organisers
get permission.

Tony Dragon

Jun 27, 2017, 4:16:46 AM6/27/17
On 26-Jun-17 5:00 PM, spu...@patata.field wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:52:29 +0100
>>>
>>> No, it was further south than guildford. But he seems to believe dual
>>> carraigeways never have tight corners. Clearly he doesn't drive and doesn't
>>> have a clue.
>>
>> What you showed was not a tight corner. You're clearly a shit driver.
>
> Its a tight corner for the speed limit there. If you had anything resembling
> a clue you'd be able to see that straight away.

IIRC the speed limit is 50 at that point.

>> Again, are you telling me you actually drive fast enough round corners that
>> you can't see your stopping distance ahead of you?
>>
>> If yes: You are a dangerous driver.
>> If no: The cyclists aren't a problem for you.
>
> Go get yourself a driving license so you might actually know more about
> driving than you picked up sitting next to mummy when she took you to school.
> Then get back to us you muppet.
>
>> Pick yes or no, or fuck off into my killfile.
>
> Oh shame, I changed my name so this won't go in your killfile but now you've
> flounced off you'll either have to pretend you never read this and stew in
> silence or swallow your pride and respond. Which is it going to be bikeboy? :)

---

Tony Dragon

Jun 27, 2017, 4:19:31 AM6/27/17
So you don't know the road, thanks for clearing that up.

sp...@potato.field

Jun 27, 2017, 4:32:33 AM6/27/17
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:19:29 +0100
Tony Dragon <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:
>On 26-Jun-17 4:49 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:17:07 +0100, JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm>
>> wrote:

>>> Is that the bit of A3 where the cycle racing was taking place? It's got
>>> to be the worst and most congested stretch of the road in Surrey.
>>
>> Yes, there's a whole one other vehicle on this side.
>>

>So you don't know the road, thanks for clearing that up.

It is, and its still too fast for that corner not just because of the bend
but because you get almost no view of whats around it when coming up the
hill.

--
Spud

sp...@red.signal

Jun 27, 2017, 4:42:16 AM6/27/17
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:04:56 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:00:57 +0100, <spu...@patata.field> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:52:29 +0100

>>> What you showed was not a tight corner. You're clearly a shit driver.
>>
>> Its a tight corner for the speed limit there. If you had anything resembling
>> a clue you'd be able to see that straight away.
>
>I can clearly drive better than you, I'd be going 90 there nad be able to stop
>before an unseen thing, which would have to be after the truck.

LOL :) Ah, you never cease to amuse. For a start if you went 90 around that
corner you'd be off into the scenery and secondly perhaps you should try real
driving instead of playing driving games on your XBox and assuming they're
like real life.

>>> If yes: You are a dangerous driver.
>>> If no: The cyclists aren't a problem for you.
>>
>> Go get yourself a driving license so you might actually know more about
>> driving than you picked up sitting next to mummy when she took you to school.
>> Then get back to us you muppet.
>
>Thought so, you failed to answer. It was a simple enough question. I can

A question that has 2 options designed to give 2 particular answers neither of
which apply isn't a question, its a straw man.

>Now piss off.

Why, running out of BS to respond with? :)

>> Oh shame, I changed my name so this won't go in your killfile but now you've
>> flounced off you'll either have to pretend you never read this and stew in
>> silence or swallow your pride and respond.
>
>My killfile isn't that stupid, and why did you think you were already in it?

No, but you are.

>I was waiting for your lack of answer before I did. Now you're in it.

No, I'm not. I doubt you even have one and even if you do, I can change
all the relevant fields to defeat any killfile unless you filter on the
new server host and if you filter on that you'll filter out half the posts on
this group. So bikeyboy, going to swallow your pride, admit your KF is BS and
respond to this or pretend you didn't see it and stew? :o)

>> Which is it going to be bikeboy? :)
>
>Funny you should call me that, considering I use a car 99% of the time.

I'm sure you do. Taxi For Mr Wankinson...

--
dupS

Tony Dragon

Jun 27, 2017, 5:07:06 AM6/27/17
But he is a wonderful driver, he must be, he has told us often enough.

And don't forget he has told us that that road is not busy.

Tony Dragon

Jun 27, 2017, 5:07:29 AM6/27/17
On 27-Jun-17 9:42 AM, sp...@red.signal wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:04:56 +0100
> "James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:00:57 +0100, <spu...@patata.field> wrote:

>>> Its a tight corner for the speed limit there. If you had anything resembling
>>> a clue you'd be able to see that straight away.
>>
>> I can clearly drive better than you, I'd be going 90 there nad be able to stop
>> before an unseen thing, which would have to be after the truck.
>
> LOL :) Ah, you never cease to amuse. For a start if you went 90 around that
> corner you'd be off into the scenery and secondly perhaps you should try real
> driving instead of playing driving games on your XBox and assuming they're
> like real life.

Indeed if he went round either road at 90 he would be in trouble as they
both get tighter.

>>> Go get yourself a driving license so you might actually know more about
>>> driving than you picked up sitting next to mummy when she took you to school.
>>> Then get back to us you muppet.
>>
>> Thought so, you failed to answer. It was a simple enough question. I can
>
> A question that has 2 options designed to give 2 particular answers neither of
> which apply isn't a question, its a straw man.
>
>> Now piss off.
>
> Why, running out of BS to respond with? :)
>
>>> Oh shame, I changed my name so this won't go in your killfile but now you've
>>> flounced off you'll either have to pretend you never read this and stew in
>>> silence or swallow your pride and respond.
>>
>> My killfile isn't that stupid, and why did you think you were already in it?
>
> No, but you are.
>
>> I was waiting for your lack of answer before I did. Now you're in it.
>
> No, I'm not. I doubt you even have one and even if you do, I can change
> all the relevant fields to defeat any killfile unless you filter on the
> new server host and if you filter on that you'll filter out half the posts on
> this group. So bikeyboy, going to swallow your pride, admit your KF is BS and
> respond to this or pretend you didn't see it and stew? :o)
>
>>> Which is it going to be bikeboy? :)
>>
>> Funny you should call me that, considering I use a car 99% of the time.
>
> I'm sure you do. Taxi For Mr Wankinson...

sp...@potato.field

Jun 27, 2017, 5:32:31 AM6/27/17
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:07:03 +0100
Tony Dragon <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:
>On 27-Jun-17 9:32 AM, sp...@potato.field wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:19:29 +0100
>> Tony Dragon <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> So you don't know the road, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>> It is, and its still too fast for that corner not just because of the bend
>> but because you get almost no view of whats around it when coming up the
>> hill.

Oddly I replied to the wrong post there. That should have been a reply to
the 50 limit one you made.

>But he is a wonderful driver, he must be, he has told us often enough.

Oh I'm sure Hamilton has absoltely nothing on this guy :)

>And don't forget he has told us that that road is not busy.

And he's a driving expert after all, who are we to disagree...

--
Spud

Tony Dragon

Jun 27, 2017, 10:10:31 AM6/27/17
Mike Hawthorn also had a problem with that road.

Nick Finnigan

Jun 27, 2017, 6:39:29 PM6/27/17
On 27/06/2017 00:42, TMS320 wrote:

> The word "racing" does not appear anywhere in the text you quote above your
> reply. Besides, racing is banned on public roads unless organisers get
> permission.

Taking part in or promoting a race or a trial of speed between motor
vehicles requires permission. You can race against a pedal cycle provided
you don't use highways with a speed limit of 40mph or less.

MrCheerful

Jun 28, 2017, 2:02:05 AM6/28/17
a blanket ban on racing on public roads will save lives, time and money.