[G1KQH] IO IO it's off Yahoo groups we go!

G1KQH via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Jan 27, 2017, 5:28:30 PM1/27/17

Steve G1KQH's Amateur Radio Blog "The Font of all Knowledge"

IO IO it's off Yahoo groups we go!

http://g1kqh.blogspot.com/2017/01/io-io-its-off-yahoo-groups-we-go.html

With all the recent Yahoo data breach furore and various problems at times
of access to Yahoo groups, many Amateur Radio groups are turning their
backs on Yahoo and moving to a new group service.

Groups.io is the new place where Hams and I guess many others are moving
their discussion groups from Yahoo. I was first notified over a month ago
that QRPLABS was moving over, I created an account with groups.io and sure
enough if by magic it apppeared in my new groups.io account. Using it has
become very easy and straight forward, and I find it doesn't suffer from
the access lag that Yahoo groups suffered. Since joining, the BITX20 group
has also moved and so have a few others, I expect many others will follow.

Groups.io has a full automated transfer service for groups that wish to
transfer over:https://groups.io/static/transfer I have not used the
transfer myself, but all the groups that have moved I am member of that
have chosen to move to the new service appear to have gone over smooth, and
they popped into my group.io account.

Paul Cummins

Jan 27, 2017, 7:55:33 PM1/27/17
In article <f403045f903acd...@google.com>,
rec-radio-amateur...@panix.com (G1KQH via
rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin) wrote:

> With all the recent Yahoo data breach furore and various problems
> at times of access to Yahoo groups,

I'm shocked that someone who claims to have some significant IT knowledge
is STILL operating a group representing the RSGB on the broken Yahoo
platform.

Is the RSGB aware of this almost criminal negligence and incompetence?

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 5:21:16 AM1/28/17
On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:55:32 -0500, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <f403045f903acd...@google.com>,
> rec-radio-amateur...@panix.com (G1KQH via
> rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin) wrote:
>
>> With all the recent Yahoo data breach furore and various problems at
>> times of access to Yahoo groups,
>
> I'm shocked that someone who claims to have some significant IT
> knowledge is STILL operating a group representing the RSGB on the broken
> Yahoo platform.
>
> Is the RSGB aware of this almost criminal negligence and incompetence?

Fuck off and issue the ukra (delete) CFV, you boring wanker.

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 7:05:20 AM1/28/17
In article <o6hraq$1hbk$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
(gareth) wrote:

> > Is the RSGB aware of this almost criminal negligence and
> incompetence?
>

> Fuck off and issue the ukra (delete) CFV, you boring wanker.

Why would I do that?

1) I'm not the proponent

2) I would vote against anyway.

Twat.

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 7:11:32 AM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 12:05:00 +0000, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <o6hraq$1hbk$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
> (gareth) wrote:
>
>> > Is the RSGB aware of this almost criminal negligence and
>> incompetence?
>>

>> Fuck off and issue the ukra (delete) CFV, you boring wanker.
>
> Why would I do that?

To finish what you started, for once.

> 1) I'm not the proponent

I don't believe you.

> 2) I would vote against anyway.

I do believe you're demented enough to vote against you own proposal,
though.

> Twat.

Yep, you're a twat alright.

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 8:09:34 AM1/28/17
In article <o6i1pi$1s03$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
(gareth) wrote:

> > Why would I do that?
>
> To finish what you started, for once.
>
> > 1) I'm not the proponent
>
> I don't believe you.

Prove I am then.

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 8:16:04 AM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 13:09:00 +0000, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <o6i1pi$1s03$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
> (gareth) wrote:
>
>> > Why would I do that?
>>
>> To finish what you started, for once.
>>
>> > 1) I'm not the proponent
>>
>> I don't believe you.
>>

> Prove I am then.

Just shut the fuck up and Call For Votes, you boring wanker.

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 9:50:28 AM1/28/17
On 28/01/17 13:09, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <o6i1pi$1s03$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
> (gareth) wrote:
>
>>> Why would I do that?
>>
>> To finish what you started, for once.
>>
>>> 1) I'm not the proponent
>>
>> I don't believe you.
>>

> Prove I am then.

Well, you do have raised such and RFD in the past and your 'history'
does get 'aired' frequently on this group. You've a good reason for
wanting it closed. Plus you like stirring up rows about newsgroups-
that is well documented in the archives.

Then you were so sure it wouldn't go to a vote, how could you be so sure
unless you are the proponent?

After all, after the your previous RFD had caused a 'stir' you pulled
it, before it went to a vote, and it was at a time your history was
being 'aired' a lot.

Then there is your history of never finishing anything- all those empty
threats.

All in all, the evidence is stacking up against you Cummins, yet again.

You know, you really should either get a job or perhaps go to college
and study for a qualification. That way you wouldn't have the time to
keep getting up to all the mischief you do.

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 10:12:28 AM1/28/17
In article <o6i5ii$1pa$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid (gareth)
wrote:

> > Prove I am then.
>
> Just shut the fuck up and Call For Votes, you boring wanker.

Yawn - byebye fake Gareth.

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 10:19:34 AM1/28/17
You haven't really thought this RFD through have you?

In your haste to bully Mr Cummins you have only made yourself look
stupid... yet again.

Have you not sussed anything??

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 10:22:39 AM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:12:00 +0000, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <o6i5ii$1pa$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
> (gareth)
> wrote:
>
>> > Prove I am then.
>>
>> Just shut the fuck up and Call For Votes, you boring wanker.
>
> Yawn - byebye fake Gareth.

Bye-bye, boring, non-CFVing wanker.

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 10:25:14 AM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:19:33 +0000, Rambo wrote:

> Have you not sussed anything??

He sussed you, Dumbo.

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 10:39:14 AM1/28/17
In article <o6ib0c$9bt$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:

> All in all, the evidence is stacking up against you Cummins, yet
> again.

Keeping another dossier?

Roger Hayter

Jan 28, 2017, 11:56:39 AM1/28/17
Paul Cummins <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <o6i1pi$1s03$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, no....@invalid.invalid
> (gareth) wrote:
>
> > > Why would I do that?
> >
> > To finish what you started, for once.
> >
> > > 1) I'm not the proponent
> >
> > I don't believe you.
> >

> Prove I am then.

He can't prove you are. But no-one can prove you are not the proponent
(with the possible exception of the actual proponent, but even he would
have difficulty). So why not accept that, and ignore such suggestions?
One denial is enough, the more often you deny it, the more suspicious it
sounds.

FTAOD, I don't believe you are the proponent because you would have done
it in your own name. But constantly denying it will just give the
trolls more attention than they deserve.

--

Roger Hayter

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 12:55:16 PM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 16:56:37 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

> FTAOD, I don't believe you are the proponent because you would have done
> it in your own name. But constantly denying it will just give the
> trolls more attention than they deserve.

Roger, he's done that once already, Roger. Roger, it might look a little
obsessive for him perform exactly the same pantomime script twice, Roger.
Roger, even for an utter arse like Paul, roger-Roger?

Thanks, Roger.

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 1:03:40 PM1/28/17
Your never failing support of Cummins is really quite sickening.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 28, 2017, 1:05:31 PM1/28/17

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
he must be correct then ......

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 1:51:37 PM1/28/17
Just because he's not a sad little vindictive bully like you
Brine....

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 1:52:30 PM1/28/17
In article <o6imal$ihc$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:

> Your never failing support of Cummins is really quite sickening.

So are your never-ending attacks. Which of you is more likely to end up
in trouble as a result?

Clue, it's not Roger.

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 2:34:12 PM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:52:00 +0000, Paul Cummins wrote:

> In article <o6imal$ihc$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:
>

>> Your never failing support of Cummins is really quite sickening.
>
> So are your never-ending attacks. Which of you is more likely to end up
> in trouble as a result?
>
> Clue, it's not Roger.

Paul, is it Burt, Paul? Paul, because Burt's already had something happen
o him when he checked up on you, Paul. Paul, what happened to Burt when
he checked up on you, Paul?

Thanks, Paul.

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 2:36:04 PM1/28/17
On 28/01/2017 18:52, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <o6imal$ihc$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:
>

>> Your never failing support of Cummins is really quite sickening.
>
> So are your never-ending attacks. Which of you is more likely to end up
> in trouble as a result?
>
> Clue, it's not Roger.

Paul is making empty threats again, ooooooo...

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 3:26:48 PM1/28/17
It was Dumbo who claimed he had checked.

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 3:51:35 PM1/28/17
Yep I did and Paul was telling the truth ...over to you Brine...

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 4:02:06 PM1/28/17
In article <o6irnt$564$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:

> > So are your never-ending attacks. Which of you is more likely to
> end up
> > in trouble as a result?
> >
> > Clue, it's not Roger.
> >

> Paul is making empty threats again, ooooooo...

Where?

Steve

Jan 28, 2017, 4:19:24 PM1/28/17
Yes, it must be to you. You must be so sickened that your ongoing
attempts to denigrate Paul are not succeeding and are, instead,
increasingly, backfiring on you so badly as more and more people laugh
at you.

To prevent sickness, you should refrain from making malicious
accusations, apologise to Paul and the groups affected by your
unhealthy obsessions and learn, if you haven't, that malicious
shit-stirrers, are detested on Usenet, especially once they are exposed
as such.

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 4:41:03 PM1/28/17
With your history, we can dismiss that as a lie.

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 4:46:20 PM1/28/17
ROTFL

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 5:12:21 PM1/28/17
You obviously did the same check...and dropped your allegations on
that matter.

Had your claims been true you would be repeating them over and over.
The fact you havn't speaks volumes about you. You are a lying bully.

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 5:17:43 PM1/28/17
He's right, where Paul has published details these can be verified.
You are one sick lying puppy Reay.

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 5:20:39 PM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:02 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) wrote:

>In article <o6irnt$564$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:
>
>> > So are your never-ending attacks. Which of you is more likely to
>> end up
>> > in trouble as a result?
>> >
>> > Clue, it's not Roger.
>> >

>> Paul is making empty threats again, ooooooo...
>
>Where?

Play the victim at every opportunity.
Standard Reay MO.
We all know who the aggressor is....

Steve

Jan 28, 2017, 5:32:42 PM1/28/17
WHS

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 5:38:36 PM1/28/17
You obviously have no idea which matter is being referred to, therefore
your claim you had checked was false.

Caught out again Dumbo Dick.

gareth

Jan 28, 2017, 5:44:50 PM1/28/17
I don't know who the aggressor is, Hambozo. They both look like passive-
aggressive Vicdims, to me.

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 5:59:51 PM1/28/17
Not really.. you know full well what I'm taking about....Would you you
like me to publish the case details, references, phone numbers ect. So
others can check...its your call Fat Boy !

Steve

Jan 28, 2017, 6:32:34 PM1/28/17
He doesn't like facts, evidence or people being able to check on
things, so I don't think he'd like it!

Cue bluster and abuse...

Brian Reay

Jan 28, 2017, 6:35:02 PM1/28/17
Feel free, but it proves nothing beyond you can use Google.

Like Cummins, you think churning out self generated bumpf is proof, it
isn't. It is bluster, indicating you are lying as usual.

So please, bluster away.

The simply fact is, there was no case.

Steve

Jan 28, 2017, 6:47:05 PM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:46:19 +0000
I'm glad you find it so funny. But laughing and rolling on the floor
will only give you transient relief from your predicament and might
not be medically advisable for you.

The ROTFLing will increasingly fade into sad, then even sadder
reflective moments, with your glass in hand, as you finally realise
that you have achieved absolutely nothing whatsoever with your
hatred-fuelled campaign except to signal to the world that you are a
petty, nasty "little" stirrer who never gives up trying to cause
problems for others.

I think that realisation has dawned upon the denizens of the groups
you pollute with your spiteful attacks on others but maybe not to you,
yet.

It will in due course, of course.

Rambo

Jan 28, 2017, 6:50:30 PM1/28/17
I thought you didn't know what I was talking about....You 've checked
and you you know the facts...

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 6:55:28 PM1/28/17
In article <2s5q8c126mvilvjuv...@4ax.com>,
Ra...@thisaintreal.org (Rambo) wrote:

> You are one sick lying puppy Reay.

Lies about his contacts

Lies about his dossier

Lies about his friends

Lies about his family.

Looks like brine's whole life is a lie.

Paul Cummins

Jan 28, 2017, 7:01:07 PM1/28/17
In article <ef4oro...@mid.individual.net>, st...@haha.nospam.inv
(Steve) wrote:

> It will in due course, of course.

Probably as he shuffles off the mortal coil and notices the temperature
increase as he descends.

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 2:58:36 AM1/29/17
Oh dear, that last sentence went a bit astray, as you do when rattled.

You are blustering Dumbo Dick as ever. There was no case and a couple of
forged letters supposedly checked by you, a known liar, don't change that.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 3:21:49 AM1/29/17

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
get up you look stupid .....

Stephen Thomas Cole

Jan 29, 2017, 3:22:00 AM1/29/17
This is the problem Rich, Burt, Paul, Frank Hunter GI4NKB, and so on, face;
they've been caught out on so many lies, large and small, over the years
that anything they now say simply is never believed. They've each destroyed
their own credibility.

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 3:22:39 AM1/29/17

"Paul Cummins" <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <2s5q8c126mvilvjuv...@4ax.com>,
> Ra...@thisaintreal.org (Rambo) wrote:
>
>> You are one sick lying puppy Reay.
>
> Lies about his contacts
>
> Lies about his dossier
>
> Lies about his friends
>
> Lies about his family.
>
> Looks like brine's whole life is a lie.

that is no lie.......

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 3:24:01 AM1/29/17

"Steve" <st...@haha.nospam.inv> wrote in message
well said steve.....you may be a G8 but you are OK .........

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 3:24:24 AM1/29/17

"Paul Cummins" <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <ef4oro...@mid.individual.net>, st...@haha.nospam.inv
> (Steve) wrote:
>
>> It will in due course, of course.
>
> Probably as he shuffles off the mortal coil and notices the temperature
> increase as he descends.

tee hee

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 3:35:16 AM1/29/17

"Stephen Thomas Cole" <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote in message
glad you haven't included me there ....good man ......

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 3:40:20 AM1/29/17
Indeed. Plus, having allied themselves to Cummins, the last thing they
want is the truth coming out about his history.

Decent people try to put clear blue water between themselves and scum,
no befriend it.

When they arrest pedo rings, how often do you hear that they are widely
spread out, groups of scum with only one disgusting common bond, who
stick together like excrement? They aren't decent people.

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 4:25:35 AM1/29/17
He did, you are insignificant enough to be in the 'and so on', it saved
him listing all the other winnits.

Stephen Thomas Cole

Jan 29, 2017, 4:34:59 AM1/29/17
Ha! You're letting your inner-Geordie out there, Brian. The only other
place I've ever seen "winnit" used was in notorious Newcastle periodical
Viz.

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 4:47:31 AM1/29/17
;-)

Do you know the derivation?

Stephen Thomas Cole

Jan 29, 2017, 4:55:08 AM1/29/17
No, go on...

gareth

Jan 29, 2017, 5:46:30 AM1/29/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:26:47 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

> On 28/01/2017 19:34, gareth wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:52:00 +0000, Paul Cummins wrote:

>>> So are your never-ending attacks. Which of you is more likely to end
>>> up in trouble as a result?
>>>
>>> Clue, it's not Roger.
>>
>> Paul, is it Burt, Paul? Paul, because Burt's already had something
>> happen o him when he checked up on you, Paul. Paul, what happened to
>> Burt when he checked up on you, Paul?
>>

>> Thanks, Paul.
>>

> It was Dumbo who claimed he had checked.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/uk.net.news.moderation/Ca9V-nYJp-E/iBMMk_S9BgAJ

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 6:14:56 AM1/29/17
That is a Cummins claim, ie worthless.

Had Spike checked and found something which proved me wrong, he still be
crowing about it.

Dumbo Dick is a proven liar so we can't trust his claims.

Plus, of course, if it was real, there would be two, similar cases, in
the same area, with namesake victims, at the same time as Cummins
insists the case mentioned in the Council tax report isn't him. That
hardly sounds plausible, does it.

On another matter, what is Jeffery Archer doing these days? I know he
ended up in serious bother after lying to the court but he seems to have
vanished from the scene. I assume someone shopped him.

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 6:35:20 AM1/29/17
I've heard two, both, to give the 'sanitised' version are names for
small bits of excrement which are difficult to dispose of. I seem to
recall (I think) Jimmy Connelly building one of his 'monologues' around
one of the descriptions, it involved flushing a loo numerous times.

Of course, such terms go back years and may well have multiple claimed
derivations. I don't recall it hearing it outside of the Tyneside area,
unless the speaker was a northerner, but I expect other areas have
similar versions. A number of Geordie terms are common to those used in
parts of Scotland and, to my surprise, Norway- something I discovered
when at Uni, one of my fellow students was from Norway and, at the time,
I did use Geordie terms from time to time. Over the years, my accent has
mellowed. 'Yem' (home) was the one he spotted and led to the discovery
of some others.

I can't saw I've read Viz much, not really my kind of humour. Is it
still published? There was a fan of Viz on the group who produced
'uk.ra' versions from time to time.

Paul Cummins

Jan 29, 2017, 6:44:14 AM1/29/17
In article <o6kjuh$rha$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:

<snip>

Maybe we should call them the Kentish Mutual Massage club?

Of course that second word could be replaced with another one starting
with M, especially as they'd both have done mankind a favour by following
the example of Onan.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 7:04:53 AM1/29/17

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
that's nice ......

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 7:09:22 AM1/29/17
On 29/01/17 11:44, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <o6kjuh$rha$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Maybe we should call them the Kentish Mutual Massage club?
>
> Of course that second word could be replaced with another one starting
> with M, especially as they'd both have done mankind a favour by following
> the example of Onan.

Cummins seems to be taking scripture lessons from Frank.

Paul Cummins

Jan 29, 2017, 7:19:18 AM1/29/17
In article <o6klub$2b8$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:

> > Of course that second word could be replaced with another one
> starting
> > with M, especially as they'd both have done mankind a favour by
> > following
> > the example of Onan.
> >

> Cummins seems to be taking scripture lessons from Frank.

Or perhaps:

Kent-based
Unusually
Named
Tosser-

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 7:20:30 AM1/29/17

"Stephen Thomas Cole" <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote in message
hate the Geordie accent........

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 7:21:06 AM1/29/17

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
he will if it's perverted enough .....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 7:22:21 AM1/29/17

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
pathetic ....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 7:27:48 AM1/29/17

>groups of scum with only one disgusting common bond, who
> stick together like excrement? They aren't decent people.

you stephanus and tomlinkinsin......

Paul Cummins

Jan 29, 2017, 7:27:54 AM1/29/17
In article <o6k9md$sjs$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:

> When they arrest pedo rings, how often do you hear that they are
> widely spread out, groups of scum with only one disgusting common
> bond, who stick together like excrement? They aren't decent
> people.

So who are you accusing of being involved in a Paedophile ring then,
KUNT?

Brian Reay

Jan 29, 2017, 7:33:37 AM1/29/17
On 29/01/17 12:19, Paul Cummins wrote:
> In article <o6klub$2b8$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:
>
>>> Of course that second word could be replaced with another one
>> starting
>>> with M, especially as they'd both have done mankind a favour by
>>> following
>>> the example of Onan.
>>>

>> Cummins seems to be taking scripture lessons from Frank.
>
> Or perhaps:
>
> Kent-based
> Unusually
> Named
> Tosser-

Oh dear, you are having yet another of your childish tantrum days.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 7:38:41 AM1/29/17

"Paul Cummins" <agree2...@spam.vlaad.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <o6k9md$sjs$1...@dont-email.me>, no...@m.com (Brian Reay) wrote:
>
>> When they arrest pedo rings, how often do you hear that they are
>> widely spread out, groups of scum with only one disgusting common
>> bond, who stick together like excrement? They aren't decent
>> people.
>
> So who are you accusing of being involved in a Paedophile ring then,
> KUNT?

brian will quite happily accuse anybody of anything.....

Stephen Thomas Cole

Jan 29, 2017, 8:25:14 AM1/29/17
We called them "tagnuts" or "dangleberries" when I was a kid.

> Of course, such terms go back years and may well have multiple claimed
> derivations. I don't recall it hearing it outside of the Tyneside area,
> unless the speaker was a northerner, but I expect other areas have
> similar versions. A number of Geordie terms are common to those used in
> parts of Scotland and, to my surprise, Norway- something I discovered
> when at Uni, one of my fellow students was from Norway and, at the time,
> I did use Geordie terms from time to time. Over the years, my accent has
> mellowed. 'Yem' (home) was the one he spotted and led to the discovery
> of some others.
>

> I can't saw I've read Viz much, not really my kind of humour. Is it
> still published? There was a fan of Viz on the group who produced
> 'uk.ra' versions from time to time.

Viz is still published, I buy it regularly. It's still pretty funny, the
more broad strips (Fat Slags, Roger Mellie, etc) are of variable quality
but the mock tabloid articles are always brilliant, and there's a few
strips (Drunken Bakers, Scum Mothers, Who'd Have 'Em) that are amongst the
strongest social commentaries around.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jan 29, 2017, 8:27:46 AM1/29/17

"Stephen Thomas Cole" <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote in message
well we all know now where you got your education from ......