Cyclists causing greenhouse effect

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 3, 2015, 3:21:31 PM5/3/15
"Orcutt replied, "Since CO2 is deemed a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride." He noted that cyclists' heart rate and respiration go up significantly."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/05/173523998/cyclists-do-no-emit-more-carbon-than-cars-state-legislator-admits

--
When shagging a goat you are best taking it to the edge of a cliff because they push back harder. -- Billy Connelly

Mick

May 3, 2015, 4:00:15 PM5/3/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
> "Orcutt replied, "Since CO2 is deemed a greenhouse gas and a pollutant,
> bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride." He noted that cyclists'
> heart rate and respiration go up significantly."
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/05/173523998/cyclists-do-no-emit-more-carbon-than-cars-state-legislator-admits

get a job you psychotic little failure
get a woman you psychotic little failure

The Medway Handyman

May 3, 2015, 4:38:29 PM5/3/15
I think you annoyed the ickle cyclist Mr Tough Guy.
Please remember that cyclists are sensitive little souls.

I liked this idea though;

"But while Orcutt apologized, he also reiterated his view that cyclists
should help pay for the infrastructure — bike paths, etc. — that they're
seeking. To that end, he said he sees merit in Democratic legislators'
"proposed $25.00 tax on the purchase of any bicycle $500.00 or more."

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 3, 2015, 4:44:19 PM5/3/15
On Sun, 03 May 2015 21:38:29 +0100, The Medway Handyman <davi...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 03/05/2015 21:00, Mick wrote:
>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>>> "Orcutt replied, "Since CO2 is deemed a greenhouse gas and a pollutant,
>>> bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride." He noted that cyclists'
>>> heart rate and respiration go up significantly."
>>>
>>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/05/173523998/cyclists-do-no-emit-more-carbon-than-cars-state-legislator-admits
>>
>> get a job you psychotic little failure
>> get a woman you psychotic little failure
>
> I think you annoyed the ickle cyclist Mr Tough Guy.
> Please remember that cyclists are sensitive little souls.

I was being funny. Mr Orcutt is clearly an idiot.

> I liked this idea though;
>
> "But while Orcutt apologized, he also reiterated his view that cyclists
> should help pay for the infrastructure — bike paths, etc. — that they're
> seeking. To that end, he said he sees merit in Democratic legislators'
> "proposed $25.00 tax on the purchase of any bicycle $500.00 or more."

Who the fuck pays that for a bike? You can get a good one in Halfords of all places for under a hundred quid.

--
The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency -- Eugene McCarthy

JNugent

May 3, 2015, 6:39:54 PM5/3/15
Apparently, those ones are not enough of a status symbol (to the few who
recognise them, at any rate) and fail to convey the required message
that cyclists are Considerably Richer Than Yow.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 3, 2015, 6:48:20 PM5/3/15
All you need is two wheels, a couple of brakes, and some gears. You can get one with 24 gears for under a hundred squid. It's not like a car where you can pay more for a more powerful engine, since that is your thighs.

--
"Sir, your daughter says she loves me, she can't live without me, and wants to marry me."
"And you're asking my permission to marry her?"

Bod

May 3, 2015, 7:12:04 PM5/3/15
Mine was only £96 from Halfords. Wife's was even cheaper.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 3, 2015, 7:19:55 PM5/3/15
But does yours have those fancy narrow wheels that cause you to fall off?

--
It's an age-old truism. Men will quickly fall asleep after having sex.
And I know why, too.

Bod

May 3, 2015, 7:23:11 PM5/3/15
Nah! I wouldn't have one even if you tortured me to have one.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 3, 2015, 7:43:11 PM5/3/15
I tried one once, with those stupidly narrow drop handlebars. I fail to see how anyone can stay on them at all. Psycholists obviously don't understand the concept of leverage on wider handlebars.

--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Bod

May 3, 2015, 7:48:41 PM5/3/15
I tried one too, I'm lucky I can still walk :-)

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 3, 2015, 7:51:35 PM5/3/15
Or reproduce.

--
Waiter, waiter, what's wrong with these eggs?
I don't know Sir, I only laid the table.

Bod

May 3, 2015, 7:53:24 PM5/3/15
Indeed, I talked like I was on helium for a while.

Peter Keller

May 4, 2015, 5:12:35 AM5/4/15
Good job mine cost €230.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 4, 2015, 10:22:46 AM5/4/15
And the same again for the silly outfit.

--
From Hollywood Squares:
Host Peter Marshall: Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during your first year?

Peter Keller

May 5, 2015, 5:21:53 AM5/5/15
my silly outfit cost €6.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 5, 2015, 7:44:16 AM5/5/15
No pansy helmet and skintight shorts?

--
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason -- Benjamin Franklin

Peter Keller

May 6, 2015, 4:55:58 AM5/6/15
Nope.
TBH I don't think much of what outfit I will wear when I go biking. I am
usually thinking of other things, like getting places conveniently and
economically, and getting some fresh air.
So my outfit might be silly, but it certainly did NOT cost €230.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 6, 2015, 10:24:10 AM5/6/15
I wear exactly the same as if I was going for a walk or a run. There's no need for cycling to be different.

--
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death -- Albert Einstein

Peter Keller

May 7, 2015, 4:51:47 AM5/7/15
Exactly.
Biking is an ordinary everyday activity.

Bod

May 7, 2015, 5:46:15 AM5/7/15

>>> Nope.
>>> TBH I don't think much of what outfit I will wear when I go biking. I
>>> am usually thinking of other things, like getting places conveniently
>>> and economically, and getting some fresh air.
>>> So my outfit might be silly, but it certainly did NOT cost €230.
>>
>> I wear exactly the same as if I was going for a walk or a run. There's
>> no need for cycling to be different.
>
> Exactly.
> Biking is an ordinary everyday activity.

Yup, the fittest people on the roads today, the sexiest/most handsome
lovely people.
(I may have made one or two things up there).

The Medway Handyman

May 7, 2015, 12:29:08 PM5/7/15
For less than 2% of journeys.

The Medway Handyman

May 7, 2015, 12:29:43 PM5/7/15
You appear to have made everything up.

Bod

May 7, 2015, 12:30:18 PM5/7/15
How very dare you!

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 7, 2015, 6:01:24 PM5/7/15
Irrelevant to wearing silly clothes.

--
What has got two legs and bleeds?
Half a dog!

Peter Keller

May 8, 2015, 5:19:05 AM5/8/15
Which is not zero.
It is not illegal to use a delightful economical convenient viable means
of transport, despite it being used for less than 2% of journeys.

Tarcap

May 8, 2015, 6:18:07 AM5/8/15

"Bod" wrote in message news:cr0qj4...@mid.individual.net...
You forgot the bit about the smelliest, though.
(Which isn't made up)

Bod

May 8, 2015, 6:32:30 AM5/8/15
Maybe the cyclists that wear Lycra do (I wouldn't know), but the most I
wear when riding is shorts and a tee shirt. If were to small, my missus
wouls be the first to inform me.....she never has.
Or are you making this up?

Bod

May 8, 2015, 6:49:33 AM5/8/15
> wear when riding is shorts and a tee shirt. If I were to smell, my missus
> would be the first to inform me.....she never has.

Tarcap

May 8, 2015, 12:37:25 PM5/8/15

"Bod" wrote in message news:cr3hls...@mid.individual.net...
Perhaps your missus is too polite to embarrass you by telling you that
you're too small.
(Notice the correct spelling of "too", by the way.)

Bod

May 8, 2015, 12:49:26 PM5/8/15
Where did I spell "too" wrong?

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 8, 2015, 1:04:39 PM5/8/15
I find it pointless as a means of transport if you have access to a car. It's handy to go pick up a car from a garage, or if you can't afford a car, otherwise it's a leisure thing.

--
Crazy Laws in towns of the state of Illinois:
The English language is not to be spoken.
You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile.
You may be convicted of a Class 4 felony offense, punishable by up to three years in state prison, for the crime of "eavesdropping" on your own conversation. -720 ILCS 5/14-2.
Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.
It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe's neck.
It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.
One may not pee in his neighbor's mouth.
Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays.
Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees.
A man with a moustache may not kiss a woman.
It is illegal to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
It is unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire.
It is illegal to expectorate from any second-story window.
It is against the law to use a slingshot unless your are a law enforcement officer.
A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow. Hens that wish to cackle must step two hundred feet back from any residence.
Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kriland's streets.
Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited.
There is a ban on unnecessary repetitive driving on 23rd Avenue.
It is against the law to make faces at dogs.

Mrcheerful

May 8, 2015, 1:39:41 PM5/8/15
Where you suggested that your wife thinks you are 'to(o) small'

Bod

May 8, 2015, 1:41:24 PM5/8/15
Surely it's time for your altzheimers tablets.

Mrcheerful

May 8, 2015, 1:42:54 PM5/8/15
You were the one that posted it

Bod

May 8, 2015, 1:44:56 PM5/8/15
I'm a frayed knot. Get your eyes tested.

Mrcheerful

May 8, 2015, 2:04:28 PM5/8/15
I took it that you wrote the above? If not then the too small comment
was directed at whoever wrote it.

Bod

May 8, 2015, 2:14:02 PM5/8/15
The first post had several missing letters, the very next post I sent,
was corrected. You obviously hadn't seen that one.
First post was 11.32, the redacted one was sent at 11.49.
Check em.

Mrcheerful

May 8, 2015, 2:18:20 PM5/8/15
Yes, I noticed that you sent another with smell correctly spelt, however
your earlier post still showed and someone just had to comment, can't
say I blame them. I did expect someone to say that your wife had told
them that you 'were too small'

Bod

May 8, 2015, 2:19:18 PM5/8/15
LOL.

The Medway Handyman

May 8, 2015, 4:58:03 PM5/8/15
On 08/05/2015 19:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
With him being a cyclist that's a reasonable assumption.

It must be those tight shorts & hard saddles.

The Medway Handyman

May 8, 2015, 4:59:46 PM5/8/15
But it is an insignificant minority.

> It is not illegal to use a delightful economical convenient viable means
> of transport, despite it being used for less than 2% of journeys.

But it should be.

Bod

May 9, 2015, 4:07:29 AM5/9/15
> On 08/05/2015 19:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> On 08/05/2015 19:14, Bod wrote:
>

>> Yes, I noticed that you sent another with smell correctly spelt, however
>> your earlier post still showed and someone just had to comment, can't
>> say I blame them. I did expect someone to say that your wife had told
>> them that you 'were too small'
>
> With him being a cyclist that's a reasonable assumption.
>
> It must be those tight shorts & hard saddles.

I can see you're getting sexually turned on at the though of my athletic
adonis like body. Stoppit! you perv.

Peter Keller

May 9, 2015, 4:25:19 AM5/9/15
On Fri, 08 May 2015 11:18:03 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> the smelliest, though.

Thanks very much for the compliment.
Now please bestow on me the further honour of drooling inbred cross-eyed
toesucker.

Peter Keller

May 9, 2015, 4:27:53 AM5/9/15
On Fri, 08 May 2015 21:59:50 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

>>> For less than 2% of journeys.
>>
>> Which is not zero.
>
> But it is an insignificant minority.
>
>> It is not illegal to use a delightful economical convenient viable
>> means of transport, despite it being used for less than 2% of
>> journeys.
>>
> But it should be.

The mark of a civilised country is the way it treats its minorities.
Heil Hitler!

Peter Keller

May 9, 2015, 4:28:41 AM5/9/15
On Fri, 08 May 2015 18:04:33 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> I find it pointless as a means of transport if you have access to a car.

Well I don't, for many purposes.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 9, 2015, 7:33:38 PM5/9/15
Like?

--
Two cowboys are talking over a beer, discussing various sex positions.
The first cowboy says his favorite position is "the rodeo".

Peter Keller

May 10, 2015, 5:01:20 AM5/10/15
On Sun, 10 May 2015 00:33:32 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> On Sat, 09 May 2015 09:27:35 +0100, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 08 May 2015 18:04:33 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>
>>> I find it pointless as a means of transport if you have access to a
>>> car.
>>
>> Well I don't, for many purposes.
>
> Like?

Carrying small things
Visiting
Going where there are no parks.
Breathing fresh air off the countryside.
Air in hair.
Lots of things.
That is all I am going to say.
I am not going to have control freaks dictate how I get around.
And I am not dictating how you should get around.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 10, 2015, 11:51:21 AM5/10/15
On Sun, 10 May 2015 10:00:12 +0100, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2015 00:33:32 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 09 May 2015 09:27:35 +0100, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk>
>> wrote:

>>> Well I don't, for many purposes.
>>
>> Like?
>
> Carrying small things

Can be done quicker and more comfortably in a car.

> Visiting

Can be done quicker and more comfortably in a car.

> Going where there are no parks.

I take it you mean car parks. That's not often that happens, unless you live in one of those silly congested cities.

> Breathing fresh air off the countryside.

I already said cycling is for leisure. If you just want fresh air while you travel, open the car window.

> Air in hair.

Get a convertible, anyway that doesn't work with one of those alien growth cycle helmets.

> Lots of things.
> That is all I am going to say.
> I am not going to have control freaks dictate how I get around.
> And I am not dictating how you should get around.

--
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me. I'm always getting in the way of something...

Peter Keller

May 11, 2015, 4:51:38 AM5/11/15
you cannot conceive that other people might be different from you, with
different preferences, can you?
Heil Hitler!

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 12, 2015, 2:55:17 PM5/12/15
I just stated that a car is more comfortable, faster, more convenient to carry things, all sorts. These are facts not opinions.

--
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history--with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Peter Keller

May 13, 2015, 5:43:54 AM5/13/15
Those are your opinions.
My opinions are different.
"comfortable" "more convenient" are subjective feelings. not objective
facts.
I will not have my subjective feelings controlled by you, Hitler.
The only adjective I might agree with, sometimes, is "faster".
I do not have the arrogance (or guts, take your pick) to control your
opinions.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 13, 2015, 10:44:52 AM5/13/15
Sitting on a saddle is not more comfortable than a soft chair, for anyone.

--
Two crows together is an attempted murder.
Message has been deleted

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 13, 2015, 5:46:35 PM5/13/15
On Wed, 13 May 2015 22:38:36 +0100, Phil W Lee <ph...@lee-family.me.uk> wrote:

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> considered Tue, 12 May 2015
> More comfortable is a matter of opinion and the specific vehicles
> under consideration.

Between cars it's a matter of opinion, but not between a car and a bike. You might aswell compare garden furniture and a sofa.

> Faster is simply untrue in any urban area, as even Top Gear were forced to acknowledge.

Why the fuck would you live in a shithole like that?

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.

Peter Keller

May 14, 2015, 6:25:09 AM5/14/15
That is your belief. Not necessarily a fact in all circumstances.
How do you know that my bum is the same as yours? Have you seen it?

Peter Keller

May 14, 2015, 6:26:16 AM5/14/15
On Wed, 13 May 2015 22:38:36 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> considered Tue, 12 May 2015 19:55:14
> +0100 the perfect time to write:
>
> More comfortable is a matter of opinion and the specific vehicles under
> consideration. Faster is simply untrue in any urban area, as even Top
> Gear were forced to acknowledge.

He is so arrogant as to think that his opinions must be establiched facts.

Peter Keller

May 14, 2015, 6:29:08 AM5/14/15
Also between a car and a bike
> You might aswell compare garden furniture and a sofa.
What does that have to do with the price of hagfish?

>> Faster is simply untrue in any urban area, as even Top Gear were forced
>> to acknowledge.
>
> Why the fuck would you live in a shithole like that?
Some people have to. Something to do with jobs, money, etc.
"Shithole" is only your opinion, also.

The Medway Handyman

May 14, 2015, 1:44:17 PM5/14/15
On 13/05/2015 22:38, Phil W Lee wrote:

>> I just stated that a car is more comfortable, faster, more convenient to carry things, all sorts. These are facts not opinions.
>
> More comfortable is a matter of opinion and the specific vehicles
> under consideration.

Anybody who believes that a thin, hard bicycle seat is more comfortable
than a car seat is either an imbecile or has a bizarre anal fetish. You
probably qualify on both grounds.

> Faster is simply untrue in any urban area, as
> even Top Gear were forced to acknowledge.

Top Gear weren't forced to acknowledge anything of the sort, idiot. The
challenge was clearly staged for TV entertainment only.

It certainly doesn't apply to 'any urban area'. I'll wager £1,000 that a
bicycle would lose on either of two urban area journeys of my choice.

colwyn

May 14, 2015, 2:29:38 PM5/14/15
I would wager a bicycle to win on ANY route of MY choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNyadU6NPEU

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 14, 2015, 7:08:20 PM5/14/15
Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd have them in our houses.

>>> Faster is simply untrue in any urban area, as even Top Gear were forced
>>> to acknowledge.
>>
>> Why the fuck would you live in a shithole like that?
> Some people have to. Something to do with jobs, money, etc.
> "Shithole" is only your opinion, also.

Overpopulated. Verging on prison cell. A cyclists, who enjoys fresh air and countryside, should appreciate this.

--
Peter is listening to The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 14, 2015, 7:08:43 PM5/14/15
I am intelligent enough to know when I'm right.

--
In the UK, 17% of employees are health and safety officers.
Say NO! to health and safety in the workplace, before there are no real workers left!

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 14, 2015, 7:09:00 PM5/14/15
What do you sit on to watch TV?

bm

May 14, 2015, 8:17:00 PM5/14/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
Yea?
LMFAO
You silly PHucker.

Peter Keller

May 15, 2015, 7:19:53 AM5/15/15
What does that have to do with transport choices?

PS Most TV is shi*t.

Peter Keller

May 15, 2015, 7:22:16 AM5/15/15
On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:17 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd have
> them in our houses.

Bullshit.
I only need to find one person who says a saddle is more comfortable then
a chair to prove you are a liar.

> Overpopulated. Verging on prison cell. A cyclists, who enjoys fresh
> air and countryside, should appreciate this.

So bicycling is great?

Peter Keller

May 15, 2015, 7:23:06 AM5/15/15
On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:41 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> I am intelligent enough to know when I'm right.

Suit yourself.
I have absolutely no desire to be like you.

Peter Keller

May 15, 2015, 7:25:58 AM5/15/15
On Thu, 14 May 2015 18:44:19 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

> Anybody who believes that a thin, hard bicycle seat is more comfortable
> than a car seat is either an imbecile or has a bizarre anal fetish. You
> probably qualify on both grounds.

And I. And loving it.
Thanks very much grand sir for your great accolades.
Now please direct to me from you the further compliment of cockered bum-
bailey poofter

Tarcap

May 15, 2015, 10:10:38 AM5/15/15

"Peter Keller" wrote in message news:mj4kr3$h4$2...@dont-email.me...

On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:17 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd have
> them in our houses.

Bullshit.
I only need to find one person who says a saddle is more comfortable then
a chair to prove you are a liar.

But then you would have already found one liar, so you wouldn't have to go
looking for more, would you?

The Medway Handyman

May 15, 2015, 3:17:08 PM5/15/15
That isn't filtering, it's dangerously weaving through traffic in order
to jump the queue. Why do cyclists complain about cars passing too
closely but seem happy about the reverse?

Peter Keller

May 16, 2015, 5:05:12 AM5/16/15
Correct. I can enjoy my comfortable bicycle saddle while appreciating
the delights of bicycling instead.

colwyn

May 16, 2015, 6:09:37 AM5/16/15

YOU SAID:
It certainly doesn't apply to 'any urban area'. I'll wager £1,000 that
a bicycle would lose on either of two urban area journeys of my choice.

I replied:
I would wager a bicycle to win on ANY route of MY choice!

I then showed an example of a clip to illustrate my point.
I could have chosen: Cycle path runs (part of which are in that video)
Bus Routes ( where push-bikes are permitted ) Short cuts on shared path.
or legal filtering at busy times.

My point still stands and my "toy" would still get to MY destination first!

I was left wondering, why anybody would want to challenge you (or me) on
a skewed wager?

JNugent

May 16, 2015, 6:56:24 AM5/16/15
You and lots of others, I'd say.

JNugent

May 16, 2015, 6:58:22 AM5/16/15
Excellent point.

The celebrated "Top Gear" commuter competitions were exactly that: rigged.

Real commuter journeys don't start in inner-city locations and end at
other locations within the same inner-city. Or at least, the vast
majority don't.

colwyn

May 16, 2015, 7:52:05 AM5/16/15
Inner-city - I would venture, door to door, a bicycle would beat a car
on most up to 2-3 mile run. By the time you got your motor out of the
garage/ car park/ parking space next road and found parking space at
your destination I would be ready at work (for example)

colwyn

May 16, 2015, 7:55:52 AM5/16/15
Just as an afterthought, my paper boy/girl would beat car transport any
time!

Tarcap

May 16, 2015, 8:10:58 AM5/16/15

"colwyn" wrote in message news:mj7av1$r45$1...@dont-email.me...
Don't forget to factor in the showering/ changing time at the end of the
journey, though.
Or are you quite happy to share your Eau de polecat with your co-workers?

colwyn

May 16, 2015, 8:49:18 AM5/16/15
What? Building site/ Garbage disposal/ Water treatment / Chimney sweep/
Sewerage plant/ I am sure you find many more by typing " smelly jobs"
into Google.
But seriously, I don't think short distances on a bike at a reasonable
speed would cause any more smelly perspiration than sitting in a queue
of stalled traffic clutching a sweaty steering wheel. As a guess I think
cyclists are much better at personal hygiene. By the way sweat does NOT
smell!

(Researchers found barely half of British adults always wash their hands
with soap after visiting the toilet. And a quarter of workers claim to
be too rushed to wash and dry their hands properly after nipping to the loo.

A morning shower is regularly skipped by 58 per cent of men, with a
quarter admitting they would rather have the extra time in bed. One in
three said they simply couldn’t be bothered.)
Full article here:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/327486/What-a-dirty-lot-so-many-skip-hygiene

Tarcap

May 16, 2015, 9:15:15 AM5/16/15

"colwyn" wrote in message news:mj7ea9$72i$1...@dont-email.me...
But that is all part of that particular job. Sitting in an office (or
similar environment) next to someone smelling like a wildebeest is
definitely not.

But seriously, I don't think short distances on a bike at a reasonable
speed would cause any more smelly perspiration than sitting in a queue
of stalled traffic clutching a sweaty steering wheel.

I've heard that bullshit before on this NG. I didn't believe it then, and I
certainly don't now.
It could be that you don't smell your own stink, in the same way that a
skunk doesn't find his own smell offensive, perhaps?

By the way, all the cars that I've owned for the last 20 years or so have
had climate control/aircon. My steering wheel is far from sweaty.

As a guess I think cyclists are much better at personal hygiene.

Do you have a cite for that, or did you just make it up?

By the way sweat does NOT smell!

As I thought, you are oblivious to your own stench.

(Researchers found barely half of British adults always wash their hands
with soap after visiting the toilet. And a quarter of workers claim to
be too rushed to wash and dry their hands properly after nipping to the loo.

A morning shower is regularly skipped by 58 per cent of men, with a
quarter admitting they would rather have the extra time in bed. One in
three said they simply couldn’t be bothered.)

And quite a few compound the issue by pedalling to work on a bike, without
even showering then!

JNugent

May 16, 2015, 9:23:19 AM5/16/15
On 16/05/2015 12:52, colwyn wrote:
Absolutely: a made-up journey to work that hardly exists in the real
world outside the rarified environs of inner West London can be tweaked
so that a bicycle "wins".

You won't find many to disagree with that.

I wonder whether a cyclist would have beaten me yesterday on my 67 mile
journey to work (by car)?

Mrcheerful

May 16, 2015, 9:29:29 AM5/16/15
Or mine yesterday, over 50 miles each way, with a mate, plus over a
hundredweight of tools. 55 minutes there and 1hr10 back, in air
conditioned comfort.

colwyn

May 16, 2015, 9:39:46 AM5/16/15
It was you who generalised - anyone suffering body odour has a problem,
not necessarily a bicycle.

> But seriously, I don't think short distances on a bike at a reasonable
> speed would cause any more smelly perspiration than sitting in a queue
> of stalled traffic clutching a sweaty steering wheel.
>
> I've heard that bullshit before on this NG. I didn't believe it then,
> and I certainly don't now.
> It could be that you don't smell your own stink, in the same way that a
> skunk doesn't find his own smell offensive, perhaps?

Just open your eyes and do some research!

> As a guess I think cyclists are much better at personal hygiene.
>
> Do you have a cite for that, or did you just make it up?

I said "AS A GUESS" It's uncomfortable sitting in wet/damp clothes

> By the way sweat does NOT smell!
>
> As I thought, you are oblivious to your own stench.
> http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-odour/Pages/Introduction.aspx

SWEAT DOES NOT SMELL - Just look it up , don't think!
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-odour/Pages/Introduction.aspx

> (Researchers found barely half of British adults always wash their hands
> with soap after visiting the toilet. And a quarter of workers claim to
> be too rushed to wash and dry their hands properly after nipping to the
> loo.
>
> A morning shower is regularly skipped by 58 per cent of men, with a
> quarter admitting they would rather have the extra time in bed. One in
> three said they simply couldn’t be bothered.)
>
> And quite a few compound the issue by pedalling to work on a bike,
without even showering then!
If there are only 2% of people cycling the other 56% regularly skipping
on Hygiene could either be you or the next person you shake hands with.

The Medway Handyman

May 16, 2015, 10:39:04 AM5/16/15
On 16/05/2015 12:52, colwyn wrote:
However, if you commuted from the Medway Towns to London - as thousands
of people do on a daily basis, a push bike is a hopeless alternative.

The Medway Handyman

May 16, 2015, 10:40:28 AM5/16/15
But cyclists do.

The Medway Handyman

May 16, 2015, 10:42:10 AM5/16/15
On 16/05/2015 14:23, JNugent wrote:
Of course they would. It would only take them 5 hours or so.

Tarcap

May 16, 2015, 10:52:54 AM5/16/15

"colwyn" wrote in message news:mj7h8t$j1d$1...@dont-email.me...
You seem to be making the mistake of assuming that all the cyclists are the
clean ones. I have already asked you if you had a cite for that, and you
have already admitted that you had just made it up by just guessing at it.
So you did make it up, then.

Tarcap

May 16, 2015, 11:32:16 AM5/16/15

"colwyn" wrote in message news:mj7h8t$j1d$1...@dont-email.me...
I didn't for one minute suggest that the bicycles smell, just the riders.

> But seriously, I don't think short distances on a bike at a reasonable
> speed would cause any more smelly perspiration than sitting in a queue
> of stalled traffic clutching a sweaty steering wheel.
>
> I've heard that bullshit before on this NG. I didn't believe it then,
> and I certainly don't now.
> It could be that you don't smell your own stink, in the same way that a
> skunk doesn't find his own smell offensive, perhaps?

Just open your eyes and do some research!

I did, that's why I said that cyclists smell, but are in denial of it. As
usual.

> As a guess I think cyclists are much better at personal hygiene.
>
> Do you have a cite for that, or did you just make it up?

I said "AS A GUESS" It's uncomfortable sitting in wet/damp clothes

Yes, that's why I use a car for transport. It has a roof which keeps me dry.

> By the way sweat does NOT smell!
>
> As I thought, you are oblivious to your own stench.
> http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-odour/Pages/Introduction.aspx

SWEAT DOES NOT SMELL - Just look it up , don't think!
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-odour/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Maybe not, but the dampness of the sweat activates others odours. Ever sat
next to a wet dog?
Try it, you'll see what I mean. As long as your own smell is weaker than
that of the wet dog. If not, it would have a cloaking effect and you
wouldn't smell anything. The only way to tell that is if the dog moves away
from you to get away from the smell.

> (Researchers found barely half of British adults always wash their hands
> with soap after visiting the toilet. And a quarter of workers claim to
> be too rushed to wash and dry their hands properly after nipping to the
> loo.
>
> A morning shower is regularly skipped by 58 per cent of men, with a
> quarter admitting they would rather have the extra time in bed. One in
> three said they simply couldn’t be bothered.)
>
> And quite a few compound the issue by pedalling to work on a bike,
without even showering then!
If there are only 2% of people cycling the other 56% regularly skipping
on Hygiene could either be you or the next person you shake hands with.

A good indicator would be if they came into work on a bike and didn't
shower. You would know they were one of the unclean ones. Apart from the
smell, of course, which does tend to give it away a bit.

Mr Pounder Esquire

May 16, 2015, 12:10:19 PM5/16/15

"colwyn" <gudd...@btinternet.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]
That is one of the stupidest things I have read for a very long time.

Bod

May 16, 2015, 12:14:19 PM5/16/15
Really? He is technically correct. Sweat on its own does not smell.
It's the
bacteria.

Sig

May 16, 2015, 1:50:25 PM5/16/15
I suggest you do a bit more reading

Mr Pounder Esquire

May 16, 2015, 3:18:20 PM5/16/15

"Bod" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tarcap

May 16, 2015, 4:02:13 PM5/16/15

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

colwyn <gudd...@btinternet.invalid> considered Sat, 16 May 2015
Not only that, but most regular cyclists would soon learn that poor
personal cleanliness combined with exercise equals skin problems.

Of course, the sedentary people in their cars think they can get away
with staying dirty, and don't believe they stink as a result.
They just turn up the air conditioning.

And stay cool and fresh, with pollutants and grime trapped in their pollen
filters,as opposed to cyclists who arrive smelly, sweaty and grimy.

>> By the way sweat does NOT smell!
>>
>> As I thought, you are oblivious to your own stench.
>> http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-odour/Pages/Introduction.aspx
>
> SWEAT DOES NOT SMELL - Just look it up , don't think!
>http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-odour/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Now what on earth leads you to believe that the failed AI (artificial
ignorance, in this case) program you are responding to has any
capability for thought?

Does that little paragraph actually mean anything, or have you just strung
together some random words in the vain hope of appearing intelligent?
Here's a tip - it didn't work. Hope this helps.

Tarcap

May 16, 2015, 4:04:52 PM5/16/15

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

Bod <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> considered Sat, 16 May 2015 17:14:16 +0100
the perfect time to write:

So the only people who's sweat smells are the dirty ones.
Strangely, it's the non-cyclists who seem to be so convinced that
sweat smells, so I think we have all the evidence needed to reach a
conclusion.

That's my point entirely. Cyclists *think* they don't stink, and are so
obstinate they won't listen when others are trying to help by pointing out
that they are very wrong. As in this case, again.

The Medway Handyman

May 16, 2015, 5:21:44 PM5/16/15
On 16/05/2015 20:45, Phil W Lee wrote:

> Not only that, but most regular cyclists would soon learn that poor
> personal cleanliness combined with exercise equals skin problems.

Then why don't they? Cyclists are smelly, spotty oiks.

> Of course, the sedentary people in their cars think they can get away
> with staying dirty, and don't believe they stink as a result.
> They just turn up the air conditioning.

What leads you to believe that motorists are smelly? Since their faster
form of transport means shorter journey times, they have ample time to
shower - and if they are sedentary they won't break into a sweat..

> Now what on earth leads you to believe that the failed AI (artificial
> ignorance, in this case) program you are responding to has any
> capability for thought?

This is a classic Wanker Lee post. It has everything. Made up facts,
ill conceived & unsupportable opinions and finally an ad hominem attack
when he has no rational argument.

Classic!

No sugar in my Latte M'Lud.

The Medway Handyman

May 16, 2015, 5:23:59 PM5/16/15
On 16/05/2015 20:49, The Idiot Phil W Lee wrote:

> So the only people who's sweat smells are the dirty ones.
> Strangely, it's the non-cyclists who seem to be so convinced that
> sweat smells, so I think we have all the evidence needed to reach a
> conclusion.

We have indeed reached a conclusion M'Lud.

It is indeed non cyclists who believe that cyclists smell. Because they
smell.

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 16, 2015, 5:44:00 PM5/16/15
The majority of the population are thick. You are welcome to join them.

--
Three guys go to a ski lodge, and there aren't enough rooms, so they have to share a bed. In the middle of the night, the guy on the right wakes up and says, "I had this wild, vivid dream of getting a hand job!" The guy on the left wakes up, and unbelievably, he's had the same dream, too. Then the guy in the middle wakes up and says, "That's funny, I dreamt I was skiing!"

Tough Guy no. 1265

May 16, 2015, 5:45:11 PM5/16/15
On Fri, 15 May 2015 12:21:08 +0100, Peter Keller <muzh...@centrum.sk> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:17 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>
>> Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd have
>> them in our houses.
>>
> Bullshit.
> I only need to find one person who says a saddle is more comfortable then
> a chair to prove you are a liar.

You need to find one person who sits on one instead of an armchair in their living room. Even then, you may find the odd freak on a BDSM site. You need to find a handful at least.

>> Overpopulated. Verging on prison cell. A cyclists, who enjoys fresh
>> air and countryside, should appreciate this.
>
> So bicycling is great?

Not in cities.

--
Why do men die before their wives? They want to.

Mrcheerful

May 16, 2015, 8:21:12 PM5/16/15
> On 16/05/2015 20:49, The Idiot Phil W Lee wrote:
>

>> So the only people who's sweat smells are the dirty ones.
>> Strangely, it's the non-cyclists who seem to be so convinced that
>> sweat smells, so I think we have all the evidence needed to reach a
>> conclusion.
>>
> We have indeed reached a conclusion M'Lud.
>
> It is indeed non cyclists who believe that cyclists smell. Because they
> smell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2905824/Is-Australian-hotel-ban-LYCRA-Outcry-sweating-cyclists-parading-Raffles-Hotel-sees-ban-introduced-tight-fitted-clothing.html
It is loading more messages.