Peugeot Mi16 sensors

Davemar

Sep 19, 2001, 11:48:42 AM9/19/01
Engine: Pug 405 Mi16 1905cc

What are the two sensors at the front of the engine just to the right
of the alternator?
Also, on the thermostat housing, there appears to be three sensors, one on
top of it which has a single spade connector, another on the side
with a spade connector, and one below that which has a two-pin
'fuel-injector' style connector. What are these 3 sensors (I assume
they are coolant temperature related, but surely you don't need 3
of them!)?

The Haynes manual is crap at actually telling you where the devices
in the circuit diagrams are on the car.

Graham L

Sep 19, 2001, 12:56:10 PM9/19/01
On 19 Sep 2001 08:48:42 -0700, dave...@mailandnews.com (Davemar)
wrote:

Think you will find the 2 pin connector will be the FI coolant temp
sensor. One of the others for the instrument temp gauge and the third
for the radiator fan.

Regards,
Graham
http://www.tuneparts.co.uk
http://www.hglmotors.co.uk

Fraser Stephens

Sep 20, 2001, 4:28:05 AM9/20/01
In article <adjhqtk7vs15misq0...@4ax.com>,
Graham L <gra...@hglmotors.co.uk> wrote:

Nope - they are as follows:

On the block - oil P gauge and oil P warning lamp.

On the housing, top to bottom - Temp warning lamp, Temp gauge, and ECU
temp sensor (2 pin).

Radiator fan switch is on the radiator.

The 405 Haynes is terrible, as are all new Haynes. Look at the BX Haynes
instead - the supplement (Chapter 13) has a lot of detail about the Mi16
engine.

F.

---------------
Fraser Stephens

Davemar

Sep 20, 2001, 11:05:45 AM9/20/01
Fraser Stephens <frs...@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:<frstep-26EAB2....@news.fu-berlin.de>...
Thanks Fraser, that's a great help. So only really the ECU temp sensor
is going to affect the running of the engine (out of those we've mentioned),
as the others just go to dashboard dials I assume.
I'll try and get a BX Haynes manual then.

I'm currently stripping down my engine bay ready for an engine change, and
I'm writing down all the processes and taking a few photos as I go along.
I'll try and turn this into a webpage at some stage, it might prove useful
to others. Unlike a Haynes manual it'll be in colour and will mention which
bits are right b******s to deal with.

ng...@freeserve.co.uk

Sep 20, 2001, 12:47:29 PM9/20/01

Fraser Stephens

Sep 21, 2001, 4:27:25 AM9/21/01
In article <638a08f1.01092...@posting.google.com>,
dave...@mailandnews.com (Davemar) wrote:

Haynes BX manual was enough info for me to install the full injection
system into my Matra. There are also some useful BX troubleshoooting web
pages that are relevant. Also I have pdf of another manual that has some
useful fault codes and things. Contact me off list if you want me to
send details.

F.

Fraser Stephens

rugid