Those Bloody Cyclists Are Up To It Again..

John Smith

Nov 27, 2015, 1:02:04 PM11/27/15
Oh, hang on....

<http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/motorcyclist-in-hospital-after-uber-crash-in-shoreditch-a3125016.html>

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Anon)

JNugent

Nov 27, 2015, 3:32:12 PM11/27/15
Not sure it's on topic, but...

QUOTE:
A spokesman for the Met said: “We were called by London Ambulance
Service at 3.04pm today to Great Eastern Street, EC2A, to reports of a
collision between a taxi and a motorbike."

Uber confirmed the driver of the Ford Galaxy car was working for the
minicab app at the time of the crash.
ENDQUOTE

Whatever weird and wonderful description might be made of the vehicle
involved, a "taxi" it absolutely isn't.

This is a London taxi:
<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/1985_Austin_FX4Q_London_taxi.jpg>

This is NOT a London taxi:
<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/1995_Ford_Mondeo_LX_TD_estate_(11053489806).jpg>

If the driver isn't wearing this (or a yellow-instead-of-green
variant), he is not a London taxi-driver:
<https://www.madebycooper.co.uk/images/made/assets/uploads/images/Blog/london-cab-driver-sequential-numbered-badges_860_503_s_c1.jpg>

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 3:35:46 PM11/27/15
On 27/11/2015 18:00, John Smith wrote:
Was he pedaling the motorcycle?

I appreciate you are probably too dim to know the difference between a
cycle and a motorcycle, but there is a clue in the name.

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.

Alycidon

Nov 27, 2015, 3:36:01 PM11/27/15
On Friday, 27 November 2015 18:02:04 UTC, John Smith wrote:
> Oh, hang on....
>
> <http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/motorcyclist-in-hospital-after-uber-crash-in-shoreditch-a3125016.html>

Motorcyclists make up just 1% of road traffic, but 20% of roadkill.
Crazy.

Cycle-Ops

Nov 27, 2015, 3:52:19 PM11/27/15
But at least they are cool and not a bunch of tossers like cyclists.

John Smith

Nov 28, 2015, 5:20:04 AM11/28/15
Do they always wear hi-viz? No?

Well, then.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

John Smith

Nov 30, 2015, 4:14:03 AM11/30/15
JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 27/11/2015 18:00, John Smith wrote:

>> Oh, hang on....
>>
>> <http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/motorcyclist-in-hospital-after-uber-crash-in-shoreditch-a3125016.html>

> Not sure it's on topic, but...

As long as petrolhead trolls keep posting to a newsgroup for cyclists, then
'on topic' and 'off topic' mean nothing.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

Cycle-Ops

Nov 30, 2015, 1:21:47 PM11/30/15
On 30/11/2015 09:12, John Smith wrote:
> JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> On 27/11/2015 18:00, John Smith wrote:
>
>>> Oh, hang on....
>>>
>>> <http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/motorcyclist-in-hospital-after-uber-crash-in-shoreditch-a3125016.html>
>
>> Not sure it's on topic, but...
>
> As long as petrolhead trolls keep posting to a newsgroup for cyclists, then
> 'on topic' and 'off topic' mean nothing.

Why haven’t you written to Cleveland Police, Middlesbrough and Stockton
councils & Highways England yet?