[Southgate] French look at 3-Tier CEPT ham radio structure

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed

Feb 11, 2020, 8:04:39 AM2/11/20

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed

French look at 3-Tier CEPT ham radio structure

One of the French national amateur radio societies URC has expressed its
desire for a 3 licence class structure as described in CEPT recommendations
rather the the single class available at the present time

ARRL release January Board minutes

The ARRL has released the minutes of the Board meeting held January 17-18
at which they approved the raising of the eligibility age for reduced full
ARRL membership dues from 22 to 26

Florence RadioFest 2020

The Florence RadioFest is the hamfest that attracts the most part of
Italian radio amateurs from central Italy, based on a large flea market, it
is totally dedicated to amateur radio enthusiasts

ACMA consultation on 3.4 GHz ham radio band

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is consulting on
proposed changes to amateur access to the 3400-3575 MHz band to help
facilitate the ACMA’s preferred planning option for the band

Bletchley Park: Build a Radio Receiver

Bletchley Park is hosting another workshop with the RSGB on March 14 where
you can build your own radio receiver

Secret role of Beaumanor Hall

The Leicester Mercury reports on the top secret wartime listening station
role of a Leicestershire mansion

IARUMS January newsletter now available

The latest IARU-R1 Monitoring System newsletter is the first to be
published by Peter Jost HB9CET since he took over the IARUMS Region 1
Coordinator role on January

DIY Radio Telescopes Hack Chat

Join us on Wednesday, February 12 at noon Pacific for the DIY Radio
Telescopes Hack Chat with James Aguirre!

Radio Caroline North - February

xxxxx

Stephen Cole

Feb 11, 2020, 11:50:53 AM2/11/20
Brian Morrison <ne...@fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 08:04:37 EST
> Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed <noreply+...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One of the French national amateur radio societies URC has expressed its
>> desire for a 3 licence class structure as described in CEPT recommendations
>> rather the the single class available at the present time
>
> Why?

Presumably because they realise that the hobby’s dying on its arse and that
a tiered licence structure may help lower the barrier of entry suitably to
keep enough newbies coming through to keep things ticking over.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Le Haricot

Feb 11, 2020, 3:38:54 PM2/11/20
On 11 Feb 2020 16:50:51 GMT
Une dégénérescence gangreneuse!

Steve Rawcliffe

Feb 12, 2020, 2:52:43 AM2/12/20
On Tuesday, 11 February 2020 14:04:39 UTC+1, Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed wrote:
> Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed
>
> ///////////////////////////////////////////
> French look at 3-Tier CEPT ham radio structure

> One of the French national amateur radio societies URC has expressed its
> desire for a 3 licence class structure as described in CEPT recommendations
> rather the the single class available at the present time

Interesting to see from reading between the lines that there are multiple national French amateur radio societies, at each others' throats. Absolutely typical of French associations -- part of the reason why they don't have an equivalent of the AA. I say that from first-hand observation as I live in France.
One word came out of the Google translation rather oddly: towards the end it speaks of "shells". This is a mistranslation of the French words "coquille" which can indeed mean shell (in the sense of sea-shell) but also means "typo" or "textual error", and that is the meaning here.
73
Steve
F/G4YXU

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 12, 2020, 4:21:56 AM2/12/20
you mean lazy low life scumbags like you that couldn't hack the old system ?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 12, 2020, 4:24:52 AM2/12/20
On 11/02/2020 15:33, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 08:04:37 EST
> Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed <noreply+...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One of the French national amateur radio societies URC has expressed its
>> desire for a 3 licence class structure as described in CEPT recommendations
>> rather the the single class available at the present time
>
> Why?

because in this day and age of instant international comunication ham
radio is of no interest other than to weirdos...the hobby is going to
die regardless of what they do but leaving things the way thay are in
France means at least the dying hobby won't be poluted by lazy scumbags.....

Gareth Evans

Feb 12, 2020, 6:18:23 AM2/12/20
20+ years between studying for the RAE before finally getting a full
licence?

Quickly disposing of a rig when an intermittent fault mysteriously
disappears but without a clue about the technology
behind it?

Choosing a callsign that is reminiscent of CB days?

Destroying this NG with tirades of infantile potty-mouthed
attention-seeking posts?

Tsk! Tsk!

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 2:06:46 AM2/13/20
totly

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 3:18:09 AM2/13/20
That applies to several of your chums, including Rambo, Frank*, not to
mention at least one Walter Mitty*.

* The same was claimed of those who took the multiple choice RAE.

Steve isn’t old enough to have done the written RAE.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 3:25:14 AM2/13/20
but not me Brian .......

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 3:44:47 AM2/13/20
The derivation of that usage would be interesting ;-)

As for the French not having the equivalent of the AA, I am assuming you
mean the Automobile Association.

We’ve used L’Assistance in France - true it works differently- but it seems
pretty effective. In fact, it works much like the AA/RAC does in remoter
areas here- a local garage will be deputed to dispatch someone to assist as
there may only be one AA/RAC patrol covering a huge area and they are
busy/ too far away. Either way, L’Assistance turned up very quickly.

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 3:44:48 AM2/13/20
That doesn’t make your comment any less hypocritical Jim.

Steve Rawcliffe

Feb 13, 2020, 4:18:03 AM2/13/20
There's a Wikipedia article on the word "coquille" in the sense of "typo", but they say that there are loads of legends regarding the etymology. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coquille_(typographie)

Yes, there is roadside assistance available (usually included in your car insurance, or a scheme like the one you used) but no national organization than lobbies for motorists' interests. I'm told there was one many years ago but it collapsed because of the kind of infighting that means there's no French equivalent of the RSGB.

Spike

Feb 13, 2020, 4:21:51 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 09:18, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:

> ...there's no French equivalent of the RSGB.

So France does have its good points. then!

--
Spike

There are no calls from anyone to reissue G8+3, G6+3 or G7+3 calls.
That tells you what you need to know about all calls being equal.

Steve Rawcliffe

Feb 13, 2020, 4:25:27 AM2/13/20
This Steve certainly did do a written RAE, in Germany, in 1982. My original callsign was DJ0YP (don't go searching your logbook -- I called CQ on 2 m about twice with that c/s, and got no reply, in Germany, in about 1983!)

Has to be said it was largely a question of learning a book by heart, as they had a catalogue of questions from which they assembled each exam. However, it did take me a year of classes at the telecoms training school in my suburb of Hamburg, many hours spent taking notes from the book and some very intensive morse coaching, plus practicing on my own. Including with my dad, who had been a wireless operator in the war and could still send way faster than I could copy, despite not having touched a key for nearly 40 years!

Frankly, I was surprised I passed, and I think I only just scraped through!

The point is, almost any exam will act as something of a filter to eliminate those who are just think of getting a licence on a whim, and might be better off sticking to CB or PMR.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 4:34:23 AM2/13/20
that is true I just like to stir things up...sorry

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 4:35:15 AM2/13/20
I didn't ask to be hoisted into this high position...it was lowering
standards that did that......

Spike

Feb 13, 2020, 4:39:30 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 09:25, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 February 2020 09:18:09 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:

>> Steve isn’t old enough to have done the written RAE.

> This Steve certainly did do a written RAE, in Germany, in 1982.

Egg on face time for Reay.....again.

--
Spike

The maths teacher broke down in tears at
the North West Wiltshire Magistrates Court.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 4:56:31 AM2/13/20

> The point is, almost any exam will act as something of a filter to eliminate those who are just think of getting a licence on a whim, and might be better off sticking to CB or PMR.

the FL ?...titter titter this brought all the 11m pirates into a once
fine hobby.....and ruined it

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 4:57:22 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 09:21, Spike wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 09:18, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:
>
>> ...there's no French equivalent of the RSGB.
>
> So France does have its good points. then!

..and they hate the English ! ...

Steve Rawcliffe

Feb 13, 2020, 5:26:50 AM2/13/20
Yes, of course they do.

That's why I've been so happy living here for the last 20 years.

I'm a masochist.

Stephen Cole

Feb 13, 2020, 6:20:06 AM2/13/20
Jim’s a scat fetishist. Cross-dresser, too.

Steve Rawcliffe

Feb 13, 2020, 7:02:28 AM2/13/20
Well someone did say further up that we're all weirdos, so I guess that's fair enough. What's your perversion?

Spike

Feb 13, 2020, 7:10:02 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 12:02, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:
> Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY wrote:

>> Jim’s a scat fetishist. Cross-dresser, too.

>> M0TEY // STC
>> www.twatter.com/ukradioshamateur

> Well someone did say further up that we're all weirdos, so I guess that's fair enough.
> What's your perversion?

The Labour Party, apparently.

--
Spike

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 7:39:35 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 09:25, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 February 2020 09:18:09 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
>> Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> you mean lazy low life scumbags like you that couldn't hack the old system ?
>>>

>> That applies to several of your chums, including Rambo, Frank*, not to
>> mention at least one Walter Mitty*.
>>

>> * The same was claimed of those who took the multiple choice RAE.
>>
>> Steve isn’t old enough to have done the written RAE.
>
> This Steve certainly did do a written RAE, in Germany, in 1982.

Don't worry, it was a different Steve.

The UK RAE wasn't a written Exam in 1982. The last written exam was in
the late 70s.

Some, like Jim, get all snobby about it. Some even pretend to have done
the written exam and hide their callsigns ;-)

>My original callsign was DJ0YP (don't go searching your logbook -- I called CQ on 2 m about twice with that c/s, >and got no reply, in Germany, in about 1983!)

> Has to be said it was largely a question of learning a book by heart, as they had a catalogue of questions from which they assembled each exam.

Pretty well how it was, and still is here, and everywhere else.

One of the things we did when we put together the 'new' three tier
scheme (I was part of the team which developed the UK scheme) was to
review the old UK question pools. The 'coverage' wasn't all it could be
by a long way. We were careful to ensure the new question pools were
more thorough.

As for studying, it was certainly possible to just study from the RAE
manual - my wife studied it on the train on her daily commute and asked
for a bit of help with a few things. She passed her RAE in 1982.

> Frankly, I was surprised I passed, and I think I only just scraped through!

You passed, that is what matters. We've got someone who posts here who
claimed he could have passed the old RAE anytime, then claimed he
'upgraded' to the current Full (ie passed the current Advanced Exam) he
claims is easier only for it to turn out he hasn't. Oddly, he claims to
have qualifications 'superior' to not just one degree but two. Oddly, he
can't remember what they are. He gets 'upset' when it is mentioned ;-)

> The point is, almost any exam will act as something of a filter to eliminate those who are just think of getting a licence on a whim, and might be better off sticking to CB or PMR.

National Licensing Administrations are required to verify amateurs have
a certain level of knowledge in key areas.

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 7:48:05 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 09:39, Spike wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 09:25, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:
>> On Thursday, 13 February 2020 09:18:09 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
>
>>> Steve isn’t old enough to have done the written RAE.
>
>> This Steve certainly did do a written RAE, in Germany, in 1982.
>
> Egg on face time for Reay.....again.

Oh dear, Spike needs to falsify things to try and score points.....

Of course, anyone with even a basic knowledge of UK licensing would know
the written RAE was scrapped several years before 1982 in the UK.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 7:49:44 AM2/13/20
we all need a hobby....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 7:52:04 AM2/13/20
that was me.....Cole's perversion is making up stories about
me......well if they can't get you on something real they just make it
up.....

Spike

Feb 13, 2020, 8:01:02 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 12:48, Brian Reay wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 09:39, Spike wrote:

>>> This Steve certainly did do a written RAE, in Germany, in 1982.

>> Egg on face time for Reay.....again.

> Oh dear, Spike needs to falsify things to try and score points.....

Nope, the egg's still on your face, the only question being was it
scrambled or coddled?

> Of course, anyone with even a basic knowledge of UK licensing would know
> the written RAE was scrapped several years before 1982 in the UK.

And? You have a point somewhere?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 8:03:40 AM2/13/20
me...no...I was thrust into my position by continual lowering of
standards ...not my doing...in 1974 I was quite happy being botton of
the heep and I knew my place.... the inability of class Bs to pass a cw
test was part of the problem.....and the FL FOR DUMMIES....

>> My original callsign was DJ0YP (don't go searching your logbook -- I
>> called CQ on 2 m about twice with that c/s, >and got no reply, in
>> Germany, in about 1983!)
>

>> Has to be said it was largely a question of learning a book by heart,
>> as they had a catalogue of questions from which they assembled each exam.
>
> Pretty well how it was, and still is here, and everywhere else.
>
> One of the things we did when we put together the 'new' three tier
> scheme (I was part of the team which developed the UK scheme)

just a ploy to get onto HF by getting a M3 for himself and 7,000 other
class Bs .... .....

was to
> review the old UK question pools. The 'coverage' wasn't all it could be
> by a long way. We were careful to ensure the new question pools were
> more thorough.
>

> As for studying, it was certainly possible to just study from the RAE
> manual - my wife studied it on the train on her daily commute and asked
> for a bit of help with a few things. She passed her RAE in 1982.
>
>> Frankly, I was surprised I passed, and I think I only just scraped
>> through!
>
> You passed, that is what matters. We've got someone who posts here who
> claimed he could have passed the old RAE anytime, then claimed he
> 'upgraded' to the current Full (ie passed the current Advanced Exam) he
> claims is easier only for it to turn out he hasn't. Oddly, he claims to
> have qualifications 'superior' to not just one degree but two. Oddly, he
> can't remember what they are.  He gets 'upset' when it is mentioned ;-)
>

>> The point is, almost any exam will act as something of a filter to
>> eliminate those who are just think of getting a licence on a whim, and
>> might be better off sticking to CB or PMR.

> National Licensing Administrations are required to verify amateurs have
> a certain level of knowledge in key areas.

no matter at what level.......signing with an X or "my mark" and a few
silly questions was as low as they could go...ticking boxes got over the
iliteracy barrier for the first traunce of cbrs in the early 80's and
all gave the feeling of inclusivity.....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 8:17:04 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 12:48, Brian Reay wrote:
was it not '79 in preparation for the cb and 11m freebander onslaught
seeing as most of them were illiterate ?....

Stephen Cole

Feb 13, 2020, 8:24:16 AM2/13/20
Steve Rawcliffe <srawc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 February 2020 12:20:06 UTC+1, Stephen Cole wrote:
>> Steve Rawcliffe <srawc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, of course they do.
>>>
>>> That's why I've been so happy living here for the last 20 years.
>>>
>>> I'm a masochist.
>>
>> Jim’s a scat fetishist. Cross-dresser, too.
>

> Well someone did say further up that we're all weirdos, so I guess that's fair enough.

Jim’s proper obsessed, though. A while ago he was talking about giving his
wife a Cleveland Steamer for her birthday.

>What's your perversion?

uk.radio.amateur. HTH.

Stephen Cole

Feb 13, 2020, 8:24:16 AM2/13/20
Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Like Frank Hunter GI4NKB, you mean?

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 8:33:58 AM2/13/20
Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Your chum Frank waited for the multiple choice RAE, ask him.

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 8:34:02 AM2/13/20
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 12:48, Brian Reay wrote:

>>> Egg on face time for Reay.....again.
>
>> Oh dear, Spike needs to falsify things to try and score points.....
>
> Nope, the egg's still on your face, the only question being was it
> scrambled or coddled?
>
>> Of course, anyone with even a basic knowledge of UK licensing would know
>> the written RAE was scrapped several years before 1982 in the UK.
>
> And? You have a point somewhere?

You seem rattled.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 8:51:13 AM2/13/20
ok then

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 8:52:10 AM2/13/20
do I ? ....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 13, 2020, 8:53:09 AM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 13:24, Stephen Cole wrote:
> Steve Rawcliffe <srawc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Jim’s a scat fetishist. Cross-dresser, too.
>>

>> Well someone did say further up that we're all weirdos, so I guess that's fair enough.
>
> Jim’s proper obsessed, though. A while ago he was talking about giving his
> wife a Cleveland Steamer for her birthday.

I was ? ....don't think so...tee hee

mm0fmf

Feb 13, 2020, 12:37:53 PM2/13/20
He was posting about how he had homo-erotic thoughts of Philip Schofield
performing fellatio whenever he saw his picture in the news recently
since Schofield's self-outing.

Spike

Feb 13, 2020, 12:54:57 PM2/13/20
On 13/02/2020 13:33, Brian Reay wrote:
The multiple choice, with the answers printed under the questions, did
help your chum Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY - but not his father, a
giant of the North Kent CB scene, apparently. And Cole was in his thirties.

Spike

Feb 13, 2020, 12:57:43 PM2/13/20
You seem unable to read your own writing. That must have caused you
career difficulties - after all, you had two of them and still 'retired
early'.

Brian Reay

Feb 13, 2020, 1:15:33 PM2/13/20
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 13:33, Brian Reay wrote:
>> Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> was it not '79 in preparation for the cb and 11m freebander onslaught
>>> seeing as most of them were illiterate ?....
>
>> Your chum Frank waited for the multiple choice RAE, ask him.
>
> The multiple choice, with the answers printed under the questions, did
> help your chum Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY - but not his father, a
> giant of the North Kent CB scene, apparently. And Cole was in his thirties.

Funny how you always fail to mention the usual reject Walter Mitties who
either couldn’t pass the Advanced Exam or try to pretend they passed the
written RAE.

Rambo

Feb 13, 2020, 4:40:15 PM2/13/20
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:15:28 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay <no...@m.com>
wrote:
Not to mention those who took out a Foundation License simply to get
on HF!

Stephen Cole

Feb 14, 2020, 3:10:52 AM2/14/20
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 13:33, Brian Reay wrote:
>> Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> was it not '79 in preparation for the cb and 11m freebander onslaught
>>> seeing as most of them were illiterate ?....
>
>> Your chum Frank waited for the multiple choice RAE, ask him.
>
> The multiple choice, with the answers printed under the questions, did
> help your chum Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY - but not his father, a
> giant of the North Kent CB scene, apparently. And Cole was in his thirties.

Burt’s looking quite badly gotten to.

Stephen Cole

Feb 14, 2020, 3:10:53 AM2/14/20
Rich, why did you say that you held a Full when you actually only held a
2E0?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 14, 2020, 3:43:29 AM2/14/20
totly shocking ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 14, 2020, 3:52:22 AM2/14/20
no everytime I see him now on the tv I can't help picturing a cock in
his mouth ......and i wasn't a self outing ... his alledged boyfiend was
about to out him.....

https://www.politicalite.com/entertainment/groom-cupboard-schofields-lover-was-teen-when-he-first-met-tv-host-updated/

been making many pick ups in your pickup chebs ? ......

Spike

Feb 14, 2020, 3:58:34 AM2/14/20
Funny how you always fail to mention the usual reject scum who
despite passing your toughened-up Advanced Exam had to ask
in a usenet group which sideband to use on 40m, or those that
had to wait 20 years to take out an M3 to get on HF.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 14, 2020, 4:15:18 AM2/14/20
totly shocking ....

Brian Reay

Feb 14, 2020, 4:23:49 AM2/14/20
He’s in full confabulation mode this morning.

Stephen Cole

Feb 14, 2020, 5:10:36 AM2/14/20
Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 17:37, mm0fmf wrote:

>>> Jim’s a scat fetishist. Cross-dresser, too.
>>>
>> He was posting about how he had homo-erotic thoughts of Philip Schofield
>> performing fellatio whenever he saw his picture in the news recently
>> since Schofield's self-outing.
>>

> no everytime I see him now on the tv I can't help picturing a cock in
> his mouth ......

There’s no shame in these fantasies of yours, Shitty Jim. It’s perfectly
fine to be gay in this day and age. You don’t have to keep trying to
repress it any more, mate. Thanks, Shitty Jim.

Stephen Cole

Feb 14, 2020, 5:10:36 AM2/14/20
Schools are on half-term break next week, that’s probably what’s upset him.

Stephen Cole

Feb 14, 2020, 5:10:36 AM2/14/20
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 13/02/2020 18:15, Brian Reay wrote:
>> Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:

>>> The multiple choice, with the answers printed under the questions, did
>>> help your chum Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY - but not his father, a
>>> giant of the North Kent CB scene, apparently. And Cole was in his thirties.
>
>> Funny how you always fail to mention the usual reject Walter Mitties who
>> either couldn’t pass the Advanced Exam or try to pretend they passed the
>> written RAE.
>
> Funny how you always fail to mention the usual reject scum who
> despite passing your toughened-up Advanced Exam had to ask
> in a usenet group which sideband to use on 40m, or those that
> had to wait 20 years to take out an M3 to get on HF.

Badly gotten to.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 14, 2020, 5:43:36 AM2/14/20
that is very inclusive of you pervo.......

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 14, 2020, 5:49:40 AM2/14/20
On 14/02/2020 10:10, Stephen Cole wrote:
that rminds my I would like to say sorry to all the ne'er-do-wells
around here because I found my bea sting antenna in the glove box of the
car that I thought had been stolen...must have taken it off to put
something on he roof rack ....sorry thieving scumbags....

mm0fmf

Feb 14, 2020, 12:50:48 PM2/14/20
On 14/02/2020 10:10, Stephen Cole wrote:
He's perfectly at ease with his sexual orientation by publicly declaring
he imagines men performing fellatio.

You have to give him full marks for be so openly out.

Bernie

Feb 14, 2020, 2:37:08 PM2/14/20
Why did you take out a Foundation Licence, Intermediate Chairman Dick
AKA M3LFP ?

Bernie

Feb 14, 2020, 2:39:13 PM2/14/20
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:03:38 +0000
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> in 1974 I was quite happy being bottom

Hmm...

Bernie

Feb 14, 2020, 2:41:34 PM2/14/20
On 14 Feb 2020 08:10:51 GMT
Stephen Cole <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote:

> Spite <Arse...@male.invalid> Burted this out:
Burt's gone full troll. And it's your doing, you know.

Poor Old Burt.

mm0fmf

Feb 14, 2020, 2:42:45 PM2/14/20
You can tell Spuke is really gotten to when he selectively misses out
the details in his posts.

He scrotum necked old twat will be swearing next. Especially when the
kids put dog toffee through his letterbox as a Valentine gift for him.

Rambo

Feb 14, 2020, 4:12:02 PM2/14/20
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 12:39:33 +0000, Brian Reay <no...@m.com> wrote:

>On 13/02/2020 09:25, Steve Rawcliffe wrote:

>>> That applies to several of your chums, including Rambo, Frank*, not to
>>> mention at least one Walter Mitty*.
>>>

>>> * The same was claimed of those who took the multiple choice RAE.
>>>
>>> Steve isn’t old enough to have done the written RAE.
>>
>> This Steve certainly did do a written RAE, in Germany, in 1982.
>
>Don't worry, it was a different Steve.
>
>The UK RAE wasn't a written Exam in 1982. The last written exam was in
>the late 70s.
>
>Some, like Jim, get all snobby about it. Some even pretend to have done
>the written exam and hide their callsigns ;-)
>

>>My original callsign was DJ0YP (don't go searching your logbook -- I called CQ on 2 m about twice with that c/s, >and got no reply, in Germany, in about 1983!)
>

>> Has to be said it was largely a question of learning a book by heart, as they had a catalogue of questions from which they assembled each exam.
>
>Pretty well how it was, and still is here, and everywhere else.
>
>One of the things we did when we put together the 'new' three tier
>scheme (I was part of the team which developed the UK scheme) was to
>review the old UK question pools. The 'coverage' wasn't all it could be
>by a long way. We were careful to ensure the new question pools were
>more thorough.
>

>As for studying, it was certainly possible to just study from the RAE
>manual - my wife studied it on the train on her daily commute and asked
>for a bit of help with a few things. She passed her RAE in 1982.
>
>> Frankly, I was surprised I passed, and I think I only just scraped through!
>
>You passed, that is what matters. We've got someone who posts here who
>claimed he could have passed the old RAE anytime, then claimed he
>'upgraded' to the current Full (ie passed the current Advanced Exam) he
>claims is easier only for it to turn out he hasn't. Oddly, he claims to
>have qualifications 'superior' to not just one degree but two. Oddly, he
>can't remember what they are. He gets 'upset' when it is mentioned ;-)
>

>> The point is, almost any exam will act as something of a filter to eliminate those who are just think of getting a licence on a whim, and might be better off sticking to CB or PMR.
>>

>National Licensing Administrations are required to verify amateurs have
>a certain level of knowledge in key areas.

You seem a little peeved about something Brian..why is that?

Oh wait.......................

Brian Reay

Feb 14, 2020, 6:52:04 PM2/14/20
Be fair, Spike managed to expose his fantasy world himself which, in turn,
led to him joining the usual rejects full time and becoming a full time
troll.

You shouldn’t take away that one achievement ;-)

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 15, 2020, 3:15:28 AM2/15/20
bona

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 15, 2020, 3:18:36 AM2/15/20
sorry I just can't help picturing all those outed foofters with cocks in
their mouths.....ruines tv viewing for me ....but you probably enjoy it
pick up chebs....

Spike

Feb 15, 2020, 3:40:59 AM2/15/20
On 14/02/2020 23:52, Brian Reay wrote:
Now who's trolling. Been on the Vouvray again?

Brian Reay

Feb 15, 2020, 7:45:20 AM2/15/20
Have you noticed Spike has even taken to calling you 'Bernice' - ie
copying the Chippenham Idiot's tactic of assigning female names/gender
as an insult?

(See his response to me earlier today- he edited the attributions.)

He is already polluting other groups with his angry rants, how long
before he is sending malicious Emails?

Gareth's Linux lappy in the loo

Feb 15, 2020, 9:27:08 AM2/15/20
AKA 2E0RCB AKA M0LIAR

Gareth's Linux lappy in the loo

Feb 15, 2020, 9:28:54 AM2/15/20
Miss! Miss!

Bernie started it, Miss!

Stephen Cole

Feb 15, 2020, 2:28:55 PM2/15/20
It’s never too late for a guy to embrace who he is, deep down, and start
living true to his nature. I, for one, am proud of Shitty Jim for taking
this bold step. I dread to think of the implications for his wife’s
knickers’ gussets, though. Now he’s out in the open about his foibles he’ll
be dolled up in her lingerie 24/7.

Stephen Cole

Feb 15, 2020, 2:28:55 PM2/15/20
Yeah, I have pretty much ruined the dopey old twat’s life, tbf.

Stephen Cole

Feb 15, 2020, 2:28:55 PM2/15/20

mm0fmf

Feb 15, 2020, 2:40:26 PM2/15/20
And thinking of Philip S. with a mouthful of Jim?

Stephen Cole

Feb 15, 2020, 3:05:28 PM2/15/20
Imagine the stain damage those thoughts’ll cause him. Right through the
fabric. Not even steeping them in bleach for a few days afterwards would
salvage ‘em. Total write off. The dirty old goat.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 15, 2020, 3:29:04 PM2/15/20
yes disgusting...can't watch it ....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 15, 2020, 3:30:14 PM2/15/20
probably just what chebs is looking for in his pickup....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 15, 2020, 3:33:05 PM2/15/20
On 15/02/2020 19:28, Stephen Cole wrote:
and if you had which I doubt you would be proud of it no
doubt......shame for you he is just laughing at you like I do
....genuine tee hee......

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 15, 2020, 3:33:41 PM2/15/20
On 15/02/2020 19:28, Stephen Cole wrote:
> Bernie <bernie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:03:38 +0000
>> "Jim GM4DHJ ..." <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> in 1974 I was quite happy being bottom
>>
>> Hmm...
>
> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=power%20bottom&amp=true&defid=13749915

pervert

Bernie

Feb 15, 2020, 3:45:29 PM2/15/20
On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 20:33:03 +0000
Burt has changed, Jim.

Even at the height of his Bean trolling he disguised it as 'keeping the
record straight', now he just trolls. There's no more peppering for
Burt, he's slithered down the slippery slope and now he's up to his
scrotum neck in lard, Jim.

> ....genuine tee hee......

Looks genuine, to me, Jim.

Thanks for the retwat, Jim.

Bernie

Feb 15, 2020, 4:00:59 PM2/15/20
On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 08:40:58 +0000
Poor Old Burt.

Stephen Cole

Feb 16, 2020, 3:01:12 AM2/16/20
Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 15/02/2020 19:28, Stephen Cole wrote:
>> Bernie <bernie...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hmm...
>>
>> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=power%20bottom&amp=true&defid=13749915
>>
> pervert

Maybe you’re a Hungry Bottom then, Shitty Jim? Thanks, Shitty Jim.

Stephen Cole

Feb 16, 2020, 3:01:12 AM2/16/20
Right through the fabric, Shitty Jim. Thanks, Shitty Jim.

Stephen Cole

Feb 16, 2020, 3:01:12 AM2/16/20
Burt’s problem is that he got too emotionally invested in his ukra persona
that he’d crafted over years. When the wheels started to fall off his wagon
when he couldn’t maintain his composure in the face of my indefatigable
posting assault on uk.* circa 2013/2014, he should have simply dumped that
posting ID and started fresh with another. I mean, surely that’s pretty
much the whole point of using anon nyms, right? Instead, Burt clung on to
it like a limpet and sullied himself more and more each day as he became
increasingly gotten to. He should have shitcanned it after the Burton
Bradstock incident, or maybe even earlier when his tear-soaked whine about
being bullied by small children began to be reposted. Poor Old Burt. It’s
probably a few years too late now for him to start again on Usenet, it’ll
be too obvious if a new Wise Old Owl character pops up while Burt “subtly”
fades away. Shame, really, as it’s obvious he was hoping to leave some kind
of respectable legacy in Usenet but he’s fucked that right up now, Burt’s
totally shat the bed.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 4:19:05 AM2/16/20
just what chebs loves to pickup...tee hee

Spike

Feb 16, 2020, 6:11:00 AM2/16/20
On 15/02/2020 12:45, Brian Reay wrote:
> On 14/02/2020 19:41, Bernie wrote:

>> Burt's gone full troll. And it's your doing, you know.

> Have you noticed Spike has even taken to calling you 'Bernice' - ie
> copying the Chippenham Idiot's tactic of assigning female names/gender
> as an insult?

You seem to be somewhat emotional. Heavy night, was it?

You shouldn't compare Bernie's Arse...@male.invalid with anything
anyone else did, it makes them look bad.

> (See his response to me earlier today- he edited the attributions.)

See Bernie's earlier response - he edited the attributions you seem to
have overlooked.

> By polluting other groups with his angry rants, how long before he is sending malicious Emails?

Roger Hayter

Feb 16, 2020, 7:24:27 AM2/16/20
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:

> On 15/02/2020 12:45, Brian Reay wrote:
> > On 14/02/2020 19:41, Bernie wrote:
>
> >> Burt's gone full troll. And it's your doing, you know.
>
> > Have you noticed Spike has even taken to calling you 'Bernice' - ie
> > copying the Chippenham Idiot's tactic of assigning female names/gender
> > as an insult?
>
> You seem to be somewhat emotional. Heavy night, was it?
>
> You shouldn't compare Bernie's Arse...@male.invalid with anything
> anyone else did, it makes them look bad.
>
> > (See his response to me earlier today- he edited the attributions.)
>
> See Bernie's earlier response - he edited the attributions you seem to
> have overlooked.
>
> > By polluting other groups with his angry rants, how long before he is
> sending malicious Emails?

If you are going to retaliate in kind you should make sure you have an
adequate sense of humour.

--

Roger Hayter

Brian Reay

Feb 16, 2020, 7:44:01 AM2/16/20
Your chum has recently tried (and failed) to use explain his behaviour
has 'humour'. Some things aren't funny.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 8:01:53 AM2/16/20
like saying somebody soils his wife's gusetts? ....

Spike

Feb 16, 2020, 9:49:56 AM2/16/20
On 16/02/2020 12:24, Roger Hayter wrote:
I treat inadequates with a suitably based humorous response.

--
Spike

There are no calls from anyone to reissue G8+3, G6+3 or G7+3 calls.
That tells you what you need to know about all calls being equal.

Spike

Feb 16, 2020, 9:51:01 AM2/16/20
On 16/02/2020 12:44, Brian Reay wrote:
You're talking about your friend's 'joke' about feeding Jimbo's liver to
the dogs, I assume.

Nice of you to condemn it, so very late in the day.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 10:00:18 AM2/16/20
ha ha must be that etc...tee hee

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 10:00:45 AM2/16/20
On 16/02/2020 14:49, Spike wrote:
> On 16/02/2020 12:24, Roger Hayter wrote:
>> Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:

>>> You seem to be somewhat emotional. Heavy night, was it?
>
>>> You shouldn't compare Bernie's Arse...@male.invalid with anything
>>> anyone else did, it makes them look bad.

>>> See Bernie's earlier response - he edited the attributions you seem to
>>> have overlooked.

>>> sending malicious Emails?
>
>> If you are going to retaliate in kind you should make sure you have an
>> adequate sense of humour.
>
> I treat inadequates with a suitably based humorous response.

classB M3s ? ....

Stephen Cole

Feb 16, 2020, 12:26:49 PM2/16/20
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 16/02/2020 12:44, Brian Reay wrote:

>>> If you are going to retaliate in kind you should make sure you have an
>>> adequate sense of humour.
>
>> Your chum has recently tried (and failed) to use explain his behaviour
>> has 'humour'. Some things aren't funny.
>
> You're talking about your friend's 'joke' about feeding Jimbo's liver to
> the dogs, I assume.

That was proper funny, tbh, Burt. Jim has a meltdown. Happy days.

mm0fmf

Feb 16, 2020, 12:38:08 PM2/16/20
Sadly Jim's transplanted liver will be well 'seasoned' by now from his
lifestyle, I doubt any dog would eat it.

Stephen Cole

Feb 16, 2020, 1:57:05 PM2/16/20
Some dogs like rolling in shit, though, so maybe they’d be alright with
Jim’s habits.

PS: The typo I made in my previous post is *really* bugging me. Should read
“Jim had a meltdown”... And he fucking did and all, he went absolutely
mental. No sense of humour whatsoever.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 2:12:45 PM2/16/20
so I did...tee hee

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 2:13:22 PM2/16/20
pickup a new one for me...tee hee

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 2:14:26 PM2/16/20
I noticed that and replied appropriately....

mm0fmf

Feb 16, 2020, 2:28:27 PM2/16/20
On 16/02/2020 18:57, Stephen Cole wrote:
It's not surprising he acted the way he did as Jim is most definitely a
giver not a receiver.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Feb 16, 2020, 2:56:39 PM2/16/20
?

Stephen Cole

Feb 16, 2020, 3:41:18 PM2/16/20
Jim GM4DHJ ... <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
From Urban Dictionary:

giver:
The "active" partner in certain sexual acts (the one doing the "giving").
Often refers to the penetrative partner in homosexual intercourse.
“Sometimes I like to take it up the poop chute, but most of the time I'm
the giver.”

HTH, Shitty Jim. Thanks, Shitty Jim.
It is loading more messages.