Lights

Simon Jester

Feb 22, 2019, 7:53:05 AM2/22/19

As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

Peter Keller

Feb 23, 2019, 4:20:56 AM2/23/19
On 23/02/2019 01:53, Simon Jester wrote:

> As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

Also as a bicyclist.
+1

TMS320

Feb 23, 2019, 5:19:11 AM2/23/19
On 22/02/2019 12:53, Simon Jester wrote:

> As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on
> unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

As driver and pedestrian I don't mind if bicycles don't have lights when
they are ridden under streetlamps.

Yes, I hate flashing lights too. On the bike I will only have a flashing
light under streetlamps or on unlit roads if I also have a steady light.
The flashing light will be the weaker of the two.

Rob Morley

Feb 24, 2019, 3:14:36 PM2/24/19
It's the "easy to spot" that makes the annoyance worthwhile. I
generally use a flasher and a steady light at each end, although two
different flashers at the back is either extra noticeable or extra
annoying - not sure which.