Sunday's race result

TMS320

Apr 22, 2014, 3:37:57 PM4/22/14
49.28km in 3hr 24min. Hmm, I seem to be getting slower.

I wonder whether it has something to do with going short on carbs as,
apparently, calories expended exceeded those received from beer by a factor
of 6 to 1. It's also possible that I don't take in enough fluids.

But in better news, my maximum speed of 49.8kmh was higher than previous and
was achieved going down the wrong side of the road.

Tarcap

Apr 23, 2014, 2:48:35 AM4/23/14

"TMS320" wrote in message news:lj6hd5$sug$1...@dont-email.me...
You'll have to do a lot better than that, if you want to become the resident
troll.

soup

Apr 23, 2014, 5:52:55 AM4/23/14
TMS320 wrote:
> 49.28km in 3hr 24min. Hmm, I seem to be getting slower.

Seriously?
30˝ miles in 3hr 24 min.
Mind you at least you are out there doing something.

> But in better news, my maximum speed of 49.8kmh was higher than previous and
> was achieved going down the wrong side of the road.

I remember I once went 40 Miles/hour by mistake, (I was so 'ARRGGHH'
that I forgot to apply brakes).

Tarcap

Apr 23, 2014, 6:01:46 AM4/23/14

"soup" wrote in message news:lj82hn$ggr$1...@dont-email.me...
A clear argument for compulsory training and testing for competence.

TMS320

Apr 23, 2014, 6:51:55 AM4/23/14
"soup" <cheezs...@hotmail.com> wrote
> TMS320 wrote:
>> 49.28km in 3hr 24min. Hmm, I seem to be getting slower.
>
> Seriously?
> 30½ miles in 3hr 24 min.

Probably. Some weirdness in the gps; it sometimes dithers all over the
place when stationary.

You should go into the history of urc about people wanting to ban any
"event" that involves an element of timing. They went quiet when asked to
produce a workable definition.

> Mind you at least you are out there doing something.

There can be more to a bicycle ride than staring at a patch of
tarmac. I tend to ride as a hare but cover ground like a tortoise.

>> But in better news, my maximum speed of 49.8kmh was higher than previous
>> and
>> was achieved going down the wrong side of the road.

> I remember I once went 40 Miles/hour by mistake, (I was so 'ARRGGHH'
> that I forgot to apply brakes).

My turn now. Only 40mph?...

Judith

Apr 23, 2014, 7:49:25 AM4/23/14
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:51:55 +0100, "TMS320" <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"soup" <cheezs...@hotmail.com> wrote
>> TMS320 wrote:
>>> 49.28km in 3hr 24min. Hmm, I seem to be getting slower.
>>
>> Seriously?
>> 30½ miles in 3hr 24 min.
>
>Probably. Some weirdness in the gps; it sometimes dithers all over the
>place when stationary.
>
>You should go into the history of urc about people wanting to ban any
>"event" that involves an element of timing. They went quiet when asked to
>produce a workable definition.

a competition between cyclists to see which is the fastest in covering a set
course.

You really are thick.

Bertie Wooster

Apr 23, 2014, 8:44:24 AM4/23/14
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:51:55 +0100, "TMS320" <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:

I once managed a recorded 51.5 mph (in a 50 zone) on a mountain bike
with slick tyres - though I do think that the computer was
over-reading speed by about 10%.
Location:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.143729,-1.981752,3a,75y,202.09h,71.83t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEvdyxCHfHjRpcgz4yn75Tw!2e0?hl=en

Judith

Apr 23, 2014, 8:38:42 AM4/23/14

"Judith" wrote in message

Judith

Apr 23, 2014, 8:39:08 AM4/23/14

"Judith" wrote in message
> [...]

and you are a spineless coward

Peter Keller

Apr 24, 2014, 4:53:02 AM4/24/14
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:49:25 +0100, Judith wrote:

> You really are thick.

Why do people insult others?

They could be insecure with themselves and feel better directing the
attention to others....

soup

Apr 28, 2014, 7:17:57 AM4/28/14
On 23/04/2014 11:51, TMS320 wrote:

> My turn now. Only 40mph?...

That is not the fastest I have been on a bicycle.
Merely the fastest whilst "forgetting" to apply the brakes.