[AMSAT-UK] New Ham Radio Promotional Video

AMSAT-UK via rec.radio.info Admin

Oct 15, 2015, 6:38:49 PM10/15/15
AMSAT-UK

New Ham Radio Promotional Video

http://amsat-uk.org/2015/10/15/new-ham-radio-promotional-video/

21st Century Radio Amateurs

The RSGB has launched a new amateur radio promotional video on their
YouTube channel.

The video was produced in conjunction with TX Factor and has generated lots
of positive comment since it was first shown publicly at the RSGB
Convention on October 10.

One person commented the video is really good, hardly an oldie to be seen !!

The amateur satellite service features prominently in the video, Peter
Goodhall 2E0SQL is shown working the amateur satellites and astronaut Doug
Wheelock KF5BOC puts in an appearance from on-board the International Space
Station.

Among those spotted in the video were amateurs from the Silcoates School,
Camb Hams and Essex Ham.
Watch Amateur Radio a hobby for the 21st century

RSGB https://twitter.com/theRSGB

RSGByouth https://twitter.com/theRSGByouth

Spike

Oct 16, 2015, 3:57:51 AM10/16/15
On 15/10/2015 23:38, AMSAT-UK via rec.radio.info Admin wrote:
> AMSAT-UK

> ///////////////////////////////////////////
> New Ham Radio Promotional Video

> http://amsat-uk.org/2015/10/15/new-ham-radio-promotional-video/

> 21st Century Radio Amateurs

> The RSGB has launched a new amateur radio promotional video on their
> YouTube channel.

> The video was produced in conjunction with TX Factor and has generated
> lots of positive comment since it was first shown publicly at the RSGB
> Convention on October 10.

> One person commented the video is really good, hardly an oldie to be
> seen !!

If by 'oldie' he's referring to people, then the RSGB have just
marginalised their 'average amateur'. What amazing business sense from
the captains of industry.

> Among those spotted in the video were amateurs from the Silcoates School

And there's your clue.

> RSGByouth https://twitter.com/theRSGByouth

..and there's another.

Quite why anyone over the age of 18 remains a member is a mystery indeed.

Oh...wait a minute....most Amateurs aren't members! There's a clue there
for /you/, RSGB!

--
Spike

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

gareth

Oct 16, 2015, 4:00:23 PM10/16/15
<luc...@eternal-flames.gov> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:57:53 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
> wrote:
>>Oh...wait a minute....most Amateurs aren't members! There's a clue there
>>for /you/, RSGB!
> I understand that RSGB membership is down to 21K now.
> Not so much a national society, more a rump protest group.
> What a shame there isn't a petition on the govt. web-site, calling for
> them to be wound up as irrelevent.
> I'd sign it... I'm always happy to wind the sewage farm up.

But when the clockwork spring is released, there'd be sh*t flying
everywhere!

Brian Reay

Oct 17, 2015, 4:29:08 AM10/17/15
You are obsessed by the RSGB. If the were as insignificant as you like to
pretend, why would you devote so much time to them?

If you devoted the same amount of time to studying for the licence exams
you could have overtaken Rambo and got yourself a Full licence.

lordgnome

Oct 17, 2015, 4:45:05 AM10/17/15
On 16/10/2015 20:09, luc...@eternal-flames.gov wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:57:53 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Oh...wait a minute....most Amateurs aren't members! There's a clue there
>> for /you/, RSGB!
>

> I understand that RSGB membership is down to 21K now.
>
> Not so much a national society, more a rump protest group.
>
> What a shame there isn't a petition on the govt. web-site, calling for
> them to be wound up as irrelevent.
> I'd sign it... I'm always happy to wind the sewage farm up.

Odd - Radcom each moth lists a load of new & returning members.

Les.

Brian Reay

Oct 17, 2015, 5:21:03 AM10/17/15
True Les but you don't know how many are either not renewing or actively
resigning.

The usual rejects devote far too much time to the RSGB for their supposed
belief to be remotely true.

They are just stirring, just like Evans.

Spike

Oct 17, 2015, 5:21:59 AM10/17/15
On 17/10/2015 09:45, lordgnome wrote:
> On 16/10/2015 20:09, luc...@eternal-flames.gov wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:57:53 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Oh...wait a minute....most Amateurs aren't members! There's a clue there
>>> for /you/, RSGB!

>> I understand that RSGB membership is down to 21K now.

>> Not so much a national society, more a rump protest group.

>> What a shame there isn't a petition on the govt. web-site, calling for
>> them to be wound up as irrelevant.
>> I'd sign it... I'm always happy to wind the sewage farm up.

> Odd - Radcom each moth lists a load of new & returning members.

> Les.

They would say that, wouldn't they. I'm sure it's true, but guess which
part of the truth is had to discover?

Didn't one of the interminable mechanically-recovered blogs recently
mention 19,300 (which presumably included the 2000 overseas members)?

Brian Reay

Oct 17, 2015, 5:49:50 AM10/17/15
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 17/10/2015 09:45, lordgnome wrote:
>> On 16/10/2015 20:09, luc...@eternal-flames.gov wrote:

>>> I understand that RSGB membership is down to 21K now.
>
>>> Not so much a national society, more a rump protest group.
>
>>> What a shame there isn't a petition on the govt. web-site, calling for
>>> them to be wound up as irrelevant.
>>> I'd sign it... I'm always happy to wind the sewage farm up.
>
>> Odd - Radcom each moth lists a load of new & returning members.
>
>> Les.
>
> They would say that, wouldn't they. I'm sure it's true, but guess which
> part of the truth is had to discover?
>
> Didn't one of the interminable mechanically-recovered blogs recently
> mention 19,300 (which presumably included the 2000 overseas members)?

My, you do devote a lot of time to the RSGB.

Funny how you can't put the same level of effort into something positive,
perhaps forming an alternative. Of course that is too much like hard work,
you just like to whine.

Spike

Oct 17, 2015, 5:49:58 AM10/17/15
Well, you're pretty insignificant, but it doesn't stop me trying to
teach you useful things.

> If you devoted the same amount of time to studying for the licence exams
> you could have overtaken Rambo and got yourself a Full licence.

If you'd done that 30 years ago, you could have had a proper licence
instead of a being a mere B.

Spike

Oct 17, 2015, 5:53:23 AM10/17/15
On 17/10/2015 10:47, Brian Reay wrote:
> Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
>> On 17/10/2015 09:45, lordgnome wrote:

>> Didn't one of the interminable mechanically-recovered blogs recently
>> mention 19,300 (which presumably included the 2000 overseas members)?

> My, you do devote a lot of time to the RSGB.

Do I?

> Funny how you can't put the same level of effort into something positive,
> perhaps forming an alternative. Of course that is too much like hard work,
> you just like to whine.

If you'd done that 30 years ago, you could have had a proper licence
instead of being a mere B, instead of whining about the As.

Brian Reay

Oct 17, 2015, 6:20:56 AM10/17/15
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 17/10/2015 10:47, Brian Reay wrote:
>> Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
>>> On 17/10/2015 09:45, lordgnome wrote:
>
>>> Didn't one of the interminable mechanically-recovered blogs recently
>>> mention 19,300 (which presumably included the 2000 overseas members)?
>
>> My, you do devote a lot of time to the RSGB.
>
> Do I?
>
>> Funny how you can't put the same level of effort into something positive,
>> perhaps forming an alternative. Of course that is too much like hard work,
>> you just like to whine.
>
> If you'd done that 30 years ago, you could have had a proper licence
> instead of being a mere B, instead of whining about the As.

Oh dear, two responses, both with petty comments.

That really got to you, didn't it.

Clearly even you recognise you failings but are too lazy to do anything
about them. That explains everything.

Spike

Oct 17, 2015, 7:21:17 AM10/17/15
On 17/10/2015 11:18, Brian Reay wrote:
> Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:

>>> My, you do devote a lot of time to the RSGB.

>> Do I?

>>> Funny how you can't put the same level of effort into something positive,
>>> perhaps forming an alternative. Of course that is too much like hard work,
>>> you just like to whine.

>> If you'd done that 30 years ago, you could have had a proper licence
>> instead of being a mere B, instead of whining about the As.

> Oh dear, two responses, both with petty comments.

Yes, quite, You should have grown out of such things by now.

> That really got to you, didn't it.

What did?

> Clearly even you recognise you failings but are too lazy to do anything
> about them. That explains everything.

Your B status really gets to you, doesn't it. An opportunity forsaken.
No end of foreign calls and beginners licences can hide that. What shame.

gareth

Oct 17, 2015, 7:41:27 AM10/17/15
"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message

> You are obsessed by the RSGB. If the were as insignificant as you like to
> pretend, why would you devote so much time to them?

They are a threat to all _REAL_ radio amateurs and much as they are a waste
of time, nevertheless
they are leading the world of amateur radio down the drain and so must be
kept an eye on.

> If you devoted the same amount of time to studying for the licence exams
> you could have overtaken Rambo and got yourself a Full licence.

Once again you resort to infantile insulting outbursts.

Why do you behave like that?

gareth

Oct 17, 2015, 7:42:09 AM10/17/15
"lordgnome" <l...@nospam.null> wrote in message

> Odd - Radcom each moth lists a load of new & returning members.

It's called, "Whistling in the dark to keep up your spirits".

gareth

Oct 17, 2015, 7:43:11 AM10/17/15

> The usual rejects devote far too much time to the RSGB for their supposed
> belief to be remotely true.
> They are just stirring, just like Evans.

Once more, it is from your own keyboard that the origination of gratuitous
abuse arises.

gareth

Oct 17, 2015, 7:44:22 AM10/17/15
> Of course that is too much like hard work,
> you just like to whine.

Do you mean like all the effort that you put in, in 30+ years to NOT
pass the 12 WPM Morse test?

gareth

Oct 17, 2015, 7:44:48 AM10/17/15
"Spike" <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote in message

> If you'd done that 30 years ago, you could have had a proper licence
> instead of being a mere B, instead of whining about the As.

+1

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 17, 2015, 8:07:08 AM10/17/15

> Spike

yes...brian is a joke ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 17, 2015, 8:09:52 AM10/17/15

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
and you could have been a class A...but no aptitude I suppose......

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 17, 2015, 8:10:53 AM10/17/15

> Spike

then what would we have done for sport? ...

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 17, 2015, 8:17:21 AM10/17/15
On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 09:45:04 +0100, lordgnome <l...@nospam.null> wrote:

>> Not so much a national society, more a rump protest group.
>>
>> What a shame there isn't a petition on the govt. web-site, calling for
>> them to be wound up as irrelevent.
>> I'd sign it... I'm always happy to wind the sewage farm up.
>>
>Odd - Radcom each moth lists a load of new & returning members.

Can a society publish the details of someone joining if that someone
clearly tells them not to publish their details?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 17, 2015, 8:19:51 AM10/17/15

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
...what he really really wanted he can NEVER have...shame

mm0fmf

Oct 17, 2015, 8:28:17 AM10/17/15
At least he as a licence.

Ian Jackson

Oct 17, 2015, 8:29:58 AM10/17/15
In message <56223c33...@news.albasani.net>, mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com
writes
Why do you think that they would deliberately publish any information
about you if you had specifically asked them not to?

In any case, with the society you are probably referring to, in the 'New
Members', 're-joiners' and 'N years of continuous membership' lists, it
only publishes a name and a callsign - hardly 'your details'!
--
Ian

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 17, 2015, 9:07:38 AM10/17/15
Spike's proper gotten to today, he's having yet another of his meltdowns.
He's really throwing a tantrum in unnc too.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 17, 2015, 9:52:51 AM10/17/15
On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:29:51 +0100, Ian Jackson
<ianREMOVET...@g3ohx.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> , it
>only publishes a name and a callsign - hardly 'your details'!
Oh dear.

gareth

Oct 17, 2015, 9:55:30 AM10/17/15
<mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com> wrote in message
Paul, having had the pleasure of meeting you in person 4 years ago, and
knowing
you to be a downright upright man, how about if you weer to put yourself
forward as a moderator?

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 17, 2015, 10:15:57 AM10/17/15
On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 14:55:28 +0100, "gareth" <no....@thank.you.invalid>
wrote:

>you to be a downright upright man, how about if you weer to put yourself
>forward as a moderator?
I've been there before and whilst it wasn't a nasty overall experience,
I wouldn't do it again. With todays technology it would be easier to do
most of the duties remotely. I learned a lot from it but I came to the
conclusion that I wouldnt do it again if anyone asked.

But since you asked.... No thanks.

Ian Jackson

Oct 17, 2015, 10:59:35 AM10/17/15
In message <56225284...@news.albasani.net>, mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com
writes
Yes, dear?

If you are really anxious not to have your details publicised, you will
have already taken steps to make sure that you are 'particulars
withheld' in the Callbook, and also on the various websites.- unless
your problem is simply that you are ashamed to let it be known that you
have finally changed your mind, and realised you really should support
the national society.
--
Ian

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 18, 2015, 2:37:46 AM10/18/15

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 09:18:55 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay <no...@m.com>
> wrote:
>

>>True Les but you don't know how many are either not renewing or actively
>>resigning.
>>
>>The usual rejects devote far too much time to the RSGB for their supposed
>>belief to be remotely true.
>>
>>They are just stirring, just like Evans.
>>

> #
>
> Me? Stirring?
>
> I'd never do a thing like that Brian.
>
> Apart from anything else, these day's I'm rich enough to hire newly
> qualified (Qualified? Ha!) M6s, to come and stir things for me...
> Well... It's the only paid employment many will ever get.

very true...or sell drugs

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 18, 2015, 2:39:07 AM10/18/15

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 10:18:49 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay <no...@m.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Oh dear, two responses, both with petty comments.
>>
>>That really got to you, didn't it.
>>
>>Clearly even you recognise you failings but are too lazy to do anything
>>about them. That explains everything.
>
> Maybe what Spike meant, was to say that if you had put in any effort
> at all, back 30+ years ago, you'd have a proper callsign now, rather
> than one which forever identified you as a third-rate no-hoper. ;-)
>
> You've got to admit. Spike makes a good point.
>
> Hope you are keeping well and enjoying retirement, Brian old son.
>
> If you're ever over in this neck of the woods, I have some nice malt's
> you might like to sample and loads of good whiskey, too
>
> Nick.

that confirms it is not your friends that buy you drink ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 18, 2015, 2:41:14 AM10/18/15

"mm0fmf" <no...@mailinator.com> wrote in message
rather than a finger Licence to kill ....

Brian Reay

Oct 18, 2015, 4:11:16 AM10/18/15
Spike seems to forget that the opinions he and his fellow usual rejects
hold count for nothing. After all, why would anyone put any store in the
opinions of a bunch of underachieving, trouble making, bitter, wannabes?
Spike's discredited history of spinning fantasy stories, ranging from his
imaginary career history, through encounters in cafes, to this he has
supposedly heard on air etc., have left him with no credence what so ever,
unless you count the blind support of those who emulate him amongst the
usual rejects.

Fred Roberts

Oct 18, 2015, 4:42:01 AM10/18/15
On 18/10/2015 09:09, Brian Reay wrote:

> Spike seems to forget that the opinions he and his fellow usual
> rejects hold count for nothing. After all, why would anyone put any
> store in the opinions of a bunch of underachieving, trouble making,
> bitter, wannabes? Spike's discredited history of spinning fantasy
> stories, ranging from his imaginary career history, through
> encounters in cafes, to this he has supposedly heard on air etc.,
> have left him with no credence what so ever, unless you count the
> blind support of those who emulate him amongst the usual rejects.

Perhaps the usual retards would be good enough to point out the flaws in
Spikes position given that it is supported by the RSGB's own data.

--
Extend twats law - make 'em wear a cheat sheet 24/7

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 18, 2015, 5:26:43 AM10/18/15
Are you using that elite education you received at that "special school"
you were sent to to analyse the RSGB data, Frank? Because if so, I think
you should anticipate a little scepticism, OM.

Brian Reay

Oct 18, 2015, 5:49:29 AM10/18/15
As I recall, he was unable to plot a graph not so long back.

As for the 'data', it seems Spike has already 'massaged' that from his
vague source.

Whatever the the RSGB's membership is, Spike and Co still seem to devote a
lot of time to trying to play down its significance. Why would anyone waste
time doing that for something they believed was irrelevant?

Of course, the reason is obvious. Even if the RSGB membership was 1/2 of
what it is, it would still be the largest group of amateurs in the UK and,
for good or ill, OFCOM would still confer with them.

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 18, 2015, 6:31:17 AM10/18/15
Brian Reay <no...@m.com> wrote:
> Stephen Thomas Cole <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote:
>> Fred Roberts <f...@bar.com> wrote:

>>> Perhaps the usual retards would be good enough to point out the flaws in
>>> Spikes position given that it is supported by the RSGB's own data.
>>>

>> Are you using that elite education you received at that "special school"
>> you were sent to to analyse the RSGB data, Frank? Because if so, I think
>> you should anticipate a little scepticism, OM.
>>

> As I recall, he was unable to plot a graph not so long back.

I expect it's difficult when using crayons.

> As for the 'data', it seems Spike has already 'massaged' that from his
> vague source.

Vapourdata?

> Whatever the the RSGB's membership is, Spike and Co still seem to devote a
> lot of time to trying to play down its significance. Why would anyone waste
> time doing that for something they believed was irrelevant?
>
> Of course, the reason is obvious. Even if the RSGB membership was 1/2 of
> what it is, it would still be the largest group of amateurs in the UK and,
> for good or ill, OFCOM would still confer with them.

They're just misfits who can't accept being permanently out in the cold.

Brian Reay

Oct 18, 2015, 7:28:41 AM10/18/15
Hence the appropriate collective name for them, the usual rejects. Such
people don't achieve much in life and need someone to blame, they can't
accept responsibility for their own failures. You can see why they don't
do well in roles which involve working with others, they would be
constantly bickering and causing grief.

Spike

Oct 18, 2015, 10:10:17 AM10/18/15
For heaven's sake don't bring facts into the argument - it only causes
confusion in the minds of the inadequate.

This from a recent blog post:

"One thing that struck me as very odd was the question relating to use
of the free access tickets to Bletchley Park that RSGB membership affords.

The reason this is odd is that the answer to the questions surrounding
the worth of this aspect of membership is already known, and should
already have prompted action. Out of about 19,300 RSGB members, a mere
450, or just over 2%, made use of the free access in the last published
accounting year. Perhaps there will be a small spike in visits for the
2014/15 year, but I suspect that will be solely down to the screening of
"The Imitation Game" film, and very little else. "

Anyone got any better or more accurate or more recent data on the 19,300
figure?

--
Spike

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 18, 2015, 11:08:05 AM10/18/15
On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:10:16 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
wrote:

>Anyone got any better or more accurate or more recent data on the 19,300
>figure?

The nearest I could get in a short search was...

HTTP://TINYURL.COM/FUTURE-RSGB

August 2012

Looking towards the future.

Last paragraph on page 1 - bottom right hand corner.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 18, 2015, 12:44:38 PM10/18/15

"Brian Reay" <no...@m.com> wrote in message
That is a laugh coming from an inveterate liar...

Spike

Oct 19, 2015, 4:27:13 AM10/19/15
"Sorry ... Page Not Found"

Brian Reay

Oct 19, 2015, 4:55:15 AM10/19/15
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 18/10/2015 16:07, mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:10:16 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
>> wrote:
>
>>> Anyone got any better or more accurate or more recent data on the 19,300
>>> figure?
>
>> The nearest I could get in a short search was...
>
>> HTTP://TINYURL.COM/FUTURE-RSGB
>
>> August 2012
>
>> Looking towards the future.
>
>> Last paragraph on page 1 - bottom right hand corner.
>
> "Sorry ... Page Not Found"

That is the story of your life, isn't it, blank followed by blank followed
by blank....

Having picked a number with zero provenance you are now thrashing around in
a panic. Hardly they way someone trained in science would operate, least of
all one supposedly entrusted with his own lab, elevated to the lofty
heights of having a diplomatic passport, or negotiating international
treaties.

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 19, 2015, 5:50:14 AM10/19/15
It's funny how he claims all those grand things and the grand career, yet
had to beg his manager for some time off when his mum died.

Brian Reay

Oct 19, 2015, 6:04:43 AM10/19/15
Stephen Thomas Cole <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote:
I find that claim of his very hard to believe. The CS are very good on
leave for such things.

What is 'distasteful' his using such a topic to make up stories, rather
like his brother.

Fred Roberts

Oct 19, 2015, 8:26:12 AM10/19/15
On 18/10/2015 10:47, Brian Reay wrote:
> Stephen Thomas Cole <use...@stephenthomascole.com> wrote:
>> Fred Roberts <f...@bar.com> wrote:

>>> Perhaps the usual retards would be good enough to point out the
>>> flaws in Spikes position given that it is supported by the RSGB's
>>> own data.
>>>

>> Are you using that elite education you received at that "special
>> school" you were sent to to analyse the RSGB data, Frank? Because
>> if so, I think you should anticipate a little scepticism, OM.
>>

> As I recall, he was unable to plot a graph not so long back.

Your recall is as damaged as the rest of your mental abilities.

> As for the 'data', it seems Spike has already 'massaged' that from
> his vague source.

I'd be grateful if you could point me to where and when this "massaging"
too place. I think it behoves us all to expose the wafflers and the
liars amongst us, wouldn't you agree? Thanks in advance.

Brian Reay

Oct 19, 2015, 9:07:55 AM10/19/15
Clearly it isn't only graph plotting which is beyond you.

Look at the numbers and have another try, You will never improve you
basic numeracy skills without a little effort. Who knows, it may improve
your employability, although I know you don't really want that.

gareth

Oct 19, 2015, 11:16:07 AM10/19/15
> You will never improve you basic numeracy skills without a little effort.

This from the same fool who said that e^(-jwt) was a function that decreased
with
increasing time, and then, making an even bigger fool of himself, tried to
defend his
original claim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred Roberts

Oct 19, 2015, 2:57:25 PM10/19/15
Are you surprised????????????

Fred Roberts

Oct 19, 2015, 2:58:34 PM10/19/15
On 19/10/2015 14:07, Brian Reay wrote:

> Clearly it isn't only graph plotting which is beyond you.
>
> Look at the numbers and have another try, You will never improve you
> basic numeracy skills without a little effort. Who knows, it may
> improve your employability, although I know you don't really want
> that.

I'll take that as a no then. Once again you fail to substantiate your
hyperbole. Tut, tut.

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 19, 2015, 3:42:35 PM10/19/15
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:27:12 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
wrote:

>"Sorry ... Page Not Found"

August 2012

http://rsgbdata.net/documents/pdf/governance-and-strategy.pdf

Brian Reay

Oct 19, 2015, 3:50:24 PM10/19/15
Over three years out of date and doesn't support Spike's number.

0/10

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 19, 2015, 3:53:30 PM10/19/15
It's clear that Frank Hunter GI4NKB just doesn't have the mental capacity
to learn, hence why he was sent to a "special school".

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 19, 2015, 3:54:36 PM10/19/15
LOL! What a maroon! He's thicker than Frank! And that's saying something!

Brian Reay

Oct 19, 2015, 4:15:54 PM10/19/15
He has been taking lessons from Cummins.

Spike

Oct 20, 2015, 4:38:36 AM10/20/15
On 19/10/2015 09:53, Brian Reay wrote:
> Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
>> On 18/10/2015 16:07, mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com wrote:

>>> The nearest I could get in a short search was...

>>> HTTP://TINYURL.COM/FUTURE-RSGB

>>> August 2012

>>> Looking towards the future.

>>> Last paragraph on page 1 - bottom right hand corner.

>> "Sorry ... Page Not Found"

> That is the story of your life, isn't it, blank followed by blank followed
> by blank....

I don't wear an apron or roll up my trouser leg, unlike some.

> Having picked a number with zero provenance

Did I? Do you have an authoritative number?

Feel free to publish it, if you can. I'll bet you can't.

> you are now thrashing around in a panic.

Am I?

> Hardly they way someone trained in science would operate

How would you know? You were only an engineer.

> least of all one supposedly entrusted with his own lab

Wonderful days, the sort you'll never taste.

> elevated to the lofty heights of having a diplomatic passport

Whoever would want to travel as a mere oik?

Oh! You do! Nuff said.

> or negotiating international treaties.

Such things are beyond some people, aren't they. Thank goodness they
remain in insignificant obscurity.

Spike

Oct 20, 2015, 4:39:03 AM10/20/15
So, 'We currently have just over 20,000
members and we have set a target to stay
above this level for the near term"

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

So, just over 20,000 three years ago, and with the increases in
membership since then, 19,300 seems just about right.

Take off the 2000 overseas members, and the RSGB is becoming an
endangered species.

The upcoming licence revocation might take off even more than the
current increases.

Bring it on....

Brian Reay

Oct 20, 2015, 5:02:35 AM10/20/15
On 20/10/15 09:39, Spike wrote:
> On 19/10/2015 20:42, mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:27:12 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
>> wrote:
>
>>> "Sorry ... Page Not Found"
>
>> August 2012
>
>> http://rsgbdata.net/documents/pdf/governance-and-strategy.pdf
>
> So, 'We currently have just over 20,000
> members and we have set a target to stay
> above this level for the near term"
>
> The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>
> So, just over 20,000 three years ago, and with the increases in
> membership since then, 19,300 seems just about right.
>
> Take off the 2000 overseas members, and the RSGB is becoming an
> endangered species.

Except, that wasn't what you tried before.

Spike

Oct 20, 2015, 5:34:19 AM10/20/15
Except that you still haven't produced any authoritative figures

Another part of that document says

"The IB has spent a lot of time working on the
question of Governance. It does not shy away
from the fact that the problems that beset the
Society last year can be placed fairly and
squarely on poor Governance. We simply cannot
allow such events to happen again."

Poor Governance, in the time before the IB rode to the rescue.

Now, there's an example to us all.

Stephen Thomas Cole

Oct 20, 2015, 1:46:03 PM10/20/15
Gotten to meltdown!

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 20, 2015, 3:17:42 PM10/20/15
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:34:17 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
wrote:

>"The IB has spent a lot of time working on the

Good ol' Len is in there now, working hard at everything.

Good man.

TSAoldschool

Oct 20, 2015, 5:14:57 PM10/20/15
What nostalgia! This threads just like GB3LO on a dreary Monday evening in February...

Spike

Oct 20, 2015, 6:13:21 PM10/20/15
Top notch chap.

Fred Roberts

Oct 20, 2015, 6:26:08 PM10/20/15
On 20/10/2015 10:34, Spike wrote:

> Poor Governance, in the time before the IB rode to the rescue.

Anyone we know?

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 20, 2015, 7:53:55 PM10/20/15
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 23:13:19 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
wrote:

>On 20/10/2015 20:17, mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:34:17 +0100, Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>> "The IB has spent a lot of time working on the
>> Good ol' Len is in there now, working hard at everything.
>> Good man.

>Top notch chap.

Lights up a room when he walks into it :-)

He's very bright!

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 21, 2015, 2:20:20 AM10/21/15
On 20/10/2015 22:14, TSAoldschool wrote:
> What nostalgia! This threads just like GB3LO on a dreary Monday evening in February...

with you jamming it ...

--
Analog Man...Damaged with issues ...

Spike

Oct 21, 2015, 4:13:21 AM10/21/15
On 20/10/2015 23:25, Fred Roberts wrote:
> On 20/10/2015 10:34, Spike wrote:

>> Poor Governance, in the time before the IB rode to the rescue.

> Anyone we know?

Far be it for me to say, but at a rough guess the 'good governance'
approach is still losing members...

Still, when the licence cull takes place, it should put the percentage
membership up, so not all bad news.

Fred Roberts

Oct 21, 2015, 5:16:02 AM10/21/15
On 20/10/2015 23:25, Fred Roberts wrote:
> On 20/10/2015 10:34, Spike wrote:
>
>> Poor Governance, in the time before the IB rode to the rescue.
>
> Anyone we know?

If Brian had put as much effort into destroying the RSGB as he put in to
destroying amateur radio we'd be in a much better place today. In
typical fashion though, Brian, when we're all counting on him failed to
step up to the mark and only wounded the beast rather than killing it.
It was rather good for a giggle though.

TSAoldschool

Oct 26, 2015, 5:32:21 PM10/26/15
On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 07:20:20 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> On 20/10/2015 22:14, TSAoldschool wrote:
> > What nostalgia! This threads just like GB3LO on a dreary Monday evening in February...
> >
> with you jamming it ...

What a scurrilous accusation Jim! Oddly enough, I found my old singles collection the other day... Dead Kennedys... Sex Pistols (Frigging in the Rigging)... and of course, Wayne County & the Electric Chairs! Quality nostalgia!
And well worth the effort I suppose - it got shut down...

mw/3...@gggg-mail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 6:53:05 PM10/26/15
On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:32:20 -0700 (PDT), TSAoldschool
<robert...@gmail.com> wrote:

>What a scurrilous accusation Jim! Oddly enough, I found my old singles collection the other day...

>Dead Kennedys...
Too Drunk to ....

>Sex Pistols (Frigging in the Rigging)...
Never Mind the ...

Ahhhh them were the days....

Brian Reay

Oct 27, 2015, 2:42:21 AM10/27/15
Spike <Aero....@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/10/2015 23:25, Fred Roberts wrote:
>> On 20/10/2015 10:34, Spike wrote:
>
>>> Poor Governance, in the time before the IB rode to the rescue.
>
>> Anyone we know?
>
> Far be it for me to say, but at a rough guess the 'good governance'
> approach is still losing members...
>
> Still, when the licence cull takes place, it should put the percentage
> membership up, so not all bad news.

It will also help the RSGB finances.

FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI

Oct 27, 2015, 6:42:48 AM10/27/15
<mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com> wrote in message
Yeah, none of this PC claptrap in those days. You could call a spade a
spade.
--
;-)
.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 27, 2015, 8:52:13 AM10/27/15

"TSAoldschool" <robert...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I have the Ivor Biggin LP ...tee hee ...never listened to it...got it at a
car boot sale...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 27, 2015, 8:53:17 AM10/27/15

<mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com> wrote in message
...nothing worse than an old punk ..... :)......Dr Feelgood ...Wilko
rules!!!

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 27, 2015, 8:54:05 AM10/27/15

"FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI" <g3...@turner-smith.uK> wrote in message
> <mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:32:20 -0700 (PDT), TSAoldschool
>> <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What a scurrilous accusation Jim! Oddly enough, I found my old singles
>>>collection the other day...
>>
>>>Dead Kennedys...
>> Too Drunk to ....
>>
>>>Sex Pistols (Frigging in the Rigging)...
>> Never Mind the ...
>>
>> Ahhhh them were the days....
>>

> Yeah, none of this PC claptrap in those days. You could call a spade a
> spade.

..and a lesbian a dyke ....

gareth

Oct 27, 2015, 9:35:56 AM10/27/15
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Which is what the Yanks call wire sidecutters.

FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI

Oct 28, 2015, 7:48:31 PM10/28/15
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/264445809342548804/

TSAoldschool

Oct 29, 2015, 8:53:09 PM10/29/15
Whatever happened to him I wonder?

I was more of a Stranglers man...

TSAoldschool

Oct 29, 2015, 8:58:00 PM10/29/15
Probably a collectors item! Whether it is or not, I strongly recommend you don't play it... unless perchance it has that stirring anthem I have only ever heard two or three times, yet the lyrics remain in my mind 40 odd years later? It was called 'I've farted' IIRC... 33 RPM golddust!

TSAoldschool

Oct 29, 2015, 8:59:28 PM10/29/15
On Tuesday, 27 October 2015 10:42:48 UTC, FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:
> <mw/3/q...@gggg-mail.com> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:32:20 -0700 (PDT), TSAoldschool
> > <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>What a scurrilous accusation Jim! Oddly enough, I found my old singles
> >>collection the other day...
> >
> >>Dead Kennedys...
> > Too Drunk to ....
> >
> >>Sex Pistols (Frigging in the Rigging)...
> > Never Mind the ...
> >
> > Ahhhh them were the days....
> >

> Yeah, none of this PC claptrap in those days. You could call a spade a
> spade.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about old Ron!

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 30, 2015, 3:18:26 AM10/30/15
he is fighting cancer ...but still playing in his own strange way
...Stranglers were cool ....

--
Social Media is evil...
stuff your clouds...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 30, 2015, 3:22:22 AM10/30/15
I knew a GM3Z** who had it on a cassette in his vauxhall carlton
......fine upstanding member of the amateur community he was in the
80's...well everybody thought ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oct 30, 2015, 4:06:08 AM10/30/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeoKCJNI-k4