OT cyclist breaks snout

Mr Pounder Esquire

Apr 17, 2016, 1:16:05 PM4/17/16
The embarrassing mishap left him with a broken nose and he was forced to
withdraw from the race.
PMSL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2016/04/17/horrific-moment-cyclist-breaks-nose-falling-over-handlebars-at-a/

JNugent

Apr 17, 2016, 8:26:46 PM4/17/16
QUOTE:
Italian cyclist Fabio Felline had barely crossed the start line when he
flipped head first over his handlebars while in the neutral zone of the
Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. The embarrassing mishap left him with a
broken nose and he was forced to withdraw from the race.
ENDQUOTE

I could have sworn that this is something we were, at one time,
repeatedly told cannot happen.

MrCheerful

Apr 18, 2016, 3:19:31 AM4/18/16
He had his hand in the spokes when it occurred, apparently.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 18, 2016, 8:52:59 AM4/18/16
JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 17/04/2016 18:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

>> The embarrassing mishap left him with a broken nose and he was forced to
>> withdraw from the race.
>> PMSL
>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2016/04/17/horrific-moment-cyclist-breaks-nose-falling-over-handlebars-at-a/

> Italian cyclist Fabio Felline had barely crossed the start line when he
> flipped head first over his handlebars while in the neutral zone of the
> Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. The embarrassing mishap left him with a
> broken nose and he was forced to withdraw from the race. ENDQUOTE
>
> I could have sworn that this is something we were, at one time,
> repeatedly told cannot happen.

Of course, you were 'told' no such thing. This is just another strawman
that you made up.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

MrCheerful

Apr 18, 2016, 9:31:48 AM4/18/16
On 18/04/2016 14:52, Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> On 17/04/2016 18:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>
>>> The embarrassing mishap left him with a broken nose and he was forced to
>>> withdraw from the race.
>>> PMSL
>>
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2016/04/17/horrific-moment-cyclist-breaks-nose-falling-over-handlebars-at-a/
>
>> Italian cyclist Fabio Felline had barely crossed the start line when he
>> flipped head first over his handlebars while in the neutral zone of the
>> Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. The embarrassing mishap left him with a
>> broken nose and he was forced to withdraw from the race. ENDQUOTE
>>
>> I could have sworn that this is something we were, at one time,
>> repeatedly told cannot happen.
>
> Of course, you were 'told' no such thing. This is just another strawman
> that you made up.

No, rotating couples and all sorts of bollocks were spouted to prove
that a cyclist never, ever, goes over the handlebars.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 18, 2016, 10:01:19 AM4/18/16
Please provide a URL to google groups, showing a post in which any cyclist
on this newsgroup ever claimed, 'a cyclist never, ever, goes over the
handlebars'.

MrCheerful

Apr 18, 2016, 10:28:31 AM4/18/16
On 18/04/2016 16:00, Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> MrCheerful <g.odon...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Of course, you were 'told' no such thing. This is just another strawman
>>> that you made up.
>>>

>> No, rotating couples and all sorts of bollocks were spouted to prove
>> that a cyclist never, ever, goes over the handlebars.
>
> Please provide a URL to google groups, showing a post in which any cyclist
> on this newsgroup ever claimed, 'a cyclist never, ever, goes over the
> handlebars'.

Read back through the archives, it is there.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 18, 2016, 5:42:03 PM4/18/16
Another dumbarse troll who thinks that he can make claims and then refuse
to back them up.

That's now how it works, cancerboi. You make the claim, you provide the
proof.

Roger Merriman

Apr 18, 2016, 6:48:56 PM4/18/16
regardless if it is or not.

A young man in a road race attempting to ajust something on the fly, who
apart from braking his nose also has fractured his skull, no bleeds? so
hopefully a full recovery.

But that is a world away from most folks use.

Roger merriman

JNugent

Apr 18, 2016, 8:39:30 PM4/18/16
Have you not noticed yet that you are the only one asking for this evidence?

The rest of the usual suspects (here before you) know full well that
such claims and assertions were made.

And in the same vein, where do you think the "fridge-freezer" line came
from?

The group was solemnly assured that almost every cyclist was insured
against third-party risks by their domestic insurance (even, apparently,
in the relatively high proportion of low-income households that don't
have any insurance).

MrCheerful

Apr 19, 2016, 3:49:01 AM4/19/16
I am still waiting to see all these cycling posts that you make, you
haven't been able to show those, yet claim they exist.

TMS320

Apr 19, 2016, 5:03:02 PM4/19/16
"Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen"

> Another dumbarse troll who thinks that he can make claims and then refuse
> to back them up.

It started as a helmet argument with the claim that "going over the
handlebars" required a helmet. The counter argument is that there is no
rotation to tip the head down and the person making the original claim was
asked to show where such rotation could come from. He provided plenty of
videos of people "going over the bar" in the attempt to give proof but none
showed the necessary rotation. He failed.

Needless to say, all this went over the heads of the usual suspects and the
summary they produce is miles away from the discussion.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 20, 2016, 5:28:03 AM4/20/16
Good attempt to divert attention from my question. But not good enough.

If you want to claim that someone on this group made a post containing the
words 'a cyclist never, ever, goes over the handlebars', or even that
someone made a post implying this, then _you_ supply the proof.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 20, 2016, 5:30:03 AM4/20/16
In other words, the trolls are making things up.

Fancy that, eh..?

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 20, 2016, 5:31:51 AM4/20/16
Ah, the tory troll and his (in)famous command of the concept of logic...

> The rest of the usual suspects (here before you) know full well that
> such claims and assertions were made.

I would suggest that they 'know' no such thing, because no such 'claims
and assertions' were made.

> And in the same vein, where do you think the "fridge-freezer" line came
> from?

Dazzle me.

> The group was solemnly assured that almost every cyclist was insured
> against third-party risks by their domestic insurance (even, apparently,
> in the relatively high proportion of low-income households that don't
> have any insurance).

Again, a blatant lie, because no such thing was ever claimed.

JNugent

Apr 20, 2016, 9:25:16 AM4/20/16
Nobody has made any claim that that specific string of characters has
been used.

TMS320

Apr 20, 2016, 2:05:34 PM4/20/16
"Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen"
<having_great_fun_N...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen"
>
>>> Another dumbarse troll who thinks that he can make claims and then
>>> refuse to back them up.
>
>> It started as a helmet argument with the claim that "going over the
>> handlebars" required a helmet. The counter argument is that there is no
>> rotation to tip the head down and the person making the original claim
>> was asked to show where such rotation could come from. He provided plenty
>> of videos of people "going over the bar" in the attempt to give proof but
>> none showed the necessary rotation. He failed.
>>
>> Needless to say, all this went over the heads of the usual suspects and
>> the summary they produce is miles away from the discussion.
>
> In other words, the trolls are making things up.

... but it's impossible for them to do that.

> Fancy that, eh..?

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 20, 2016, 6:34:04 PM4/20/16
They're too careful for that, aren't they?

So, for an extra brownie point:

Please provide a URL to google groups, showing a post in which any cyclist
on this newsgroup ever claimed that cyclists never, ever, go over the
handlebars.

JNugent

Apr 20, 2016, 7:12:37 PM4/20/16
Would you think so?

No, of course you wouldn't.

> So, for an extra brownie point:
> Please provide a URL to google groups, showing a post in which any cyclist
> on this newsgroup ever claimed that cyclists never, ever, go over the
> handlebars.

No.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 21, 2016, 5:52:04 AM4/21/16
*roars with laughter*

JNugent

Apr 21, 2016, 6:57:47 AM4/21/16
On 21/04/2016 10:50, Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> On 20/04/2016 23:32, Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen wrote:

>>> So, for an extra brownie point: Please provide a URL to google groups,
>>> showing a post in which any cyclist on this newsgroup ever claimed that
>>> cyclists never, ever, go over the handlebars.

>> No.

> *roars with laughter*

Small things amuse...

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 21, 2016, 8:52:02 AM4/21/16
In this case, your IQ. It's hilarious [1].

[1] although not as funny as you what you _think_ your IQ is....

JNugent

Apr 21, 2016, 9:05:13 AM4/21/16
On 21/04/2016 13:51, Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>>> *roars with laughter*

>> Small things amuse...
>
> In this case, your IQ. It's hilarious [1].
> [1] although not as funny as you what you _think_ your IQ is....

Isn't it a shame that you are incapable of actually discussing anything
in the manner of an adult?

It must cause you no end of embarrassment in everyday life.

Nick

Apr 22, 2016, 6:24:30 PM4/22/16
From Macaw earlier

Unstable contraptions those bikes:
<https://youtu.be/ky3OcJR-5N4?t=7m15s>

Looks like rotation to me.

TMS320

Apr 22, 2016, 7:01:31 PM4/22/16

"Nick" <Nick...@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
Ah well. A lot of energy in that wheel (amazing how high into the air the
bike went).
6:08 is the usual type.

Bret Cahill

Apr 23, 2016, 1:39:31 AM4/23/16
Yet he _still_ looks better than most motorists!

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 23, 2016, 2:38:06 PM4/23/16
Well, you've gone strangely quiet.... I wonder why that should be.

Nick

Apr 24, 2016, 7:32:28 AM4/24/16
On 23/04/2016 00:00, TMS320 wrote:

>> Looks like rotation to me.
>
> Ah well. A lot of energy in that wheel (amazing how high into the air the
> bike went).
> 6:08 is the usual type.

Yep, it certainly went up.

I was once hospitalised after a similar emergency dismount. I had a head
injury which I always suspected was due to the bike landing on the back
of my head but I was never sure if it was possible. This video tends to
suggest it is possible.

Judith

Apr 29, 2016, 3:33:48 AM4/29/16
On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 18:15:44 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
<MrPo...@RationalThought.com> wrote:

>The embarrassing mishap left him with a broken nose and he was forced to
>withdraw from the race.
>PMSL
>
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2016/04/17/horrific-moment-cyclist-breaks-nose-falling-over-handlebars-at-a/

That footage has obviously been fabricated : cyclists cannot go over their
handle-bars - it is a physical impossibility

MrCheerful

Apr 29, 2016, 4:47:56 AM4/29/16
Apparently you must now quote the details of the post that used that
exact string of words.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 29, 2016, 5:41:30 AM4/29/16
Oh, look ...... another straw man. Poor thicko cunt loses another one!

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

Apr 29, 2016, 11:20:03 AM4/29/16
'course, we all know why.

You fucking thick cunt.