Easter videos

Bertie Wooster

Apr 19, 2014, 11:07:07 AM4/19/14
Some delightful video clips for your Easter entertainment

Herne Hill Velodrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-sTHMhZ_OA

Mr Moulton & his bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5e46nDg5Y

Donkey Bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v76DaBrqfR0

Cycling Sins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMYKNoCXFs

Dangerous cycling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_oAwJCnMuY
(Excellent line 2 minutes into the clip)

British winner of Bordeaux to Paris race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV943e1J9e8

Dave- Cyclists VORC

Apr 19, 2014, 11:18:20 AM4/19/14
On 19/04/2014 16:07, Bertie Wooster wrote:
> Some video clips for your Easter entertainment

IFYPFY

> Cycling Sins
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMYKNoCXFs

Seems like cyclists were as thick in 1936 as they are today.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow

Rob Morley

Apr 19, 2014, 12:11:55 PM4/19/14
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:07:07 +0100
Bertie Wooster <be...@wooster.invalid.com> wrote:

> Donkey Bike
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v76DaBrqfR0

I want to see someone jam on the front brake. :-)

JNugent

Apr 19, 2014, 1:33:55 PM4/19/14
On 19/04/2014 16:07, Bertie Wooster wrote:

> Some delightful video clips for your Easter entertainment

> British winner of Bordeaux to Paris race
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV943e1J9e8

The late Tommy Simpson.

How did he go, again?

Mrcheerful

Apr 19, 2014, 1:39:14 PM4/19/14
Helicopter ride to hospital, drugged and drunk.

Judith

Apr 19, 2014, 1:47:39 PM4/19/14
I seem to recall that drugs were involved - as is often the way with
"professional" cyclists.

Bertie Wooster

Apr 19, 2014, 2:34:44 PM4/19/14
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:47:39 +0100, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:
Sadly, that seems to be the case.

I wonder if there is a game we could all play when the tour comes to
Yorkshire later this year - identify the drug free cyclist.

Judith

Apr 19, 2014, 4:39:31 PM4/19/14
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 19:34:44 +0100, Bertie Wooster <be...@wooster.invalid.com>
How will *you* be contributing to the £11 Million costs the ratepayers of
Yorkshire are potentially going to have to foot the bill for?

Bertie Wooster

Apr 19, 2014, 6:54:26 PM4/19/14
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:39:31 +0100, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 19:34:44 +0100, Bertie Wooster <be...@wooster.invalid.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:47:39 +0100, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
>>wrote:

>>>I seem to recall that drugs were involved - as is often the way with
>>>"professional" cyclists.
>>
>>Sadly, that seems to be the case.
>>
>>I wonder if there is a game we could all play when the tour comes to
>>Yorkshire later this year - identify the drug free cyclist.
>

>How will *you* be contributing to the £11 Million costs the ratepayers of
>Yorkshire are potentially going to have to foot the bill for?

When I watch the tour on the TV, I will be attracted to the delightful
rolling countryside Yorkshire has to offer, and visit the county more
frequently, thus contributing to the local economy, a proportion of
which will return to the people of Yorkshire indirectly through
business rates.

Clare and I are considering a narrowboat purchase, jointly with my
younger brother and his family who have recently immigrated (or in my
brother's case returned) from Pudong to Sevenoaks. One consideration
is hull length. A 70 ft boat will not fit along some of Yorkshire's
canals, 58 ft being the maximum length of some locks. If Yorkshire
looks good on the TV we might sacrifice 12 ft of additional luxury to
be able to visit God's own county by boat. This would further
contribute to the local economy.

Judith

Apr 20, 2014, 2:57:48 AM4/20/14
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:54:26 +0100, Bertie Wooster <be...@wooster.invalid.com>
Oh - are the business rates going up in order to pay the �11 million.

Try again: how does councils contributing �11 Million help the rate payers of
Yorkshire ?

Bertie Wooster

Apr 20, 2014, 4:06:23 AM4/20/14
On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 07:57:48 +0100, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
It doesn't.

The Tour coming to Yorkshire will devastate the economy of Yorkshire,
leaving it with a debt burden for generations to come. There will be
rioting on the dales, anti Tour protesters will take over local
government offices, and the newly independent Scotland will invade,
using the pretext of wanting to protect Scotish nationals. Hull will
be annexed.

The UK government will retaliate by imposing travel restrictions on
prominent Scots, such as Gordon Brown.

Peter Keller

Apr 20, 2014, 4:45:26 AM4/20/14
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:18:20 +0100, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

> On 19/04/2014 16:07, Bertie Wooster wrote:
>> Some video clips for your Easter entertainment
>
> IFYPFY

I found them extremely delightful and great fun.

>> Cycling Sins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMYKNoCXFs
>
> Seems like some cyclists were as thick in 1936 as they are today.

IFYPFY

Tarcap

Apr 20, 2014, 5:40:30 AM4/20/14

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
And hopefully, Chris Hoy.

Bertie Wooster

Apr 20, 2014, 6:14:13 AM4/20/14
On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:06:23 +0100, Bertie Wooster
Woops! There won't be a UK government anymore, and I have no idea what
the government of England, Wales and Northern Ireland will be called.
Deunited Kingdom? Ununited Kingdom? Disunited Kingdom?

Matsav

Apr 20, 2014, 9:30:03 AM4/20/14

"Bertie Wooster" <be...@wooster.invalid.com> wrote in message
> Clare and I are considering a narrowboat purchase, ...

news:uk.rec.waterways is` over there ==>

They're a helpful lot.

--
MatSav

Judith

Apr 20, 2014, 11:51:18 AM4/20/14
On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:06:23 +0100, Bertie Wooster <be...@wooster.invalid.com>
Remind me - Why do people say that you are a wanker?

Bertie Wooster

Apr 22, 2014, 11:20:14 AM4/22/14
On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:51:18 +0100, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
Can you name me one person, that I care two figs about, who calls me
that?

Tarcap

Apr 22, 2014, 11:32:33 AM4/22/14

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
You don't care about anyone ( other than yourself, of course), do you? After
all, you are a cyclist.

Bertie Wooster

Apr 22, 2014, 11:34:13 AM4/22/14
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:32:33 +0100, "Tarcap" <any...@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
I care about innocent victims of reckless truck drivers.

Judith

Apr 22, 2014, 3:33:11 PM4/22/14
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:34:13 +0100, Bertie Wooster <be...@wooster.invalid.com>
wrote:

<snip>

>I care about innocent victims of reckless truck drivers.

Surely you mean reckless victims of innocent truck drivers.

Bertie Wooster

Apr 22, 2014, 3:48:02 PM4/22/14
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:33:11 +0100, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote: