Attention all 6 MHz Pirates

m5adu

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Walt Davidson wrote in message ...
>For the information of those who seem to think it is not an offence to
>modify amateur radio equipment for out-of-band operation, or who think
>it's clever to transmit in the 6 MHz band:

do you mean...6.670 LSB or 6.650 with SSTV ???

>A Halifax man's illegal radio equipment valued at £5000 has been
>confiscated after he admitted offences under the Wireless Telegraphy
>Act.

Must be an expensive multimode II........hi

>Halifax magistrates heard on 5 May that amateur equipment modified to
>operate on frequencies outside the amateur bands was found in the
>possession of 49-year-old Gilbert Whiteley, a licensed amateur radio
>user. Mr. Whiteley pleaded guilty to two charges of installation and
>use of illegal apparatus contrary to the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949.
>He was given a 12 month conditional discharge for both summonses and
>ordered to pay £50 towards the costs of the prosecution."

Sorry if i've lost the plot.......but where does it say he was on 6Mhz ????
he could have been on 27.555 with a KW !!!

anyway all my rigs 'work' out of band....it's how i bought them....
but i though it was only illegal to use them out of band........

Oh well....better get the switch flicked back...
73's....
M1ADU/M5ADU

32010

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
Quite a lot of 2 metre hand helds are supplied with full
transmit coverage. Is this not the same as converting it? Or
does it make you more bad if you thought about making it do out
of band and then took the rig apart?
How do I know my radio transmits out of band anyway? Of course
I've never wanted to press the PTT when it's outside the ham
bands and why would I tune it outside the ham bands anyway ;-)

David Perry

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
Ownership is illegal, not operating. (Though that's illegal too of
course).

Too bad if you didn't convert it yourself...you'll still be the one
nicked!

32010

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
That means everyone with an Alinco DJV5 or a Rexon RL102 is
breaking the law by owning one. The Alinco DJV5 can transmit on
some UHF TV channels. The Rexon RL102 can be 'restricted' by
pressing certain keys but they are usually supplied fully
working.