Driver in Leicester reversed over woman before driving off

Bod

Nov 10, 2017, 4:09:51 AM11/10/17
Footage has been released showing the moment a driver knocks a woman
down in the street before driving off. The 20-year-old victim was
injured in the collision after being sent flying down the road in
Leiecester last Tuesday. She was crossing the road when the car reversed
into her outside a Co-op in Briton Street at around 4.30pm.

Footage released by Leicestershire Police show the moment the two men
in the car initially got out to check on the woman before getting back
in and speeding away.

PC Fiona White, who is investigating, said: ‘We would like to speak to
anyone who was in Briton Street that afternoon and who may have seen the
collision take place.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/10/driver-in-leicester-reversed-over-woman-before-driving-off-7068625/#mv-b
--
Bod

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 4:20:11 AM11/10/17
Was it the injured woman or the plice officer who was on the bike?

Bod

Nov 10, 2017, 4:28:17 AM11/10/17
It's a police appeal for witnesses. Best to publicise it.
Were you in the vicinity?

--
Bod

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 4:31:34 AM11/10/17
So have you posted it in the more widely trafficked NGs as well?

For example, uk.politics.misc or uk.legal?

What would I be doing in Leicester, of all places? I went there once
(1973, IIRC). There was nothing of note to see.

Bod

Nov 10, 2017, 4:55:32 AM11/10/17
<wild guess> shouting at cyclists?

--
Bod

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 5:28:41 AM11/10/17
If you're going to do that, ukpm or uk.legal are as good as anywhere, I
suppose.

TMS320

Nov 10, 2017, 5:31:37 AM11/10/17
On 10/11/17 09:20, JNugent wrote:

> Was it the injured woman or the plice officer who was on the bike?

The woman is one of the 19000 people on foot (*) injured on the roads
each year in incidents that don't involve a bicycle. It's a fact of
interest to some that do recreational cycling in the uk.

No doubt, as is normal practice, the woman was walking in the road with
her back to the direction of travel so it was her own fault, there will
not be enough evidence for careless or dangerous driving and the person
operating the car will only get a small fine for failing to stop.

(*) Have you managed to work out yet why it is possible to quote figures
of 19000, 5800 and 389?

Bod

Nov 10, 2017, 5:33:22 AM11/10/17
Erm, in reply to your question, I was obviously referring to *you*.

--
Bod

Bod

Nov 10, 2017, 5:35:49 AM11/10/17

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 5:42:47 AM11/10/17
None of your claims amaze me any more.

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 5:43:35 AM11/10/17
On 10/11/2017 10:33, Bod wrote:
I have already answered that. I have no business in Leicester.

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 5:44:53 AM11/10/17
Returning to my earlier question, if it's "important" to publicise the
reported incident, when are you going to post about it in those more
heavily-used NGs?

James Wilkinson Sword

Nov 10, 2017, 6:59:24 AM11/10/17
Is English not your first language? The article was clear enough to me.

--
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one -- George Bernard Shaw

James Wilkinson Sword

Nov 10, 2017, 6:59:45 AM11/10/17
There's photo, but no reg number. Why are CCTV cameras so shit?

Peeler

Nov 10, 2017, 11:52:10 AM11/10/17
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:59:19 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>>> Footage released by Leicestershire Police show the moment the two men
>>> in the car initially got out to check on the woman before getting back
>>> in and speeding away.
>>>
>>> PC Fiona White, who is investigating, said: ‘We would like to speak to
>>> anyone who was in Briton Street that afternoon and who may have seen the
>>> collision take place.
>>>
>>> http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/10/driver-in-leicester-reversed-over-woman-before-driving-off-7068625/#mv-b
>>
>> Was it the injured woman or the plice officer who was on the bike?
>
> Is English not your first language? The article was clear enough to me.

Birdbrain doesn't get it, AGAIN! LOL

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare whore:

Peeler

Nov 10, 2017, 11:52:15 AM11/10/17
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:59:41 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/10/driver-in-leicester-reversed-over-woman-before-driving-off-7068625/#mv-b
>
> There's photo, but no reg number. Why are CCTV cameras so shit?

Take a guess, you retarded piece of shit!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) pathological "mind"
revealed:

TMS320

Nov 10, 2017, 1:25:11 PM11/10/17
So you admit you haven't worked out. Perhaps the reality sits
uncomfortably against your constant bleating about "scum cyclists"?

Tosspot

Nov 10, 2017, 1:44:00 PM11/10/17
Why wasn't she wearing a helmet!?

James Wilkinson Sword

Nov 10, 2017, 1:50:18 PM11/10/17
Pedestrians round here are morons. They seem to think traffic must give way to them and just walk blindly across the road.

--
Her voice had that tense grating quality, like a first-generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.

Peeler

Nov 10, 2017, 2:13:56 PM11/10/17
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:50:14 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

>> Why wasn't she wearing a helmet!?
>
> Pedestrians round here are morons. They seem to think traffic must give
> way to them and just walk blindly across the road.

And you HAD to open your stupid gob again, Birdbrain!

JNugent

Nov 10, 2017, 7:50:41 PM11/10/17

JNugent

Jan 12, 2018, 4:31:21 PM1/12/18
Due to blockage of the M1 due to an accident, I drove through Leicester
again, on 27th December last, heading for the A1 as an alternative
route. This must be the first time in fifteen years that I have been
anywhere near the place and 40+ years since I drove through the centre
(which seems to be a shopping mall nightmare to rival Bristol).

I'm fairly sure my 1973 impressions were right, though I was intrigued
by the signs indicating something to do with Richard III.

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2018, 4:21:41 PM1/13/18
I was at the National Space Centre last year looking at a Soyuz craft in Leicester.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 13, 2018, 5:07:43 PM1/13/18
> I was at the National Space Centre last year looking at a Soyuz craft in Leicester.

What was it doing there?

--
"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2018, 9:55:46 AM1/14/18
It is on permanent show there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTgndD7WsAAdBvn.jpg

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 14, 2018, 4:57:36 PM1/14/18
Why?

--
Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold the vegetables while you chop.