Cyclist tries for compo jackpot by throwing himself onto a car

MrCheerful

Jun 20, 2018, 3:48:05 AM6/20/18

Peter Keller

Jun 20, 2018, 6:05:30 AM6/20/18

Kerr-Mudd,John

Jun 20, 2018, 7:49:01 AM6/20/18
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 07:48:03 GMT, MrCheerful <g.odon...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/audio-video/crash-for-cash-cyclist-throws-h
> imself-on-car-bonne/

Isn't the ability to read and post to usenet a boon?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

MrCheerful

Jun 20, 2018, 9:38:11 AM6/20/18
On 20/06/2018 12:48, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 07:48:03 GMT, MrCheerful <g.odon...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/audio-video/crash-for-cash-cyclist-throws-h
>> imself-on-car-bonne/
>>

> Isn't the ability to read and post to usenet a boon?

Yes, it can prompt discussion.

TMS320

Jun 20, 2018, 11:05:01 AM6/20/18
On 20/06/18 14:38, MrCheerful wrote:

> Yes, it can prompt discussion.

All you ever do is post links (mostly irrelevant) and run away.

Simon Jester

Jun 20, 2018, 11:53:13 AM6/20/18
On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 8:48:05 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
> https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/audio-video/crash-for-cash-cyclist-throws-himself-on-car-bonne/

A pointless exercise given the number of uninsured motorists on the road.

TMS320

Jun 20, 2018, 12:28:18 PM6/20/18
So the driver slowed down as a precaution. Possibly OK, probably
unnecessary. But, anyway, the driver was now actively giving way. Then
he sounded his horn... sigh.

Bod

Jun 20, 2018, 12:35:06 PM6/20/18
To masturbate.

--
Bod

Peter Keller

Jun 21, 2018, 6:35:38 AM6/21/18
You never discuss things with me.

soup

Jun 23, 2018, 1:56:36 PM6/23/18
A 'full suss' mountain bike on scheme streets ; hardly a cyclist, more
a chav that got hold of a bike (well a BSO).

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jun 23, 2018, 2:58:07 PM6/23/18
Uninsured motorists get caught.
Care to discuss uninsured cyclists being caught?
Thought not .................

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 4:24:52 PM6/23/18
On Saturday, 23 June 2018 19:58:07 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> Uninsured motorists get caught.

What? All 2 million of them?

> Care to discuss uninsured cyclists being caught?

Being caught doing what? Not breaking the law?

Simon Jester

Jun 25, 2018, 6:28:43 PM6/25/18
On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 9:24:52 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 June 2018 19:58:07 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>

> > Uninsured motorists get caught.
>
> What? All 2 million of them?

And that's just the cars with no insurance on the vehicle.
When Mr Pounder is picking up his Drycleaned uniform on his way to his shift at McDonalds he is probably not insured for business use.
Similarly many people car share not realising 'for hire or reward' can mean paying for fuel.

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2018, 3:57:41 AM6/26/18
On Monday, 25 June 2018 23:28:43 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 9:24:52 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Saturday, 23 June 2018 19:58:07 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> >

> > > Uninsured motorists get caught.
> >
> > What? All 2 million of them?
>
> And that's just the cars with no insurance on the vehicle.
> When Mr Pounder is picking up his Drycleaned uniform on his way to his shift at McDonalds he is probably not insured for business use.

Ponder is 64 and too old to work (his words, not mine).

Peter Parry

Jun 26, 2018, 8:11:02 AM6/26/18
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:28:42 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
<sj81...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Similarly many people car share not realising 'for hire or reward' can mean paying for fuel.

Car share is not "for hire or reward" and paying for fuel (and
depreciation) will not affect insurance.

"It’s a commonly held myth that your car insurance policy may be
invalidated if you charge a colleague petrol money for a lift to work.
Admiral policies allow you to accept money for fuel if you carry
passengers as part of a car sharing arrangement. As long as you’re not
making a profit from providing a lift, your car hasn’t been made or
adapted to carry more than eight passengers and you’re not carrying
passengers as customers, your insurance is valid."

"Direct Line encourages car sharing as it is a great way of reducing
our carbon footprint. Our policies contain a condition which states
that we will not provide cover if the policyholder is profiting from
the hire of their vehicle. However, this does not apply to drivers who
are covering their running costs "

"Churchill is happy to cover car sharing as long as the policy holder
is not profiting from the hire of their vehicle... From a legal point
of view, the driver is not permitted to make a profit from providing a
lift; however, the contribution from passengers can include an
appropriate amount towards depreciation and wear and tear. "

"If you are offering lifts to people via sites like Liftshare.com as
long as you aren’t doing it to make a profit your insurance is
unaffected and would be covered as standard."

"Car sharing is a recognised concept, and is covered in Aviva’s policy
wording. In general terms, as long as there is no element of profit
and it’s not part of a business of carrying passengers then it’s
covered under an Aviva car insurance policy."

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jun 26, 2018, 9:44:09 AM6/26/18
Mr Pounder is 67 this year.

Simon Jester

Jun 27, 2018, 5:53:33 PM6/27/18
What happens to professional scroungers like you when you reach mandatory retirement age?
Do you get to stay in your council bedsit?

swldx...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2018, 3:54:01 AM6/28/18
I am 60 and all I get is free prescriptions. 66 is my big freebie year and by then I hope to do a Tom Crispin, get a motorhome and spend all summer in Romania etc.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jun 28, 2018, 9:27:10 AM6/28/18
Silly Billy.