Lack of knowledge

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 4, 2018, 4:46:54 PM1/4/18
When entering a roundabout which has two lanes to enter it, but only one to leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and right, which lane would you use? There are no lane markings or signs.

Don't use Google or consult the highway code, just tell me which lane you'd use.

I want to know how many people are as stupid as the idiot I overtook on a roundabout and thoroughly pissed off.

--
Some believe that the world converting to the metric system would greatly simplify our measures. But look what would really happen to our old cliches:
A miss is as good as 1.6 kilometres.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 4, 2018, 9:49:00 PM1/4/18
> When entering a roundabout which has two lanes to enter it, but only one to leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and right, which lane would you use?  There are no lane markings or signs.

Roundabout? Sounds like some gawddamned fucking queer game limeys play.

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2018, 5:29:56 AM1/5/18
Left hand lane!

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 5:57:56 AM1/5/18
On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 10:29:54 -0000, <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 9:46:54 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>> When entering a roundabout which has two lanes to enter it, but only one to leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and right, which lane would you use? There are no lane markings or signs.
>>
>> Don't use Google or consult the highway code, just tell me which lane you'd use.
>>
>> I want to know how many people are as stupid as the idiot I overtook on a roundabout and thoroughly pissed off.
>
> Left hand lane!

Which is what I took. He took the right. I saw him trying to drive into the side of me on the exit, so I accelerated out of the way. He took this to mean I was cheating.

What do you think of the new EU safety directive to put forward arrows on right turn lanes on big roundabouts (incase it confuses people?!)

--
A man and his wife are fucking.
Fifteen minutes has passed, 30 minutes, then 45 minutes.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 5:58:32 AM1/5/18
It's a wonderful junction giving everyone a chance to use it without fucking traffic lights.

--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!

Peeler

Jan 5, 2018, 6:26:51 AM1/5/18
On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 10:57:51 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH the notorious attention whore's usual inane shit unread again>

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Someone (a Scotsman) once told me he doesn't bother wiping his arse if he's

bol...@cylonhq.com

Jan 5, 2018, 6:29:13 AM1/5/18
Though the cretinous idea of putting traffic lights on roundabouts so negating
the whole point of having a roundabout in the first place seems to be more
and more popular amongst the idiots in local coucils and the DoT who are in
charge of the roads.

JNugent

Jan 5, 2018, 8:25:00 AM1/5/18
Some roundabout junctions suffer from uneven traffic flows which can
cause long queues on routes pre-empted by a continuous flow coming from
their right at peak times.

Peak-hour signals can help in that circumstance, but I agree with you
that traffic lights should be used on roundabouts only where they help
traffic flow (as above). They should never be used to hinder traffic,
though that does seem to be the main aim at too many such junctions.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 11:10:16 AM1/5/18
If drivers were faster and/or more courteous, there would be no queues. If I'm coming to a roundabout (or any junction) and can see someone isn't getting out, I'll leave a gap and flash.

--
"Do not touch" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 11:11:18 AM1/5/18
Tell me about it. I crashed a car into someone on one of those. I wasn't expecting lights in the middle of the bloody thing, and neither was my passenger. We both said "What the fuck's he doing pulling out?"

--
Extract from a customer complaint letter sent to The Body Shop:
I recently shampooed my pet rabbit with Body Shop shampoo. Its eyes bulged out and turned red. If you tested your stuff on animals like everyone else, this sort of thing wouldn't happen...

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 11:16:56 AM1/5/18
It gets worse, now we have roundabouts that aren't roundabouts. So nobody knows what the priorities are, and oh look, a collision.
http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/residents-say-new-junction-looks-463546

bol...@cylonhq.com

Jan 5, 2018, 11:38:36 AM1/5/18
On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 16:16:49 -0000
"James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 11:29:08 -0000, <bol...@cylonhq.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 10:58:28 -0000
>> "James Wilkinson Sword" <imv...@somewear.com> wrote:

>>> leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and
>right,
>>> which lane would you use? There are no lane markings or signs.

>>> It's a wonderful junction giving everyone a chance to use it without fucking
>>> traffic lights.
>>
>> Though the cretinous idea of putting traffic lights on roundabouts so
>negating
>> the whole point of having a roundabout in the first place seems to be more
>> and more popular amongst the idiots in local coucils and the DoT who are in
>> charge of the roads.
>
>It gets worse, now we have roundabouts that aren't roundabouts. So nobody
>knows what the priorities are, and oh look, a collision.
>http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/residents-say-new-junction-looks
>463546

Wtf is that?? Whatever tosser in the council roads dept thought that was a
good idea needs to be handed his P45.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 11:46:56 AM1/5/18
It's all part of the shite they're cluttering our roads with (at huge expense) to "calm traffic". Making cars avoid obstacles is not calming and it will cause more accidents not less. For example, there's a chicane here, on a blind bend on a steep hill. Guess which way has priority? Uphill. Why? Because they don't want people to have to do hillstarts. So I guess they prefer people sliding into pedestrians innocently standing on the stupidly stuck out pavement when a car comes downhill on an ungritted road (which they can't afford to grit because they keep buying speedbumps).

--
They say Confucius does his crosswords with a pen.

Nick Finnigan

Jan 5, 2018, 12:32:02 PM1/5/18
> When entering a roundabout which has two lanes to enter it, but only one to
> leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and
> right, which lane would you use?  There are no lane markings or signs.

Which ever is quicker.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 12:39:19 PM1/5/18
On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 17:32:00 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

> On 04/01/2018 21:46, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>> When entering a roundabout which has two lanes to enter it, but only one to
>> leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and
>> right, which lane would you use? There are no lane markings or signs.
>
> Which ever is quicker.

That's fine if there are no other cars. Now assume it's fairly busy and both lanes have several cars in them. In which lane do you queue to enter the roundabout, wanting to go straight ahead where you know there's only one lane on the exit road?

>> Don't use Google or consult the highway code, just tell me which lane you'd
>> use.
>>
>> I want to know how many people are as stupid as the idiot I overtook on a
>> roundabout and thoroughly pissed off.

--
Mr Churchill is reputed to have once said
"It will be long, it will be hard, and there'll be no withdrawal"

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 5, 2018, 12:48:16 PM1/5/18
More like a cluster fuck for cars...

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 5, 2018, 12:52:17 PM1/5/18
Give reasoning. A roundabout operates continuously and smoothly in all directions. Lights make you wait.

--
In 1272, the Arabic Muslims invented the condom, using a goat's lower intestine.
In 1873, the British refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the goat first.

Nick Finnigan

Jan 6, 2018, 4:55:49 AM1/6/18
> On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 17:32:00 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2018 21:46, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>>> When entering a roundabout which has two lanes to enter it, but only one to
>>> leave, and you're going straight ahead out of left, straight ahead, and
>>> right, which lane would you use?  There are no lane markings or signs.
>>
>> Which ever is quicker.
>
> That's fine if there are no other cars.

The answer is left then right then left if there are no other vehicles.

Now assume it's fairly busy and
> both lanes have several cars in them.  In which lane do you queue to enter
> the roundabout, wanting to go straight ahead where you know there's only
> one lane on the exit road?

Which ever is quicker.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 6, 2018, 9:09:03 AM1/6/18
On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 09:55:48 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

> On 05/01/2018 17:39, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

>>> Which ever is quicker.
>>
>> That's fine if there are no other cars.
>
> The answer is left then right then left if there are no other vehicles.

If you're in a hurry.

>> Now assume it's fairly busy and
>> both lanes have several cars in them. In which lane do you queue to enter
>> the roundabout, wanting to go straight ahead where you know there's only
>> one lane on the exit road?
>
> Which ever is quicker.

So you'd barge into the side of another car then?

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 6, 2018, 9:24:18 AM1/6/18
Highway code?
OH LOL!

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 6, 2018, 9:45:46 AM1/6/18
It's a book of mainly useless rules that everybody ignores. But when it tells you which lane to use, it's pretty daft to use the opposite one from everyone else. It would be like driving on the other side of the road.

--
Thank you velly much. I'm not Wan King the chef, I'm Fu King the owner.

Nick Finnigan

Jan 7, 2018, 6:03:10 AM1/7/18
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 09:55:48 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

>>> That's fine if there are no other cars.
>>
>>   The answer is left then right then left if there are no other vehicles.
>
> If you're in a hurry.

If I'm driving slowly because of the load I'm carrying, it is even more
relevant.

>>>  Now assume it's fairly busy and
>>> both lanes have several cars in them.  In which lane do you queue to enter
>>> the roundabout, wanting to go straight ahead where you know there's only
>>> one lane on the exit road?
>>
>>   Which ever is quicker.
>
> So you'd barge into the side of another car then?

That would not be a very slow option.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 7, 2018, 11:25:05 AM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:03:11 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

> On 06/01/2018 14:09, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

>>> The answer is left then right then left if there are no other vehicles.
>>
>> If you're in a hurry.
>
> If I'm driving slowly because of the load I'm carrying, it is even more
> relevant.

If there's other traffic, I'd still stay on one lane but go slowly round the corner, not cut in front of people.

>>> Which ever is quicker.
>>
>> So you'd barge into the side of another car then?
>
> That would not be a very slow option.

--
I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 7, 2018, 11:25:06 AM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:03:11 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

> On 06/01/2018 14:09, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

>>> The answer is left then right then left if there are no other vehicles.
>>
>> If you're in a hurry.
>
> If I'm driving slowly because of the load I'm carrying, it is even more
> relevant.

If there's other traffic, I'd still stay on one lane but go slowly round the corner, not cut in front of people.

>>> Which ever is quicker.
>>
>> So you'd barge into the side of another car then?
>
> That would not be a very slow option.

Nick Finnigan

Jan 7, 2018, 2:49:43 PM1/7/18
> On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:03:11 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

============================

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 7, 2018, 3:17:06 PM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 19:49:44 -0000, Nick Finnigan <N...@genie.co.uk> wrote:

> On 07/01/2018 16:25, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> ============================

>>> If I'm driving slowly because of the load I'm carrying, it is even more
>>> relevant.
>>
>> If there's other traffic, I'd still stay on one lane but go slowly round
>> the corner, not cut in front of people.
>
> "if there are no other vehicles."

It was the "whichever is quicker" you said earlier that got me thinking.

--
FOR SALE BY OWNER. Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica , 45 volumes.
Excellent condition, £200 or best offer.

Peter Keller

Jan 9, 2018, 4:38:10 AM1/9/18
On 08.01.2018 05:25, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> --
> I went to San Francisco.  I found someone's heart.

I hope it tasted good.

Peter Keller

Jan 9, 2018, 4:38:39 AM1/9/18
On 08.01.2018 05:25, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> I went to San Francisco.  I found someone's heart.

Cannibal.