Car gets doored by another car

Alycidon

Sep 21, 2016, 8:39:31 AM9/21/16
We are always told this is impossible.

QUOTE:
"A shocking video shows a motorist smashing the door of a parked car after it was opened just as they drove past.

But did the driver have time to react or was the man in the stationary car entirely at fault?

The alarming scene was captured on a dashcam from a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction in Edinburgh earlier this month."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3799768/Volvo-driver-getting-parked-car-door-smashed-passing-Peugeot-blame.html#ixzz4KtSifqB5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Jude

Sep 21, 2016, 9:57:48 AM9/21/16
From Alycidon <swld...@gmail.com>:

>We are always told this is impossible.
>
>QUOTE:
>"A shocking video shows a motorist smashing the door of a parked car after it was opened just as they drove past.
>
>But did the driver have time to react or was the man in the stationary car entirely at fault?"

Why aren't we being shown the video from the start? It was obviously the
cyclist's fault.

He cycled by too quickly to be doored by the guy in the stationary car.
Witnesses say the cyclist looked back to have a little laugh.

JNugent

Oct 10, 2016, 1:05:57 PM10/10/16
You have never been told that this is impossible, so that's a lie.

What you have been told is that drivers do not feel the need to obstruct
the crown road on the pretext that they cannot drive "within in the door
zone [sic]".

So they don't.

caddys...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 4:10:02 PM10/10/16
On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6:05:57 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

> You have never been told that this is impossible, so that's a lie.
>
> What you have been told is that drivers do not feel the need to obstruct
> the crown road on the pretext that they cannot drive "within in the door
> zone [sic]".
>
> So they don't.

So why does the Highway Code tell cyclists to stay out of the door zone?

MrCheerful

Oct 10, 2016, 6:17:29 PM10/10/16
It does not say that. and since when do cyclists know anything about
the HC or follow any advice? It does say in the HC that cyclists must
not ride on the pavement, so they do the opposite.

JNugent

Oct 11, 2016, 7:14:15 AM10/11/16
On 10/10/2016 21:10, caddys...@gmail.com wrote:
A Does the Highway Code "tell" cyclists to do that?

B. Are cyclists well-known for doing what they are told (or even
advised) to do?

JNugent

Oct 11, 2016, 7:14:45 AM10/11/16
Good point, well made.