Cyclists Endagering Pedestrians in Sutton Walk, Waterloo

CJB

Sep 27, 2016, 6:43:46 AM9/27/16
Everyday cyclists are endangering the lives of pedestrians along the Sutton Walk railway arch. There are clear signs at both ends for cyclists to dismount. They do not. Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds. I have witnessed cyclists riding through crowds of concert goers, walking commuter, tourists, young children, wheelchair users, and those with walking aids. The cyclists are arrogant and aggressive and refuse to take care as they barge through many at speed. Any police around do nothing.Everyday cyclists are endangering the lives of pedestrians along the Sutton Walk railway arch. There are clear signs at both ends for cyclists to dismount. They do not. Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds. I have witnessed cyclists riding through crowds of concert goers, walking commuter, tourists, young children, wheelchair users, and those with walking aids. The cyclists are arrogant and aggressive and refuse to take care as they barge through many at speed. Any police around do nothing.

Alycidon

Sep 27, 2016, 6:48:41 AM9/27/16
On Tuesday, 27 September 2016 11:43:46 UTC+1, CJB wrote:
"Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds."

I nearly get knocked down by cars every day whenever I cross the roads.

Nice that you were so observant that you saw his yellow hat. You must have seen him from miles away with that sort of detailed description.

Well done.

Tony Dragon

Sep 27, 2016, 5:28:17 PM9/27/16
They are probably the cyclist who have just rode through the traffic
lights at The Cut/Waterloo road, against the red lights & through
pedestrians crossing while the 'Green Man' is lit.

---

Peter Keller

Sep 28, 2016, 4:12:36 AM9/28/16
On 27.09.2016 23:43, CJB wrote:
> Everyday cyclists are endangering the lives of pedestrians along the Sutton Walk railway arch.

> There are clear signs at both ends for cyclists to dismount. They do not.

> Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds.

It is pretty bloody obvious that wearing a yellow helmet made the
bicyclist especially dangerous.
Yellow helmets should be banned.

Judith

Sep 30, 2016, 4:40:47 AM9/30/16
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 03:43:45 -0700 (PDT), CJB <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Everyday cyclists are endangering the lives of pedestrians along the Sutton Walk railway arch. There are clear signs at both ends for cyclists to dismount. They do not. Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds. I have witnessed cyclists riding through crowds of concert goers, walking commuter, tourists, young children, wheelchair users, and those with walking aids. The cyclists are arrogant and aggressive and refuse to take care as they barge through many at speed. Any police around do nothing.Everyday cyclists are endangering the lives of pedestrians along the Sutton Walk railway arch. There are clear signs at both ends for cyclists to dismount. They do not. Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds. I have witnessed cyclists riding through crowds of concert goers, walking commuter, tourists, young children, wheelchair users, and those with walking aids.
>The cyclists are arrogant and aggressive and refuse to take care as they barge through many at speed. Any police around do nothing.

I think that you should encourage "accidents" where the cyclist collides with a
pedestrian and falls off their machine.

Judith

Sep 30, 2016, 4:41:29 AM9/30/16
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 03:48:40 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, 27 September 2016 11:43:46 UTC+1, CJB wrote:
> "Today I nearly got knocked down by an elderly male (with a yellow helmet) as he pushed through the crowds."
>
>I nearly get knocked down by cars every day whenever I cross the roads.

Relevance to a cycling newsgroup?

Nil.