OT: Motorcyclist gets a slap for riding on cycle path

Alycidon

Nov 26, 2015, 5:17:29 AM11/26/15

John Smith

Nov 26, 2015, 6:00:03 AM11/26/15
Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Get a good left hander and is sent spinning to the ground.
>
> https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30199344/scooter-rider-punched-in-the-head-by-cyclist-for-using-wrong-lane/

'A message from the moped driver reads "Yes I am allowed to be in the
cycle lane"....'

Erm, no you're fucking not, you twat.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

JNugent

Nov 26, 2015, 6:25:01 AM11/26/15
On 26/11/2015 10:17, Alycidon wrote:

> Get a good left hander and is sent spinning to the ground.
>
> https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30199344/scooter-rider-punched-in-the-head-by-cyclist-for-using-wrong-lane/

Apparently, it's a terrible crime to push a cyclist into a hedge, but
it's perfectly permissible - and even praiseworthy - for a cyclist to
seriously endanger the life of a motor-cyclist by punching him
(delivering a "good left hander") when he is travelling at speed.

I think they call it "moral relativism". Or perhaps "degeneracy".

John Smith

Nov 26, 2015, 9:36:04 AM11/26/15
JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 26/11/2015 10:17, Alycidon wrote:

>> Get a good left hander and is sent spinning to the ground.
>>
>> https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30199344/scooter-rider-punched-in-the-head-by-cyclist-for-using-wrong-lane/

> Apparently, it's a terrible crime to push a cyclist into a hedge, but
> it's perfectly permissible - and even praiseworthy - for a cyclist to
> seriously endanger the life of a motor-cyclist by punching him
> (delivering a "good left hander") when he is travelling at speed.

* Motorcyclist was in the wrong

* Cyclist was in the right

Come on .. it's not _that_ difficult. Even you should be able to grasp it.
I mean.. it's not even like I wrote it in Latin.....

Rob Morley

Nov 26, 2015, 1:13:16 PM11/26/15
On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:00:01 +0000
John Smith <john_NOSPAM_...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Get a good left hander and is sent spinning to the ground.
> >
> > https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30199344/scooter-rider-punched-in-the-head-by-cyclist-for-using-wrong-lane/
>
> 'A message from the moped driver reads "Yes I am allowed to
> be in the cycle lane"....'
>
> Erm, no you're fucking not, you twat.

Reports can be very light on relevant facts - was it a moped or was it
in fact an electrically assisted pedal cycle? Where was it? Looks
like a UK shared use pavement, but everyone is driving on the right so
it's somewhere on the mainland. And he didn't punch the moped rider, he
slapped his helmet and his camera fell off. Because he thought he was
too fast/close? The common saying: "If your (car) is close enough to
get kicked then you're driving too close to cyclists". Not sure how
that translates to pedelecs, which are in English law almost
indistinguishable from ordinary pedal cycles

Alycidon

Nov 27, 2015, 12:42:11 PM11/27/15
On Thursday, 26 November 2015 18:13:16 UTC, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:00:01 +0000
> John Smith <john_NOSPAM_...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Get a good left hander and is sent spinning to the ground.
> > >
> > > https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30199344/scooter-rider-punched-in-the-head-by-cyclist-for-using-wrong-lane/
> >
> > 'A message from the moped driver reads "Yes I am allowed to
> > be in the cycle lane"....'
> >
> > Erm, no you're fucking not, you twat.
> >
> Reports can be very light on relevant facts - was it a moped or was it
> in fact an electrically assisted pedal cycle? Where was it?

Apparently, it was in Sweden and they were taking Swedish in the clip.

Judith

Nov 29, 2015, 5:41:34 PM11/29/15
What's Swedish - why do they take it?

I suppose if it's a drug, it will be something that cyclists take.

Cycle-Ops

Nov 29, 2015, 7:21:09 PM11/29/15
I believe it's similar to 'Citreon' which Salt & Wriggler mentioned.

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.