FAVOUR

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 4, 2018, 1:47:36 PM1/4/18
Another glaring example that limeys can't spell.
LOL

Peter Keller

Jan 5, 2018, 5:24:47 AM1/5/18
On 05.01.2018 07:47, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
> Another glaring example that limeys can't spell.
> LOL

"-or
word-forming element making nouns of quality, state, or condition, from
Middle English -our, from Old French -our (Modern French -eur), from
Latin -orem (nominative -or), a suffix added to past participle verbal
stems. Also in some cases from Latin -atorem (nominative -ator)."

So either seems to be correct.
https://www.etymonline.com/word/-or

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 5, 2018, 12:38:26 PM1/5/18
Apples and oranges, son.
But thanks for admitting you buck teeth can't spell.

Peter Keller

Jan 7, 2018, 4:20:43 AM1/7/18
I made no such admission.

Simon Jester

Jan 7, 2018, 8:52:58 AM1/7/18
A 'Favour' was an article of clothing, usually a scarf. that a Lady gave to a Knight before he went in to battle.
Since all Leftpondians are cowards I would not expect you to understand.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 7, 2018, 9:34:36 AM1/7/18
Are you calling Your Colonel a liar?

soup

Jan 7, 2018, 10:30:06 AM1/7/18
On 07/01/2018 14:34, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

> Are you calling Your Colonel a liar?

No, but he's calling you one.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 8, 2018, 3:45:59 PM1/8/18
Don't quit yer day job, limey prick.

James Wilkinson Sword

Jan 9, 2018, 9:24:41 PM1/9/18
On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 18:47:37 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke <burke...@std-girls.com> wrote:

> Another glaring example that limeys can't spell.
> LOL

We can spell, Americans can't. They miss out half the letters because our words are too complicated for their little brains.

--
As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other seniors who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.
"What do you do now that you're retired?"