Cyclists make up 70% of Blackfriars Bridge traffic after superhighway built

74 vues

Bod

non lue,
1 déc. 2016, 06:28:5101/12/2016
The change of use was almost as dramatic on Victoria Embankment, part of
the flagship East-West superhighway, with cyclists forming 52 per cent
of traffic at the busiest times. A total of 4,695 cyclists used the
North-South superhighway on Blackfriars Bridge in the three-hour morning
peak — one rider almost every two seconds — while 3,608 used the
Embankment route.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/cyclists-make-up-70-of-blackfriars-bridge-traffic-a3409351.html

TMS320

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 06:18:2702/12/2016
I passed that way several months ago (*). One in the eye for the
mutturrists.

When visiting cities it becomes obvious that if passenger vehicles could
somehow be banned, the effect on the movement of people would be
negligible.

(*) This was on foot. That day, I walked about 12 miles - which is
probably 21119 yards more than some posters here do. I thought that
cyclists swearing, crashing into people on pavements, going through red
lights etc, was a free tourist attraction. I was disappointed.

MrCheerful

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 06:31:5702/12/2016
what is missing is the information on how many people were able to
travel in the same time period BEFORE the crippling of the road system
by the cycle lanes

TMS320

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 06:58:3902/12/2016
Nothing missing. I am looking at the passenger vehicles (for Nugent's
benefit, that means private cars) still being used. I've been to
Barcelona and Manhatten this year (in both places walking about 70 miles
over 4 days) and the same comment applies. Even Manhatten is now making
slow steps to restrict the few for the benefit of many.

MrCheerful

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 07:12:2802/12/2016
There is no point in a statistic unless you have something to compare it
with.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 12:30:1102/12/2016
Motorists crippled the road system by travelling alone in vehicles designed to carry 5 people.

JNugent

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 12:38:2402/12/2016
Would the roads have been less crippled if each driver brought four
passengers, each of whom was bypassing public transport?

PS: You'd have a job fitting five adults into our runabout car.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 12:55:0302/12/2016
I don't speak Wrigglish, what are you talking about?

JNugent

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 15:17:0002/12/2016
I am talking about your idiotically-mindboggling assertion to the effect
that empty car seats make the roads congested.

How do the roads know how many people are in each car?

Would the roads be less congested if every car was filled with people
who would othersie either use PT or not travel at all?

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 16:24:3402/12/2016
http://h2g2.com/entry/A857874

A robot was programmed to believe that it liked herring sandwiches. This was actually the most difficult part of the whole experiment. Once the robot had been programmed to believe that it liked herring sandwiches, a herring sandwich was placed in front of it. Where upon the robot thought to itself, Ah! A herring sandwich! I like herring sandwiches.

Would it make any difference if they used cochineal with the fish?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 17:40:2602/12/2016
There is no point in trying to explain simple logic to cyclists. They don't understand the simplest of things. Cars go faster, this is an undeniable fact. Bicycles are a thing of the past, from before we invented the internal combustion engine.

--
Some believe that the world converting to the metric system would greatly simplify our measures. But look what would really happen to our old cliches:
A miss is as good as 1.6 kilometres.

Simon Mason

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 17:43:2102/12/2016

> > Would the roads be less congested if every car was filled with people
> > who would othersie either use PT or not travel at all?
>
> There is no point in trying to explain simple logic to cyclists. They don't understand the simplest of things. Cars go faster, this is an undeniable fact. Bicycles are a thing of the past, from before we invented the internal combustion engine.

http://www.cycling-embassy.dk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gehl-11.jpg

JNugent

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 18:23:5502/12/2016
That sums to "I don't know".

JNugent

non lue,
2 déc. 2016, 18:28:2502/12/2016

Simon Mason

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 01:02:2203/12/2016
On Friday, 2 December 2016 21:24:34 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

> Would it make any difference if they used cochineal with the fish?

In his 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land, science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein refers to a character named "Professor" Simon Mason, a carnival grifter and mentalist who is described as a "likable scoundrel."

Peter Keller

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 05:04:0303/12/2016
On 03.12.2016 11:40, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> Bicycles are a thing of the past,

and a very useful economical convenient delightful viable means of
transport for many things in the present.

> from before we invented the internal
> combustion engine.
We?
A quick check seems to bring up these names of who invented the internal
combustion engine:
John Stevens -- American
François Isaac de Rivaz -- Swiss
Samuel Brown -- English
Jean Joseph Etienne Lenoir -- Belgian
Nikolaus Otto -- Germany
George Brayton -- American
Gottlieb Daimler -- German
Wilhelm Maybach -- German
Karl Benz -- German
Rudolf Diesel -- Germany

A lone Englishman among this illustrious lot.

Judith

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 09:55:5503/12/2016
Are they charged for crossing the bridge?

If not, how on earth did they make their contribution to the cost of the
changes?

Judith

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 09:56:5803/12/2016
I'm guessing the cyclists got you to pay for it somehow.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 16:03:4903/12/2016
Since when has a cyclist paid for anything?

--
In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 16:29:1203/12/2016
> ^^^^^^^

What a strange way to spell motorist.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 16:56:1603/12/2016
Motorists pay in car tax and petrol tax.

--
I'm not a "troll", I'm an Agitation Engineer.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:04:1803/12/2016
Can you provide figures to support this.
I will be especially interested how you show cyclists do not have to pay petrol tax.

Simon Mason

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:05:0503/12/2016
On Saturday, 3 December 2016 21:56:16 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> Motorists pay in car tax and petrol tax.

I pay £245 VED as my car is a heavy polluter and fuel tax is high also as it only does 28mpg. Council tax is still £1400 even though my Scott CR1 does not damage the roads.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:31:3403/12/2016
The government website no doubt has totals somewhere.

> I will be especially interested how you show cyclists do not have to pay petrol tax.

Bicycles don't consume petrol.

--
Don't adopt a dwarf with learning difficulties. It's not big, and it's not clever.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:37:3303/12/2016
Person who never travels on anything - council tax, income tax etc.
Cyclist - same.
Motorist - two extras on top of that.

Being a cyclists costs no tax. You do not pay for the cycle lanes, paths, etc, etc. The motorist does.

--
Went to the pub with my girlfriend last night.
Locals were shouting "paedophile!" and other names at me, just because my girlfriend is 21 and I'm 50.

JNugent

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:40:2103/12/2016
And, on Blackfriars Bridge, Monday to Friday, £10 a pop to be in the
aream which might JUST have something to do with traffic levels. You
have to be well-heelded to comute to work in Central London by car these
days, even if you have a free space.

I used to have a free space in an underground car-park when I worked
there decades ago. But I doubt that my family budget would have been
easily stretched by the then-equivalent of an arbitrarily-set £50 a week.

A lot of families must be caused hardship by that.

JNugent

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:41:2903/12/2016
Please explain how a cyclist has to pay petrol tax.

Have we heard of these petrol-driven bicycles, and can you provide
figures to support this?

MrCheerful

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:43:2203/12/2016
It is now 11.50 a day

JNugent

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:44:5403/12/2016
£57.50 a week.

Say it quick and it doesn't sound much.

MrCheerful

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 17:46:0403/12/2016
You know full well that cyclists have petrol lawn mowers and petrol
cigarette lighters.

Simon Mason

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:02:1503/12/2016
On Saturday, 3 December 2016 22:37:33 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:05:03 -0000, Simon Mason <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Being a cyclists costs no tax. You do not pay for the cycle lanes, paths, etc, etc. The motorist does.

So when I am driving my Giulia I have paid for the pothole repairs, but if I get my bike out the back seat and ride it, I have by magic got my money back?

Paul Cummins

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:20:3703/12/2016
In article <op.yrw16...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

> > I will be especially interested how you show cyclists do not have
> to pay petrol tax.
>
> Bicycles don't consume petrol.

Funny, pretty much every vehicle I have owned of "bicycle" tax class has
been a petrol driven vehicle.

It is apparently possible to acquire "diesel" vehicles within the tax
class, the Enfield Robin and similar.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a pisshead
Post above made under the Affluence of Incohol

---- If it's below this line, I didn't write it ----

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:26:1403/12/2016
You're a driver AND a cyclist.

--
Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:27:0903/12/2016
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 23:20:00 -0000, Paul Cummins <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <op.yrw16...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
> Wilkinson Sword) wrote:
>
>> > I will be especially interested how you show cyclists do not have
>> to pay petrol tax.
>>
>> Bicycles don't consume petrol.
>
> Funny, pretty much every vehicle I have owned of "bicycle" tax class has
> been a petrol driven vehicle.
>
> It is apparently possible to acquire "diesel" vehicles within the tax
> class, the Enfield Robin and similar.

There is no bicycle tax class. Stop talking out of your anus.

--
Avoid messes.. Remember to cover cat before microwaving.

TMS320

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:40:5303/12/2016
On 02/12/2016 12:12, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 02/12/2016 11:59, TMS320 wrote:

>>> what is missing is the information on how many people were able to
>>> travel in the same time period BEFORE the crippling of the road system
>>> by the cycle lanes
>>
>> Nothing missing. I am looking at the passenger vehicles (for Nugent's
>> benefit, that means private cars) still being used. I've been to
>> Barcelona and Manhatten this year (in both places walking about 70 miles
>> over 4 days) and the same comment applies. Even Manhatten is now making
>> slow steps to restrict the few for the benefit of many.
>
> There is no point in a statistic unless you have something to compare it
> with.

I'm not offering a statistic. It's quite easy to see when a street
contains a few tens slow moving cars and several hundred people.

Paul Cummins

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:44:4203/12/2016
In article <op.yrw4r...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

> There is no bicycle tax class. Stop talking out of your anus.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/
508618/V149_170316.pdf

Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:49:0803/12/2016
Cars only move slowly because the infrastructure needs upgrading. Why do you want to go back to the dark ages?

--
A brunette, a blonde, and a redhead are all in third grade. Who has the biggest breasts?
The blonde, because she's 18.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:50:1603/12/2016
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 23:44:00 -0000, Paul Cummins <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <op.yrw4r...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
> Wilkinson Sword) wrote:
>

>> There is no bicycle tax class. Stop talking out of your anus.
>
> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/
> 508618/V149_170316.pdf
>
> Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.

I'll bother reading that when you can bother posting it in one line. Why the fuck does your shitty newsreader wrap a SINGLE WORD?

--
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:52:1703/12/2016
n Fri, 02 Dec 2016 22:43:20 -0000, Simon Mason <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Would the roads be less congested if every car was filled with people
>> > who would othersie either use PT or not travel at all?
>>
>> There is no point in trying to explain simple logic to cyclists. They don't understand the simplest of things. Cars go faster, this is an undeniable fact. Bicycles are a thing of the past, from before we invented the internal combustion engine.
>

> http://www.cycling-embassy.dk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gehl-11.jpg

How long do they take to travel 100 miles? What method of transport did you choose for your last big holiday?

TMS320

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 18:52:4503/12/2016
On 02/12/2016 17:38, JNugent wrote:

> PS: You'd have a job fitting five adults into our runabout car.

Yes, it is remarkable how cars have done a reverse Tardis over the last
10-15 years. Though, since something like a Fiesta can carry 5 adults,
your adults should improve their diet and get some exercise.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:05:4703/12/2016
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 06:02:21 -0000, Simon Mason <swld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 2 December 2016 21:24:34 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> Would it make any difference if they used cochineal with the fish?
>
> In his 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land, science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein refers to a character named "Professor" Simon Mason, a carnival grifter and mentalist who is described as a "likable scoundrel."

Professor Simon Mason is also an author, and not as good looking as you ;-)

http://www.davidficklingbooks.com/shop/AuthorDetails.php?authorID=24

--
"You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me." - U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:07:0603/12/2016
Health and softy shite. The cars are too thick nowadays, they use more fuel and the inside is half the size of the outside, with corner pillars so bloody wide you miss the cyclists, not that that matters too much!

--
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?

Paul Cummins

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:11:1403/12/2016

http://tinyurl.com/hyx3o6k

> Why the fuck does your shitty newsreader wrap a SINGLE WORD?

Why cant your shitty news reader deal with a single link?

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:18:3003/12/2016
On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 6:02:22 AM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Friday, 2 December 2016 21:24:34 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Would it make any difference if they used cochineal with the fish?
>
> In his 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land, science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein

Wrote the worst book ever published.

TMS320

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:18:5703/12/2016
On 03/12/2016 14:56, Judith wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:18:50 +0000, TMS320 <dr6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/12/2016 11:28, Bod wrote:

>>> The change of use was almost as dramatic on Victoria Embankment,
>>> part of the flagship East-West superhighway, with cyclists forming 52
>>> per cent of traffic at the busiest times. A total of 4,695 cyclists
>>> used the North-South superhighway on Blackfriars Bridge in the
>>> three-hour morning peak — one rider almost every two seconds — while
>>> 3,608 used the Embankment route.
>>>
>>> http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/cyclists-make-up-70-of-blackfriars-bridge-traffic-a3409351.html
>>>
>> I passed that way several months ago (*). One in the eye for the
>> mutturrists.
>>
>> When visiting cities it becomes obvious that if passenger vehicles could
>> somehow be banned, the effect on the movement of people would be
>> negligible.
>>
>> (*) This was on foot. That day, I walked about 12 miles - which is
>> probably 21119 yards more than some posters here do. I thought that
>> cyclists swearing, crashing into people on pavements, going through red
>> lights etc, was a free tourist attraction. I was disappointed.
>
> I'm guessing the cyclists got you to pay for it somehow.

Maybe. There are plenty of worse things that have to be paid for.

MrCheerful

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:20:4703/12/2016
There should be a comparison, if "A total of 4,695 cyclists
used the North-South superhighway on Blackfriars Bridge in the
three-hour morning peak" (after the cycle lane conversion) is without
a reference point.

How many vehicles and pedestrians in total used it, before and after the
conversion (including cyclists) in the same time periods ?

There needs to be both figures available or any numbers are meaningless.

Perhaps 50,000 people were able to cross in three hours before, 10,000
after, meaning the conversion is an abject failure in transport terms.

The fact that the figures are not made public probably means that my
surmise is correct, the scheme is a failure.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 19:44:4703/12/2016
On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 10:31:34 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:04:17 -0000, <mycro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Motorists pay in car tax and petrol tax.
> >
> > Can you provide figures to support this.
>
> The government website no doubt has totals somewhere.

So do some research and provide evidence to support your post.

> > I will be especially interested how you show cyclists do not have to pay petrol tax.
>
> Bicycles don't consume petrol.

If I cycle to my local petrol station and buy a gallon of petrol will I pay more, less or the same for that gallon than I would pay if I travelled by car?

There are many ways cyclists use petrol. Since cyclists tend to own larger properties than non cyclists they need petrol powered lawn mowers. Some cyclists clean their chains with petrol.
Then there is the disposal of the burned remains of intruders in a shallow grave in the woods.

JNugent

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 20:58:3103/12/2016
You're asking the impossible now.

JNugent

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 20:59:5603/12/2016
On 03/12/2016 23:44, Paul Cummins wrote:

> inv...@something.com (James Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

>> There is no bicycle tax class. Stop talking out of your anus.

> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/
> 508618/V149_170316.pdf

> Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.

So is Road Tax levied upon pedal-cycles?

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

[put a tick in the appropriate box]

Simon Mason

non lue,
3 déc. 2016, 23:41:1803/12/2016
I believe "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" was a great improvement, according to my mate, Simon.

Paul Cummins

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 07:46:1904/12/2016
In article <eahbkr...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> > Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.
>
> So is Road Tax levied upon pedal-cycles?

Moving the goalposts now...

Road Tax is not levied for any class of vehicle.

MrCheerful

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 08:12:1404/12/2016
On 04/12/2016 12:46, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <eahbkr...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>>> Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.
>>
>> So is Road Tax levied upon pedal-cycles?
>
> Moving the goalposts now...
>
> Road Tax is not levied for any class of vehicle.

Boring...........

Simon Mason

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 08:44:1504/12/2016
On Sunday, 4 December 2016 12:46:19 UTC, Paul Cummins wrote:

> Road Tax is not levied for any class of vehicle.

I pay £1-50 to cross the Humber though.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 08:53:2604/12/2016
On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 00:11:00 -0000, Paul Cummins <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <op.yrw5t...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
> Wilkinson Sword) wrote:
>
>> I'll bother reading that when you can bother posting it in one
>> line.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/hyx3o6k
>
>> Why the fuck does your shitty newsreader wrap a SINGLE WORD?
>
> Why cant your shitty news reader deal with a single link?

It wasn't, he (or you or whoever it was as you've now snipped it) split it in half.

--
If you feel tired, pull off at the motorway services -- Highway Code, UK.
How's that going to help?!?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 08:55:2504/12/2016
No, because it's a well known fact to every man in the world that motorists pay huge amounts on their fuel and road tax.

>> > I will be especially interested how you show cyclists do not have to pay petrol tax.
>>
>> Bicycles don't consume petrol.
>
> If I cycle to my local petrol station and buy a gallon of petrol will I pay more, less or the same for that gallon than I would pay if I travelled by car?

You fucking idiot. The cycling doesn't consume the petrol, the driving does.

> There are many ways cyclists use petrol. Since cyclists tend to own larger properties than non cyclists they need petrol powered lawn mowers. Some cyclists clean their chains with petrol.
> Then there is the disposal of the burned remains of intruders in a shallow grave in the woods.

And if they drove cars they'd use even more.

--
Paddy is said to be shocked at finding out all his cows have Bluetongue.
"Be Jeysus!" he said, "I didn't even know they had mobile phones!"

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 08:57:1404/12/2016
Maybe sitting astride a saddle has enlarged it so it continually emits nonsense? Or maybe he enjoys anal sex?

--
Do not adjust your mind - the fault is with reality.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 09:33:4204/12/2016
Bullshit. If you're rich, you usually can afford a car aswell as a big lawn.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 12:23:5204/12/2016
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 1:59:56 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/12/2016 23:44, Paul Cummins wrote:
>
> > inv...@something.com (James Wilkinson Sword) wrote:
>
> >> There is no bicycle tax class. Stop talking out of your anus.
>
> > https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/
> > 508618/V149_170316.pdf
>
> > Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.
>
> So is Road Tax levied upon pedal-cycles?

How can a non existent tax be levied on anyone?

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 12:26:5204/12/2016
What makes you think cyclists can't afford cars?
A cyclist is more likely to own a car than a non cyclist.

Simon Mason

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 12:54:1204/12/2016
On Sunday, 4 December 2016 17:26:52 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

> What makes you think cyclists can't afford cars?
> A cyclist is more likely to own a car than a non cyclist.

I will pick this up on 1MAR17.

http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/models/giulia-quadrifoglio

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 13:03:4204/12/2016
And it will breakdown 5 mins later.

Peter Parry

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 13:12:5504/12/2016
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 09:26:50 -0800 (PST), mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

>A cyclist is more likely to own a car than a non cyclist.

I would hope so. A car can be kept on a drive but where would one
keep a non cyclist ?

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 13:26:1304/12/2016
Har! Har! Har! and indeed Har!

Simon Mason

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 13:26:4604/12/2016
My 159 has broken down once in 123000 miles and that was a crankshaft sensor.

http://bit.ly/2gpnM5E

kink...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 13:31:5604/12/2016
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 5:54:12 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Pizza delivery is really slow in the UK.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 13:53:1704/12/2016
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 14:06:2204/12/2016
What a stupid assumption. There are people who have only bicycles, people who have only cars, and people who have both. So 100% of non-cyclists have cars, but only part of the cycling group have cars.

--
"Do you like Kipling?"
"I don't know, I've never kippled."

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 14:26:3504/12/2016
What a stupid reply. You are saying all those who do not cycle own cars.

Judith

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 14:35:2004/12/2016
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 05:44:14 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason <swld...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, 4 December 2016 12:46:19 UTC, Paul Cummins wrote:
>

>> Road Tax is not levied for any class of vehicle.
>
>I pay £1-50 to cross the Humber though.

You need to be careful that you don't fall off.

(Do you get the £1.50 back if you do?)

Paul Cummins

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 14:56:3104/12/2016
In article <op.yrymq...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

> >> So is Road Tax levied upon pedal-cycles?
> >>
> > How can a non existent tax be levied on anyone?
>
> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax

That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.

Can you find a reference to "road tax" in current tax legislation?

MrCheerful

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:02:0804/12/2016
On 04/12/2016 19:56, Paul Cummins wrote:

>>> How can a non existent tax be levied on anyone?
>>
>> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
>
> That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.
>
> Can you find a reference to "road tax" in current tax legislation?

Road tax is still, and will be for a very long time, the name that the
man on the Clapham omnibus calls the tax that is needed to legally use
the average motor vehicle on public roads.

There is absolutely no point in the semantics of what it is technically
called year by year.

Paul Cummins

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:10:2204/12/2016
In article <%C_0A.151078$Sh.3...@fx12.am4>, g.odon...@yahoo.co.uk
(MrCheerful) wrote:

> Road tax is still, and will be for a very long time, the name that
> the man on the Clapham omnibus calls the tax that is needed to
> legally use the average motor vehicle on public roads.

Even if we accept that proposition, which shows more the ignorance of the
Masses than anything else, there is a Tax class 17 for bicycles.

I have owned sevetral such bicycles in my time, and they all needed
petrol.

Simon Mason

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:16:1304/12/2016
It is free on my bike, so no.

Mr Pounder Esquire

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:19:4404/12/2016
Why do cyclists always grasp at straws?
Desperation?
Inadequacy?
Inferiority complex?
Being hated by car users and pedestrians?
Loneliness?
Having small wangers?
Frightened of women?
Unable to get a female companion?
Poverty?
Being plain stupid?

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:20:1804/12/2016
This would be the same 'Man on the Clapham Omnibus' who calls a vacuum cleaner a Hoover?

I use a Dyson.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:54:5204/12/2016
Yes.

--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 15:57:4704/12/2016
How else would they get around?

--
Trading standards have removed the gollywog from Robinsons marmalade jars,
not due to racism but because Niggers were using the labels as bus passes!

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 16:02:4404/12/2016
Everybody calls them hoovers.

> I use a Dyson.

What a waste of money on British made overpriced unreliable shite.

--
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 16:03:2404/12/2016
On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 19:56:00 -0000, Paul Cummins <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote:

>> > How can a non existent tax be levied on anyone?
>>
>> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
>
> That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.

There is no tax on a bicycle, and they don't need to be registered, so you're talking out of your arse.

--
"The Ten Commandments contain 297 words.
The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words.

JNugent

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 16:46:3104/12/2016
On 04/12/2016 12:46, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <eahbkr...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:
>
>>> Halfway down page 2 - trade licences for Bicycle class.
>>
>> So is Road Tax levied upon pedal-cycles?
>
> Moving the goalposts now...
>
> Road Tax is not levied for any class of vehicle.

Don't be daft.

But... what road-use or road-related tax do you insist is levied upon
bicycles, then?

"Petrol tax" has been cited.

Do you support that?

I take it that we can discount VAT on purchase and repair (after all,
that also applies to fairy-cycles, pedal-cars and push-scooters).

JNugent

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 16:48:3004/12/2016
On 04/12/2016 19:56, Paul Cummins wrote:

>>> How can a non existent tax be levied on anyone?
>>
>> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
>
> That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.
>
> Can you find a reference to "road tax" in current tax legislation?

Why does he need to?

JNugent

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 16:49:3004/12/2016
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 19:56:00 -0000, Paul Cummins
> <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote:

>>> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
>>
>> That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.
>
> There is no tax on a bicycle, and they don't need to be registered, so
> you're talking out of your arse.

Gerraway!

Is he?

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 16:54:5604/12/2016
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 9:02:44 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 20:20:17 -0000, <mycro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Road tax is still, and will be for a very long time, the name that the
> >> man on the Clapham omnibus calls the tax that is needed to legally use
> >> the average motor vehicle on public roads.
> >>
> >> There is absolutely no point in the semantics of what it is technically
> >> called year by year.
> >
> > This would be the same 'Man on the Clapham Omnibus' who calls a vacuum cleaner a Hoover?
>
> Everybody calls them hoovers.

Thank you for proving my point.
Just because the unwashed masses incorrectly refer to a vacuum cleaner as a Hoover does not make it the correct term.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:05:5304/12/2016
Perhaps Paul Cummins cycles because he had his car removed by the police after arguing that there was no such thing as road tax so he didn't have to pay it.

--
If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:06:2204/12/2016
Either that or I'm breaking the law every time I use my bicycle. I don't even have a V5 for it!

--
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when asking where the bathroom is?

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:10:0204/12/2016
No, almost everyone calls them hoovers. There is no "correct" term.

--
An elderly couple go to church one Sunday.
Halfway through the service, the wife leans over and whispers in her husband’s ear,

Simon Mason

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:23:3004/12/2016
On Sunday, 4 December 2016 21:54:56 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:

> Thank you for proving my point.
> Just because the unwashed masses incorrectly refer to a vacuum cleaner as a Hoover does not make it the correct term.

Logbooks, glove boxes, Tannoys, shock absorbers and wing mirrors.
V5, dropdown, PA, dampers and door mirrors.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:33:1104/12/2016
My insurer asked me if I had a logbook. I said no. We had a confused discussion for a while until I realised he wasn't referring the the service history. Nobody calls it a logbook.

--
It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

mycro...@gmail.com

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:39:3204/12/2016
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 10:10:02 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 21:54:55 -0000, <mycro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Everybody calls them hoovers.
> >
> > Thank you for proving my point.
> > Just because the unwashed masses incorrectly refer to a vacuum cleaner as a Hoover does not make it the correct term.
>
> No, almost everyone calls them hoovers. There is no "correct" term.

Once again I thank you for proving my point.
just because the terminally unwashed call VED 'Road Tax' does not mean 'Road Tax' exists.

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 17:48:3204/12/2016
It exists for everyone but pedantic fuckwits like you. We are all laughing at your childishness.

--
Take notice: when this sign is under water, this road is impassable.

Tony Dragon

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 18:30:1504/12/2016
My brothers car has a glove box (according to the vehicle book), who
calls them dropdowns.
It also has wing mirrors (mirrors mounted on the front wings)
It was also issued with a 'logbook'.

---

James Wilkinson Sword

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 18:36:2804/12/2016
On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 23:30:13 -0000, Tony Dragon <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 04-Dec-16 10:23 PM, Simon Mason wrote:
>> On Sunday, 4 December 2016 21:54:56 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for proving my point.
>>> Just because the unwashed masses incorrectly refer to a vacuum cleaner as a Hoover does not make it the correct term.
>>
>> Logbooks, glove boxes, Tannoys, shock absorbers and wing mirrors.
>> V5, dropdown, PA, dampers and door mirrors.
>>

> My brothers car has a glove box (according to the vehicle book), who
> calls them dropdowns.
> It also has wing mirrors (mirrors mounted on the front wings)
> It was also issued with a 'logbook'.

I've never heard of a dropdown, which is a very vague ambiguous term.

--
My car is a hybrid. It burns petrol AND oil.

JNugent

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 19:21:1804/12/2016
Someone's been Googling for USA terms for car features, then adding two
and two and getting seven.

Paul Cummins

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 20:06:0004/12/2016
In article <eajh5l...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
(JNugent) wrote:

> But... what road-use or road-related tax do you insist is levied
> upon bicycles, then?

Vehicle Excise Duty, for vehicles in the "bicycle" class, of course, as
described several times so far in the last 24 hours.

Paul Cummins

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 20:06:0004/12/2016
In article <op.yryvn...@red.lan>, inv...@something.com (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

> Perhaps Paul Cummins cycles because he had his car removed by the
> police after arguing that there was no such thing as road tax so he
> didn't have to pay it.

I drive a Company Car, so that's unlikely.

But no-one has refuted the fact that there is a VED class for Bicycles.

JNugent

non lue,
4 déc. 2016, 22:19:5004/12/2016
On 05/12/2016 01:06, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <eajh5l...@mid.individual.net>, jenni...@fastmail.fm
> (JNugent) wrote:

>> But... what road-use or road-related tax do you insist is levied
>> upon bicycles, then?

> Vehicle Excise Duty, for vehicles in the "bicycle" class, of course, as
> described several times so far in the last 24 hours.

Please describe one of these bicycles, stating its means of propulsion,
approximate range of typical weight, number of seats, number and
function of pedals and the minimum age at which a person may ride one
along the highway. Please state also the position with regard to third
party insurance covering the use of such a vehicle is mandatory or not
(and for the avoidance of doubt, whether it is an offence to ride one in
a public place or on a highway without being covered by third party
insurance).

A clear photograph of one would be most helpful.

But we aren't going to get straight answers to any of the above, are we?

Simon Mason

non lue,
5 déc. 2016, 00:35:0705/12/2016
On Sunday, 4 December 2016 23:30:15 UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
> On 04-Dec-16 10:23 PM, Simon Mason wrote:
> > On Sunday, 4 December 2016 21:54:56 UTC, mycro...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you for proving my point.
> >> Just because the unwashed masses incorrectly refer to a vacuum cleaner as a Hoover does not make it the correct term.
> >
> > Logbooks, glove boxes, Tannoys, shock absorbers and wing mirrors.
> > V5, dropdown, PA, dampers and door mirrors.
> >

> My brothers car has a glove box (according to the vehicle book), who
> calls them dropdowns.
> It also has wing mirrors (mirrors mounted on the front wings)
> It was also issued with a 'logbook'.

Sounds like he pays £0 VED just like this lot then, despite chucking out all sorts of rubbish out the back.

http://www.endurorally.com/pages/flying-scotsman-rally-2016

Judith

non lue,
5 déc. 2016, 04:28:1105/12/2016
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 19:56 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) wrote:

>> > How can a non existent tax be levied on anyone?
>>
>> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
>
>That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.

And there was me thinking that class 17 was Motorcycles (with or without
sidecar).

Still - I haven't had your legal training so I guess that you must be correct.

Judith

non lue,
5 déc. 2016, 04:34:5205/12/2016
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 20:10 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) wrote:

>In article <%C_0A.151078$Sh.3...@fx12.am4>, g.odon...@yahoo.co.uk
>(MrCheerful) wrote:
>
>> Road tax is still, and will be for a very long time, the name that
>> the man on the Clapham omnibus calls the tax that is needed to
>> legally use the average motor vehicle on public roads.
>
>Even if we accept that proposition, which shows more the ignorance of the
>Masses than anything else, there is a Tax class 17 for bicycles.

Of course you still need to apply your extensive legal training to this matter
and show us exactly where Tax class 17 covers bicycles.

A Government document stating that would suffice.

Judith

non lue,
5 déc. 2016, 04:36:0905/12/2016
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 20:19:38 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
<MrPo...@RationalThought.com> wrote:

>MrCheerful wrote:
>> On 04/12/2016 19:56, Paul Cummins wrote:

>>> That's vehicle tax, which includes class 17 - Bicycle.
>>>
>>> Can you find a reference to "road tax" in current tax legislation?
>>>

>> Road tax is still, and will be for a very long time, the name that the
>> man on the Clapham omnibus calls the tax that is needed to legally use
>> the average motor vehicle on public roads.
>>
>> There is absolutely no point in the semantics of what it is
>> technically called year by year.
>
>Why do cyclists always grasp at straws?
>Desperation?
>Inadequacy?
>Inferiority complex?
>Being hated by car users and pedestrians?
>Loneliness?
>Having small wangers?
>Frightened of women?
>Unable to get a female companion?
>Poverty?
>Being plain stupid?

I think it is just fuckwittery - and excellently demonstrated by Cummins above.

Chargement d'autres messages en cours.
0 nouveau message