OT: Car attacked by lamppost

Paul George

Aug 23, 2015, 9:39:55 AM8/23/15

Mrcheerful

Aug 23, 2015, 9:52:05 AM8/23/15
On 23/08/2015 14:39, Paul George wrote:

> http://sfist.com/2015/08/05/urine_trouble.php

Good job it was a car that was attacked, a pedestrian or cyclist would
likely have died.

Alycidon

Aug 23, 2015, 11:46:06 AM8/23/15

Simon Jester

Aug 23, 2015, 5:42:11 PM8/23/15
On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 2:52:05 PM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:

> Good job it was a car that was attacked, a pedestrian or cyclist would
> likely have died.

I can see how a pedestrian might be in trouble but the lamp post would have bounced off the force field generated by the cyclists helmet.

JNugent

Aug 23, 2015, 6:31:49 PM8/23/15
No, no, no.

You've got it completely the wrong way round.

The force field only operates around a cyclist's head when he *isn't*
wearing a helmet.

Using a helmet instantly disables the force field (which would otherwise
have made sure that he flew along after a collision or fall with his
head hovering above the ground at a height of 2cm or so) and renders him
vulnerable to injury.

It's worse than green kryptonite, apparently.

Simon Jester

Aug 23, 2015, 7:17:23 PM8/23/15
On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:31:49 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

> No, no, no.
>
> You've got it completely the wrong way round.
>
> The force field only operates around a cyclist's head when he *isn't*
> wearing a helmet.

So you agree it is better not to wear a cycle helmet.

> Using a helmet instantly disables the force field (which would otherwise
> have made sure that he flew along after a collision or fall with his
> head hovering above the ground at a height of 2cm or so) and renders him
> vulnerable to injury.

Precisely the point. If you hit your head from 2cm a cycle helmet will protect you from minor, non life threatening injuries, it won't save your life.

> It's worse than green kryptonite, apparently.

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/en/home.html
Not available in green.

JNugent

Aug 24, 2015, 6:50:57 AM8/24/15
On 24/08/2015 00:17, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:31:49 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>
>> No, no, no.
>>
>> You've got it completely the wrong way round.
>>
>> The force field only operates around a cyclist's head when he *isn't*
>> wearing a helmet.
>
> So you agree it is better not to wear a cycle helmet.

And you fail to recognise (or, at least, to respond appropriately to)
irony. Or was it sarcasm?

David Lang

Aug 24, 2015, 4:28:43 PM8/24/15
On 23/08/2015 22:42, Simon Jester wrote:
The Highway Code, RoSPA, The BMA, The NHS, the Police, the IAM, A&E
consultants, the Ambulance Service, TFL, Sustrans and many other august
bodies all strongly recommend bicycle helmets.

Why are you arrogant (and stupid) enough to disagree with people who are
far more knowledgeable than you?

Simon Jester

Aug 24, 2015, 6:12:54 PM8/24/15
On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 9:28:43 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:

> Why are you arrogant (and stupid) enough to disagree with people who are
> far more knowledgeable than you?

I acknowledge you are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to digging ditches.
Where do you stand on the Trans Linear Vector Principle?

David Lang

Aug 25, 2015, 2:55:54 AM8/25/15
Cyclists SOP.

You snipped the relevant bit;

The Highway Code, RoSPA, The BMA, The NHS, the Police, the IAM, A&E
consultants, the Ambulance Service, TFL, Sustrans and many other august
bodies all strongly recommend bicycle helmets.

Now answer the question and stop wriggling.

David Lang

Aug 25, 2015, 3:06:18 AM8/25/15
Did we all spot the Cyclists SOP here?

On 24/08/2015 23:12, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 9:28:43 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:

Stage 1 CSOP;
Snip the question you can't answer.

>> Why are you arrogant (and stupid) enough to disagree with people
>> who are far more knowledgeable than you?

> I acknowledge you are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to
> digging ditches.

Stage 2 SOP;
Try an ad hominem attack/insult.

> Where do you stand on the Trans Linear Vector Principle?

Stage 3 SOP;
Ignore the question you can't answer and try to look clever (and fail).

Classic example.

Here is the question again;

> The Highway Code, RoSPA, The BMA, The NHS, the Police, the IAM, A&E
> consultants, the Ambulance Service, TFL, Sustrans and many other
> august bodies all strongly recommend bicycle helmets.
>
> Why are you arrogant (and stupid) enough to disagree with people who
> are far more knowledgeable than you?

Let the wriggling commence.

Simon Jester

Aug 25, 2015, 11:35:15 AM8/25/15
On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 7:55:54 AM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:

> Cyclists SOP.
>
> You snipped the relevant bit;
>
> The Highway Code, RoSPA, The BMA, The NHS, the Police, the IAM, A&E
> consultants, the Ambulance Service, TFL, Sustrans and many other august
> bodies all strongly recommend bicycle helmets.
>
> Now answer the question and stop wriggling.

I think I have made my views on religion perfectly clear.
Believe anything you like but don't force your fantasies on me.

David Lang

Aug 25, 2015, 1:23:08 PM8/25/15
Nothing to do with religion, another attempt to wriggle. Now answer the
question.

Simon Jester

Aug 25, 2015, 1:56:01 PM8/25/15
Already answered.
If you have some actual, peer reviewed, evidence to support cycle helmets then please post the links.
just because your priest told you to wear a cycle helmet or burn in hell does not count.

The government once said that when cycle helmet use passed a certain point they would make it mandatory.
Since mandatory helmet laws have been proven to reduce the number of cyclists you should definitely get a bike and wear a helmet.

Alycidon

Aug 25, 2015, 2:01:06 PM8/25/15
On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 18:56:01 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

> Already answered.
> If you have some actual, peer reviewed, evidence to support cycle helmets then please post the links.
> just because your priest told you to wear a cycle helmet or burn in hell does not count.

They /are/ very effective though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3210072/Justin-Wilson-s-team-mate-Ryan-Hunter-Reay-brands-IndyCar-inherently-dangerous-following-tragic-death-Pocono-Raceway-Pennsylvania.html

David Lang

Aug 25, 2015, 4:10:24 PM8/25/15
On 25/08/2015 18:56, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 6:23:08 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
>> On 25/08/2015 16:35, Simon Jester wrote:
>
>>> I think I have made my views on religion perfectly clear.
>>> Believe anything you like but don't force your fantasies on me.
>>>

>> Nothing to do with religion, another attempt to wriggle. Now answer the
>> question.
>
> Already answered.

No you haven't, you just wriggled.

> If you have some actual, peer reviewed, evidence to support cycle helmets then please post the links.

Highway Code Rule 59; You should wear a cycle helmet which conforms to
current regulations, is the correct size and securely fastened.

RoSPA; The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
The Effectiveness of Cycle helmets
May 2003
http://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-safety/cyclists/cycle-helmets.pdf

NHS; Protect yourself with a helmet
Always wear a helmet – this reduces the risk of head injury if you're in
an accident. To be effective, the helmet must be level on the head, with
the pads inside touching all the way around and the strap comfortably snug.

London Ambulance Service;
Wear appropriate clothes and protective gear. Hi-visibility and lights
are essential in the dark and a helmet is a must at all times.

> just because your priest told you to wear a cycle helmet or burn in hell does not count.

I don't have a priest or ride a push bike.

All the evidence by the knowledgeable bodies mentioned; The Highway
Code, RoSPA, The BMA, The NHS, the Police, the IAM, A&E consultants, the
Ambulance Service, TFL, Sustrans and many other august bodies all
strongly recommend bicycle helmets.

Now stop wriggling and just answer the question; Why are you arrogant

David Lang

Aug 25, 2015, 4:13:35 PM8/25/15
Still unable to answer?

Simon Jester

Aug 26, 2015, 3:37:20 PM8/26/15
On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 9:10:24 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:

> Highway Code Rule 59; You should wear a cycle helmet which conforms to
> current regulations, is the correct size and securely fastened.
>
> RoSPA; The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
> The Effectiveness of Cycle helmets
> May 2003
> http://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-safety/cyclists/cycle-helmets.pdf
>
> NHS; Protect yourself with a helmet
> Always wear a helmet - this reduces the risk of head injury if you're in
> an accident. To be effective, the helmet must be level on the head, with
> the pads inside touching all the way around and the strap comfortably snug.
>
> London Ambulance Service;
> Wear appropriate clothes and protective gear. Hi-visibility and lights
> are essential in the dark and a helmet is a must at all times.

I asked for peer reviewed publications.
Reading Playboy on Brighton seafront don't count.

Bod

Aug 26, 2015, 3:43:51 PM8/26/15
Yeh, they keep on changing the rules, don't they.

David Lang

Aug 26, 2015, 3:44:53 PM8/26/15

Simon Jester

Aug 26, 2015, 3:56:38 PM8/26/15
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 8:44:53 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
> On 26/08/2015 20:37, Simon Jester wrote:

> > I asked for peer reviewed publications.
> > Reading Playboy on Brighton seafront don't count.
> >

> All the evidence by the knowledgeable bodies mentioned; The Highway
> Code, RoSPA, The BMA, The NHS, the Police, the IAM, A&E consultants, the
> Ambulance Service, TFL, Sustrans and many other august bodies all
> strongly recommend bicycle helmets.

Do you have a thing for Tom Cruise? Or Michael Ironside? Or Val Kilmer?

David Lang

Aug 26, 2015, 4:15:24 PM8/26/15

Simon Jester

Aug 26, 2015, 4:30:58 PM8/26/15
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 9:15:24 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
> On 26/08/2015 20:56, Simon Jester wrote:

> > Do you have a thing for Tom Cruise? Or Michael Ironside? Or Val Kilmer?

The hard deck on this op was 10000 feet.
The rules are not flexible.
Obey them or you are history.

David Lang

Aug 26, 2015, 4:36:19 PM8/26/15
Stop gibbering.

Just answer the question;

Simon Jester

Aug 26, 2015, 4:51:37 PM8/26/15
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 9:36:19 PM UTC+1, David Lang wrote:

> Stop gibbering.
>
> Just answer the question;

So it's Tom Skerritt you fancy.

David Lang

Aug 27, 2015, 2:55:29 AM8/27/15
Completely irrelevant.

However, you seem to imply that it would be a bad thing if I did.

Desperation sets in. Unable to answer a simple question, you launch a
homophobic ad hominem.

Bod

Aug 27, 2015, 3:37:05 AM8/27/15
Your record keeps sticking, check the tracking on the player.

Tarcap

Aug 27, 2015, 7:46:33 AM8/27/15

"Bod" wrote in message news:d47t0v...@mid.individual.net...
All that's required is an answer - everything would move on just fine.

Tarcap

Aug 27, 2015, 7:50:57 AM8/27/15

"Simon Jester" wrote in message
Do you have ADHD?

David Lang

Aug 27, 2015, 2:24:08 PM8/27/15
It's the only way to get retards to answer simple questions.

Bod

Aug 27, 2015, 2:39:22 PM8/27/15
Do you feel like you are banging your head against a wall sometimes?
If you feel that urge, I suggest you wear a helmet.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Aug 27, 2015, 3:55:14 PM8/27/15

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
Sad Bod with no life MUST reply to every post.
When is the last time you got 20 miles away from home?????????????

Simon Jester

Aug 27, 2015, 3:59:30 PM8/27/15
On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 7:39:22 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:

> Do you feel like you are banging your head against a wall sometimes?
> If you feel that urge, I suggest you wear a helmet.

I don't normally like this expression, but this deserves my very first LOL, possibly even a ROTFLMAO.
Nice one.

Paul George

Aug 27, 2015, 4:10:23 PM8/27/15
On Thursday, 27 August 2015 20:55:14 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> Sad Bod with no life MUST reply to every post.
> When is the last time you got 20 miles away from home?????????????

I don't know about 20 miles, but here on the Wirral all journeys takes exactly 20 minutes irrespective of distance and/or mode of transport.

David Lang

Aug 27, 2015, 4:19:58 PM8/27/15
Still can't answer my question then?

Peter Keller

Aug 28, 2015, 4:59:29 AM8/28/15
On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:24:14 +0100, David Lang wrote:

> retards

Why do people insult others?

When you insult someone, doesn’t matter in public or in private, other
people who may have been observing you or listening to the offended
person will make different opinions about you. Your honor and respect in
the society will no longer be your company.