Cyclist attacked with axe while travelling to work between Middlesbrough and Redcar

Mr Pounder Esquire

Jul 14, 2017, 3:19:54 PM7/14/17
The thing was probably on the footpath as always and got punished.
Let's hope that this sort of justice catches on.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15411847.Axe_attack_on_cyclist_travelling_to_work/?action=success

colwyn

Jul 14, 2017, 3:58:13 PM7/14/17
In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to
commit a crime.

Christie

Jul 14, 2017, 5:13:36 PM7/14/17
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

>The thing was probably on the footpath as always and got punished.

Probably not, more like. Why could it not be more like a premeditated
attack on some bloke and nothing to do with cycling at all? How many
times have you been confronted of a morning by a group of men, one of
whom is armed with an axe handle?

It is not the kind of thing someone just happens to have conveniently
to hand, no more so than a 5" chisel.
Justice? How come you think you know all about this incident from
reading that short news report?

Incubus

Jul 17, 2017, 4:27:34 AM7/17/17
Is wishing for something to happen the same as encouraging it? I would
say not.

Ian Smith

Jul 17, 2017, 7:56:56 AM7/17/17
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:27:32 +0100, Incubus <incubus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/07/2017 20:58, colwyn wrote:
> > On 14/07/2017 20:19, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> >>
> >> The thing was probably on the footpath as always and got
> >> punished. Let's hope that this sort of justice catches on.
> >
> > In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person
> > to commit a crime.
>
> Is wishing for something to happen the same as encouraging it? I
> would say not.

Silently wishing for it to happen, I would agree with you.

Publishing in a public forum and approving comment and saying "let's
hope this catches on" would fall into encouraging it, in my opinion.
It would be for a court to decide.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Bod

Jul 17, 2017, 8:09:54 AM7/17/17
It comes under Incitement.

Incubus

Jul 17, 2017, 11:23:52 AM7/17/17
On 17/07/2017 12:52, Ian Smith wrote:
Let's hope your interpretation of the law and belief in freedom of
expression doesn't catch on.